AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-27, 21:16   Link #101
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kazumi needs to do a seductive naked dance in front of Sabrec to distract him with Massive nosebleeds while the other 3 destroys him.
Old 2008-02-27, 21:18   Link #102
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I suppose she deserves your sarcasm. For Margery, most of it seems to go according to her own whims and benefits, because up to where the Silver flame emerged, Margery wasn't directly involved in most of the bust-ups Shana and Yuji have been through from Season 1 up till this episode.
Old 2008-02-27, 21:31   Link #103
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Wohoo! Atleast now he can throw fireballs at people. Seems like the change was pretty drastic though. Anyone remember like 3 episodes ago when he was still screaming every time there was a fight? =)
Old 2008-02-27, 21:33   Link #104
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yuji's Fire Balls are epic, he literally laid to waste the who area he was fighting in, by throwing only 2 fire balls.

I know we gonna see Yuji attempt to do some sword fighting action against Sabrec, although... he will obviously lose, as it'll be his first real sword fight, let alone against one of the most powerful Tomogaras in the Shanaverse.
Old 2008-02-27, 21:43   Link #105
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
She needs more pants+no-shirt time to balance it all out.

Where is she nowadays, anyway? The appearance of Sabrac would be a good time to emo over using the cross to sacrifice herself for Shana x Yuji. ^^

And "Destructive Blade Sabrac" is pretty badass-looking. I know he's been in the OP all this time, but seeing the preview, I just felt it needed to be said again.
*Still hopes Kazumi will become eternal and beat out Shana*

Maybe Pheles will come, take her power of existance, and give her a companion Reiji Maigo? *Hopes*

After a lot of thought, I kind of realized that Shana really is on the border of being a tsundere, instead of being a full out one. She's just too whiny to be one, at least to me... That's part of the reason why I like Kazumi more.
Old 2008-02-27, 21:46   Link #106
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sorry Chrissie, its not going to happen, Its called Shakugan no Shana, not Shakugan no Kazumi
Old 2008-02-27, 21:50   Link #107
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Sorry Chrissie, its not going to happen, Its called Shakugan no Shana, not Shakugan no Kazumi
Just like Shakespeare's Juliet Caesar is named "Juliet Caesar".

Titles are meaningless. Kazumi can easily win. It just means that Shana is the title character, so if/when she dies/gives up and Kazumi marries Yuji, the series ends.
Old 2008-02-27, 21:51   Link #108
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
*Still hopes Kazumi will become eternal and beat out Shana*

Maybe Pheles will come, take her power of existance, and give her a companion Reiji Maigo? *Hopes*

After a lot of thought, I kind of realized that Shana really is on the border of being a tsundere, instead of being a full out one. She's just too whiny to be one, at least to me... That's part of the reason why I like Kazumi more.
Hey, you're an author, man! What are you waiting for?

For dreamers like you (and me, though not in the SnS world), it's better to put pen to paper and write out something which you desire, especially when you know certain forums and users are always bound to do senseless bashing for certain characters.

Shana, whiny? I don't quite understand. Which part of her has been whiny to the extent where it actually overshadows her tsundere-ness mostly shown in Season 1?
Old 2008-02-27, 21:55   Link #109
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Hey, you're an author, man! What are you waiting for?

For dreamers like you (and me, though not in the SnS world), it's better to put pen to paper and write out something which you desire, especially when you know certain forums and users are always bound to do senseless bashing for certain characters.

Shana, whiny? I don't quite understand. Which part of her has been whiny to the extent where it actually overshadows her tsundere-ness mostly shown in Season 1?
LOL. I've been waiting for Shana to end to write my own fan ending to it.
It's also a matter of time. I'm presently too busy with the visual novel I'm working on to get to it.

Shana in this episode wasn't really whiny. But, it's just the impression I've gotten of her since the beginning, even in season one. From "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" to her showdown with Kazumi during the twins arc, to her emo-ness early this season, she's always seemed to be more of a whiny character than a tsundere character. Maybe it's just that I think of tsundere as like Tohsaka Rin or Nanase Rumi instead, but Shana never even appeared in my mind as a tsundere until somebody told me she was like two weeks ago...
Old 2008-02-27, 22:33   Link #110
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sorry, Kazumi will sooner spontaneously explode before she replaces what Shana is too Yuji. Yuji only has Shana in his eyes, and its foolish to argue otherwise.
Old 2008-02-27, 22:38   Link #111
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Sorry, Kazumi will sooner spontaneously explode before she replaces what Shana is too Yuji. Yuji only has Shana in his eyes, and its foolish to argue otherwise.
Yeah the Anime may have done a bad job of showing it, but in the Novels, Yuji's been attracted to Shana from the first Novel. Also the author of the Novels said that Shakugan no Shana was Simply a Story of a boy, and a Girl (Yuji, and Shana) so it's impossible for Kazumi to win Yuji in anyplace other than fanfics.
Old 2008-02-27, 22:41   Link #112
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
From the anime, I really am seeing otherwise. Towards the end of season one where Kazumi confesses her love for Yuji in the rain, I definately saw the bond between them. But I've never seen any outwardly love of Yuji towards Shana. Just the other way around.

Besides, the novels aren't finished yet, so it is impossible to say that Yuji is bound for Shana regardless. Who knows? The author may change his mind, or may have been planning it all along.

