AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-01, 04:40   Link #281
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I still think/hope Kyoto animation, I was just ecstatic to have my daily April 1st dealings from KEY I guess we will find out on the 10th. To me the trailer looks like pieced together... It is hard to say if this is a real trailer >.>
Old 2012-04-01, 05:13   Link #282
Akarin

Now I feel like playing Little Busters again.

. . . . . . .
Old 2012-04-01, 05:24   Link #283
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

If there is an anime I wonder how they'll do with the voice actors. They would probably keep most of them but I'm suspecting they'll change Riki's and perhaps Sasami's since they have the same voice actor as Rin.
I'm all for changing Riki's since I thought he sounded almost the same as Rin but I liked Sasami's voice and it sounded different enough from Rin's in my opinion.
Old 2012-04-01, 06:31   Link #284
Kakujitsu
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post

For now, would you mind if I went ahead and took the Kud one?
Old 2012-04-01, 07:24   Link #285
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The only real bits you can judge the animation on are 0:32 and 0:38.. and they look more than fine,
More than fine? Really?

Those bits looked Ok, but it's hardly above average animation like what KyoAni is known (in part) for.

Also, I'm not sure why that hand at the beginning shouldn't be judged. It is moving, after all - moving in a way that honestly makes me think of flash animation.

I'm not saying this is a totally bad trailer, but it's certainly not what I'd expect of KyoAni.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:34   Link #286
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

If by moving you mean a pan of one still shot... yeah, I guess. But yes, the animated parts are all more than fine. It's pretty fluid and the animators who worked on that nailed the timing for the movements pretty well. Plus, a ton of detail on clothes (breeze, etc), as you can see in that cut with the girl on top of the building.

It's not "oh my god best animation ever", but it's still pretty well done where it counts. Besides, I'm not even trying to say that KyoAni doesn't do fantastic looking shows, but if you go back and search for PVs released for the old Key series they did, there's a lot of simply uninteresting/unimpressive looking ones. Some even consist of still shots and mouths flapping while people talk. Not too good.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:45   Link #287
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
If by moving you mean a pan of one still shot... yeah, I guess. But yes, the animated parts are all more than fine.
"Fine", to me, is at least average, standard. So "more than fine" is at least above average. You really think this is above average animation for today's anime world? It's solid, but it's nothing special. All of the details you mentioned are fairly standard for just modern average anime animation (i.e. when an anime doesn't have it, people tend to be critical of it). In my mind, above average animation would be more detailed than this (more going on in the background, for example).

To me, "more than fine" animation would jump out at you, and this certainly doesn't. At least not to me.

Just compare this to the three-minute Hyou-Ka PV. Now that's "more than fine" animation. Not surprising since it definitely is handled by KyoAni.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:58   Link #288
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
"Fine", to me, is at least average, standard. So "more than fine" is at least above average. You really think this is above average animation for today's anime world? It's solid, but it's nothing special. All of the details you mentioned are fairly standard for just modern average anime animation. In my mind, above average animation would be more detailed than this (more going on in the background, for example).

To me, "more than fine" animation would jump out at you, and this certainly doesn't. At least not to me.

I'm not really willing to go into semantics here, but just to clarify on my opinion, I don't think this is amazing in any way or form, and overall animation for most shows has improved in recent seasons, that is also true, but this is still well done, especially if taken into context. It was a simple video made as an April Fools' joke (ruined by the leak that happened before, but still) for a series that won't air for AT LEAST another 4 months. For what it is, I think it already does a lot more than a ton of other crap which are fine with showing a couple of still shots and adding the logo of the forthcoming series at the end, which is the norm for this kind of stuff.

Besides, and maybe more importantly, the only reason I posted what I did is because I'm seeing a lot of really harsh criticism towards it. It's not amazing, yes, but it's also not below average, and definitely not worse than many many PVs made by Kyoto for Key shows before. This was one Kanon PV back in the day. And this was one random Clannad CM. I don't see any of them as particularly impressive or compelling pieces of promotional material. And then I wonder what exactly is so bad about the LB one that makes it impossible for the show to be produced by KyoAni.

I mean, some people (including myself) mentioned the different character designs, but there's a rather large amount of negative comments towards the visuals and I do think that they're fairly undeserved, at least if we were to compare them to what the same people think is "good".
Old 2012-04-01, 08:10   Link #289
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

For confirm LB! anime: 当然ですが風来記アニメ化はありません!マンガのページは過去コンプエースに掲載されたもので実は存在しま す!…が、発行予定等はありません;どこかで収録できたらうれしいですね!
Bottom: http://www1.ttcn.ne.jp/~izumiya/idzumiya/uso.html
Old 2012-04-01, 08:12   Link #290
Triple_R
*Author

Well, to get to the core issue, I still think KyoAni might be doing this. But if they are, that's at least a bit of a troll trailer, imo. The real one will be more distinctively KyoAni, imo, if KyoAni is the studio handling this.

Edit: I mean, Little Busters is a pretty big deal. I can't imagine KyoAni bringing less than their A-Game to this.
Old 2012-04-01, 08:24   Link #291
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Both Kanon/Clannad basically shared the majority of the staff working on it, so if this turns out to be KyoAni, chances are we'll be seeing Ishihara directing with Fumihiko Shimo writing. The major change might be the absence of Kazumi Ikeda as the character designer, and having someone new responsible for that, as well as a new Chief Animation Director, seeing as Ikeda also filled that role for Clannad and Kanon.

That said though, I don't know. I am of the opinion that Key/Kyoto shows look very good, and overall the presentation is flawless, but at the same time, when animation is concerned, they're not usually the most impressive stuff Kyoto has done. I feel that K-ON, in particular S2, really improved their overall quality on that front, with Horiguchi doing a fantastic job on it. And last year's Nichijou was also quite interesting, because at times it felt downright experimental for them. Some of the cuts were reallly unlike Kyoto, like the hallway running ones and all.

But eh, all that's left is waiting for an actual announcement on studio and staff.
Old 2012-04-01, 08:31   Link #292
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
I have mixed feelings on this. I don't know on whether to use brosuke or keep my nyaruko a an avatar.
Old 2012-04-01, 10:15   Link #293
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Baba Takihiro Twitter avar 2/4:
Old 2012-04-01, 10:30   Link #294
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Guys, that trailer is totally not from KyoAni and I don't know why you fail to see that >__>
Old 2012-04-01, 10:38   Link #295
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
More than fine? Really?
Yes, really.

Quote:
Those bits looked Ok, but it's hardly above average animation like what KyoAni is known (in part) for.
I thought KyoAni was known for great animation, not for just above average...

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure why that hand at the beginning shouldn't be judged. It is moving, after all - moving in a way that honestly makes me think of flash animation.
Because it's just a pan in a PV done well in advance of the anime starting. It's an announcement PV, it's not meant to be an animation showcase... It actually has more animation than a lot of these PVs... you know which PVs you should be comparing this to?

Instead you compare it to a released nearly a month before airing Hyou-ka PV comprised of scenes from the first few episodes which are already done. Completely different and not a loaded example @ all lol.

Quote:
I'm not saying this is a totally bad trailer, but it's certainly not what I'd expect of KyoAni.
That's fine, it's probably not them anyway. But considering this PV stuck to replicating the CG images from the VN with minimal movement except a few well animated parts and the panning hand... it can still be them. (Not that I would put money on it)
Old 2012-04-01, 10:38   Link #296
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Guys, that trailer is totally not from KyoAni and I don't know why you fail to see that >__>
This. It's absolutely nothing like a KyoAni production. Compare it to the art style and coloration they used in Clannad and Kanon. The more I look at it the more I think it's done by feel, definitely.
Old 2012-04-01, 10:43   Link #297
Archer

I've been hearing White Fox from a variety of places.
Old 2012-04-01, 10:58   Link #298
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Both Kanon/Clannad basically shared the majority of the staff working on it, so if this turns out to be KyoAni, chances are we'll be seeing Ishihara directing with Fumihiko Shimo writing. The major change might be the absence of Kazumi Ikeda as the character designer, and having someone new responsible for that, as well as a new Chief Animation Director, seeing as Ikeda also filled that role for Clannad and Kanon.

That said though, I don't know. I am of the opinion that Key/Kyoto shows look very good, and overall the presentation is flawless, but at the same time, when animation is concerned, they're not usually the most impressive stuff Kyoto has done. I feel that K-ON, in particular S2, really improved their overall quality on that front, with Horiguchi doing a fantastic job on it. And last year's Nichijou was also quite interesting, because at times it felt downright experimental for them. Some of the cuts were reallly unlike Kyoto, like the hallway running ones and all.

But eh, all that's left is waiting for an actual announcement on studio and staff.
Is she still on maternal leave?
Old 2012-04-01, 11:13   Link #299
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes, really.
No, it's not. It's just standard quality anime animation. It's solid, but you're giving it too much credit it if you think it's "more than fine" going by the standards of today's anime world, imo.

Quote:
I thought KyoAni was known for great animation, not for just above average...
Well, technically, above average includes everything above the average, which also includes "great". The fact is that even at its worst, KyoAni tends to have above average animation.

Quote:
Because it's just a pan in a PV done well in advance of the anime starting. It's an announcement PV, it's not meant to be an animation showcase... It actually has more animation than a lot of these PVs... you know which PVs you should be comparing this to?
A bunch of SHAFT PVs?

People are trying to determine if this was done by KyoAni, not if it was done by SHAFT. So I raised a very recent KyoAni PV to demonstrate what modern KyoAni is capable of, and to show how the standards for good, above average animation has risen in recent years.
Old 2012-04-01, 11:15   Link #300
purusani

I don't know about you guys, but to me the character design looks similar to Papa kikis (Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai) which was done by studio Feel. Also... for heaven's sake how can people say that the animation is pretty good when it's average at best.
I just can't image respectable studios like kyoani, PA or even White Fox putting up this kind of "almost flash animated" trailer even if they wanted to prove that the anime is actually in the works. ;(

Tags
anime game, little busters