AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 07:13   Link #3941
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
After Angel Beats ended, are there any infos, news or rumours about, what Key will do next?
Anime wise not yet to my knowledge, but game wise I believe there next projects are/were Kud Wafter[Little Busters Spin off], and Rewrite, I might be missing something though.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 05:49   Link #3942
Solafighter
Hige

Thank you, Konakaga.
Old 2010-07-08, 15:27   Link #3943
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Can somebody please translate "Tsuioku no Gensou" real quick for me? I was sure it means "Illusions of Memory", but someone claims that's wrong. :O
Old 2010-07-09, 13:40   Link #3944
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Question : How do I make condensed milk from normal milk? I tried boiling it with lots of sugar and ended up with crystallised milk.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 16:57   Link #3945
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Question : How do I make condensed milk from normal milk? I tried boiling it with lots of sugar and ended up with crystallised milk.
You don't use normal milk, it is always powdered milk
used with sugar, margarine/butter, boiling water and vanilla essence
Stir and let it cool in the fridge

http://www.ehow.com/how_4903555_make...nsed-milk.html

I've never heard of anyone using normal milk before >: normal milks makes it a lot harder that is old school method and not easy

edit: just to clear up why they use powdered
The way you did it was to make icecream, well sort of and that is why they use powdered milk, boiling water does not crystallize

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2010-07-10 at 08:29.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 05:00   Link #3946
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Can somebody please translate "Tsuioku no Gensou" real quick for me? I was sure it means "Illusions of Memory", but someone claims that's wrong. :O
From wikipedia

Case Closed: The Mirapolis Investigation, known in Japan as Meitantei Conan: Tsuioku no Gensou (MIRAAJU) (名探偵コナン 追憶の幻想 (ミラージュ) ?, Detective Conan: Fantasy Revisited

So i guess that's the one xD
Old 2010-07-10, 11:45   Link #3947
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^Oh ok, thanks. Japanese seems weird. Combine two words and you get something completely random which sometimes doesn't have anything to do with the two words themselves. xD
Old 2010-07-11, 01:36   Link #3948
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Have anyone here ever purchased merchandise from Otaku Mitsukai successfully before? I'm asking because the complete collection of Gurren Lagann has FINALLY been released as of July 6th; however, it's sold out at all the major online shopping sites I usually use (Best Buy, Amazon, Right Stuf, etc.). It's available at OM and while it looks like a legit site, I've never used it so I'm wary.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-07-11 at 01:58.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:50   Link #3949
Kudryavka

I've got all six of the Star Wars movies. I'm thinking about watching IV first, since it's the first in real time. I want to get the same experience that the fans who've been watching it from the 1970s to now had, but I wonder if they felt slightly trolled. Which would maximize my experience and give me the best handle on the story - watching IV to VI then I to III, or watching I chronologically to VI?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:58   Link #3950
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I've got all six of the Star Wars movies. I'm thinking about watching IV first, since it's the first in real time. I want to get the same experience that the fans who've been watching it from the 1970s to now had, but I wonder if they felt slightly trolled. Which would maximize my experience and give me the best handle on the story - watching IV to VI then I to III, or watching I chronologically to VI?
Assuming you know nothing about it, then it's definitely better to watch IV to VI then I to III for various reasons.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 04:11   Link #3951
Kudryavka

Hm, I know absolutely nothing about Star Wars, except the various memes that have been adopted into mainstream pop culture that everyone knows, of course. I think I'll watch IV first, then rewatch IV to VI after III (I have a lot of time on my hands ). Thanks, guys.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-07-14 at 05:34.
Old 2010-07-12, 04:00   Link #3952
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Hello, silly question, is there a thread where someone helps you with the title of a series if you can only recall certain details? found.

Last edited by MikaMiaka; 2010-07-12 at 04:36.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 04:52   Link #3953
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Hello, silly question, is there a thread where someone helps you with the title of a series if you can only recall certain details? found.
Good job, and thank you for taking the initiative.
Old 2010-07-12, 07:08   Link #3954
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Weird question

Why people enjoying laughing, even when its already in extreme case where make stomach aching or make eyes red.

There any research for this ?
Old 2010-07-12, 08:04   Link #3955
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Laughter is part of the universal human vocabulary. All members of the human species understand it. Unlike English or French or Swahili, we don’t have to learn to speak it. We’re born with the capacity to laugh.

One of the remarkable things about laughter is that it occurs unconsciously. You don’t decide to do it. While we can consciously inhibit it, we don’t consciously produce laughter. That’s why it’s very hard to laugh on command or to fake laughter. (Don’t take my word for it: Ask a friend to laugh on the spot.)

Laughter provides powerful, uncensored insights into our unconscious. It simply bubbles up from within us in certain situations.

Very little is known about the specific brain mechanisms responsible for laughter. But we do know that laughter is triggered by many sensations and thoughts, and that it activates many parts of the body.

When we laugh, we alter our facial expressions and make sounds. During exuberant laughter, the muscles of the arms, legs and trunk are involved. Laughter also requires modification in our pattern of breathing.

We also know that laughter is a message that we send to other people. We know this because we rarely laugh when we are alone (we laugh to ourselves even less than we talk to ourselves).

Laughter is social and contagious. We laugh at the sound of laughter itself. That’s why the Tickle Me Elmo doll is such a success — it makes us laugh and smile.

The first laughter appears at about 3.5 to 4 months of age, long before we’re able to speak. Laughter, like crying, is a way for a preverbal infant to interact with the mother and other caregivers.

Contrary to folk wisdom, most laughter is not about humor; it is about relationships between people. To find out when and why people laugh, I and several undergraduate research assistants went to local malls and city sidewalks and recorded what happened just before people laughed. Over a 10-year period, we studied over 2,000 cases of naturally occurring laughter.

We found that most laughter does not follow jokes. People laugh after a variety of statements such as “Hey John, where ya been?” “Here comes Mary,” “How did you do on the test?” and “Do you have a rubber band?”. These certainly aren’t jokes.

We don’t decide to laugh at these moments. Our brain makes the decision for us. These curious “ha ha ha’s” are bits of social glue that bond relationships.

Curiously, laughter seldom interrupts the sentence structure of speech. It punctuates speech. We only laugh during pauses when we would cough or breathe.
You may read the technical details in the rest of the article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3077386/...ience-science/
Old 2010-07-12, 16:35   Link #3956
Anime Queen

Anime Theme Songs

I've noticed that there are many anime theme songs which have little snippets of English in them. Examples are Gantz and Hell Girl. I've often wondered the purpose of the English part? For me the English parts takes me out of the song. I'd rather the songs just be completely Japanese.
Anime Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:47   Link #3957
Metropolisforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Queen View Post
I've noticed that there are many anime theme songs which have little snippets of English in them. Examples are Gantz and Hell Girl. I've often wondered the purpose of the English part? For me the English parts takes me out of the song. I'd rather the songs just be completely Japanese.
The same reason Japanese products often have English writing on them.
Old 2010-07-12, 17:00   Link #3958
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Queen View Post
As such, this has nothing to do with anime really.

The reason is the same as any other language that "borrow" foreign words and phrases, it's because it's considered cool or hip. English (or maybe more correctly, American culture) is considered in vogue in Japan, this extends to including English words in songs (not just anime related music) as well as clothing (such as T-shirts) with English (or even Engrish) text.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 17:04   Link #3959
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And this is why studying Japanese Culture is a Good Idea if one wants to be a fan of Japanese culture products. The Internet awaits...
Old 2010-07-12, 18:18   Link #3960
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
As such, this has nothing to do with anime really.

The reason is the same as any other language that "borrow" foreign words and phrases, it's because it's considered cool or hip. English (or maybe more correctly, American culture) is considered in vogue in Japan, this extends to including English words in songs (not just anime related music) as well as clothing (such as T-shirts) with English (or even Engrish) text.
There was a recent survey in Japan on what people considered to be cool. The surprising #1 result was to 'have a conversation in English.' Probably an element of class and in-crowd to it, I guess. Still, as my friend who is going to Japan for the 2nd time at the end of the year would attest, knowing how to speak Japanese definitely helps and counters the 'gaijin' factor.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious