AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-26, 15:32   Link #41
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
well thats not true, you can button mash all you want.. but you'll never beat a skilled player that way... and since you can also button mash in tekken and soul calibur then thats the player's fault not the game's.
you need to use techniques to beat skilled players, you wont play againest Lee the same way you play againest zabuza.
You can't button mash Tekken. Soul Cal you can to an extent, but you won't even beat the computer on harder difficulties.

But with a 2-button fighting game, it quickly just turns into tapping A and B, and then using the kawarimi to cover your ass. It's easily one of the least strategic fighting game out there. Part of that is the fault of the GC controller. I mean, with one big fat button taking up most of the controller space, you can't really have the other players hunting for X, Y, or Z.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 15:35   Link #42
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
The game's pretty limited for a fighting game. I mean, honestly, this isnt the best way to make use of the characters. Sakura shouldn't be in there at all. Neither should Ino. Shikamaru's special looks retarded because not only does he trap people with his shadow, he summons a wall to knock their heads into.

While everything does look cool, the game quickly devolves into button mashing. With the GC controller you can't really make it any other way.

I'd give the game about a 6.5.

Not all fighting games need to be over-complicated and stylish to be good. I play MvC2, KoF2k3 and SC2 all the time, and at first its cool when you see Magento's triangle jump + infinite, but then after awhile, the over complicatediness gets boring and loses its fun, and it all just becomes number crunching, same as KoF2k3 Dublon, Hinako, (insert random guy here) teams get predictable, and boring too. Hell at Evo last year, everyone (including me) boo'd at the final match for Guilty Gear XX, Sol Badbuy vs. Sol Badguy.

Naruto is fun as hell, and I love it, I played it on the PS2 and it was too fun. Even if all the characters were almost the same in genre (i.e. Haku and Neji playing exactly the sameway.) Don't know the mechanics of the GC verison, but that shyt doesn't look like a straight masher from the combo vid, and the air juggle setups, it looks to bait people into a hit and run. If I had it, I'd be playing that shit all day with my friends. As long as its fun, that's what matters.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 15:38   Link #43
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

The point he's trying to make is that this game is NOT tekken or soul callibar, so it is possible to do fine with buttonmashing. I've been to arcades where I've these skilled combo freaks loose to some lame buttommashing kid in marvel vs capcom.

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-04-26 at 16:05.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 15:39   Link #44
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
You can't button mash Tekken. Soul Cal you can to an extent, but you won't even beat the computer on harder difficulties.
Any 3D fighting game is masher friendly.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 15:58   Link #45
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

How do you order it (The PS2 game Narutimate Hero, I don't have GC, but the one to PS2 looks cool too!)?
Old 2004-04-26, 16:01   Link #46
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Any 3D fighting game is masher friendly.
exactly, but if you know how to play you'll still kick the masher's ass
Old 2004-04-26, 16:06   Link #47
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

The average masher is much better at the game than the average person that tries to do the move unaccidentally.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 16:35   Link #48
_Riku_

the sharingan Sasuke...does he have the black outfit or??