Anyways, this is deviating for episode 19, so I'll discuss this in the speculations thread from now on.
Old 2008-02-27, 22:43   Link #113
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Next weak it looks like we have a real fight on our hands as a very special powerful entity shows up. Willa. Shana, and Yuuji are going to have their hands full im not sure they are ready to face him yet hopefully no deaths next week at least not yet.
If Yuji gets his hands on it, expect to hear some crunching

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Yeah the Anime may have done a bad job of showing it, but in the Novels, Yuji's been attracted to Shana from the first Novel. Also the author of the Novels said that Shakugan no Shana was Simply a Story of a boy, and a Girl (Yuji, and Shana) so it's impossible for Kazumi to win Yuji in anyplace other than fanfics.
I've not read the novels so this is just a blind guess. I'm wondering if Pheles isn't testing Yoshida? If she is willing to sacrifice herself for Yuji could Pheles give up her form Alastor style and Yoshida be her flame haze. She would be close to her lover if Yuji and Yoshida get together and they would be kinda in the same state.
Old 2008-02-27, 22:43   Link #114
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
From the anime, I really am seeing otherwise. Towards the end of season one where Kazumi confesses her love for Yuji in the rain, I definately saw the bond between them. But I've never seen any outwardly love of Yuji towards Shana. Just the other way around.

Besides, the novels aren't finished yet, so it is impossible to say that Yuji is bound for Shana regardless. Who knows? The author may change his mind, or may have been planning it all along.

Anyways, this is deviating for episode 19, so I'll discuss this in the speculations thread from now on.
erm...concidering what happened in the latest Novel it's completly impossible for Kazumi to win no matter what happens.
Old 2008-02-27, 22:53   Link #115
Aquifina

Quote:
Off the top of my head...

1. Yuji's obvious disappointment when Shana takes back the confession from the end of S1 (one of Shana's more spectacular screw-ups)

2. Yuji figuring out that Shana had skipped out on training to make his bento, and his obvious happiness at receiving it (before he realized it was five melonpans)--compare this with him thinking about refusing Kazumi's bento, until Ike convinces him otherwise

3. Yuji so obviously wanting that kiss during the twins arc

4. Yuji thinking about Shana's face right after the sleeping together ep. in S1

5. Yuji's promise to always be with Shana during the early conflicts over training

All that being said, I do think Yuji's fond of Kazumi; but he really does only have eyes for Shana.
Old 2008-02-27, 22:55   Link #116
X207
Gamyūsa

nice to see yuji get his first kill(s). the fireballs were cool, breaking the neck was just brutal . im not the one to watch naruto but sabrac from the ep 20 preview remids me of one of the naruto characters, or was it final fantasy
Old 2008-02-27, 23:07   Link #117
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Can anyone please tell me where could I download the second season of Shakugan no Shana? I am really quite desperate to watch it as it is quite awesome and the plot is just exaggerating.
Old 2008-02-27, 23:17   Link #118
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Wow...I never thought I'd use Yuuji and gar in the same sentence, but he was one gar Tomogara ass-kicking machine in this episode. It's good to see he's starting to acquire his own powers to have a more active role in fighting--I'm trying to keep my expectations for the next few episodes low though, since with the novels still running I'm guessing the odds of a real conclusion (ending the story and the war with the Guze no Tomogara) are pretty slim.
Old 2008-02-27, 23:41   Link #119
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Off the top of my head...

1. Yuji's obvious disappointment when Shana takes back the confession from the end of S1 (one of Shana's more spectacular screw-ups)

2. Yuji figuring out that Shana had skipped out on training to make his bento, and his obvious happiness at receiving it (before he realized it was five melonpans)--compare this with him thinking about refusing Kazumi's bento, until Ike convinces him otherwise

3. Yuji so obviously wanting that kiss during the twins arc

4. Yuji thinking about Shana's face right after the sleeping together ep. in S1

5. Yuji's promise to always be with Shana during the early conflicts over training

All that being said, I do think Yuji's fond of Kazumi; but he really does only have eyes for Shana.
Cookie for you.

From the top of my head, those examples reminded me of the possible evidences shown in the anime about his possible feelings towards Shana, only that he might not have truly discerned it to be of romantic nature.

Considering what has been happening, I wasn't surprised that any 'romantic development' between the two hasn't been too obvious (go condemn Pheles for that, too). The closest thing to having Yuji even 'confess' in a way is his repeated declaration of knowing that he will be leaving the city together with Shana.

Quote:
Shana in this episode wasn't really whiny. But, it's just the impression I've gotten of her since the beginning, even in season one. From "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" to her showdown with Kazumi during the twins arc, to her emo-ness early this season, she's always seemed to be more of a whiny character than a tsundere character. Maybe it's just that I think of tsundere as like Tohsaka Rin or Nanase Rumi instead, but Shana never even appeared in my mind as a tsundere until somebody told me she was like two weeks ago...
You see, there's a difference between being 'bratty and somewhat socially inept' and 'whiny'. In season 1, Shana was simply acting like that because she had been raised in an environment where the emphasis for her was to be trained as a Flame Haze and not much else (and Wilhelmina as well as Alastor accepted the fact that they had overlooked this aspect to be an important part of nurturing her). Her dialogue from before she began interacting with Yuji more was a piece of evidence and compared to other Flame Hazes like Wilhelmina, Margery or Khamsin, Shana had infinitely less experience interacting with people, and a Mystes at that.

Last edited by Owaranai Destiny; 2008-02-28 at 01:15.
Old 2008-02-28, 07:22   Link #120
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

What is this blasphemy about Yoshida Kazumi challenging the destined couple?

:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Can anyone please tell me where could I download the second season of Shakugan no Shana? I am really quite desperate to watch it as it is quite awesome and the plot is just exaggerating.
Umm...isn't it listed, like, on the front page of this very website?

But anyway, just to be helpful.
Closed Thread