AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-19, 04:23   Link #4981
superD
ぷ い ぷ い !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
1. Why do the Saegusa twins knew about Tatsuya, especially thay Shippou the freshman?

2. Why is Mayumi lingering around the campus? ( I understand if she accompanies her sisters but she was caught talking to Tatsuya by the short-haired Saegusa.)

3. Am I seeing Tatsuya correctly; he's wearing a course 1 uniform? ( I thought it's impossible you know)
You really have to read the spoiler for ninendo c1-5, you're missing a lot.
Old 2013-06-19, 05:20   Link #4982
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
If that was true, then Regrowth could also reset memories, but Isori and Kirihara both remembered being shot even though the state of their bodies were reset to the time before they were shot.

There is clearly a spiritual side to magic.
I think Tatsuya can "exclude" part of a target from being affected with the changes because it wouldn't make sense that Regrowth just happens to be so convient by itself not to affect the brain.
Old 2013-06-19, 05:41   Link #4983
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
but doesn't million edge just sound better.
I'm not saying the name should change, I'm saying Flere's, the author's or the translator's may be wrong (or I miscalculated somewhere).
Old 2013-06-19, 06:10   Link #4984
vadvadindabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I think Tatsuya can "exclude" part of a target from being affected with the changes because it wouldn't make sense that Regrowth just happens to be so convient by itself not to affect the brain.
Since this is something I think the author has yet to clarify we can't be sure. It would make more sense (seeing as they retain their memory) but it would be much more complicated to use since restoring only a single part of the body could end up with mismatches on a molecular scale (if you heal the entire leg of someone, the cells just above the healed leg wouldn't fit exactly on the healed cells I believe, since some time has passed even if it is just a few seconds), I'm no doctor so I don't know if the effects of this could be bad (or if that would even happen) but to me this doesn't seem like a good idea to use it like that.
Most likely the author just hasn't thought about the memory problem yet.

When Tatsuya used regrowth on Isori and Kirihara the blood also vanished from their clothes since he made it so the injury never happened and when he fought together with the 101st not only do they no longer have blood on their armor but the holes in their armor are also gone:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 7 Chapter 13
There was no sign of injury on their bodies, nor were there bloodstains on their equipment. Not only that, there weren't even holes in their armor.
The blood disappearing is something that I understand (since it is part of the body he used regrowth on) but the holes shouldn't disappear except if he also used regrowth on their armor, right? Or did the fact that the injury never happened also affects the other bodies that were influenced by the injury. If the hole is there because of an injury and Tatsuya makes it so the injury never happened the hole disappears since there is no longer a cause for the holes. That would make some sense but going into all these details is starting to get complicated.
Old 2013-06-19, 06:42   Link #4985
Myh

U know what regrowth reminds me of? (i might be saying something really stupid here but it occured to me :P ) and since its not related im gonna spoil a bit of a movie here, in Tron legacy theres a part where quorra loses an arm and flynn "accesses" her "data" since they are in a digital world and can be considered data, and simply fixes de damaged portion of the data thus restoring her arm without any other sort of side effects...mind u u could switch "eidos" for "data" and it scaringly similar from my point of view..
And thats my five cents :P, like i said i might be saying something really stupid but honest to god that was the first thing it ocured to me as soon as i read about regrowth
Old 2013-06-19, 07:08   Link #4986
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadvadindabad View Post
Since this is something I think the author has yet to clarify we can't be sure. It would make more sense (seeing as they retain their memory) but it would be much more complicated to use since restoring only a single part of the body could end up with mismatches on a molecular scale (if you heal the entire leg of someone, the cells just above the healed leg wouldn't fit exactly on the healed cells I believe, since some time has passed even if it is just a few seconds), I'm no doctor so I don't know if the effects of this could be bad (or if that would even happen) but to me this doesn't seem like a good idea to use it like that.
Most likely the author just hasn't thought about the memory problem yet.

When Tatsuya used regrowth on Isori and Kirihara the blood also vanished from their clothes since he made it so the injury never happened and when he fought together with the 101st not only do they no longer have blood on their armor but the holes in their armor are also gone:

The blood disappearing is something that I understand (since it is part of the body he used regrowth on) but the holes shouldn't disappear except if he also used regrowth on their armor, right? Or did the fact that the injury never happened also affects the other bodies that were influenced by the injury. If the hole is there because of an injury and Tatsuya makes it so the injury never happened the hole disappears since there is no longer a cause for the holes. That would make some sense but going into all these details is starting to get complicated.

Well in the 2nd volume or when he fought against Lina he was able to use Disintegration on only a single part of his targets so while it's a very difficult thing to do it seems Tatsuya is able to perform it, I don't know about if the body will be mismatched with the brain if he is using it with regrowth though.

As for the armor being repaired too, tbh the concept of "single target" that the author made is really weird and hard to understand.
The explanation is that Tatsuya can't use his magic on more than a single information body. but really what is that exactly ? as you just said he was able to heal both the armor and the human as if they were one and sometimes when he uses Mist Dispersion on things like tanks or big vehicules, these things were once just parts so what does just attaching things to each other makes them a single information body ?
Old 2013-06-19, 07:21   Link #4987
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
If that was true, then Regrowth could also reset memories, but Isori and Kirihara both remembered being shot even though the state of their bodies were reset to the time before they were shot.

There is clearly a spiritual side to magic.
ehh really ? regrowth can reset memories ?

cool he can make everyone forget about his secret so there is no risk in revealing it.
Old 2013-06-19, 08:41   Link #4988
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
ehh really ? regrowth can reset memories ?

cool he can make everyone forget about his secret so there is no risk in revealing it.
nope, he can't because if he could reset memories, then Tatsuya already revolt the Yotsuba and the military don't have to put such heavy restriction on him either.

About matter of Regrowth, even if you restore brain cells, the memory doesn't neccessary follow, why? because when you perceive information, your brain have to encode the infomation into form that can be stored in your brain, the problem lies in how the brain encode the infomation and how it stored, there are so many pattern and the encoding process is vary, thus rendering memories almost impossible to reproduce even if you managed to restore the physical states. The primary example is people who is living a vegetable-like life, among them, there exist case where the physical body is completely recover and there is no problem with the brain but still incapble of exhibit any sign of communication or rememberance, much similar to permanent amnesia, where some patient have recovered their brain cell but still cannot remember.
Old 2013-06-19, 11:28   Link #4989
Oxide

Hmmm first of all mahoka is really interesting because it sells people good lies. Not perfect ones but really good ones that makes whole thing plausible and a good lie is one that consist of great deal of truth ...

I'm to lazy to talk about details but whole concept of regrowth really resembles Schrödinger's cat experiment ... which have explanation in quantum physics ... as for memories i'm not sure novel neatly use gray areas of science (especialy in areas covering psychology) but Miyuki remembers she was dying and was brought back to life by Tatsuya, this is her reason for her commitment.

Last edited by Oxide; 2013-06-19 at 11:41.
Old 2013-06-19, 18:52   Link #4990
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for reply to calculation:
Spoiler for reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
I think it's dangerous for him to do something like that. Magic con do anything miraculous but there are things that magic can't grant.

Well I'm not sure how to explain such complicated magic that can maintain your youth. But I do think that there 's a limit to it.

Spoiler for Questions for Ninendo arc:
It's all in previous Ninendo spoilers; Though I guess someone do need to go through the thread and collect all the posts ^^;
Spoiler for Answers:
Old 2013-06-19, 22:02   Link #4991
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
nope, he can't because if he could reset memories, then Tatsuya already revolt the Yotsuba and the military don't have to put such heavy restriction on him either.

About matter of Regrowth, even if you restore brain cells, the memory doesn't neccessary follow, why? because when you perceive information, your brain have to encode the infomation into form that can be stored in your brain, the problem lies in how the brain encode the infomation and how it stored, there are so many pattern and the encoding process is vary, thus rendering memories almost impossible to reproduce even if you managed to restore the physical states. The primary example is people who is living a vegetable-like life, among them, there exist case where the physical body is completely recover and there is no problem with the brain but still incapble of exhibit any sign of communication or rememberance, much similar to permanent amnesia, where some patient have recovered their brain cell but still cannot remember.
Now that I think about. Couldn't his Regrowth be used offensively in certain circumstances? For instance, restore a person's body to a previous state of injury? It could work as long as the healed injuries were less than a day old.
Old 2013-06-19, 23:35   Link #4992
NoLife222

Spoiler for Regrowth hypothesis::
Old 2013-06-20, 00:13   Link #4993
hakazee

from volume 2

Quote:
Mayumi's Saegusa Family always boasted a large number of talented Magicians, whereas the Yotsuba Family possessed one of the strongest Magicians in the modern era. The "Demon Lord of the Far East", the "Midnight Queen", Yotsuba Maya was the current head of house, which caused both families to be acknowledged as the twin aces of the Ten Master Clans.
I don't understand why the author stated Maya as one of the strongest.
if we recall the fight with tatsuya in volume 8, she lost in seconds.

don't make sense at all if she's the strongest. or maybe because she's not a strategic magician ? if Maya fight with Lina, i think Maya will lost in seconds too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
Spoiler for Regrowth hypothesis::
actually he doesn't need to Sleep because he can use regrowth.
Old 2013-06-20, 00:20   Link #4994
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
from volume 2

don't make sense at all if she's the strongest. or maybe because she's not a strategic magician ? if Maya fight with Lina, i think Maya will lost in seconds too.

actually he doesn't need to Sleep because he can use regrowth.
Maya is one of the strongest, not the strongest.

and she is fighting tats afterall. Her magic does not work against him. I dont think lina can win against maya unless she can do something about maya's light speed magic.
Old 2013-06-20, 00:20   Link #4995
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
from volume 2

Because Maya is one of the strongest. That designation is given to her, not self proclaimed. Her magic was explained in volume 8 and it is more or less an unstoppable 1 vs 1 magic. It just so happens that Tatsuya's magic is the perfect counter to Maya's magic.

She's not a strategic class, which is a designation reserved for magicians who can activate unique, large scale magics. The strongest title here is probably referring to 1 vs 1 combat in which case Maya is probably worthy of the title.

Doubtful. Lina would probably be hopeless in front of Maya. The strength of Maya's magic is its raw speed and skewering effect.
Old 2013-06-20, 00:50   Link #4996
Seitsuki
Onee!

Don't forget it's been shown that Tatsuya can read activation sequences and blow them away before they're even cast. Maya still got hers off, meaning she's actually faster than Tatsuya.
Old 2013-06-20, 01:32   Link #4997
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Don't forget it's been shown that Tatsuya can read activation sequences and blow them away before they're even cast. Maya still got hers off, meaning she's actually faster than Tatsuya.
that or he merely allowed her to cast her magic and destroy it afterwards.
Old 2013-06-20, 01:35   Link #4998
Jirachier

I'm not so sure that Maya will still be faster even if the seal on his power is released(yeah we don't know what exactly happens when the seal is removed but my guess is the overall stats of tatsuya and miyuki reach their full capacity).
The author was very specific in saying that the reason Tatsuya can defeat Maya is because of his decomposition magic that can erase hers and not because he can survive her hit with regrowth and counter attack, if that was the case then he would've mentionned Regrowth as the key to Tatsuya's victory over Maya.

And I don't think Lina stands a chance against Maya, she's only "weak" against Tatsuya and very powerful agains any other opponent and she couldn't even beat Tatsuya with the seal on his powers active and him not trying to kill her
Old 2013-06-20, 01:38   Link #4999
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Not necessarily. Tatsuya has to actively be looking with Elemental Sight to get the early read on a magic, and the faster magicians take only a small fraction of a second to cast(as seen with Miyuki). Tatsuya is fast but he isn't a precog. He had to analyze the magic before even casting his counter too.
Old 2013-06-20, 01:40   Link #5000
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Not necessarily. Tatsuya has to actively be looking with Elemental Sight to get the early read on a magic, and the faster magicians take only a small fraction of a second to cast(as seen with Miyuki). Tatsuya is fast but he isn't a precog.
Using Elemental Sight gets harder only when the target is far away and he has to actually search for it, if it's right in front of him I think it's just as easy as using his eyes(LIKE SHARINGAN)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings