Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-10, 06:51   Link #61
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
In CP9 saga it was revealed that devil fruits have an aura around them that gives info about their uses.

What I meant was, it seems like this is the reason why BB wanted the Yami fruit so much in the first place.

It would be quite a coincidence if he dedicated himself to finding it without even knowing about this. I could be wrong though, or maybe he just guessed it might be able to absorb powers.
Old 2010-03-10, 07:41   Link #62
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
No it's not.

While bullets are ineffective on Luffy they still are inconvienient for him and maybe hurt him slightly. Sengoku was able to hurt him with a punch so imagine getting hit point-blank with an earthquake.
Actually bullets have been shown to not hurt him at all. They don't inconvenience him either, unless you mean hold him back very slightly.

I suspect sengoku's punch is some special df ability or is haki imbued. otherwise he would have real problems dealing with top tier logia pirates/opponents.
Old 2010-03-10, 08:09   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
If the Yami fruit is the reason BB can absorb multiple powers, it makes me wonder how he knew about it. Even the rest of the elite didn't seem to know it could do that.

Where did he get his info? Perhaps he is descended from a Darkness user?

It doesn't seem right to me that he could steal an intangibility power like Ace's. Then what would be the point of his supposed weakness that was such a big deal.
The power stealing probably works only when the user is dead, since the ability has nowhere to return to. And according to Marco, the reason BB is able to use multiple powers might be because his own body is abnormal, and not only thanks to the Darkness fruit.

That reminds me of the fact the BB pirates' Jolly Roger has three heads, and that Shanks' scar has three marks, I've always thought it was a hint to his power before his fruit was revealed in his fight against Ace. Maybe it's actually related to that abnormality Marco is talking about. He might have three stomachs allowing him to use three fruits or something
Old 2010-03-10, 08:52   Link #64
Homura7

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the scar Teach gave Shanks was due to some kind of zoan devil fruit.

His Jolly Rogerdepicts three skull heads:

-One for Logia
-One for Paramecia
-And the third one for...?
Old 2010-03-10, 09:43   Link #65
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the scar Teach gave Shanks was due to some kind of zoan devil fruit.

His Jolly Rogerdepicts three skull heads:

-One for Logia
-One for Paramecia
-And the third one for...?
BB didnt even have darkness devil fruit when he fought with Shanks.
Old 2010-03-10, 11:54   Link #66
ZeroForever

i think kurusu is implying that BB may have a 3rd zoan fruit which allowed him to scar Shanks in that weird manner before he ever got his Darkness fruit. It makes sense given what we've read if it really is just his body that allows this.
Old 2010-03-10, 12:18   Link #67
janipani

And now people forgot the supernovas ? suddenly

May I add "I told you so", this came up sooner than I thought.

One Piece really owns the two others I am not mentioning.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-03-10, 13:54   Link #68
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Luffy is almost instantly the premier choice for combating Blackbeard. His Haki will "neutralize" the Yami fruit, and Luffy's rubber body makes physical force attacks 99% ineffective. So, Oda has clearly set up Blackbeard as only being beaten by Luffy, which seems appropriate considering Luffy's track record in taking down Gods .
We can't discount the possibility that Blackbeard knows how to utilize haki as well. He commented on Luffy's haki back at Impel Down, saying that it has grown since their last encounter at Jaya Island. Added to that, he spent decades on Whitebeard's ship with several proficient haki users. That being said, he has a really good understanding of it and I'm willing to bet that he can use it also.

As for physical force attacks being 99% ineffective, I wouldn't go that far. Remember Lucci's "Roku Ougan" attack? He did it on Luffy 3 times, and Luffy got severely damaged in the process. Now just imagine what the quake ability would do to him.

Lastly, Blackbeard's darkness can shut down Luffy's rubber ability upon physical contact. Luffy would then be in a big world of hurt without his rubber defenses.

Basically, Luffy is going to go through hell trying to beat Blackbeard .
Old 2010-03-10, 14:48   Link #69
marvelB

So... the full chapter is out (though in LQ quality). It looks like Blackbeard doesn't cover Whitebeard in his own darkness but instead some black cloth, so that makes the question of how he was able to steal the quake fruit power an even bigger mystery. Interestingly enough, Shiryuu seemed to have some trepidation about Blackbeard's stunt, since he wonders if the crew will disband should Teach's grand plan prove unsuccessful. Y'know, part of me is starting to wonder if Blackbeard was able to steal Whitebeard's ability through a combination of a unique fruit ability AND body structure......

