4 out of 10: Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10: Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10: Painful 8 6.25%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-11, 19:03   Link #101
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Well the first thing I am going to say is that Sumeragi's bust are freaking huge! Aside that overall I thought it was good episode, new character Ali, who I thought was Patrick, is a nice addition, since we now have someone who's connected to Setsuna's past. Poor Patrick, who now have become nothing more then a joke as a pilot and will probably get owned over and over. And the damn AUE seems to be doing something now and the story is finally seem to be picking up. Also Dynames with his new shield looks so awesome reminds me little bit of Deathscythe Hell Custom.
Old 2007-11-11, 19:04   Link #102
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

Menclave released 6 @ http://www.mymenclave.com
Old 2007-11-11, 20:05   Link #103
Alice16uy
Alice16uy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
I don't understand...?????where are the similarities??????
I have to second that. I don't see the similarities either.
Alice16uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 20:11   Link #104
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
I think the similarities are more circumstantial than anything else. Although the sniper support was well picked out, except I don't think Lockon is a perv....

stylistically the two series are very different. FMP had a more varied balance, while Gundam is still very orientated towards the politics/relations/action side of things and less the comedy
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 20:15   Link #105
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
I think the similarities are more circumstantial than anything else. Although the sniper support was well picked out, except I don't think Lockon is a perv....
Maybe there's a reason they leave Lockon on Earth all the time....to keep him away from Sumeragi.
Old 2007-11-11, 20:27   Link #106
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the Conclave-Mendoi sub of Episode 6.

When Sumeragi's puppies are by far the most interesting parts of the entire episode, you know you've got a problem there.

6 out of 10.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 20:45   Link #107
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScR3WiEuS View Post
Menclave released 6 @ http://www.mymenclave.com
Didn't you get fired?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 21:19   Link #108
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Couldn't help but laughed when Graham noted, "Looks like we have no choice but to back off this time and leave it to the AEU's ace"

Though this episode really shows where the AEU stands with the Union and HRL. Not only are they falling behind space elevator's development but also in colony development and so forth. The fact they have to rely on private military contractors shows the kind of situation they are in.

The way the AEU leaders discussed their plans, I'm thinking the Union and HRL work in the same way (All member nations in a union) but instead of having several leaders each has a de facto leader at the top that pretty much holds the power.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 22:04   Link #109
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

In the preview, did Exia lose its left arm? I can't really tell...
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 22:10   Link #110
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
He used a Tieren High Mobility Type, probably the fastest of the Tieren units, so he wasn't that far behind the others.
but still quite slower than Union Flag from the settings, and Sergei's maneuver really showed his skill and experience, which none other pilot in this show has shown so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Seems pretty much FMP vibes out of this. FMP plus Gundam Wing all together, Allelujah being Agito from Air Gear. This show is becomming a bit of a De Ja Vu, predictable and nothing with "wow" at the moment.

Spoiler for bull exia:
It's super robot anime, so cutting open cloud in the sky is nothing surprising. Be prepared when Exia cuts open a mountain next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I guess I'm the only one not seeing FMP everywhere I look in this series. There's no Chidori type, no Lamda Driver, the captain is nothing like Tessa and any other comparisons are superficial to barely tangible at best.

Further FMP isn't the only thing in history to ever have two people who fought in the past to come back to fight again later down the line. In fact it's a pretty common element in war dramas. To me Ali is more comparably to Haman Khan's role in Zeta Gundam then to Gauron, and I bet they end up not even sharing the same personalities either. He and Setsuna probably shared a bond in the past that was broken, and a ghost from Setsuna's past (much like Haman was one from Char's) has returned to observe him, whether he knows it yet or not.

The only thing I see, that I think was probably just a casting coincidence is that Shinichiro Miki is playing Lockon Stratos, a sniper. Shinichiro Miki is also a member of Weiss, which has a long standing history of having it's members end up in Gundam series. Usually it's Takehito Koyasu, but I think he's taking a break this year or something.

Anyway, I'm sure if people go trying to find comparsions between 00 and FMP then they'll probably find loose links to their number 23, but it'll be just that, a loose link that will likely get even looser as the show progresses.
Yea, unless they make Sousuke go "I am AS" or make Ali tell Setsuna "I want to make love to your cute ass", I don't think there's much similarity between the two shows

As far as I see, Setsuna and Sousuke are completely two different types of character, Sousuke is a well-disciplined soldier who treats AS as mere weapons and actually feels uneasy when his weapon goes a bit unpredictable, while Setsuna looks to be all over his precious Gundam already Sousuke would be more like Sergei, who will not hesitate to sacrifice an arm of his AS to get tactical advantage, while Setsuna goes mad when anyone else touches his precious Exia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
From randomc.animeblogger.net:
In Japan, Saji brings Setsuna some food because his sister had cooked too much, but Setsuna is on his way out, so he doesn’t take it. As he’s walking away, Setsuna comments on the space station misfortune, and Saji admits that he didn’t think that Celestial Being would save them. Setsuna quietly says that he didn’t think so either but Saji doesn’t know what he really means.

Setsuna is pretty mean......and I love it *__________________*
I'm actually mildly and pleasantly surprised that the HRL didn't do some media blockade, seems they have publicly acknowledged it's the CB that saved the people in the accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
In the preview, did Exia lose its left arm? I can't really tell...
Exia didn't lose any arm in the preview, it's just the arm becomes distorted due to the direction of view.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 00:08   Link #111
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
It's super robot anime, so cutting open cloud in the sky is nothing surprising. Be prepared when Exia cuts open a mountain next time
Ok,next time Dynames can shoot mercury down,Virtue can blow up the sun and Kryios can warp speed into alien galaxies, because they all look small down below.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 00:18   Link #112
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

First thing I noticed is a drastic decrease in animation quality, but thats a common practice in lengthy productions.

I am told our 'queen' is Middle-Eastern, although she appears to be anything but. She looks like a stereotypical Chinese character, and she has that Japanese fashion sense, which made her look like a Japanese department store elevator operator.

And whats up with the lack of VTOL?! Isn't this supposed to be 2xxx <--(insert very large number here)?

Then we have Mr. Beauty-boy here dishing out Freedom Rainbow Gun 1/2? Heh~

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2007-11-12 at 00:33.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 00:18   Link #113
Vicious108

LOL @ Sumeragi. Definitely the apropriate way to dress for a high stakes mission. Silly fanservice this early... *sigh*

Setsuna has no personality, all he does is mutter one-word sentences about everything he comes across. "Gundam...", "Exia...", "Celestial Being..." I thought he'd be interesting at first because of "I am Gundam" and "Don't touch me" but now he's just dull.

And who the hell was that blonde guy with some other guy that showed up for like 5 seconds? This series way waaay too many characters. They should start killing some.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 00:20   Link #114
WhiteWings

Well, most likely Setsuna will change as the series goes on and how much he changes and how he changes will be one of the interesting developments in the series. No way the producers will let him be exactly the same til the end.

As for the mercenary ace... I'm assuming he's there to take the role of the rather pathetic ace of the AEU.
Old 2007-11-12, 00:53   Link #115
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
I got the impression that the rapid slash from the knife would've created a small vacuum; it wouldn't displace enough air to cause those clouds to dissipate, but hey, throw in some nonsense about GN particles and we're good to go.
Old 2007-11-12, 01:07   Link #116
Bocca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And who the hell was that blonde guy with some other guy that showed up for like 5 seconds? This series way waaay too many characters. They should start killing some.
Uhh, that blonde guy was in the first episode or something........

Ali >= Graham in terms of coolness. I wonder who's the better pilot?

Last edited by Bocca; 2007-11-12 at 01:18.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:31   Link #117
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Ali.

Aside from Sergei, he's the only other pilot that was able to score any hit or damage on Exia in their first engagement.

Ali literally had Exia on the run.

Plus, this guy is a mercenary whose probably fought all of his life so he's right up there with Sergei in experience.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 02:16   Link #118
4Tran

Hmm... It's hard to figure out how what to say about this episode. It predictably followed the same structure as the previous episodes and nothing particularly interesting happened. Still, a few interesting bits of background information came up, and for the first time, we saw a scene with decent (maybe even good) dialogue. Onto the points:

- The show is still in exposition mode. I don't imagine that it will make a transition to plot development until Marina meets up with Setsuna. This probably won't happen any time soon, so it'll be a while before we get to the point.
- The AEU seems to be a much looser federation than the other blocs. Its government is made up of representatives of individual nations who will still look to their own priorities ahead of those of the AEU itself. I'm curious as to what countries are represented by the council - it's almost certain that France is one of them, and I'd imagine the others are rest of the European members of the G8.
- It's confirmed that the AEU is behind the other power blocs in space development and other technological areas.
- I'm rather surprised that we still don't really know anything about Celestial Being - the longer this drags on the more difficult it's going to be to dig out of writing-wise.
- On the face of it, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason to the intervention in Moralia. Joint military exercises are nothing out of the ordinary, and the AEU-Moralia one doesn't seem to be particularly large.
- Sumeragi knows Billy - this is the closest that we've gotten to learning stuff about Celestial Being. Even when they travel to Liu Mei's hideout, we still don't know anything: who's the leader, or are their chains of command totally different?
- The thing with people-looking-at-a-TV-screen-while-saying-"profound"-things rears its ugly head again.
- The ability of GN particles to disrupt communications seems to be highly inconsistent.
- Patrick is Gundam 00's version of Mashymre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I guess I'm the only one not seeing FMP everywhere I look in this series. There's no Chidori type, no Lamda Driver, the captain is nothing like Tessa and any other comparisons are superficial to barely tangible at best.
I feel the same way. The only things that are more than vaguely similar is that both protagonists came from the Middle-East/Central Asia, and that both protagonist organizations are non-governmental military outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumara
Eh, I'm not bothered by women in power, but the Captain's breasts are just.. wow. I mean, is it wrong when she came on the screen, all my attention went to her? Not that I'm that shallow of a guy D: It's just.. I don't know why. Seems like they did it on purpose.
They did, but I had the opposite reaction - it sort of reminded me of the reason why I dumped Divergence Eve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion
Also Dynames with his new shield looks so awesome reminds me little bit of Deathscythe Hell Custom.
I feel quite differently about the upgrade. Dynames is definitely my favorite of the Gundams, but I feel that the new equipment is gimmicky enough that it diminshes its better qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Ick. Please don't jinx it.
Old 2007-11-12, 02:31   Link #119
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Ok,next time Dynames can shoot mercury down,Virtue can blow up the sun and Kryios can warp speed into alien galaxies, because they all look small down below.
huh? when does it have anything to do with "look small down below"? Did the anime say that Setsuna cuts open the clouds BECAUSE they "look small down below"? Nope, the show never said anything like that, actually, as far as the show goes, it looks like that cloud is quite large, that's why Setsuna cutting it open makes the show really super robot, maybe next time Setsuna can have a duel with Sanger Zombolt and... um, Fate Testarossa?

On another note, Gurren Lagann did have some fun alien galaxies throwing action, but that surely doesn't have anything to do with "because they all look small down below"
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 02:58   Link #120
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
huh? when does it have anything to do with "look small down below"? Did the anime say that Setsuna cuts open the clouds BECAUSE they "look small down below"? Nope, the show never said anything like that, actually, as far as the show goes, it looks like that cloud is quite large, that's why Setsuna cutting it open makes the show really super robot, maybe next time Setsuna can have a duel with Sanger Zombolt and... um, Fate Testarossa?

On another note, Gurren Lagann did have some fun alien galaxies throwing action, but that surely doesn't have anything to do with "because they all look small down below"
Like Gundam was realistic to begin with.......... The new type thing, contact with spirits, beam funnels are all pretty unrealistic. Seriously, I don't understand why people are complaining about realism when it's a gundam show. Is it because of the politics in the show that is causing all the backlashes about realism?

Yea, Exia's can spread clouds, Dyname's cannon can shoot from ground to space, so what? It's an anime, it's fiction and it's a gundam show