AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-31, 04:55   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Claymore Chapter 87

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 87.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Old 2008-12-31, 05:08   Link #2
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Fake Spoilers !!! GIMME Fake Spoilers !!!
Old 2008-12-31, 05:17   Link #3
Cyclone
Transient Guest

no need for fake spoilers the chinese version is out already.

Summary:
There are at least 6 'demons', they look like claymores with their eyes and mouths stiched up and not wearing very much at all. They find Ditrich but ignore her.
Meanwhile Helen is fighting Isley. She's doing alright too - gets a few good hits in. Deneve heals herself and joins her, but the heal lost her cloak. She offers to stay behind while Helen escapes, but Helen drops her cloak too and they ready for a fight, Meanwhile the 'demons' make it to town and the chapter ends.
Old 2008-12-31, 06:54   Link #4
Helen's Apple
Please Helen, no teeth...

Send a message via AIM to Helen's Apple
My mistress must never be underestimated! ^_^
Old 2008-12-31, 06:56   Link #5
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Holy Jesus.
It's the "Nigth of the Undead" all over again.
Miria stays in the North for seven years and THIS is what happens

Helen is kicking some ass.
I like the idea that she survives but have in mind that Isley was probraly distracted by those things (he was attacked by behind" and he is in human-form. If they are strong enough to do this, why didn0t they killed Riful? Helen said that Isley was stronger than her
(Yes, I'm Isley-fan but I prefer Helen everyday of the week so if I had to chose, go Helen kill him quikly)

I notice that those things have a haircut similar to Isley's and Miria's haircut except one who looks like Flora

So, they could be clones or the Organization have crossed Isley and Miria's genes.
They are probrably failed experiments I think

I wonded if this is the end of the line for Isley or Priscilla will appear to save him

Yagi-san its the best
Old 2008-12-31, 07:02   Link #6
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I don't think that isley is necessarily stronger than riful because riful likes to mask her yoki.
Helen even thought that riful had to be "saved" from rachel and audrey
So who is superior will probably stay undecided.

By the way
can anyone pm me the link for the chinese version please
Old 2008-12-31, 07:16   Link #7
MisterJB
Warden of the West

that's true but if Helen and a half-dead Deneve could do that to Isley, then Clare, Miria, Helen and a healthy Deneve could kill Riful

I'm not saying I want them to die but it seem a bit odd yhat in 86, Helen's leg failed just because Isley was near them and now she can do him as much damage as Priscilla.

I think this just proves Yagi's point : "Even the migthiest can be killed by a surprise strike"
Agatha was almost killed by humans
Old 2008-12-31, 07:25   Link #8
Newhope

We can't really tell yet if the ghosts are strong enough to take on an Abyssal, if the zombies have been after Isley for a while and if they have been hounding him relentlessly what helen faced could just be a shadow of his full power.

Last edited by Newhope; 2008-12-31 at 08:00.
Old 2008-12-31, 07:33   Link #9
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Anyone else interested in exactly how those Zombies fight? I mean they don't seem to have any weapons. Their outfits don't leave much place to hide any either (mmm... necrophilia...). The little they do wear seem to be sewed directly onto them too.

Looks like they must use youma style tentacles or something. Perhaps a full AB transformation or something.
Old 2008-12-31, 07:38   Link #10
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Ok people. the raw is out and I have something to ask:

When the heck did Helen and Deneve got that strong. They completely destroyed Isley.
Is it possible that when Miata said that 2 amongst the Gosths were really strong, she was talking about Helen and Deneve?

Also, we have to thank Isley for that cut on Deneve, we will be getting a nice view in future chapters
Old 2008-12-31, 07:40   Link #11
Newhope

They could be the next step up from the twins controllable ABs.
Old 2008-12-31, 07:43   Link #12
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Ok people. the raw is out and I have something to ask:

When the heck did Helen and Deneve got that strong. They completely destroyed Isley.
Is it possible that when Miata said that 2 amongst the Gosths were really strong, she was talking about Helen and Deneve?

Also, we have to thank Isley for that cut on Deneve, we will be getting a nice view in future chapters
Nah the 2 strong ghosts are Claire and Miria, Helen and Deneve more or less told us it was those 2 in the last chapter.

Plus in chapter 83 Yuma started to realize just how strong she's become and the other ghosts may not have realized yet just how strong they are yet.

Last edited by Newhope; 2008-12-31 at 07:59.
Old 2008-12-31, 07:57   Link #13
Mandrake

whats the estimated time of arrival of the new chapter? I mean, whats it usual schedule of the manga itself
Old 2008-12-31, 08:22   Link #14
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

It seems like something is seriously wrong with Isley. Hopefully the translated text will have some more information. It looks like Helen is thinking something, but I don't know what. Sure Helen's Go Go Gadget Giga Drill is powerful, but Isley has a top speed that surpasses Rigardo... I don't think Helen and Deneve are faster than him unless they are somehow faster than Miria's new Phantoms (which are slower than her old ones which barely kept up with Rigardo). Maybe Isley is suffering from a broken heart as both his apprentice and his pet monster left him. Sort of like Beast in Disney's Beauty and the Beast when Gaston confronts him.

I want to know what is going on with Isley. He's in tatters, seems paranoid of warriors without youki, and he's getting injured. Of course, Riful also has had swords stuck through her head and giggled it off, but Isley seems to be in pain here. Deitrich pulled Helen away from an attack by the last AB, and Isley is king of AB's.

Also interesting to note that the demon-zombie-gogo dancers still try to look through their eyes even though they are sewn shut. Weird. They seem to be pretty tall, but then again Deitrich seems to be a bit on the petite side. And this has to be the shortest Claymore chapter ever. I guess with the new year and all someone deserves a vacation, but still.
Old 2008-12-31, 08:33   Link #15
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

there's no way helen and deneve could defeat isley... he's just distracted by those things approaching the town. if he were serious, it would've been over already. u.u
Old 2008-12-31, 08:54   Link #16
MisterJB
Warden of the West

with each passing chapter I like Dietrich more and more. Let's hope she stays until the very end.

Riful let herself be cut by Audrey and Rachel to see if they were strong enough to help her, maybe this is what Isley is doing, he is letting Helen cut him to see if she is strong enough to help him figth against those claymore-symbiote-zombie-ALien-things
Who, altough they mouths are shut, can still droll, that should indicate that they can eat
Old 2008-12-31, 08:57   Link #17
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Did no one wonder about the saliva which got out of the mouth of the zombieclaymore?
Perhaps those strange claymores like to eat awakened beings?
Or is it just because of the humans in the town who are the preffered meal.
The latter would explain why many towns were decimated.
But why do they have their mouths and eyes sealed?
Again a great chapter, thank you mister yagi!
Old 2008-12-31, 09:13   Link #18
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Okay, did anyone call Zombie Claymore Strippers for what the demon would be? Anyone? Cause I sure did not. Course this raises a lot of questions too. Anyways the most ironic thing would be if Helen and Deneve do have to team up with Isley.
Old 2008-12-31, 09:51   Link #19
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
that's true but if Helen and a half-dead Deneve could do that to Isley, then Clare, Miria, Helen and a healthy Deneve could kill Riful

I'm not saying I want them to die but it seem a bit odd yhat in 86, Helen's leg failed just because Isley was near them and now she can do him as much damage as Priscilla.

I think this just proves Yagi's point : "Even the migthiest can be killed by a surprise strike"
Agatha was almost killed by humans
Isley is in human form; there is no telling how much of a power up he'll have after shifting.
Old 2008-12-31, 10:03   Link #20
Sci-Fi

Looks like Helen, Deneve, and Isley are in deep do-do and may have to team up to escape. Those zombies look hungry. Can't believe Isley became that weak unless his fight with Luciella damaged him that much (although that would explain why the AO's used to avoid fighting each other in the past and why Isley suddenly stopped fighting Prissy).
Closed Thread