AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 02:08   Link #3001
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
I have a question for Witch Hunt:

Spoiler for Character from Episode 5:
Personally I'm surprised no one has tried to argue for:

Spoiler for character from episode 5 name:
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 02:20   Link #3002
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Send a message via Yahoo to Bernks
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorahk View Post
Personally I'm surprised no one has tried to argue for:

Spoiler for character from episode 5 name:
Spoiler for names and such:
Old 2009-12-12, 03:57   Link #3003
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Thanks! Really, i appreciate this help. Soon i will be a full member of the Umineko SN community! ^__________^
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:04   Link #3004
Leinne
Who... am I?

I just want to ask one thing
I've just bought a new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium installed, and it's impossible to change the language so everytime I try to run the patch it says it's impossible since the locale isn't in Japanese, though it can't recognise Japanese caracters, it can't also read them in Umineko 5, it doesn't crash but I won't hear anything, is there a way to solve it?
THX
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:04   Link #3005
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Thanks for your help, but this time it's "unable to open archive file". D:
So, the .rar file doesn't open at all? Well, dang, maybe it got screwed up when I was uploading it. Just a sec...
[Edit] Ok, I just downloaded the file from Mediafire to make sure it was ok, and it unrared just fine with 7zip. Maybe you just need to re-download the file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
I just want to ask one thing
I've just bought a new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium installed, and it's impossible to change the language so everytime I try to run the patch it says it's impossible since the locale isn't in Japanese, though it can't recognise Japanese caracters, it can't also read them in Umineko 5, it doesn't crash but I won't hear anything, is there a way to solve it?
THX
Does that include when you change the locale? I'm pretty sure you don't change the language of Windows, only it's ability to run programs that don't support Unicode. Which is under Control Panel->Clock, Language, and Region->Region and Language->Administrative->Language for non-Unicode Programs->Japanese
ShinseiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:18   Link #3006
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinseiTom View Post
So, the .rar file doesn't open at all? Well, dang, maybe it got screwed up when I was uploading it. Just a sec...
[Edit] Ok, I just downloaded the file from Mediafire to make sure it was ok, and it unrared just fine with 7zip. Maybe you just need to re-download the file?

Does that include when you change the locale? I'm pretty sure you don't change the language of Windows, only it's ability to run programs that don't support Unicode. Which is under Control Panel->Clock, Language, and Region->Region and Language->Administrative->Language for non-Unicode Programs->Japanese
THX; it's wa a bit diff but now it's working again
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:47   Link #3007
LuckySovietStar

Where I can found my saves for EP4, and how can I transport them to other computer? I searched for it in Application Data\Umineko ...
...but I have Vista, so yeah.
LuckySovietStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 11:06   Link #3008
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySovietStar View Post
Where I can found my saves for EP4, and how can I transport them to other computer? I searched for it in Application Data\Umineko ...
...but I have Vista, so yeah.
I think Vista has the same setup as Win7, so it should be under "C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData" and either in Roaming\Umineko or Local\Umineko, I'm not sure which.
Old 2009-12-12, 11:15   Link #3009
LuckySovietStar

Funny part is, that there is no Umineko folder either in Roaming, or Local. Im looking at it right now. And Im pretty sure that I can see hidden folders too...Damn, Vista cant even find gloval.sav anywhere.
LuckySovietStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 11:48   Link #3010
ShinseiTom

Gloval.sav appears in the Umineko4 Program Files folder. Not in an AppData folder . We were both looking in the wrong place.
Old 2009-12-12, 12:32   Link #3011
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Nope, it un-rars perfectly fine.

But when I use the Ep4 patch, and click on the .exe file, it says "Cannot open Boxfile" while when I used the Ep5 patch, it says "Cannot open archive file". Can you try it on your to see if it works?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:29   Link #3012
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
To fix the "Cannot open Boxfile", you will simply have to check your directory and your file name for any Chinese characters. If you find any, just rename them to English. Appearently that's a stupid BUG of WinXP+ users (Rename everything into English and it works...wow, what's this, racism? lol)

For EP5:
-Make sure the "Read-Only" box of your WINDOWS folder in your C:/ directory is not ticked on
-Delete every single save file, Gloval.sav, envdata, make sure there's a "Screenshot" folder in your EP5 folder, if there's not, make one yourself
-Run with Applocale (The legendary VN synchronizer)

This time, to counter an a**hole who kept leaking translated scripts, we have decided to try a whole new method on Patching and Clearing
So you might find some places that have typos and such
Wish you the best with EP5

~MMR Anti-Somali forces; Nadeor
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 20:32   Link #3013
ShinseiTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Nope, it un-rars perfectly fine.

But when I use the Ep4 patch, and click on the .exe file, it says "Cannot open Boxfile" while when I used the Ep5 patch, it says "Cannot open archive file". Can you try it on your to see if it works?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
To fix the "Cannot open Boxfile", you will simply have to check your directory and your file name for any Chinese characters. If you find any, just rename them to English. Appearently that's a stupid BUG of WinXP+ users (Rename everything into English and it works...wow, what's this, racism? lol)
I was having the same problem when I tried the EP5 Chinese translation until I followed this step by Nadeor above. By changing the name of the .exe from "海猫鸣泣之时散ep5汉化补丁" to just "ep5," it magically worked and patched the game, and when I started it up the language was in what I can only assume is Chinese (not Korean or Japanese at least...)

The EP4 patch... haven't tested yet.
[Edit] I can confirm that the EP4 Patch also works (unlike the other though, it's drag-n-drop). Put the two files in the Umineko4 Program Folder, changed the name of the executable to just EP5 (beforehand it gave the BOXERROR like it did to you), deleted my gloval.sav and envdata, and it started right up. I did get a crash when I unlocked EP4 (related to SE playing?), but I restarted and messed around a bit more and didn't get another crash, plus it kept EP4 unlocked even after it crashed the first time.

Last edited by ShinseiTom; 2009-12-12 at 21:04. Reason: Tested EP 4~
Old 2009-12-12, 21:09   Link #3014
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Ah, I see. Thanks. Trying it now. What's Applocale?
Old 2009-12-12, 21:13   Link #3015
The Creator
Golden Emperor

It's a program for windows that lets you install programs that are in a language different from the one your windows is in.
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 21:43   Link #3016
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Both patches seem to be working, but they are still unable to play the ME's and the SE's. They always get an error whenever that happens. Can you tell me what 'tweaking' you've done to have made it possible to play it, Shinsei?
Old 2009-12-13, 06:18   Link #3017
ShinseiTom

Yeah, this error? I thought I had only gotten this error once, but now that I've tried a few more things, it's popping up all the time. Even though the SE still plays, both 4 and 5 crash as soon as this pops up. It does this on XP (x32) and Win7 (x64) for me.

Sorry, I don't have a tweak for this. Maybe Nadeor knows something?
Old 2009-12-13, 08:24   Link #3018
Sir Andy Richter
Wuh?

Am I supposed to let W-H know about the 15 typos so far I've noticed in the first two episodes, or what?

I'm pretty sure they already know about them, and everything..
Sir Andy Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 10:38   Link #3019
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Andy Richter View Post
Am I supposed to let W-H know about the 15 typos so far I've noticed in the first two episodes, or what?

I'm pretty sure they already know about them, and everything..
You mean instances where an apostrophe that wasn't needed was used, "your" instead of "You're", and other things like that?

Yeah, I noticed those too.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 12:59   Link #3020
Floofeh

I had a few questions regarding the new stuff coming out soon (episode 6, patch of episode 5...)

Will episode 5 come out as 5+6 together? And if so, will the episode 5 patch work on the game that contains 5+6?

I also heard something about playing umineko on the ds? What's that about? It would be awesome if that was possible! Do you know more of that?
Floofeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation