AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 22:43   Link #221
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
The characters in this anime are all really unique, we've seen Kafuka who is really positive, Itoshiki who is really negative, The girl who always has to be perfect, a stalker girl, Komori the hikikomori. I really want to find out the uniqueness of the girl with bandages
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:50   Link #222
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I really want to find out the uniqueness of the girl with bandages
My guess is that she'll be explained in the next episode, just based on what I've seen in the manga.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 23:07   Link #223
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
I really want to find out the uniqueness of the girl with bandages
If you don't mind spoilers, the Wikipedia article has a good run-down on the class. And what a class...

@Risaa: off-topic, but this Pearls Before Swine strip is relevant to your sig
Old 2007-07-20, 23:17   Link #224
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
If you don't mind spoilers, the Wikipedia article has a good run-down on the class. And what a class...

@Risaa: off-topic, but this Pearls Before Swine strip is relevant to your sig
LOL net idol... This is such a funny series. Thanks for the link, and thanks for the link to the comic - I hadn't seen that one.
Old 2007-07-20, 23:56   Link #225
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post

And to think before this show aired, there was not even a page for this series........
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 01:10   Link #226
Maritime
Oceanic

Anyone know the name of the sad piano piece that plays at various points during the show? I need that song more than anything.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 04:18   Link #227
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

This episode was more class centric than zetsubo-sensei centric. It's pretty interesting how it's going, an over problematic class and a pessimistic teacher that dosent help at all. I thought one of the best parts was the cake splitting part and how she calculated what arc to cut the cake in.

4 parts... 72 degrees
5 parts... 60 degrees
6 parts... 51.428571428 degrees!!!!!!! Heck cares, lets have a cake milkshake XD
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 04:50   Link #228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
Anyone know the name of the sad piano piece that plays at various points during the show? I need that song more than anything.
Once again i'll say it...

We have no idea. The soundtrack for this series has not been released yet -- we don't even have a date for its release yet.
Old 2007-07-21, 07:47   Link #229
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
LOL net idol... This is such a funny series.
The character description that really cracked me up was

Spoiler for ep3 or later:

I just hope we get to see all these students in 12 episodes - not sure how likely that is, given there are nine tankōbon out as of last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I like the fact that Kafuka is pronounced like "Kafka," as in Kafka-esque.
The literary allusions are great - let's see, so far we've had Stendhal, Kafka, Nietzsche and Dazai Osamu (whom I'd never heard of before, but now want to read). I'm also loving the "historic cinema" visual effects, although I suspect I'm missing lots of references due to not having seen much classic Japanese film. It could easily have ended up seeming forced, but IMO they've got the balance spot on - it doesn't feel at all jarring for Itoshiki to turn up to class in traditional dress, while the kids tote cellphones and date boys in Konata T-shirts (then again, I suppose the figure of the tormented intellectual is somehow timeless).

Speaking of cultural references, a big 乙 to a.f.k. for translating the 2ch rants in the OP!

Last edited by Simon; 2007-07-21 at 08:08.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 09:17   Link #230
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Osamu Dazai wrote The Setting Sun and No Longer Human. Although The Setting Sun ended in a redemptive fashion, his novels were full of the desolation and emptiness he felt throughout his life. He died in a very colorful fashion after a few unsuccessful tries: he finally killed himself.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 09:31   Link #231
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
The characters in this anime are all really unique, we've seen Kafuka who is really positive, Itoshiki who is really negative, The girl who always has to be perfect, a stalker girl, Komori the hikikomori. I really want to find out the uniqueness of the girl with bandages
Me too. I actually find myslef enjoying all the characters so far. Minus the extras in the stalker chain
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 09:37   Link #232
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Let me add that Dazai is worthy of mention because his attempts at death were as comical as Itoshiki's attempts to kill himself. It took him five tries, if I remember correctly.
Old 2007-07-21, 10:04   Link #233
nhyn

Now that people pointed out a lot of reference, I'd like to ask: I've heard there's some reference to other anime as well, most noticeable is the Honey and Clover book that the sensei was reading (I missed that too T_T), so what are the referential details? I've watched quite a bunch of anime, but I'm just slow...Thanks in advance!
nhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 10:12   Link #234
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Ah, if I remember correctly there was a drawing among the always-changing sketches on the board. One of them was a picture of Jeremiah, known to be Orange in Code Geass, and beside this sketch was a funny statement. Just look for it, I don't remember exactly the time it happened. ^_^
Old 2007-07-21, 10:50   Link #235
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
when the girl whos always perfect was doing the strawberry math, she was going Super sayian, i think, and its a reference to DBZ
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:12   Link #236
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

This series tends to lend itself better to static avas than ani-avas for me.

Static:

Animated:

The last one is similar to Simon's avatar, so it probably shouldn't be used right now.

(Really looking forward to the next episode. @_@)
Old 2007-07-21, 13:41   Link #237
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Nice avies risaa...Really shows off how lovely the art in the show is. Animated ones are cute aswell...Komori really is adorable in a creepy horror movie sort of way.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:49   Link #238
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Thank you. One of the best things about this series is how *stylish* it is. It's not really fancy or glossy like other series I can think of, but it doesn't need it - it's got its own artsy charm.
Old 2007-07-21, 16:01   Link #239
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 3:
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 16:27   Link #240
Lukannon

This series is absolute gold, it's pushed out Lucky Star quite easily, to my surprise.

I died a little bit inside when I read that it was only supposed to be 12 episodes. Here's to hoping for a second season.

To those who read the manga(I'm planning to, but I haven't gotten around to it), does it revolve more around Itoshiki/Kafuka, like in episode 1, or the class in general, like in episode 2?
Lukannon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shaft