AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 11:07   Link #961
RedWing

So bad...so so bad. Thee were a few moments so ridiculously bad they were funny but man the anime industry knows how to pander to idiots like no one else.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 11:10   Link #962
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Why does it feel like I've watched this before, except it was better the first time?
Old 2011-04-15, 11:53   Link #963
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Aria FTW. Loli+tsudere+guns

so the guy gets horny then becomes an ultimate killing machine kind of thing? trying to protect the girl in front of him etc.
Old 2011-04-15, 12:01   Link #964
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Rie Kugimiya voicing a tsundere loli female lead. Said female lead living in male lead's house. Said female lead telling male lead to become her slave. Said female lead to have a food fetish next episode. HMMMMM WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS BEFORE?

I enjoyed the first episode for all the wrong reasons but I still enjoyed it.
Old 2011-04-15, 12:14   Link #965
Nvis
Where are the good animes

First episode didn't blow me away, but I guess I'll keep watching.

Also I am the first to put a Claim on Shirayuki.

*Walks away*
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:19   Link #966
Johnny
Working the bags...

Pretty much the same with the redo character that Rie Kugimiya plays over and over. Hell, they're doing another Scary Movie so nothing surprises me...

I wouldn't mind the same character type she plays if they actually changed it somewhat. I can already tell with the slave comment that she's going to treat that main guy like shit and he's going to lap it up like Saito, er I mean like a dog...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:20   Link #967
hoarfrost

So, just so that I have this straight: Ordinary high school boy who just wants to lead an ordinary life but somehow winded up in a school that trains mercenary teenagers with live ammunition to beat crime is targeted by a serial killer, saved by a loli who parachutes onto him from above, and then awakens a split personality (ostensibly through horniness) which has the desire and ability to protect all the girls around him.

Yup. This is about what I predicted it would be.

PS: God if there's one thing I hate more than listening to Kugumiya it's listening to Kugumiya early in the morning silence. Her mere presence throws the audio track's dynamic range into chaos. Does she think that we won't hear her if her voice doesn't resonate with the frequency of a wine glass?

On the plus side, protagonist guy is pretty cool. I don't blame him for being stuck in a silly show.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:25   Link #968
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

*Walks away*
Sorry to disappoint you but she's been claimed long before...
Old 2011-04-15, 12:32   Link #969
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Maybe you should actually read the thing (hell it's even fully translated up to vol 3) before making unguided comments....for one she doesn't need to hide the sword since they are in the equivalent of a training ground where everyone is OPENLY ARMED
I can see your a LN fan but that wont change my view of the first episode... I must be missing something where her katana about body length in width, you would expect to see where someone can hide that on their body.. I'm surprise if people can just be happy and accept what they see.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:43   Link #970
endarion88

am i the only one here that watch anime just for fun and not for point out every single defect in it?

(sorry for bad english)
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:49   Link #971
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Geezus so many Kugimiya whiners around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Has nothing to do with it. If anything making the heroin a loli sucks for whatever DFC fanservice. And this is obviously more along the lines of pedobear material considering the difference between Aria and the male protagonist, then anything DLC.
It has everything to do with it. It is simple a fanservice for loli lovers or DFC.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:56   Link #972
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Geezus so many Kugimiya whiners around there.
The more famous someone is, the more haters there are. Pretty normal.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:01   Link #973
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
That could be true although I don't see Nana Mizuki getting the same treatment... and do people complain about other VA base on their voices? I love to Kugimiya break out of her casting archtype more often.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:06   Link #974
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
and do people complain about other VA base on their voices? I love to Kugimiya break out of her casting archtype more often.
Isn't that how it is supposed to be? They would just be some stupid anti-Kugimiya if they hated on her just because it is her, but in this case, the people are complaining about her voice here.
When you see her in a different anime using a more "unique" voice, you don't see many complaints, right? That.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:08   Link #975
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Why does it feel like I've watched this before, except it was better the first time?
Totally ignoring that THAT is possibly a Kugiyama joke, must have been the manga (>.>). I started on chapter 2 when I first read it, so most of this episode's material is new, but somehow I wasn't impressed watching this as I was when I started the manga.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:16   Link #976
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That could be true although I don't see Nana Mizuki getting the same treatment... and do people complain about other VA base on their voices?
You don't see Nana Mizuki famous for an entire class of characters either.

And yes there are other VAs that take fire for their voice. That girl that voiced Maka from Soul Eater has it worse than Kugimiya.

Quote:
I love to Kugimiya break out of her casting archtype more often.
Why? Nobody ever remembers those role.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:17   Link #977
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Eh, not really. This is the first time I've ever really complained about a seiyuu being irritating. I've never complained about Mizuki Nana or HanaKana traps. I can even understand being typecast for the same role over and over. Hey, they've gotta find work too.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:19   Link #978
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Awesome Series. And Hooray for Kugimiya Rie once again!
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:32   Link #979
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

*Walks away*
*places hand over shoulder*

sorry, a few pages back before here, i already DID claim her

@Cosmic Eagle: I dont think the students are usually equipped with SMG's. A machine pistol is understandable, but SMG? probably not. though it is compact and small, it hinders the student in many ways.

only exceptions are the Snipe department and some elements of Assault and Logi class.

the standard a student can use is probably the 9mm. as far as this series goes, Aria is the only one using the .45ACP cartridge.

Kinji fits in my book using FiveseveN pistol.

well theres a big change in how Rie acts tho, I can say that much. unlike in the Shana, Louise and Taiga violent moments, she really did change. but as far as the voice goes, it actually fits her, really.

i wont go hate and all that rant because a new upstart is trying to reach the big four in the anime and manga community, but i have to agree some of the scenes just went dry, but im gonna wait for episode 2 to drop the hammer.... popularity wise, this will probably spike up somewhere in the middle (this is 12 eps, right?)
Old 2011-04-15, 13:38   Link #980
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

3 series, I don't remember J.C.Staff taking on so many at once. But then I'm not all about what studio's made what. >.>

Anyway, when I first saw this anime on the season chart I marked it down as a must watch right away, glad to see I wasn't wrong.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere