AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 7 15.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 31.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 28.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-04, 11:44   Link #201
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I mean, it seems that they'll always encounter a damsel-in-distress at every turn, as if such damsels are like mushrooms growing on the roadside.
That is certainly an interesting... and amusing... analogy.
Old 2007-06-04, 12:09   Link #202
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

For some reason, I do think it as a most apt description .

Btw, while re-watching #10 on nicovideo, this comment caught my attention:

"Maybe he was in the same unit as Tia's brother?" (well, something like that.)

This was directed to Vice, and while it might be a random thought, I feel it might have some truth in it. Maybe Vice isn't really hitting on Tia, but is more like looking after her. Perhaps the way her own brother would have looked out for her.

Of course, judging from Vice's big-brotherly attitude to everyone in RF 6 (including Hayate herself), this might be something that he would naturally do. But here's to a thought nonetheless.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-06-04, 12:42   Link #203
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
For some reason, I do think it as a most apt description .

This was directed to Vice, and while it might be a random thought, I feel it might have some truth in it. Maybe Vice isn't really hitting on Tia, but is more like looking after her. Perhaps the way her own brother would have looked out for her.

Of course, judging from Vice's big-brotherly attitude to everyone in RF 6 (including Hayate herself), this might be something that he would naturally do. But here's to a thought nonetheless.
Could be an interesting development, though I have no idea why he'd keep that a secret.
Old 2007-06-04, 12:46   Link #204
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well well either that or hes just playing the onii chan role trying to smooth talk all the girls i know just what fate chan would say...

fate chan : "talking is fine but do anything extra youre gonna get it"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-04, 13:00   Link #205
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Quote:

Yeah, I thought so too. But as you commented, he might just be the "big brother" kind of character, so there might be nothing else in it other than a nice guy looking out for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well well either that or hes just playing the onii chan role trying to smooth talk all the girls i know just what fate chan would say...

fate chan : "talking is fine but do anything extra youre gonna get it"
Picture related.

Old 2007-06-04, 16:47   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nah, the evils that come to be when your nation is ruled by fossiles...
Nobody lives forever...

... Right?

Quote:
Anyway, my theory is that Erio is supposed to be the knight in shining white armor... well, shining white barrier jacket, perhaps. Anyway, didn't Carol call him that when she was using the Twin Boost spell in #6?
"This (My) young lance-wielding Knight"

Well his not really a knight just yet... But by "Loli" standards, he's pretty much Lancelot already

Quote:
And based on medival literature (not very exciting but they tend to trigger wild imaginations, especially if you know the real history about the period they're written in), such knights are supposed to be women magnets. I mean, it seems that they'll always encounter a damsel-in-distress at every turn, as if such damsels are like mushrooms growing on the roadside.

So as such a knight, it's not strange that Erio have such luck with women, lovely ladies at that too.
I wonder what else does the "Fate" project do for him...

Quote:

Which department was Vice from again?
Old 2007-06-04, 17:52   Link #207
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Copyright thingy

Nono, I don't think that has anything to do with it...
Then why the artists havent done much NSFW Caro yet? Elio must be good enough to protect her from danger along with other lolis.
Old 2007-06-04, 19:37   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Then why the artists havent done much NSFW Caro yet? Elio must be good enough to protect her from danger along with other lolis.

OOkkkaayyy.....
Old 2007-06-04, 20:37   Link #209
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow compared to previous weeks things are moving slow. I guess lacking something controversial like the past couple episodes does lead to less violent discussion. But fine that the discussion is more relaxed and positive in comparison.

Noticed from the preview that Erio wasn't taking care of the loli any more. Maybe Caro didn't like him spending so much time with another girl so she 'took over' and he was to hold onto the relic.
Old 2007-06-04, 20:56   Link #210
Aaron008R

With all these speculations about Vice being from the same department as Teana's brother, I wonder if he was also a combat mage. He DID say that Teana's skill was enough to make him jealous.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-04, 20:59   Link #211
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Which department was Vice from again?
MidChilda Capitol Aeronautical Squad, 2nd Transport Section

From the official site.

I can see him becoming a last-minute mage due to personnel shortfalls after this foreshadowing...more male awesomeness?
Old 2007-06-04, 21:07   Link #212
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
With all these speculations about Vice being from the same department as Teana's brother, I wonder if he was also a combat mage. He DID say that Teana's skill was enough to make him jealous.
IIRC, Wasn't there a mention here that Vice was a former mage?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-04, 21:35   Link #213
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I dunno... I lost some words in translation during the Vice Tea talk, but it doesn't seem to blatantly outright mention him being a mage. Seems to imply he was one, yes but hell if my hearing can be trusted.

If he is one, it brings up the question of how good is he as one...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-04, 22:21   Link #214
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I dunno... I lost some words in translation during the Vice Tea talk, but it doesn't seem to blatantly outright mention him being a mage. Seems to imply he was one, yes but hell if my hearing can be trusted.

If he is one, it brings up the question of how good is he as one...
Yes there was, Teana mentioned whether he had mage experience, and his reply was essentially positive.

To quote him, 'Well, I started out my career as an armed member(a la grunt) so I can at least give rookies some pointers.'
And also he was talking about how Teana had gotten more receptive and flexible during training

Man he doesn't know how to spell death, he's still implying that he's looking at them?
Old 2007-06-04, 22:24   Link #215
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Something about Velka style summons and boosts, Rein as a unison device can link up with others as work as a power manager. The way I see this is that she not only increases their magic strength by can actively concentrate where it's needed. Hazard a guess that Lutecia's bugs being Velka based work on the same principle. They link up with the larger drones and concentrate one aspect of their combat power [speed, harder shields, ect].

MC boosts add to the power of an object by channeling more energy. It's slower to cast because of the ceremonial spell, works on a single unit in exchange of additional layers of power.

Velka adds and focuses the existing energies in an existing system. In essense a mass boost to a group that works immediately, though weakening other aspects is just speculation.

Now the image of Rein as miniboss is cute in a fairy sort of way, imagine the girl sitting on mini-Fred as a dragonrider to boost his Blast Flare
Old 2007-06-04, 22:58   Link #216
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Something about Velka style summons and boosts, Rein as a unison device can link up with others as work as a power manager. The way I see this is that she not only increases their magic strength by can actively concentrate where it's needed. Hazard a guess that Lutecia's bugs being Velka based work on the same principle. They link up with the larger drones and concentrate one aspect of their combat power [speed, harder shields, ect].

MC boosts add to the power of an object by channeling more energy. It's slower to cast because of the ceremonial spell, works on a single unit in exchange of additional layers of power.

Velka adds and focuses the existing energies in an existing system. In essense a mass boost to a group that works immediately, though weakening other aspects is just speculation.

Now the image of Rein as miniboss is cute in a fairy sort of way, imagine the girl sitting on mini-Fred as a dragonrider to boost his Blast Flare
While on this topic I wonder if Rein can only link up with those with a direct connection with YnS. This seems likely given they in theory should be more "compatible". However I do note that there is no metion of Zafila.... everyone is seems to forget the poor dog
Old 2007-06-04, 23:11   Link #217
Ottocycle

More random tidbits...

Uno mentions that all the type 1 drones that were seeking out the 2 relics were destroyed.

I wonder this is a hint of the blonde's power. Drones come, crack open life support pod, girl comes out and smashes them all instinctively while lugging 2 heavy Relic boxes.

Regarding the above discussion, could it be that she merges with the devices consciousness? It might explain the lack of Zafila since he doesn't have a device.
Old 2007-06-04, 23:34   Link #218
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow compared to previous weeks things are moving slow. I guess lacking something controversial like the past couple episodes does lead to less violent discussion. But fine that the discussion is more relaxed and positive in comparison.
I don't know whether to be thankful or disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Noticed from the preview that Erio wasn't taking care of the loli any more. Maybe Caro didn't like him spending so much time with another girl so she 'took over' and he was to hold onto the relic.
Nah, he probably just left her in the case of TSAB personnels... Most likely he would visit her later...

Won't that be a treat

Hmmm, I should spend more time on this Erio = "Loli distress sensor" business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Nah, it could be something as simple as a 'commoner' being envious of a mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
MidChilda Capitol Aeronautical Squad, 2nd Transport Section

From the official site.
"Transport Section"

Doesn't sound like something a mage would be doing...

Quote:
I can see him becoming a last-minute mage due to personnel shortfalls after this foreshadowing...more male awesomeness?
Remember the last part of the air battle in "Indepence Day" ?

Quote:
To quote him, 'Well, I started out my career as an armed member(a la grunt) so I can at least give rookies some pointers.'
And also he was talking about how Teana had gotten more receptive and flexible during training

Man he doesn't know how to spell death, he's still implying that he's looking at them?
An armed member? That might be around A rank...

Slip of the tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
While on this topic I wonder if Rein can only link up with those with a direct connection with YnS. This seems likely given they in theory should be more "compatible". However I do note that there is no metion of Zafila.... everyone is seems to forget the poor dog
I don't know... Maybe he has a habit of hiding under tables ?

Quote:
More random tidbits...

Uno mentions that all the type 1 drones that were seeking out the 2 relics were destroyed.

I wonder this is a hint of the blonde's power. Drones come, crack open life support pod, girl comes out and smashes them all instinctively while lugging 2 heavy Relic boxes.
Maybe she smashes them WITH the two heavy Relic boxes

Quote:
Regarding the above discussion, could it be that she merges with the devices consciousness? It might explain the lack of Zafila since he doesn't have a device.
And it would be extremely awkward.
Old 2007-06-04, 23:39   Link #219
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Or maybe it is that Rein can only Unison with girls so people won't get ..............interesting and suggestive ideas? *looks accusingly at boys >.>*
Old 2007-06-04, 23:44   Link #220
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Or maybe it is that Rein can only Unison with girls so people won't get ..............interesting and suggestive ideas? *looks accusingly at boys >.>*

Doggy-style.
Closed Thread