Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-27, 09:12   Link #61
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Hey that's rude! I just asked what I believe is a perfectly normal, healthy question you'd be likely to hear from anyone.

I take that as a no though?....
Not so much of a crush as much as 'it' is Hideyoshi with admiration for his sister.

The 'it' has failed dates with others before (inb4 we get that Ichimiya vibes), but flags are set everywhere, on both genders. (To put in perspective, the main heroine I see is a 9 year old genius girl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
a nizoral for you ping? XD

also, IMO, this is never NTR-esque but rather our MC is picking up the pieces like picking up glass fragments but instead of being cut by the shards, its being assembled again.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

But well, unlike Bungaku Shoujo, where Touko was the mentor to Konoha, it's as what you said, that Koremitsu has to clean up the mess after Hikaru (like Hikaru Genji, you really want to loathe this guy, but you can't help but pity him at times too). Hikaru tries to act as a social mentor to Koremitsu, but not in the right way, of course.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 15:30   Link #62
Seitsuki
Onee!

Soso, cross dressing pseudo yuri loli action with potential twincest 3p down the line?

Have you ever considered working on this instead? >_>
Old 2013-08-27, 21:55   Link #63
larethian

Quote:
Soso, cross dressing pseudo yuri loli action with potential twincest 3p down the line?

Have you ever considered working on this instead? >_>
hahahaha, are you sleeping, Seitsuki?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:51   Link #64
Seitsuki
Onee!

If a man cannot dream, what does he have left? We are but sojourners in this world, here for a while, yet continuously chasing after that ephemeral fleeting dream of our youth, the hope of glory...

I guess that's another no....
Old 2013-08-28, 03:12   Link #65
kan-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
It took me 6 volumes to put it in my top 3 LNs.
Better late then never they say

Quote:
Anyway, the next volume will be about a hikikomori. Already 50 pages out of 297 pages done.
Hikikomori? Intersting I'm reading a lot of stuff about this matter, lately.

Koori no mamono no Monogatari - Blood and Seethe
kan-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 05:19   Link #66
Qilin
Romanticist

I've read the first volume translated, and I'm quite happy with it.

That said, I don't think it's as good Bungaku Shoujo was. The first half of the volume could have easily been mistaken for some generic LN romcom, but the latter half was where this novel's similarity to Bungaku Shoujo really shines. It follows the same pattern of having flawed characters experience some sort of redemption or acceptance. The overall effect is a refreshing feeling which I can only describe as 'healing'.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the volumes translated.
Old 2013-08-28, 06:00   Link #67
oplover
Usually a lurker

I hope this series end with Koremitsu turn down all of them and get new girl, or harem instead.
Hikaru need to pass on and his harem need to move on while Koremitsu deserve his own happiness.
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 21:15   Link #68
larethian

Quote:
If a man cannot dream, what does he have left? We are but sojourners in this world, here for a while, yet continuously chasing after that ephemeral fleeting dream of our youth, the hope of glory...

no, I mean he's already working on it......
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 22:06   Link #69
ZeKeR
Superbad

still.... since he's picking up what his childhood acquaintance (sort of?) left shattered around...

I DEMAND AN ONEE-SAN KTHXAUTHOR.
Old 2013-08-29, 16:13   Link #70
Amario

Have a question regarding Asai. Does she also join Koremitsu's side?
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 00:19   Link #71
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
"Life... dreams... hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go...?"

Quote:
To name the harem of the trap, in descending order of priority, a 9 year old loli genius, a big breasted fujoshi maid, the crown prince (whose nosebleeding is something Muttsurini can be proud of), one of the best warriors on the land with a Gilgamesh-like ego, (highly suspected) his genius sister (who is one huge tsundere in her backstory, though she does not appear personally in the story, yet), (probable) one of the twin princesses (the other is a brocon for the older brother), a girl cross-dressing as a king from another country, (maybe) a Sebastian expy (who most certainly has a crush on the sister).

Simply put, the author is in SAN値ピンーチ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I've read the first volume translated, and I'm quite happy with it.

That said, I don't think it's as good Bungaku Shoujo was. The first half of the volume could have easily been mistaken for some generic LN romcom, but the latter half was where this novel's similarity to Bungaku Shoujo really shines. It follows the same pattern of having flawed characters experience some sort of redemption or acceptance. The overall effect is a refreshing feeling which I can only describe as 'healing'.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the volumes translated.
Honestly put, if I have to state something that is a 'flaw' in Hikaru, it is that the first volume feels more like a build-up compared to the Suicidal Mime story in Bungaku Shoujo. I find this a slower story to savor, and while I still have it ranked lower than Bungaku Shoujo, the volumes do leave a sweet taste rather than bittersweet. I would admit this story may not be well suited for those who do not fully believe in happy endings (and it is certainly more comedic given all the romcom stuff), but my opinion of this story may change after volume 8, especially given the preview for volume 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oplover View Post
I hope this series end with Koremitsu turn down all of them and get new girl, or harem instead.
Hikaru need to pass on and his harem need to move on while Koremitsu deserve his own happiness.
Here's a warning, the 9th volume title is called Rokujo. This will not end well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
no, I mean he's already working on it......
That was actually done by Pudding. The story actually is more of a typical romcom the author normally does before she actually made her big break on Bungaku Shoujo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
still.... since he's picking up what his childhood acquaintance (sort of?) left shattered around...

I DEMAND AN ONEE-SAN KTHXAUTHOR.
Check the volume cover of 朧月夜. There's your first onee-chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amario View Post
Have a question regarding Asai. Does she also join Koremitsu's side?
This picture should explain things well:

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2013-08-30, 06:40   Link #72
Arczyx
None. ない. Nihil.

LOL. The romance of three kingdoms ended with Wei's victory, right? Is that going to be the case here as well?

Btw, they have CV? This series has drama cd out somewhere?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't check your first post.
Old 2013-08-31, 07:02   Link #73
oplover
Usually a lurker

Quote:

Here's a warning, the 9th volume title is called Rokujo. This will not end well.
So author didn't even let him.
Old 2013-09-01, 13:30   Link #74
Saphirra

Quote:
So author didn't even let him.
It might be even darker than volume 4. I hope Aoi-chan will still be ok after this volume.
Saphirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 00:06   Link #75
Saphirra

The harem is exploding XD

My translation is poor but here's something I think you are looking forward to XD

Spoiler for Vol 6:

Now onto vol 7 .... that Hikaru, he should be crucified for profaning god LOL =))

Last edited by Saphirra; 2013-09-04 at 05:05.
Old 2013-09-22, 00:05   Link #76
alquimio_125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphirra View Post
The harem is exploding XD

My translation is poor but here's something I think you are looking forward to XD

Spoiler for Vol 6:

Now onto vol 7 .... that Hikaru, he should be crucified for profaning god LOL =))
Eyeing parts of the story like this, increase my desire to have more reading material. Someone of you will know if there are summaries of the volumes through the network?
At least in Japanese, because I think that there is nothing in English.
P. D. You think that this story has a harem end?
Although I have the impression that Koremitsu is kind of protagonist who strongly advocates monogamy. xD
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 02:21   Link #77
Saphirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
Eyeing parts of the story like this, increase my desire to have more reading material. Someone of you will know if there are summaries of the volumes through the network?
Sadly, no English summary anywhere I know. You can read the Japanese raw or Chinese translation though if you could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
P. D. You think that this story has a harem end?
Although I have the impression that Koremitsu is kind of protagonist who strongly advocates monogamy. xD
No, I don't really think that this will end with a herem ending because the MC is simply not a gigolo to begin with. He only has no experience and don't know how to deal with woman's feeling, yeah simply-put he's a thick-head (even so girl felt for him one after another lol) but once he know the girl's feeling for him I think he'll try to decide and do not step in Hikaru's same road. His affection toward the girls till now (my thought) :
- He's protective over Aoi, I don't know if that's love or simply cause she's Hikaru's fiancee and he also don't know that too.
- Honoka, somewhere less than a girlfriend, more than a friend I guess
- Shioriko, his family and his imouto
- Yuu,
Spoiler for :

- Tsuyako, his sempai
- Asa (my waifu lol XD), his ... friend, poor Asa-chan =)).
- Michiru, err I haven't read vol 8 yet so I don't know
So ... My thought is that Aoi and Honaka have the highest chance amongst the others.

Regarding some information about vol 8, It's an all-out war \m/,
Spoiler for :
, Asa and her perfect plan to "make him hers" ( but his thick-head barrier is too strong so it failed =)) ) , Aoi and Honoka's confession. Yay catfights are all over the place \m/

Last edited by Saphirra; 2013-09-22 at 02:36.
Old 2013-09-22, 04:46   Link #78
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Given the title of the next volume, there will be real 'death flags'...

And here's a rough translation I did in the past:

Spoiler for Future:

I'll go faster with this series after November 20 however. Probably can do 1 volume in 10 days or so.

Spoiler for To wit:
Old 2013-09-22, 07:16   Link #79
oplover
Usually a lurker

^Thanks for everything you always done, also
Quote:
Spoiler for To wit:
Honestly i don't really like this. Or maybe just me.
Old 2013-09-22, 08:57   Link #80
Saphirra

Quote:
^Thanks for everything you always done, also

Honestly i don't really like this. Or maybe just me.
The rorikon community is gonna hate you for sure

That quote has some dark reason behind it but when the circumstance is resolved, uhm why not, maybe in 4 years, it's still a crime (doing it with a 13 year-old girl is a crime lol) but you know in 7 years it's ok. Genji did the same too

Quote:
I'll go faster with this series after November 20 however. Probably can do 1 volume in 10 days or so.
The god-speed translation is gonna come back XD, I'm looking forward to it.

Tags
delinquent, harem, healing, romance, tragedy