Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Spoiler for 28:
Spoiler for Hokuto's warning:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 08:17   Link #13266
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Scanlation finally out....

Great chapter. It really had me going to. Guess I was tricked as well.

I think the dark lord was the giant guy with the knives.

And wtf? Hokuto? Thought he was dead for sure. lol.
Old 2010-03-09, 08:42   Link #13267
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Spoiler for Hokuto's warning:
Anti-thesis underlings didn't have any depth to them either back then, it was not until Hokuto was introduced that this once faceless organization got a real soul. To me FT is like Anti-thesis 2.0 on a global scale so i could see the same happening to them, Hokuto's reappearance supports this although it's just speculation of course.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 09:02   Link #13268
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I'm half-expecting driver kun to jump out of a cake or something :P
So back to Hokuto...I THINK he's still evil, just on a different scale than Kiria, meaning that he might impede his plans in order to get Tsukune join his side. Still, a couple of lines ain't enough to make a solid theory.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:01   Link #13269
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I really laughed hard this chapter, poor Kurumu with the constant harassment lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:51   Link #13270
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Anti-thesis underlings didn't have any depth to them either back then, it was not until Hokuto was introduced that this once faceless organization got a real soul. To me FT is like Anti-thesis 2.0 on a global scale so i could see the same happening to them, Hokuto's reappearance supports this although it's just speculation of course.
Well Waven I kind of get the impression that they might be the final antagonists of this series, since like you said they operate globally, furthermore we still don't know much about Fairy Tale. I mean we only have learned about there goal, and have generally met some of their members, but still we don't know who leads them and how they are organized. Furthermore we still don't know how big their organization is, but considering that they are probably a global organization they probably have one main branch on every continent which control some sub branches as well.

It basically means that they are large enough to operate in every major country, which means that it will probably take time to destroy such a organization.

Of course it's merely speculation on my part but considering that so far we still don't know much about the Fairy Tale organization, furthermore so far we are only aware of two branches of this organization existing, out of which one has been already wiped out, I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Fairy Tale is the so called final boss of this series.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 14:28   Link #13271
Xagzan

Great chapter. Ikeda's really good at creating all these knots of tension and then with one quick revelation just swiftly unraveling the whole big knot. I got tricked too but was glad to breathe a sigh of relief after an intense chapter like that. Good stuff.

But poor poor Kurumu. Not only does Tsukune not hug her (come on guy, who wouldn't hug the cute shaking succubus next to them?) but then she gets groped, after being slimed and covered in blood. Or was it blood now?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 14:52   Link #13272
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Looking at the raws, I thought the chapter was going to be a little of a let down.

Now that the scans are out, the chapter was actually pretty good. A little filler-ish but there were more positives than negatives.

We learned more about the Wong family and Fong Fong's situation. Turns out Tsukune and Fong Fong have similar dreams. This kinda explains why he was adamant about having Tsukune join the Wong mafia - Fong Fong needed an ally against Fairy Tale, too. This makes me think that Fong Fong is going to be a regular starting now. He could also be a potential way out of the harem situation for Tsukune - Fong Fong could eventually pair with Kurumu or Mizore. But, this just pure speculation at best.

Another interesting thing is Fong Fong's parents - the whole Romeo and Juliet thing. Sounds a little like Tsukune and Moka's situation doesn't it? More foreshadowing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 14:55   Link #13273
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post

Another interesting thing is Fong Fong's parents - the whole Romeo and Juliet thing. Sounds a little like Tsukune and Moka's situation doesn't it? More foreshadowing?

I was thinking the same thing.
erm... no not really, there's nothing keeping Tsukune apart other than Tsukune being indecisive and Moka being Tsundere.
Old 2010-03-09, 15:02   Link #13274
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
erm... no not really, there's nothing keeping Tsukune apart other than Tsukune being indecisive and Moka being Tsundere.
I think he meant the whole "they come from different worlds so it'll be hard for them to live normally cause people won't understand" thing.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 15:07   Link #13275
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That's the present problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I think he meant the whole "they come from different worlds so it'll be hard for them to live normally cause people won't understand" thing.
And that would be the future problem, should the present one be solved (which it will, Inner x Tsukune x Outer FTW).
Old 2010-03-09, 15:08   Link #13276
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Heh...I guess I should have been clearer about that. I was thinking more along the lines of a societal issue. Human society wouldn't allow a human to be with a youkai and vice-versa.

Fong Fong was supposed to represent the coming together of the Wong and Miu families. Likewise, a Tsukune and Moka (or any one of the girls) pairing would bring humans and youkai together if they eventually have kids - going back to Jack Frost's premonition that Tsukune and Moka would change the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's the present problem.

And that would be the future problem, should the present one be solved (which it will, Inner x Tsukune x Outer FTW).
Yes, considering that the first condition still needs to be met. Although, I think that Tsukune will more than likely end up with a Moka with one merged personality at the end.
Old 2010-03-09, 15:15   Link #13277
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Heh...I guess I should have been clearer about that. I was thinking more along the lines of a societal issue. Human society wouldn't allow a human to be with a youkai and vice-versa.

Fong Fong was supposed to represent the coming together of the Wong and Miu families. Likewise, a Tsukune and Moka (or any one of the girls) pairing would bring humans and youkai together if they eventually have kids - going back to Jack Frost's premonition that Tsukune and Moka would change the world.

Yes, considering that the first condition still needs to be met. Although, I think that Tsukune will more than likely end up with a Moka with one personality at the end.
erm... Human's in general don't even know Yokai exists. And even though Tsukune is originally human, no one thinks he's human. He's already branded as a vampire for the most part.

Yokai having a family with humans isn't anything rare from what I gather. I'm more than certain that most yuki ona's have children with human males. Same with Succubus and witches. There are plenty of female yokai races that depends on the sperm of human males.

And having many live among humans as humans there's a high probability a relationship will form with a human.
Old 2010-03-09, 15:21   Link #13278
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
erm... Human's in general don't even know Yokai exists. And even though Tsukune is originally human, no one thinks he's human. He's already branded as a vampire for the most part.

Yokai having a family with humans isn't anything rare from what I gather. I'm more than certain that most yuki ona's have children with human males. Same with Succubus and witches. There are plenty of female yokai races that depends on the sperm of human males.

And having many live among humans as humans there's a high probability a relationship will form with a human.
I agree with everything but there would be problems if humans do eventually find out about the existence of youkai. There would be some who accept human/youkai relationships and others who would reject them.

But, I might just be getting ahead of myself here
Old 2010-03-09, 15:25   Link #13279
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I agree with everything but there would be problems if humans do eventually find out about the existence of youkai. I might just be getting ahead of myself here
of course there would be problems, that's what the whole Hokuto arc was about remember in S1?
Old 2010-03-09, 15:28   Link #13280
X207
Gamyūsa

i felt sorry for kurumu's luck in meeting monsters in ch28 though it was rather funny at times. it was a good ch aside from the 180 turn in the last few pages.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire