AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-17, 07:56   Link #821
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
It's a good thing Hibiki is a true friend because Haruka's innocence/obliviousness is a bit extreme to the point she can be easily manipulated or taken advantage of. >_>;
Hold on a second...I actually thought of the opposite here as what Hibiki's counselling did was actually remove the limiter holding back Haruka from letting her innocence/obliviousness from being taken advantage of by Junichi even more. Otherwise I don't think that fantasy scene might have happened the way it did

And Hibiki's reacting to the scene in the cafeteria? *shrug* "leave those two love birds alone", meanwhile, the shocked faces of the students around them.

I can understand kissing in public but come on, you two go be horny somewhere else in a dark corner please (funny thing is...I think those two would rather preform horny fantasy play in front of people than to kiss each other...talk about extreme).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 08:50   Link #822
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, Hibiki and most of the other students probably only see him feeding her, as the scene setting was not spoken that loudly and people had no motivation to listen until things began to look weird. And Haruka Morishima had specifically asked about letting him spoil her, so Hibiki may not be aware at that point that the two are engaging in bondage roleplay. Seriously, even seeing a boy spoonfeed a girl in the school cafeteria is likely to turn a good many heads.

Hibiki seems like a thoroughly normal, sane girl. One may wonder how much she is able to imagine the abnormal relationship that is unfolding when she is not looking. I think most in her situation would assume the two were off holding hands or sharing a lunch box for instance when they were hiding out in the shed.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 09:10   Link #823
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I can understand kissing in public but come on, you two go be horny somewhere else in a dark corner please (funny thing is...I think those two would rather preform horny fantasy play in front of people than to kiss each other...talk about extreme).
You are aware that the cafeteria scene was not about anything "horny" at all, right? Just because the anime direction consciously played with some lewd associations from the perspective of the viewer does not mean this scene had sexual connotations for Haruka. For her, this scene was about having _fun_, not about giving Junichi a boner. Just like at the end of the day, she was reminiscing about how _fun_ it was, not about the day being "hot" or anything.

So what the rest of the world was seeing in the cafeteria was Junichi feeding Haruka, who was obviously enjoying it. Dup de doo. Not a pair of students making out.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 11:30   Link #824
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

All I got to say about episode 3, is I enjoyed it very much. Very unexpected yet fun and original IMHO. Tachibana is brave and clever towards Haruka(with a side of puppyness).
While Haruka is just plain.......hot!!
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 11:44   Link #825
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I too noticed the point were Kaoru Tanamachi put her arms around his neck. I doubt Morishima-senpai saw it though. I really enjoy how those two childhood friends have such a close relationship. It is almost too bad that non-erotic closeness has to be sacrificed for a romantic development. I think there are a lot of male-female friends pairs that just stay that way rather than risking to change it. But we can talk about that in the appropriate arc, I suppose. I look forward to it.

It is indeed important to notice that the Tachibana siblings live with at least one parent. That casts Miya in a different light. If she is just looking for human contact, you'd think she would hang out more with her mother. Especially in Japan, where gender roles are still more dominant, you'd think mother and daughter would have more in common than brother and sister. Of course, she may be going through a rebellious age or something. And we don't really know what kind of person their mother is. But at least the two teens are not orphans.
Morishima did NOT see her grab Junichi. And as much as Kaoru pushes other people about confessing. * See intro * I think its gonna get a little awkward. But we can all talk about that starting 2 episodes from now.

Im going to look for influences that there Mom has on them possibly later in the day or right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Hold on a second...I actually thought of the opposite here as what Hibiki's counselling did was actually remove the limiter holding back Haruka from letting her innocence/obliviousness from being taken advantage of by Junichi even more. Otherwise I don't think that fantasy scene might have happened the way it did
LoL. Limiter Removal.
Spoiler for nerd image.:

But anyway, I do agree. But, Its the fact that both Junichi and Haruka actually enjoy it. Neither of them is benefiting more than the other. I don't think Hibiki really knew that but she the "manipulator". Then again, Haruka DID ask Hibiki for her opinion. What more to do than tell the truth.
I was also wondering if everyone else noticed the talking behind the role-playing or did they just notice him feeding her. Then again, it probably had the same impact whether they heard or not.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 11:47   Link #826
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I liked the episode because it brings something new to the romantic comedy genre by putting focus on the physical and sensual side of a budding relationship. If sensuality was not involved at all, most relationships will fail as it is important in the development and maintenance of a relationship. That's one of the reasons why long-distance relationships fail for the most part, because the physical proximity of one necessary in a relationship is dissipated.

Here are some of my insights: I disagree with people who think the episode was horrendous, because it was anything but. This is not Tatami Galaxy, after all.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 12:00   Link #827
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
kiss in the back of the knee, wtf?! are they retarded? Even a kid in elementary school would have more mature relationships...dropped.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 12:27   Link #828
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
kiss in the back of the knee, wtf?! are they retarded? Even a kid in elementary school would have more mature relationships...dropped.
K man. Sorry you feel that way. Hopefully we see you around.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 13:14   Link #829
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I liked the episode because it brings something new to the romantic comedy genre by putting focus on the physical and sensual side of a budding relationship. If sensuality was not involved at all, most relationships will fail as it is important in the development and maintenance of a relationship. That's one of the reasons why long-distance relationships fail for the most part, because the physical proximity of one necessary in a relationship is dissipated.

Here are some of my insights: I disagree with people who think the episode was horrendous, because it was anything but. This is not Tatami Galaxy, after all.
I don't think Haruka saw anything sensual in the cafeteria scene, only our male protagonist. The shed was obviously a bit different.

Quote:
...I don't know any kids in elementary school who'd do that.
Old 2010-07-17, 13:18   Link #830
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think Haruka saw anything sensual in the cafeteria scene, only our male protagonist. The shed was obviously a bit different.

I must have gone to the wrong elementary school then. My school was much, much less awesome than this. And then I remember I went to an all boys school.

Crap.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 14:05   Link #831
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Naturally. The title of the episode is directed at us, the viewers, after all.

Jealousy.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 15:58   Link #832
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Even dogs dont do that. Means they reached a new level of retardation or fetish - whatever you call it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 16:17   Link #833
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I am now tempted to show this show to my girlfriend, just so I can see her reaction.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 16:26   Link #834
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
kiss in the back of the knee, wtf?! are they retarded? Even a kid in elementary school would have more mature relationships....
Purely in the interest of spreading knowledge, here are two sex advice sites (for adults, of course, mainly married couples: one, two) that include the area behind the knee in their lists of erogenous zones.

"I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now." (Bob Dylan, My Back Pages)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 17:16   Link #835
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Purely in the interest of spreading knowledge, here are two sex advice sites (for adults, of course, mainly married couples: one, two) that include the area behind the knee in their lists of erogenous zones.

"I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now." (Bob Dylan, My Back Pages)
See? They did some kind of research. It wasn't a random place or anything!

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-07-17 at 19:50. Reason: ;-)
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 17:26   Link #836
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
See? They did some kind of research. It wasn't a random place or anything!

Oh, which fansub is everyone watching here? It's a tough call.
haha I'm thinking that the wtf part comes down to the fact they suggest dogs do it, which for the love of me can't figure out where that comes from.
Maybe that image was just the dog trying to sniff at the butt and he mistakes it for behind the knee which he misses out on such a great opportunity to get some she did say anywhere else but the lips.
I could bet ya in RL the lad would have jokingly asked for a kiss on her other lips down stairs, I know I would have
Old 2010-07-17, 17:43   Link #837
Xacual

I've been watching UTW subs but I haven't done any comparisons so i don't know how the other groups are.

I didn't mind the 3rd episode though I'll admit I did some fast forward because I was a little embarrassed by the RP scene in the cafeteria. Really curious now what we'll see other than a Christmas date in the next ep.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 18:20   Link #838
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Oh, which fansub is everyone watching here? It's a tough call.
Urgh. Can we please keep these flamebait questions out of AS? They've led to total hateful disasters in other places (in particular MAL).

Amagami is a very easy script with very few opportunities to really screw up. Which means it's almost entirely down to personal preference. Download, see for yourself, and choose for yourself.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 18:44   Link #839
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
haha I'm thinking that the wtf part comes down to the fact they suggest dogs do it, which for the love of me can't figure out where that comes from.
Maybe that image was just the dog trying to sniff at the butt and he mistakes it for behind the knee which he misses out on such a great opportunity to get some she did say anywhere else but the lips.
I could bet ya in RL the lad would have jokingly asked for a kiss on her other lips down stairs, I know I would have
I think the other lips would have gotten you and him an instead "no." It is stupid how he came up with it, but I don't think he was using his brain to it's fullest potential.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-07-17 at 19:50. Reason: ;-)
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 19:23   Link #840
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

You just gave me all sorts of weird thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Interesting... so the skin behind the knee is thinner. Also... eyelids?!

Surprised the armpit it not in that list..... not that it's my thing ...

Last edited by ID555; 2010-07-17 at 19:44.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen