AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-07-29, 06:21   Link #10101
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsoftheDragonix View Post
On a different topic, I'm the only one that start to thinking that we might see Akame trump card in her fight with Wave? (if someone do not interrupt them)

Yeah, I remember what Lubbock said, but I do think that there is a chance for this to happening.
The chance is pretty high. Maybe Akame will repeatly try to cut Wave, then he will use his armor to deflect her sword, making her stab herself.
Old 2015-07-29, 06:31   Link #10102
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The point is, in the anime, the power-level of Budou’s little attacks to Mein is ambiguous. So, we can’t say something is outright BS when we don’t have a good measurement of it.
Maybe. Though it should be noted in the original work Budou never once hit Mine with either of his lightning attacks, and his ultimate blast collisioned with hers. In the end is just as B214 said, Budou got too reckless.

Certainly a many times more acceptable outcome than what the anime showed us. Both have dumb moments, I'll agree with that, but this is pretty much every manga in existence, not just AGK. Perfection doesn't exist and we should already know that better.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-29, 06:51   Link #10103
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Certainly a many times more acceptable outcome than what the anime showed us. Both have dumb moments, I'll agree with that, but this is pretty much every manga in existence, not just AGK. Perfection doesn't exist and we should already know that better.
AgK is dumb in its overall execution, not just in occasional moments. So certainly AgK is not on the level of mangas like Death Note, Monster, Rainbow, Break Blade, etc when it comes to intelligent writing. So again, it's a dumb shonen and I enjoy the manga for it, but I won't act like it's miles better than the anime.

Also, you don’t want to continue your previous argument about those “countless unfuriated viewers made the manga sales skyrocketed”? I’d like to see those sales numbers for reference if nothing else.
Old 2015-07-29, 07:57   Link #10104
Homura7

"Countless" is just a saying. The reason for the sales increase is quite simple to explain: the anime ended, so viewers decided to give the original work a try. And it seems they liked the hell out of it

Searching for the numbers now is a bother. Give me some time.

EDIT:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1339073

Here's what you asked me for. Just the first week after the anime ended it sold over 130k, and 30k more in its second week. Pretty good for a monthly manga.

Last edited by Homura7; 2015-07-29 at 08:09.
Old 2015-07-29, 08:36   Link #10105
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
"Countless" is just a saying.
Does that mean the “infuriated viewers” part is also a saying? If not, do all those manga-buyers told anybody that they bought the manga coz they were mad with the anime? Any record of it?

Quote:
The reason for the sales increase is quite simple to explain: the anime ended, so viewers decided to give the original work a try. And it seems they liked the hell out of it
Then just say so instead of saying “countless infuriated viewers started reading the manga. Just one week later sales skyrocketed” just to belittle those who prefer the anime. If you want to present solid argument, present it with less hyperbole and exaggeration and more facts.

Quote:
Searching for the numbers now is a bother. Give me some time.

EDIT:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1339073

Here's what you asked me for. Just the first week after the anime ended it sold over 130k, and 30k more in its second week. Pretty good for a monthly manga.
Now that's more like it *thumb up*. But what about the sales number before the anime hoopla? This way we can’t measure how “skyrocketed” the sales was compared to the time during the anime airing or before the anime ended.
Old 2015-08-21, 11:31   Link #10106
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still no signs of the new chapter?
Old 2015-08-22, 08:01   Link #10107
NeutralZero

they already have one

got to say even though the ones we saw wasn't the complete version
got to like the fight scene...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 11:18   Link #10108
B214

The chapter felt more like an interval.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 11:38   Link #10109
bastek66

Fingering of Akame' ass was high point of this chapter.
Old 2015-08-22, 13:40   Link #10110
Secori

boring chapter
Secori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 15:08   Link #10111
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Please do go on
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 15:12   Link #10112
RoyalZel

This is starting to kind of feel like Bleach in terms of slow pacing and barely anything happening
RoyalZel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 15:16   Link #10113
Wandering Soul

The pacing is really slowing down. There were some developments but not much.
Old 2015-08-22, 15:24   Link #10114
Homura7

First it was rushing the show, now they say things are slowing down. Please, make up your mind
Old 2015-08-23, 20:43   Link #10115
Nighty40

the fight was meh, could have been a better chapter but on the bright side Akame might get some development finally (I have not read Akame ga kill zero)
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 06:13   Link #10116
Homura7

That honestly can't be called a fight. Akame wasn't even going serious at Wave, something the later immediatly realized as Akame was just hitting him with her blade despite she already knew beforehand his armor is impenetrable.

A real fight ends with one or both contendants dead, that was more like a sparring session.

And I must add, I chuckled at Leone feeling Akame's ass XD
Old 2015-08-24, 07:04   Link #10117
NeutralZero

that's the likable part in his fight agaisnt her
Quote:
Wave didn't do a team rocket exit for the xth time
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 10:00   Link #10118
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
+1.

And another month of waiting, again.

I wonder how many chapters left Takahiro has in mind, considering this is the final arc we're at.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 15:26   Link #10119
bones

Man I really feel sorry for Wave, he has sure pure and noble intentions. The only way for him to save Kurome is probably to kidnap her and remove themselves from this fight. Unfortunately Kurome would never go along with it and he's still stuck to the whole saving the empire from the inside idea. It's really sad seeing such a good guy charge full speed into hell
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 20:09   Link #10120
GDB

They're not bringing in ANOTHER new group to fight, are they? Even if they're from that prequel manga or whatever.

Also, at this point, I want Kurome to live and Wave to heal her. They're too cute together.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!