Anyway, there was some more interesting info revealed: We find out Whitebeard's age (turns out he was 72 years young....), that Jinbei had promised Ace during their confinement at Impel Down that he would take care of Luffy should something happen to big bro (which will undoubtedly cause people to believe that Jinbei will join Luffy's crew ), and once again, Buggy's followers were misled by their captain's antics (seeing as they thought his tears were out of respect for Whitebeard, rather than fear of him). Oh, and Rayleigh makes a brief appearance early in the chapter as he finds out about the shocking events taking place at Marineford....

So all in all, this is definitely an epic chapter. I can't even begin to imagine what will happen next......
Old 2010-03-10, 15:00   Link #70
karaya
Behind lies is truth

Wow this chapter was another great pwnage. Absolutely insane nice written plot twist.

Did not saw that one by long shot. This means BB can pwn WG now. Haaha poor bastards. Now they have something more than WB pirates and luffy pirates on their hands. New big threat was rising while they had their backs turned.

Hahaha BB looks like genius now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Spoiler for Blackbeard's Ultimate Plan:
I LOLed really hard. That was funny

Last edited by karaya; 2010-03-10 at 15:11.
Old 2010-03-10, 15:19   Link #71
ZeroForever

Personally I'm curious what BB did exactly to WB's body (it'll probably be a major plot point on it's weakness likely given how they hid it), personally though I'm leaning towards the Yami fruit having the ability to 'steal' the ability from WB body, while BB's body just being unique enough to handle 2 DF's given the dialogue.
Old 2010-03-10, 15:30   Link #72
Prestige

Chapter out at MS with high quality.

I thought this chapter would be medicioure based on spoilers but when I saw Rayleigh's face at page 1 with tears on his eyes when he sees his old enemy dying I knew that this was going to be great chapter instead.

Jinbei got some nice charecter development and I think he actually might join crew now when he is attached to Luffy and has promised to look after him, I want Hancock to join instead but Jinbei had his chances up.

Akainu erupted through self made Volcano and he is pissed. He really wants to see Luffy dead now but thanks to Jinbeis new resolution and Ivankovs powerful Hell wink Luffy was saved.

This arc wont be over so soon as we expected, Aokiji froze sea again, refusing to let pirates run out of the 'party'. I wonder what course Aokiji will make after this.

But afterall this was Blackbeards chapter, he has finally shown his true colors and achievied his master plan, having dominion over Yami-yami and Gura-gura he has emerged as perhaps the strongest invidual at entire world. With his new powers and his crew, few can hope to stand against his fury and his march to the Raftel.

I think that it was through unique properties of Yami-yami that he was able to absorb Gura-gura fruit in his body, his plan is very well executed and now we really know why he wanted to have Yami-yami fruit so desperatly. Blackbeard looks like an idiot but he really is a quite a mastermind, wicked and bastard on nature but he has ambition and plans like no other.

Oh I really smiled when I saw Marineford completely annihilated, destruction of Marineford will be huge PR defeat to the marines and WG. Now when Blackbeard has obtained power beyond imagination and Whitebeard dead and his legacy ended the race in New World will be going to be an insane.

Great chapter overall. One Piece just refuse to slow down and this arc is not ending but instead throwing a bigger gear in and getting ever more hectic.
Old 2010-03-10, 16:01   Link #73
seiji_kun

People were wondering how Luffy ever would be able to surpass WB after his display of strength but now we got BB who took WB's DF and has it combined with his already imba darkness fruit which makes him suddenly one of the strongest if not the strongest person in OP. The only thing he's missing now is that monstrous strength that WB displayed. The dissapearing of one monster led to the birth of an other. I wasn't sure that BB would surpass WB and Roger but with adding the gura gura DF it does look all of a sudden that he's in their league and that he'll be able to surpass him if he didn't already now.

So if BB can take in two DFs and it possible beeing a quality that some of the D's could pull of but never risked, can I hope that the strawhats will come across the regrowed mera mera no mi and Luffy will decide to take the risk of eating it since he doesn't want to see the DF Ace had in someone else's hands?

And I didn't find him showing up with those lvl 6 prisoners and landing the killing blow shocking enough like he boldly claimed in ID but taking over WB's DF and boldly claiming the new era, that'll do . Oda really never dissapoints, though I do want to see this arc get wrapped up asap just so we'll know what the deal is with that sentence of this beeing the last adventure of the 17 year old Luffy. Still think the time skip won't even be 3 months, especially not +years. Would be funny if those hormones that supposedly took 10 years of him just made him look physically a few years older. Like 3-4 cause Iva's prediction should be of like his 72 hours needing rest which didn't even take a day?
Old 2010-03-10, 16:27   Link #74
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

-Now that he has the powers of both the Yami Yami and Gura Gura fruits, Blackbeard considers himself to be invincible. He then declares war on the World Government, and says that the new age belongs to HIM, now......
Lol, that arrogant cowardly bastard thought he was invincible to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Basically, Luffy is going to go through hell trying to beat Blackbeard .
Until Luffy figures out how to hurt him, then Blackbeard will cry and beg for his life.
Old 2010-03-10, 17:05   Link #75
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So what Blackbeard did was not something he thought of alone. He shared with the rest of his crew too. Since he has prior knowledge on that one, and the possibility of having multiple abilities, the source becomes important. And, how in the world he was able to extract the ability from Whitebeard is another thing (I wonder if Oda has completely figured this out, or still thinking of the best way to make that happen).

Rayleigh's tears was a beautiful moment. At least we see what he is doing. That means, he is still waiting there, and Kizaru couldn't do much against him.

Also, I am sure WG would notice this, but the One Piece world seems to be separated regarding Whitebeard's death. There were some crying with joy, there were some showing shock and who knows what.
Old 2010-03-10, 17:09   Link #76
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Lol, that arrogant cowardly bastard thought he was invincible to begin with.

Until Luffy figures out how to hurt him, then Blackbeard will cry and beg for his life.
actually doesn't BB take damage before he can absorb/swallow whatever.
Even if BB somehow stop Luffy's DF(which I would think he would need to actually get a hold of him) Luffy could still throw a Gear 2nd or 3rd at BB and hurt him enough.
BB's DF I think pretty much rules over Logia types and probably many others but since Luffy relies on physical abilites boosted by his DF he should be able to hold is own somewhat(obviously not as he is now but when he's stronger).
Altho saying that only other DF I can think of dealing damage to BB would be Enel's, which in turn is bested by Luffy.
Old 2010-03-10, 17:51   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
that Jinbei had promised Ace during their confinement at Impel Down that he would take care of Luffy should something happen to big bro (which will undoubtedly cause people to believe that Jinbei will join Luffy's crew )
The scene with Jinbei and Ace shows more than a simple promise, he in fact didn't really promise anything to Ace, instead telling him he would only protect someone he's interested in/respects (like Whitebeard). That means he truly has taken a great liking to Luffy in this war, so yeah it does make me think Jinbei joining the crew isn't that crazy of an idea... at least not as much as Crocodile, Buggy or Hancock

I can't really see him join either, but if ANYONE in this arc has to, he's the most likely candidate by far.
Old 2010-03-10, 18:08   Link #78
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I think BB's body just allows 2 DF abilities which may be why he didn't absorb Ace's powers because there is a limit to the powers he can absorb.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-03-10, 19:01   Link #79
karaya
Behind lies is truth

Or because he wanted to give over Ace alive.

But I assume the later
Old 2010-03-10, 19:22   Link #80
longnose-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The scene with Jinbei and Ace shows more than a simple promise, he in fact didn't really promise anything to Ace, instead telling him he would only protect someone he's interested in/respects (like Whitebeard). That means he truly has taken a great liking to Luffy in this war, so yeah it does make me think Jinbei joining the crew isn't that crazy of an idea... at least not as much as Crocodile, Buggy or Hancock

I can't really see him join either, but if ANYONE in this arc has to, he's the most likely candidate by far.
Maybe Jimbei won't be the one to join, but he will travel to Fishland under the sea and meet up with his family and meet his soon (an underpowered version of himself. Then some crazy things happen (like always) and the son will join the crew to make sure the crew is safe.
Closed Thread