Last edited by _Riku_; 2004-04-26 at 16:54.
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 16:52   Link #49
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
While everything does look cool, the game quickly devolves into button mashing. With the GC controller you can't really make it any other way.
You're entitled to your opinion and all, though I really want to see you beat any better players in this game with just button mashing... trust me, it won't work. It won't even work against level 4 computer players and the AI is pretty dumb (it's only upside is that it never ever misses to land a perfect combo once it connects). btw, Soul Calibur 2 is out on the gamecube and it works perfectly; do you mean SC2 is just button mashing too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
C'mon, that's exactly why the Sharingan is so feared and wanted! The only reason we viewers don't appreciate it is because we keep seeing one of the only three Sharingan users left get his ass handed to him.
The problem is that the Up + A move I mentioned isn't using the Sharingan, it's a stupid move that teleports Sasuke behind to opponent to kick him in the back :P it looks pretty stupid, too.. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
How do you order it (The PS2 game Narutimate Hero, I don't have GC, but the one to PS2 looks cool too!)?
Try www.lik-sang.com I bought both the ps2 and ngc games from there. Bought other stuff over the years too, it's a really nice shop imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
The average masher is much better at the game than the average person that tries to do the move unaccidentally.
True that if two persons grab controllers for the first time and one starts mashing buttons and the other one thinks about his actions, the one who thinks will lose. But if you play the thing for just an hour the outcome should be significantly different. I've seen many many people who are new to this game pick one of these two sides and the one who hasn't button mashed has always been the better one in the end. Same thing for Marvel VS Capcom and pretty much any fighter, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
the sharingan Sasuke...foes he have the black outfit or??
Yuppers, black outfit, long hair, sharingan activated (though it's nothing more than looks, you can't actually use the sharingan :\ but it seems activating sharingan is a requirement for chidori so I guess it's used since you can perform chidori with Sharingan no Sasuke)... also a new greeting when meeting Naruto 1on1, both declares that they want to fight each other, perfect synch on every word in the sentance, heh heh.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 16:55   Link #50
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
the sharingan Sasuke...foes he have the black outfit or??
yep black outfit and red sharingan eyes
he also uses some of the Lee moves he copied
and uses chidori aswell
Old 2004-04-26, 16:56   Link #51
_Riku_

any videos of him ????
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 17:04   Link #52
Hobbes

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
Do we have to have any mod chip or anything in our united states gamecubes?
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 17:14   Link #53
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
Do we have to have any mod chip or anything in our united states gamecubes?
Yes, thanks to the US government being all up on the corporations' nuts. GC has region lock, it's easily breakable (you need to solder 1 switch) but the US government makes it a felony.

In any case, you can pick up a "Freeloader + Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2" pack at Liksang. Bear in min that you need a totally different momery card to save import games. Because once you save something non-import on it, you can't save the imports on it EVER. Can't even format it.
Old 2004-04-26, 17:17   Link #54
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Try www.lik-sang.com I bought both the ps2 and ngc games from there. Bought other stuff over the years too, it's a really nice shop imho.
Thank you! I got the exact same site from a friend of mine as well. There's no difference between Japanese and Norwegian PS2s, right (except for maybe the language at the start-up)? It should work on a Norwegian one as well (no country code or anything like that, right?)?
Old 2004-04-26, 17:39   Link #55
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Thank you! I got the exact same site from a friend of mine as well. There's no difference between Japanese and Norwegian PS2s, right (except for maybe the language at the start-up)? It should work on a Norwegian one as well (no country code or anything like that, right?)?
European and Japanese GC are different.

Don't you guys have PAL TV's there?
Old 2004-04-26, 17:51   Link #56
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
any videos of him ????
i have pics and videos but i need a place to host them

for sharingan sasuke and all the characters
Old 2004-04-26, 17:53   Link #57
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

There is certainly differences between Japanese and European consoles, Japanese games are NTSC, and European are PAL. But with Freeloader voor GC, you can make your GC compatible with other systems. So you can play Japanese games on a European GameCube. For the PS2 and Xbox there doesn't exist such a program (unfortanetly...)
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 18:20   Link #58
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
i have pics and videos but i need a place to host them

for sharingan sasuke and all the characters
Did you make them yourself? If so I have a request, and I can host some for you (assuming they're not like 200mb each or something)
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 18:34   Link #59
aahhsin

i'm assuming this game is only out for japan.

do i need a mod chip for a GC one? or it'll play fine?

PS2 obviously needs the mod chip
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 18:44   Link #60
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
i'm assuming this game is only out for japan.

do i need a mod chip for a GC one? or it'll play fine?

PS2 obviously needs the mod chip
As someone who play import games regularly, I'll make this very clear:

EVERYTHING NEEDS A MOD CHIP.

The only thing out there that plays all games in any region is the Game Boy Advance.

Game Cube, XBox, and the PS2 all need region circumvention.