AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 24 27.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 35.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 19.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-13, 02:17   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
People that are born with that type of gift are usually socially incapable otherwise.

I SUPPOSE THIS EXPLAINS A WHOLE DAMN LOT DOESN'T IT?

And as a heads up, so noone thinks I'm 'trolling', I love Yui, even if she's a complete fucking moron.

Same here... I'd probably kill her to save humanity in real life but as a fictional character she's a delightful dysfunctional idiot. All the other characters are at least marginally functional and not-so-idiot... even clown Ritsu.
Old 2010-05-13, 03:19   Link #62
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Same here... I'd probably kill her to save humanity in real life but as a fictional character she's a delightful dysfunctional idiot. All the other characters are at least marginally functional and not-so-idiot... even clown Ritsu.
You wouldn't need to save humanity from her because she'd end up on the Darwin Awards before posing any real threat.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-05-13, 03:48   Link #63
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not if Ui keeps defending her.
Old 2010-05-13, 04:22   Link #64
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I think it's called having perfect pitch. It's something you're born being able to do, and it's not even close to being unique to Yui.
Not really. People that grow up with a tonal language like the most asian languages happen to have perfect pitch more often as they have to depend on it more than people with more stress based languages.

But Japanese isn't really a tonal language as far as I know, so it's either luck or the usual freakish talent of the Hirasawa sisters.
Old 2010-05-13, 05:18   Link #65
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I never said it was unique, just that (as you noted) it's a talent she was born with, leaving her to be stupid otherwise .
I think you meant "high functioning autism".

Quote:
Sure I'm an otaku but you would never see me scratching the walls or the like the way she did here. Also, I've never given names to anything I've ever owned, but I don't consider that unique to otaku behavior though.
I think you are totally unconscious of what you did. Heck I even named my red Ibanez GRX-140 Azunyan, despite being a rationally charged person.

Quote:
People that are born with that type of gift are usually socially incapable otherwise.

I SUPPOSE THIS EXPLAINS A WHOLE DAMN LOT DOESN'T IT?

And as a heads up, so noone thinks I'm 'trolling', I love Yui, even if she's a complete fucking moron.

I am suspecting that you want to take advantage of her denseness to have your way around with her....don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Frankly, I've been loving this second season a lot more than I did the first. I'm susceptible enough to the kind of moefest the first season was, but this season actually seems to be building up the cast quite a bit better; always a plus.
This is called the Mugi-sser effect. It draws yuri-mad perverts shounen into watching her Mugivision filtered scenes.

Bottomline : The people who watch K-ON! are all perverts in one way or another. Except for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not if Ui keeps defending her.
She'll cut you up with a kitchen knife, anyday, anytime. She's already looking at Azunyan with yandere eyes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-13, 06:30   Link #66
yakumo-chan

I wonder if any of the girls already had a boyfriend..???
Old 2010-05-13, 06:54   Link #67
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Because fans of this show don't want them to have boyfriends. K-ON!! is yuri/moe anime.
Old 2010-05-13, 07:10   Link #68
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Mio already has a "boyfriend", by the name of Ritsu, who's a tomboy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-13, 10:01   Link #69
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Mio's "Men are animals!" from the manga chapter was probably speaking from experience.

@0utf0xZer0:
I guess we can liken her to the panda. Evolutionary dead-end but are protective of them anyways.
Old 2010-05-13, 10:31   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Besides all the funny reasons... they're attending an all-girl school and have their day packed with school, club, and homework (which often takes them to 10, 11, or even midnight). When do they even have time to see/meet/find a boy? Boyfriends are for college (where in Japan, once you hurdle the entrance, the time commitments are remarkably less intense).
Old 2010-05-13, 12:04   Link #71
yakumo-chan

I forgot what episode that was but....

the girls were talking about boyfriends.... although it is not focused..... others might not have noticed it..... I cant remember but I think the screen was focused on Azusa opening the door??

as far as I remember.... the ones who are talking were Mugi,Ritsu and Mio.....

this are true Im not lying although I think I have to rewatch it to find that episode again....
Old 2010-05-13, 12:37   Link #72
kitten320

The only moments I remember with Azusa opening a door as main focus were... when they were thinking about new members and when Azusa was worried about her outburst day before...
Old 2010-05-13, 13:04   Link #73
yakumo-chan

sorry I kinda forgot..... But I really remember something that the girls are talking about boyfriends...
I dont if it was Mugi,Mio and Yui... or Mugi,Mio and Ritsu....

although that scene was not focused..... but the subtitles were still in there.... and it says "do you have a boyfriend today??" while laughing a little bit.....
Old 2010-05-13, 13:07   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Basically, the girls figure they have no hope of a boyfriend if *sensei* can't even get a boyfriend (she's always free on Christmas to party with them.... buys amulets at the shrine to pray for a mate, etc).
Old 2010-05-13, 13:12   Link #75
yakumo-chan

I would definitely be inlove with this anime if a guy ever courts one of the girls......

I only started to have a thought about this when ritsu had her love letter..
that really cracks me up..

for this to happen a guy should be also a musician too because this is a music anime after all.....

although this nonsense will never happen anyway....
Old 2010-05-13, 13:13   Link #76
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Dunno if anyone noticed, but I spotted a parent!

Spoiler for Shock!:

Last edited by TakuanInc.; 2010-05-13 at 13:29.
Old 2010-05-13, 13:21   Link #77
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Episodes like this are why I love K-ON! At times I had a big smile on my face.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2010-05-13, 13:28   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
Dunno if anyone noticed, but I noticed a parent!

Spoiler for Shock!:
Indirectly, it would also probably be a parent who took the lower right photo of both siblings.
The Yui/Ui parents are apparently very happy people who trust their daughter(s) implicitly (rofl).
Old 2010-05-13, 14:50   Link #79
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Indirectly, it would also probably be a parent who took the lower right photo of both siblings.
The Yui/Ui parents are apparently very happy people who trust their daughter(s) implicitly (rofl).
Yeah.....apparently they do.

NSFW

Old 2010-05-13, 14:56   Link #80
stubby42

Is it just me or are anime parents pretty lousy? Ui and Yui's parents are away constantly, I'm pretty sure if it were the real world Ui and Yui would of been taken away by child services by now, in the UK atleast theres a limit on how long you can leave a minor home alone before the goverment gets involved.

Clannad suffered from a similar problem, it has always annoyed me that Kotomi lived alone in her house after her parents died in a plane crash. This is despite the fact that she had a known legal gaurdian and the death of her parents were well publicised.

This leads me to one conclusion, Anime child services really sucks at their job.

Sorry, that has nothing to do with the episode which was quite frankly a disapointment, they tried to turn a 2 page joke into a 22 minute episode and it didnt work, k-on is at its best when it doesnt stick to the source material.
Closed Thread