AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-10, 14:18   Link #1001
Kiavik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Sigh. I know there will be a chorus of disapproval when the reviews start coming in, but I loved ep10. Sure we are being manipulated.
Why? Can you summarize what happened? (under spoilers obviously)
Kiavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 15:02   Link #1002
ThoHell

There were hints in the previous episodes but none so concrete until this one. It gave off a bad vibe from the very beginning, I knew what was coming but was hoping that I wasn't right. *Sniff Sniff*
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 16:40   Link #1003
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Well, I figured *that* was coming. They couldn't put it off much longer. But what I want to know is...

Spoiler for Is this in Episode 10?:
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 16:45   Link #1004
Rockpopple

I'm gonna put my money on
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Rockpopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 17:47   Link #1005
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

Spoiler:
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 05:05   Link #1006
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

BSS Subs are out.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 05:08   Link #1007
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2009-09-11, 05:38   Link #1008
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2009-09-11, 10:29   Link #1009
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 10. Pretty sure Itsuki's thinking this woman has far too many screw loose by the end.

Honestly, I found the presentation of the scenes where Yuuki was shown to be have been tagged as dead at the hospital to be really, really cheap if not ridiculous. There's really no reason for us not to be shown this scene in the episode where it happens. It's as if the producers implicitly decided to cut it out and save it for this episode. It's practically a simple bait and switch to lure the viewer in with a possibility when it has already happened, despite the fact that the main characters have even seen it!

Think about it, everyone saw him being tagged and declared dead, and at the very least Mirai is just blocking out the memories, but Mari saw it too. From either an objective viewpoint or from the viewpoint of the characters there is almost no reason not to show this to us. It's not as if no one was there to witness it but they were; this wasn't an unobserved event. If we are supposed to be seeing this from the viewpoint of the main cast then we should have seen even some sort of inkling of this. Mirai just blocked it out completely and Mari for some damn reason won't let us see it. Now if we're supposed to be omniscient viewers then we should be party to everything they see, regardless of mental blocking.

This is sloppy to me. It's so... so convenient that we get shown this scene and think "Oh so that's what happened!" when the writers think they should show us. It's so convenient for them to be switching viewpoints and plot points all over the place to find some excuse not to give us this, and show this to us using a flashback at the most convenient of times. By convenient I mean "let's milk the audience for all they're worth."

*sigh*

I would have at the very least would have wanted that he's simply her delusion rather than being alluded to as a ghost and saying "I'm dead" at the end. Fine, I'll man it up and just take this in stride. One more episode to go and I might as well ride it out.
Old 2009-09-11, 10:41   Link #1010
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is this show still on the air?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:48   Link #1011
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You're like Mirai: living in convenient denial.
Old 2009-09-11, 10:53   Link #1012
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

LOL, not quite - just emotionally checked out to the point where I've pretty much stopped caring too much. But it became clear that things were getting unpleasant in the thread, so if people are still enjoying it I figured I might as well butt out and let them do so in peace.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 11:52   Link #1013
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
LOL, not quite - just emotionally checked out to the point where I've pretty much stopped caring too much. But it became clear that things were getting unpleasant in the thread, so if people are still enjoying it I figured I might as well butt out and let them do so in peace.
So you say you'll butt out though you still post something like you previous did? Something doesn't add up.
Old 2009-09-11, 12:48   Link #1014
aulzon

Another really emotional episode. I do however felt they dragged it a bit long, "the issue".

I'm thinking that it will probably end with Mari reuniting with Mirai and helping her through it.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:19   Link #1015
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Watch my needle move from "docu-drama good" to "hmmm, interesting drama" to "annoyed at arm waving fantasy" as the episodes unfold.... not sure I'm going to be surprised at a movie "Wizard of Oz" ending at this point :P
Old 2009-09-11, 13:28   Link #1016
FTV

Spoiler for Yuuki:
Also, MeoTwister5, milk the audience for all they're worth? I have no freaking idea what that means. You mean milk them of tears? Milk them of... viewing? Milk them of... boredom? I can't think of any situation where I don't want to be milked.
FTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:41   Link #1017
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 10. Pretty sure Itsuki's thinking this woman has far too many screw loose by the end.

etcetc...
While my feelings may not be as strong as the quoted post above, it does sum it up quite nicely.

I do not like this style, which was also blatently used in Ocean's Twelve, that they purposely omit a scene which just happened, "FACT", delay it and then show it at the end.

For me, episode 10 was disturbing and saddening, as we focused on a dead person's work, yet a drag at the same time because we were shown the painfully obvious in an even obvious manner, and what we thought would happen in the first minutes of the episode (judging from last week's "cliffhanger"), we had to wait until right at the end.

Just one more episode to go and I'm still interested in how this will wrap up, having been so intrigued by Mirai.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:04   Link #1018
TCman

In my opinion episode 10 is quite well executed, but the revelation that Yuuki already has passed away could have been better.

As for the scene where Yuuki was being re-animated and then declared dead, it was not shown in episode 8, it's because everyone will immediately know that Yuuki is already dead for sure; the anime creators really want the viewers to guess whether Yuuki has passed away or not, they want to confuse the viewers and above all they want to build up the drama.

Now I think that Mirai really didn't want to believe that Yuuki has passed away when they are at the hospital (in the tent); since it's so unbelievable to her to believe she somekind developed amnesia so she could forget everything what's unpleasant and more importantly what really has happened to Yuuki, while developing the asumption that Yuuki is still alive. I guess she is the one who has signed in person the "death" certificate (in disbelief of course). Everything in her "dream" or "nightmare" actually has happened, except the operation in the E.R..

For me it's hard to believe the Yuuki we saw is a ghost since he has shadows, but still I like the idea of the ghost/spirit of Yuuki traveling with Mirai to go home with her and "waking her up" with all the memories he and she had together, especially showing what he did/made in his classroom, e.g. the drawing of the bridge (the reason why he wanted to go to the robot exhibition with Mirai) and his "Japanese calligraphy" on the wall.

Well, I really look forward to the next and last episode.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:19   Link #1019
RedWing

edit: removed by mod

c'mon this show has seriously jumped the shark. How does a realistic docu-drama about a possible earthquake make a discussion about whether a character is a ghost or a visual-auditory hallucination?

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-09-12 at 00:50. Reason: please don't casually mention other series' endings, for the sake of those who haven't seen them.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:32   Link #1020
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTV View Post
Spoiler for Yuuki:
Spoiler for yuuki:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, japan, noitamina, tragedy