AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 10:57   Link #1341
justpassingby

My connection is damn slow tonight, so I couldn't stream it properly. But

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Super Hero Time!
Marika did henshin :P
Spoiler:

Edit:
Mouretsu Pirates BGM from BD Vol 1 Part 1 Part 2

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-03-10 at 12:00.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 10:59   Link #1342
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Hey guys, haven't been here since last year. I have been following this series since it first aired, and I'm loving it. I can't really describe it, Winter 2012 has more series I look forward to than recent times, and really, Marika Pirates is what I've been looking for, Stargate personally means a lot to me, and when that series went off the air, I was crushed. I liked the space-faring stuff, and Marika Pirates is giving it to me in heaps. Normally I'd be a Jenny fan, but count me in the Chiaki fanclub, oh those glasses, the zzzzzzettai ryouiki, those eyes, ah, verbally abuse me, girl! Use that sharp tongue as you glare at me while you step on me with those legs

Man, I'd have jumped into this thread earlier, but after ep 01 aired, I was horrified to see almost 100 new posts for just that one ep Look what I missed, some nice pics in just the last page

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Hmm. Looking at them the day after, the colors on the Chiaki-chan one are really bad. Just too many frames to squeeze into 100k, and keep the colors sane.
I wanted to try my hand at it, and this is as far as I'd like to go:

Honestly though, I gotta say that wonderful scene should not be contained in 100KB
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 12:59   Link #1343
Midonin
Last Engage

Mobirates 10 - The Free Joker

That's a side of Kana Hanazawa I've never seen very often. I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few episodes, she's hesitant to give up Marika's spare pirate gear just because she likes it so much. The show needs more of those moments where people chew the scenery with reckless abandon. As for the rest of the episode, it continued doing what the show does well. It was set almost entirely aboard the ship, fighting an enemy who was rarely on screen at the same time as our heroines... and yet, it was pretty entertaining. I have no clue how close they are to the ghost ship, but it does figure they'd meet some opposition along the way. Not bad.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 13:20   Link #1344
00Coyote

Hehe, apparently, Pirate Captains have a magical girl transformation scenes these days.
Spoiler for episode 10:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 13:25   Link #1345
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum

Oh Chiaki,you can take everything you want,my gold,money,my heart,my soul,anything!

Seriously,I enjoyed the whole episode greatly but HanaKana stole the show with that scene and DAT LAUGH at the end.
Old 2012-03-10, 13:34   Link #1346
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I could see the SOS-dan playing this off for laughs in a parody.

While Harahi is a given, Yuki playing up the role would be golden. No one would take Mikuru seriously unless she started spraying beams all over the room.
Old 2012-03-10, 13:53   Link #1347
larethian

Episode 10 was a great episode, good enough for me to make a post. While the tactics weren't exactly awe-striking, the execution was nicely done. But why the transformation sparkle when Marika puts on her outfit?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 14:23   Link #1348
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

HanaKana sounds like she's channeling Rie Tanaka's Suigintou when she's playing Pirate Queen Chiaki playing Pirate Captain Marika.

I approve of this.

Old school Evil Laugh works well for this sort of thing.
Old 2012-03-10, 14:56   Link #1349
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

Oh Chiaki,you can take everything you want,my gold,money,my heart,my soul,anything!

Seriously,I enjoyed the whole episode greatly but HanaKana stole the show with that scene and DAT LAUGH at the end.

"Exactly as planned... ohohohoho..."

You know, I kind of wonder if her life on the Barbarossa might not make for a good spin-off series.
Old 2012-03-10, 15:18   Link #1350
ookamigirl

Looking for the ghost ship.
They sure were flying through some weird space.
Their company there was quite surprising though.
Good episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 15:26   Link #1351
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So....what did the passangers (and the watching crew) see? Chiaki was rather unreserved in her pose and actions. Foot up on the railing even as she's boasting.

I wonder if she learned that from her father, or if she's a natural?
Old 2012-03-10, 15:33   Link #1352
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So....what did the passangers (and the watching crew) see? Chiaki was rather unreserved in her pose and actions. Foot up on the railing even as she's boasting.

I wonder if she learned that from her father, or if she's a natural?
Probably nothing but shadows. The theatrical lights behind her, and the follow spots to either side will do amazing things with the shadows to keep some things left to the imagination.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 15:35   Link #1353
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Watching episode 10 made me realize something -- this show has tons of fan service, just not of the in your face sort we're used to nowadays. I commented before that the lone panty shot we got of Chiaki felt very old school in its delivery. Since then we haven't seen anything as blatant as that (hence the discussion about space skirt physics), but there's still plenty of service. The camera sure likes to linger on busts and crotches and the camera angles are chosen to emphasize that (very evident in some scenes this episode). And all those cute scenes with Chiaki in the pirate costume are pure service (of which I heartily approve).
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 16:02   Link #1354
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

Hell yeah! I couldn't have said it better myself. Woooooo!! Take everything!

Chiaki-chansama was having way too much fun impersonating Marika. Of course, she'll never admit to anybody she was having the time of her life, not even to herself (that scene was so adorable). She wouldn't be Chiaki if she did. I can already see it: after everything is settled, Marika will ask her if she enjoyed taking her place, and she will deny it while blushing.

The evil laugh was amazing. I had no idea Kana-chan could do it so well. I wonder if people will still claim she has no range after this.

/Chiaki fanboy mode

The rest episode was also very nice, and raised a few more questions: why is Serenity so desperately searching for the Ghost Ship behind the Princess' back? How come Gruier's biometrics and name could open a file created 2 years before her birth? (there's a very simple answer to that, so simple that's most likely not it).

The confidence Marika diplayed in this ep was both impressive and inspiring. She's finally settled in and become a true pirate captain. Ririka will be so proud~
Old 2012-03-10, 16:06   Link #1355
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Chiaki impersonating Marika was funny. Though i think i missed something. Why would Chiaki and her ship agree to impersonate Marika and the Bentenmaru when they were also after the ghost ship?
Old 2012-03-10, 16:21   Link #1356
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe the Pirates have a way to have it so if one finds it they both get paid, while one of them says behind to do other jobs...thus they get paided more than twice.

Also they are Privateers working for the same nation....so they are on the same side, and us it might be considered improper to try to shoot down your friends. Also we don't know much about Chiaki's father yet. We don't know if he and Marika's father were friends, or if instead Chiaki has him wrapped around her finger and she won't allow Marika to be harmed....wait.
Old 2012-03-10, 16:38   Link #1357
Nerroth
NePoi!

Perhaps the impersonation goes both ways; if the Barbarossa is impersonating the Bentenmaru (even going so far as to have Chiaki-chan cosplay as Marika), perhaps the Bentenmaru is hoping to be mistaken for the Barbarossa?

That could be part of why Marika was reluctant to communcate with the Serenity fleet; if they are expecting to run into the Barbarossa, there'd be no reason for them to assume that Gruier (or Marika, for that matter) would be on board; and if Marika wants to maintain the illusion, there'd be no rush to inform them otherwise.
Old 2012-03-10, 16:45   Link #1358
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Maybe the Pirates have a way to have it so if one finds it they both get paid, while one of them says behind to do other jobs...thus they get paided more than twice.
Or maybe Marika offered to split the spoils 50-50 with them. Let's not forget this expedition carried a lot of risks, the prospect of getting that much money simply by performing their "regular" job must be attractive. Then again, they are pirates, so I doubt danger bothers them...

Or perhaps Gruier simply offered them a better reward than whoever enlisted their assistance first did.
Old 2012-03-10, 17:10   Link #1359
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Can never get enough Chiaki-chan!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 18:59   Link #1360
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If Chiaki gets a spinoff, its not the first time a HanaKana character hijacked a series from the main character. I support this motion with monies!

And good that this episode came along, I was starting to run out of inspiration to write Traders!

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri