AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 18:24   Link #241
Razziell22

I thought it was a good first episode.
Opening was nice, and I loved the ending theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Hmm from what I read from the manga so far I still prefer Zero over kaname. I don't know kaname is just bleh...
Me too^^... I like Zero more than Kaname.
Old 2008-04-10, 18:33   Link #242
Tworble

I'm a Kaname fan myself. I like Zero in the Manga but so far in the anime he's blah. Can't wait to see more .
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:33   Link #243
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Yeah, I also prefer Zero. I hope they dont screw up with him, ep 1 already had some things changed (his neck, his neck!), so I dont want they to make changes, like, making him MORE emo or something like that.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:52   Link #244
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I love that so far most of us have used the word "blah/bleh" to describe the character we dont like I get why though. Sadly with VK most of the characters are pretty one-dimensional so "blah/bleh" is a good representation. Mostly I preferred Kaname orginally cuz of this dark haired bishie fetish I cant seem to shake. I did like Zero in the beginning but then...yeah...not as much anymore.

Headmaster is love!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 19:29   Link #245
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I watch the first episode just because I like the seiyuus in it, and I fall in love with this series. Nice series, pretty interesting characters and a good start. I like the OP, kinda catchy. I also end up reading quite a few chapters of the manga because of this, so this series will be 26 episode? I wonder if it will follow the manga story later on or will enter its own arc and conclusion since the manga is not completed yet...

And Zero looks like a young Dante to me
Old 2008-04-10, 19:54   Link #246
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
Same here, for some reason I've always preferred Zero over Kaname. I guess that's because the first impression I got of Kaname in the first couple of chapters was that he had some huge hidden agenda.

I'm actually wondering who is more popular, Kaname or Zero? I read the manga but I don't remember ever seeing any popularity/character polls.
For me it was because Kaname seemed too much like the perfect prince charming type that is always the main subject of interest in shoujo mangas. Emo guys like zero are a lot more interesting IMO.... then again I always preferred Kyo over Yuki in Fruits Basket too **shrugs**

Last edited by andromeda0201; 2008-04-10 at 20:19.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:29   Link #247
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Didn't we both want the same pairing in kimikiss...unless in reality you are a kai fan, DUN,DUN,DUN!
I thought you were a Kai fan lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
I'm actually wondering who is more popular, Kaname or Zero? I read the manga but I don't remember ever seeing any popularity/character polls.
I haven't seen any polls but the impression I get from manga readers and now anime viewers is that it's Zero. Anyone got a poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
For me it was because Kaname seemed too much like the perfect prince charming type that is always the main subject of interest in shoujo mangas. Emo guys like zero are a lot more interesting IMO.... then again I always preferred Kyo over Yuki in Fruits Basket too **shrugs**
Yeah I also preferred Kyo over Yuki in Fruits Basket.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:37   Link #248
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I thought you were a Kai fan lol.....

Take that back!

....I prefered yuki over kyo thank god they found a girl for him who IMO is way better then tohru....
....Hmm Zero can have yuki, and kaname can...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:38   Link #249
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

*delurks*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I haven't seen any polls but the impression I get from manga readers and now anime viewers is that it's Zero. Anyone got a poll?
According to this french site, LaLa (shojo magazine?) had several polls and it seems Kaname's more popular, but the ZeroxYuuki pairing is prefered.

...and I'm a Kai fan
Old 2008-04-10, 23:11   Link #250
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

It may seem like Kaname harbours an ulterior motive but then who in VK doesn't? Zero agrees to be part of this school in order to find a weakness in the creatures he hates so he can destroy them. Headmaster Cross has a few cards up his sleeve, it seems. And the list goes on. All this we see in the first episode.

The question is not that Kaname has an ulterior motive but what that motive is? The impression I get is that Kaname seems to be carrying an immense responsibility, which his entire race seems to be held in the balance.

Is it just me or do characters like Kaname usually get the short end of the stick?

By the way, Kaname means 'vital point' and it seems that Yuuki 'holds the key'. 8D

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 23:59   Link #251
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the point of kaname being at the school is to keep the peace and to press the blood pills.

but the story gets MUCH more juicy after certain things happen. it makes me wonder if the anime will get there.

i'm a kaname fan myself. though zero has definitely grown on me. cause in terms of power, kaname could just kill everyone if he wanted to, but doesn't.

and am i the only one who find the blood sucking sorta kinky...
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 02:42   Link #252
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yuki fan here as well, in furuba. I really detest Kyo's character archetype (the 'bad boy' with a heart of gold, already seen way too many of those in western books/TV), so that's just my bias speaking lol.

As for here, it's way too early to tell for me. Right now, they're basically the same character for me as either of them are very protective of Yuuki. But if there's one I find more interesting at this moment, it would be Zero because of his internal conflict. But I'm sure Kaname would have one of his own in the future, considering he's the leader of the vampires and he's trying to get close to a human. Romeo and Juliet anyone?

But Skyfall makes an excellent point... what if Yuuki isn't really a human? But too much speculation for me this late at night to think properly, maybe in the next episode or so lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 04:15   Link #253
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

Nope Which is why so many fangirls like vampires

With Miyano Mamoru as Zero he'll probably grow on me, like I said I already prefer anime!zero over manga!zero. But Ill always like Kaname more, now I just have to share him with Sage XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 04:17   Link #254
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Having watched episode 1 of Vampire Knight, I think this is the first vampire anime I have ever though was well done. Finally vampires that are both bestial and charming. Intensely romantic and intensely cruel. Quite frankly the show is intense enough that it really does need comedy moments to keep it from becoming too dark. I loved episode 1, so I just hope the rest lives up to the beginning.

I've been disappointed by many anime with vampires in the past. Tsukihime just skipped over everything interesting because there wasn't enough time in 12 episodes. Hellsing is just horror-action where Alucard is only a monster that happens to be named vampire. Master Mosquiton was mere comedy silliness without anything that makes vampires fascinating. Black Blood Brothers was just Bleach with fangs. The less said about Blood+ the better. The depressing list of disapointments goes on. I hope I'll finally have a good vampire anime that I can proudly recommend to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Oh my goodness. I think you've just discovered the whole point of watching real vampires!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 04:59   Link #255
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

..remind me to not do this again, as it took more time than i expected. Anyway - freebie

Old 2008-04-11, 06:36   Link #256
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
..remind me to not do this again, as it took more time than i expected. Anyway - freebie

And I am already using one from the same scene TT_TT

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 06:42   Link #257
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

And i would dare to say the two avatars are notably different, even if the same scene is used as basis. Your's is animated (on that matter, i would suggest some tweening to connect the last and first frames )while mine is static but with added "fancy" effect. Moving on ..
Old 2008-04-11, 07:44   Link #258
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW
Having watched episode 1 of Vampire Knight, I think this is the first vampire anime I have ever though was well done. Finally vampires that are both bestial and charming. Intensely romantic and intensely cruel.
Yep, that about sums up what I feel about this series, apart from the fact that they did great in showing as to why the vampires want to bite Yuuki in the first place... mmmm.... lovely neck.... but that's just me. lol

I count 3 mods liking this, and probably following the series. Sub-forum please? It most probably won't ever reach the post counts of Code Geass (in fact, it might suffer the same fate of Asatte no Houko), but Shoujo needs some love too!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 07:56   Link #259
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Nope Which is why so many fangirls like vampires
Yea i think the fansgirls will go nuts over this, its not the attraction to vampires is a old thing. Let us guys not forget there are a couple of very cute Vampire girls in the series too, they can have my blood anyday.

Skyfall you seem to be in rare form today
Old 2008-04-11, 08:06   Link #260
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I count 3 mods liking this, and probably following the series. Sub-forum please? It most probably won't ever reach the post counts of Code Geass (in fact, it might suffer the same fate of Asatte no Houko), but Shoujo needs some love too!
Unfortunately, us liking the series is not enough. If we would create subforums based on our preferences, i suspect there would be a lot of (inactive) subforums for series that don't have one at the moment. That doesn't mean VK doesn't have a chance at subforum, just some general rumbling from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Skyfall you seem to be in rare form today
Hum ..thank you ? (would you care to elaborate ? )