AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 17:44   Link #141
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
The Hidamari Sketch series have always been a little frustrating for me - I like the breezy (almost air-headed) "slice o' life" material being presented, but the quirky shaft style of art drives me up the wall personal taste wise.

And Honeycomb is no different (for me at least). Essentially it means that I usually can watch it but that it makes it difficult for me personally to get "into it". Ah well....
Old 2012-10-17, 01:46   Link #142
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Who drew the end card? The style looks familiar.
Second this.

The art style looks gorgeous, and familiar. I really want to know who draw it.
Old 2012-10-17, 02:05   Link #143
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The endcard artist for episode 2 is Kawai Makoto. Pixiv Page.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 02:11   Link #144
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
The Hidamari Sketch series have always been a little frustrating for me - I like the breezy (almost air-headed) "slice o' life" material being presented, but the quirky shaft style of art drives me up the wall personal taste wise.

And Honeycomb is no different (for me at least). Essentially it means that I usually can watch it but that it makes it difficult for me personally to get "into it". Ah well....
Well I'm sure you're not the only one. I've known few people who are allergic to Shaft being Shaft.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 11:15   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
The endcard artist for episode 2 is Kawai Makoto. Pixiv Page.
Thanks. Turns out I don't know her after all.
Old 2012-10-17, 22:06   Link #146
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

the first episode of season 4 this is the new opening and I love, and yuri .... there so for now I'm not disappointed haha
Old 2012-10-19, 04:32   Link #147
momizi
地獄少女

Hidamari is very relaxing anime. I love Yunocchi (Far from Yuno in Future Diary)
momizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 09:52   Link #148
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 03 - Yuno Takes a Rain Check

Everyone knows the place to be during a storm is Hiro's. After so many episodes with the six tenants spread apart, having them all grouped together in one place makes good creative sense. The scene panning around the room as they played cards was really well animated, and the creation of Yuno's character, Natsuyasumi Oawarou, continued to establish a facet of her character that I'm beginning to enjoy. Her sketchbook that she's working on outside of class, learning how to make art for herself, on her own terms.

The second story, with the earthquake drill, marked a nice return to the school environment. The principal rocks once again, with his self-raising podium. Hiro and Sae's silent communication was heartwarming, verily so. But my favorite moment was Miyako's makeshift handkerchief... by pulling out the shirt from beneath her uniform. The red cami-like part only is a nice look, there should be more fanart of the girls like that.

Since [group] leaves in the commercials for Dokidoki, I'm sort of becoming curious about other comics in there. The Gold Mosaic and Rabbit ones in particular. I know Yuyushiki is already getting an anime version, but I wonder if the others will at some point, too.

Last edited by Midonin; 2012-10-19 at 11:46. Reason: My mistake!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 11:22   Link #149
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Midonin, we're at episode 3 currently, not episode 4.

Apparently, common sense is still not Miyako's best friend. Food is, though. Funny how no one had anything to eat, except Hiro, and that they all expected that, and could eat at her place instead.

And Nazuna just had the worst luck. Having a Potty Emergency right in the midst of an evacuation. Good thing Nori helped her out of a jam. That whole scene gave me a feeling of deja vu, as if I've seen it (elsewhere) before.
Old 2012-10-19, 16:24   Link #150
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't get the garlic joke. Why was it so bad to eat some the day before they went back to school? Bad breath? It wouldn't last that long though...

It was really funny how everyone assembled in Hiro's room when they ran out of food. You'd think it was a restaurant. The second half of the episode was great as well. Nazuna is so cute. Miyako is as eccentric as ever (she took off her shirt without a worry in the world).
Old 2012-10-20, 05:55   Link #151
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't get the garlic joke. Why was it so bad to eat some the day before they went back to school? Bad breath? It wouldn't last that long though...
That probably depends on how much you eat. The food seemed to be pretty much laced with garlic, so I'm sure they could have had bad breath for quite some time, had they left it untreated.
Old 2012-10-20, 05:59   Link #152
Zeross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
That probably depends on how much you eat. The food seemed to be pretty much laced with garlic, so I'm sure they could have had bad breath for quite some time, had they left it untreated.
The thing is : the manga page for this joke is "superstition" and i don't see why.
Yenpress didnt had a translation note either
Old 2012-10-20, 14:26   Link #153
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Episode two was pretty ok, but three blew it out the park

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 19:50   Link #154
DorkingtonPugsly

I had fun watching this one. Lots of variation when it came to camera angles, art style, and animation.
It was nice having the rain back at Hidamarisou. I enjoy the show the most when it rains or snows in an episode, and they have to survive and do stuff indoors, all warm and cozy. I miss the episodes where it snows though, haven't had that in a while...
Old 2012-10-23, 09:22   Link #155
maximilianjenus
[E]

was miyako wearing a bra ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:48   Link #156
Ultimadrago

Is there a collection anywhere of all past Hidamari Sketch endcards?
(Did it only start with x365?)
Ultimadrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 15:51   Link #157
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Surprised that no has started talking about episode 4 yet.
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2012-10-26, 23:07   Link #158
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 04 - SynChonized Swimming

For watching consistency, I waited until tonight. But like any Hidamari, I'm always eager to talk about it. For a pool episode, there was a bit of the sexiness that's been popping up in this season, but it had the same natural, innocent feel as the rest of the series. Maybe not Yoshinoya and her pronounced boobs in that school swimsuit (wow), but when Class A won, Yuno dove right into Miyako's chest. Those two are great.

Another cute little moment was seeing Sae's wives get along surprisingly well with each other. If Natsume was a bit more honest, I think those three could make a big happy family unit. The running gag about the $100 camera was well played, and the "can" joke translated well enough into English, which is always a tricky thing when it has a visual element. Speaking of visual elements:

Yuno's evolution into an artist has been one of this show's central themes, and the way it was expressed in this episode was sweet. She can be a real shutterbug when given the chance - I can see her going into pencil art or photography in the future. And of course, the principal. The speed of a shark and the grace of a swan, which is easy when your head is shaped like a torpedo. That man has probably done things that would amaze us all.

Now, someone help me get the Heparize jingle out of my head.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 08:12   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That swimming competition was very fun. I figured right away that the swimsuit Yoshinoya had chosen was a sukumizu, there was no way she would wear a regular swimsuit. As usual, her chest is impressive, even more so when displayed in that resolution

The principal's demonstration was also stunning. I laughed so hard when he started his water ballet. That man never cease to amazed me.

The cutest moment of the episode had to be Natsume and Hiro cheering on their wife together. I really wish Natsume would get more screentime. Her appearances are always too short.
Old 2012-10-27, 11:28   Link #160
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Natsume...

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen