AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 20:14   Link #201
Kentleton

Send a message via AIM to Kentleton Send a message via MSN to Kentleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That didn't take very long.
No it did not and Im glad
Kentleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 21:56   Link #202
relentlessflame

*Administrator

FYI that the DVD/BD solicitations for the second season are out now, and they confirm: 9 volumes with 3 episodes each = 27 episodes. Probably somewhere between 24 and 26 for the TV airing and 1 or more home media-exclusive. On the one hand this isn't so surprising given the first season's undeniable success, but on the other... yeah, wow.
Old 2010-04-06, 22:16   Link #203
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

26~ episode season of K-On? Added to the first season's 14 episodes?

Wow.

There better be concerts...nice ones.
Old 2010-04-06, 22:21   Link #204
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wha... 26 episode? I'm not exactly sure thats a good thing, for a series like K-On which lives on comedy, etc than content. Hopefully, KyoAni will manage to entertain us for the most of the episodes.. And yes, there had better be some good concerts (and songs).
Old 2010-04-07, 00:02   Link #205
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just so good why cant some one pick up K-ON!
I like the new op and ed
Old 2010-04-07, 00:35   Link #206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They seem to be going to warp with K-On now they they got Haruhi up to the part people wanted most (Disappearance). Where can we see the source of the 9 Blu-rays with 3 episodes each info?

Also one wonders what they will do. I was sure they had enough manga for 13-14 episodes more easy...but 26? Though showing actually concerts would provide filler (if you can call it that). But then some plots can be expounded on. They could show the whole play if they wanted to, or more fanservice in their senior trip (locations and such...not skin).

I wonder about the fate of the Mio fanclub from the first season (mentioned after their first concert, and Mio's...ricebowl incident). That one shot with a cel phone camera must be hot stuff.
Old 2010-04-07, 00:53   Link #207
NinjaYali
Banned

The Moe War has begun. Let the rage begin!!

Also I must say. I hate the S2 op. Just when you thought Yui couldn't possibly sound more annoying.

Edit: Also one point to Working!! in Moe War because I like their opening better.

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-04-07 at 06:19.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 02:05   Link #208
Sparvid
*hic*

26 episodes? Whoa.

23 4-koma chapters were adapted into the first 12 episodes, with the last two only having a scene or two from the manga, along with the original main stories.

I don't know when production of the second season began, but even with the most recent ones, there's only about 20 chapters left. And I don't think that every one of them can be stretched into single episodes (like the first ep of season 2 was), considering that most of the first season consisted of 2 chapters/episode.
Old 2010-04-07, 03:15   Link #209
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
26 episodes? Whoa.

23 4-koma chapters were adapted into the first 12 episodes, with the last two only having a scene or two from the manga, along with the original main stories.

I don't know when production of the second season began, but even with the most recent ones, there's only about 20 chapters left. And I don't think that every one of them can be stretched into single episodes (like the first ep of season 2 was), considering that most of the first season consisted of 2 chapters/episode.
They could always adapt the anthology manga, that should last them a few more episodes.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:32   Link #210
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Where can we see the source of the 9 Blu-rays with 3 episodes each info?
On CD Japan, you can see in English that the runtime of the first of nine discs is 72 minutes (which is 3 episodes). On Amazon JP, the first 5 discs all show the same 72-minute runtime. As a general rule, Japanese DVD/BD anime solicitations that have the same price have the same episode count, so it's very safe to assume that if the first 5 discs have 3 episodes each, so will the last 4, making for 27 episodes in all. 9 DVDs/BDs is also a very normal count for a 2-cour show.

If you don't trust retailers, TBS also has the BDs/DVDs on their own online store, and the first volume confirms the 72-minute/3-episode count as well.
Old 2010-04-07, 09:47   Link #211
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
On CD Japan, you can see in English that the runtime of the first of nine discs is 72 minutes (which is 3 episodes). On Amazon JP, the first 5 discs all show the same 72-minute runtime. As a general rule, Japanese DVD/BD anime solicitations that have the same price have the same episode count, so it's very safe to assume that if the first 5 discs have 3 episodes each, so will the last 4, making for 27 episodes in all. 9 DVDs/BDs is also a very normal count for a 2-cour show.

If you don't trust retailers, TBS also has the BDs/DVDs on their own online store, and the first volume confirms the 72-minute/3-episode count as well.
Thanks for the info! So it's going to be a 26 episode series, huh? Well, I hope they keep it fresh most of the time.

On a side note, are anime DVD's always this expensive? I mean $60 for one dvd and $80 for one BD is flat out robbery IMO...
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:59   Link #212
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Thanks for the info! So it's going to be a 26 episode series, huh? Well, I hope they keep it fresh most of the time.
Well, a 27-episode series, but no more than 26 will air on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
On a side note, are anime DVD's always this expensive? I mean $60 for one dvd and $80 for one BD is flat out robbery IMO...
Late-night anime is always this expensive in Japan, because this is one of the main things that pays the bills. When you're airing your show well past midnight in infomercial hours (and typically paying the TV stations to air it), it's not as if you're getting any money off of advertisers. The audience that wants to buy anime on DVD or BD in Japan is rather small, and they're willing to pay a premium price for a premium product. With the first season, around 40,000 people ended up springing for the home media releases which, by the time you count retail markup, probably netted them somewhere in the range of $8-9 million. Might seems like a lot but when you consider that most anime produced is a total retail flop on DVD/BD (with many these days selling under 1,000 copies per volume), a big success like this one has a lot to make up for.

Anyway, hope that helps explain it...
Old 2010-04-07, 10:10   Link #213
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, a 27-episode series, but no more than 26 will air on TV.
Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Quote:
Late-night anime is always this expensive in Japan, because this is one of the main things that pays the bills. When you're airing your show well past midnight in infomercial hours (and typically paying the TV stations to air it), it's not as if you're getting any money off of advertisers. The audience that wants to buy anime on DVD or BD in Japan is rather small, and they're willing to pay a premium price for a premium product. With the first season, around 40,000 people ended up springing for the home media releases which, by the time you count retail markup, probably netted them somewhere in the range of $8-9 million. Might seems like a lot but when you consider that most anime produced is a total retail flop on DVD/BD (with many these days selling under 1,000 copies per volume), a big success like this one has a lot to make up for.

Anyway, hope that helps explain it...
That is a very good answer and it answered my question quite well. But still, seeing a $60 price tag for three episodes kind of gave me sticker shock lol.

Anyway, thank you for answering my questions, you were really helpful. I'm what you would call a "casual" fan, so I don't really know the ins and outs of the industry.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 10:21   Link #214
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Especially when you are use to $30 or less for DVD containing 4 or even 5 episodes in both English and Japanese.
Old 2010-04-07, 10:21   Link #215
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
26 episodes? Whoa.

Serious? 26 episodes?

Well, if they do RitsuMio! Nodoka? I'll be happy.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-04-07 at 15:14. Reason: Please keep images for the image thread
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 21:32   Link #216
yoropa
Director

Is it just me or did the voice of Ritsu change?
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 00:01   Link #217
[T]ensio[N]
Moe Moe Kyun~ <3

Im about to watch right freaking now!!
Old 2010-04-08, 03:59   Link #218
Ezilled

If I buy this 26 episodes + an extra episode on its season 2, then KyoAni would slower the pacing and plan something original like the episode 14th. I believe KyoAni would probably stay in one chapter = one episode format considering episode 1 covered v3 chapter 5, and the second episode will cover the cleaning of their clubroom. Significantly, there are 21 translated chapters including the special (and 4 missing untranslated chapters starting from February) that can be adapt, and at least 10 unreleased chapters starting from April that can be animated. Also, KyoAni has the power to come up with original ending and episodes so this might not be a problem. Regardless, I'm worried about the music content for now. I hope KyoAni would make it better and on par with the first season's image songs and live performances.

Despite the fact that it may be way too overkill, I'm contented by just one season.
Ezilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:52   Link #219
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Why do people keep saying this same line over and over and over and over and over everywhere a second season topic comes up? If it's not Lucky Star it's the never happening sequel to Full Metal Panic. Like is this a challenge/countersign thing like in special ops or something?

Challenge: "Second Season of K-On incoming"

Countersign: "New season of Lucky Star/Haruhi/FMP/Key please?"

I don't know, I'm just so bored of reading this particular one liner amongst the sea of them I often have to suffer through on my daily forum perusals. It's been brought up a thousand times before, it's not going to change anything if somebody posts it on a forum/blog/twitter page, so please stop filling message boards with it kids lest I start to wonder if it's actually spam bots posting it. Not that I haven't already entertained the thought.

edit: I'm also invoking the "If I had a dollar for everytime somebody said" clause on this one too, because really it's true. In fact I would probably be buying a new PC by now.
Wow over-react much? lol Seriously how am I supposed to know stuff like this? I dont read these forums every day... sorry if my post-of-excitement got your knickers in a bunch.
Old 2010-04-08, 10:18   Link #220
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well,....
looks like they have a different genre in second season
The op and end suddenly start with Rock'n'roll genre ^^
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen