AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-05, 13:05   Link #61
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
I just started playing the game after watching the anime - it's great so far. I'm new to the whole VN scene, but if missed a certain flag, do I completely miss the entire route/special ending? Also, is there an easy to way replay sections to see endings, or do I really have to start all the way from the beginning?

Eh, this might of belonged in the game thread instead..sorry.

If you miss the flags you'll have to go back, but the only ones with flags you can't miss is Kurisu's end and the true end so as long as you can work out the one flag you need for each of the other girls, you'll be able to see them all.

I missed some of Kurisu's flags but I've gone back through it now as hers is the last ending that I need to see, it takes a while but you can use the skip feature and it'll keep on trucking through the text until you hit an important text or phonecall/d-mail moment. To put it into perspective, it took me 51 hours to go through the game to get Mayuri's end (first one I got) and It's taken me 3 hours of skipping through/reading the new dialogue to get to chapter 9 or Kurisu's route.
Old 2012-03-06, 15:53   Link #62
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
If you miss the flags you'll have to go back, but the only ones with flags you can't miss is Kurisu's end and the true end so as long as you can work out the one flag you need for each of the other girls, you'll be able to see them all.

I missed some of Kurisu's flags but I've gone back through it now as hers is the last ending that I need to see, it takes a while but you can use the skip feature and it'll keep on trucking through the text until you hit an important text or phonecall/d-mail moment. To put it into perspective, it took me 51 hours to go through the game to get Mayuri's end (first one I got) and It's taken me 3 hours of skipping through/reading the new dialogue to get to chapter 9 or Kurisu's route.
I was not aware of a skip button..haha, how do you access that? The English patch doesn't seem to translate some of the option menus, so I have no idea what I'm doing there.
Old 2012-03-06, 17:07   Link #63
Qikz

Well it's the start button on the PSP, you're looking for the スキップ button I think.
Old 2012-03-06, 21:24   Link #64
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Well it's the start button on the PSP, you're looking for the スキップ button I think.
I can't find it o__O Haha..someone help me out here, for the PC version.
Old 2012-03-07, 08:10   Link #65
Qikz

I checked for you. Right click and enter スキップモード or press ctrl to enter skip mode.
Old 2012-03-07, 12:27   Link #66
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
I checked for you. Right click and enter スキップモード or press ctrl to enter skip mode.
Ah okay, thanks Qikz , I'll get on that after I get back from work
Old 2012-04-22, 09:45   Link #67
SKIIBOSKIBABY

Alright, i love this anime, its the best anime i have seen in my life, but can someone please answer my question (probably missed something):

Sending a D-mail means affecting the actions of the person who receives the email so that the past will change (in favor) and therefore the present will change. For eg. Rukako turned himself into a girl by telling his mum to eat veggies, Okarin telling himself to follow Suzuha instead of letting her go. Alright, then why does sending a d-mail to Daru about Kurisu getting stabbed causes a time machine to crash into the radio building???? Did Daru get Suzuha into some terrorist getup?

Also, at the start of the anime (rewatching it), i realised that Okarin was the one who screamed and therefore it meant he was the one who actually stabbed Kurisu. Does this mean that there was some sort of infinite loop during these events?

And one more thing, when Okarin managed to fake a Dead Kurisu and asked for Suzuha to wait to see his 'past' self's reaction, he told his past self (without his past self knowing) it was going to be the harshest 3 weeks of his life (the 3 weeks in the Alpha line). But wouldn't the past self sending a D-mail to the past Daru have no meaning? Since Makise is not 'dead' there would be no effect which means there is no change in worldlines, which therefore the past Okarin wouldnt have to go through those 3 weeks?
Old 2012-04-22, 09:52   Link #68
SKIIBOSKIBABY

I also remembered that when Okarin time leaped back (dont know which timeleap it was), he went back, but the time (the time that shows up when he time leaps) said 2011 instead of 2010? is this a mess up from White Fox?
Old 2012-04-23, 06:18   Link #69
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIIBOSKIBABY View Post
Sending a D-mail means affecting the actions of the person who receives the email so that the past will change (in favor) and therefore the present will change. For eg. Rukako turned himself into a girl by telling his mum to eat veggies, Okarin telling himself to follow Suzuha instead of letting her go. Alright, then why does sending a d-mail to Daru about Kurisu getting stabbed causes a time machine to crash into the radio building???? Did Daru get Suzuha into some terrorist getup?
in the anime, there are many big worlds line, and those big worlds line contain many small world line and all of those small world line will lead to the same result of that big world line. and to travel from a big world line to another, Okarin must send a d-mail that change the future of the whole world. when Okarin send the d-mail to daru, which send okarin from the beta world line to the alpha one where SERN caught the D-mail and realized that it were send from the future, then later kidnap the lab member, learn how to time and rule the world. the mail itself didn't cause the time machine to crash into the radio building but it was an event that bound to happen in the alpha world line. the reason why "Rukako turned himself into a girl by telling his mum to eat veggies, Okarin telling himself to follow Suzuha instead of letting her go" didn't make okarin transfer from one big world line to another because the change is too small, not big enough to change the future of the whole world while the d-mail that okarin send to daru did.

Quote:
Also, at the start of the anime (rewatching it), i realised that Okarin was the one who screamed and therefore it meant he was the one who actually stabbed Kurisu. Does this mean that there was some sort of infinite loop during these events?
yes
Quote:
And one more thing, when Okarin managed to fake a Dead Kurisu and asked for Suzuha to wait to see his 'past' self's reaction, he told his past self (without his past self knowing) it was going to be the harshest 3 weeks of his life (the 3 weeks in the Alpha line). But wouldn't the past self sending a D-mail to the past Daru have no meaning? Since Makise is not 'dead' there would be no effect which means there is no change in worldlines, which therefore the past Okarin wouldnt have to go through those 3 weeks?
the reason why okarin must fake kurisu death in the first place was to make his past self to send the d-mail to daru and create the alpha world line thus make his past self travel there, the creation of the alpha world line was bound to happen in the beta.
Old 2012-04-24, 05:23   Link #70
SKIIBOSKIBABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
in the anime, there are many big worlds line, and those big worlds line contain many small world line and all of those small world line will lead to the same result of that big world line. and to travel from a big world line to another, Okarin must send a d-mail that change the future of the whole world. when Okarin send the d-mail to daru, which send okarin from the beta world line to the alpha one where SERN caught the D-mail and realized that it were send from the future, then later kidnap the lab member, learn how to time and rule the world. the mail itself didn't cause the time machine to crash into the radio building but it was an event that bound to happen in the alpha world line. the reason why "Rukako turned himself into a girl by telling his mum to eat veggies, Okarin telling himself to follow Suzuha instead of letting her go" didn't make okarin transfer from one big world line to another because the change is too small, not big enough to change the future of the whole world while the d-mail that okarin send to daru did.

yes

the reason why okarin must fake kurisu death in the first place was to make his past self to send the d-mail to daru and create the alpha world line thus make his past self travel there, the creation of the alpha world line was bound to happen in the beta.
Thanks for your answers, you have gave me some ideas but i still have doubts. For your answer to my 1st question, yes i understand this whole Attractor Field theory about how there will always be a event happening no matter what. However, a time machine crashing into the radio building wasn't an event that will ALWAYS happen in the alpha line. The event that will always happen in Alpha line was completion of a SERN Time machine which results in a Dystopia. Sending a D-mail does cause a change in divergence number, however, it will only cause a change in divergence number IF the receiver of the D-mail takes action regarding what was in the D-Mail. So Daru got a D-mail saying Makise Kurisu will be stabbed...........and somehow his actions managed to cause a time machine to crash into the radio building? Sounds weird to me or either its the Butterfly effect at work.

For your answer to my 3rd question, yes, when past Okabe sees a Dead Makise Kurisu (Whom isnt dead because the present okabe faked her death), he is going to whip out his phone and send a email to Daru saying Makise Kurisu was stabbed. However, she didnt get stabbed because the present Okabe faked her death, so therefore the D-mail wont have any effect which means the past Okabe wont have to repeat those 3 weeks in the Alpha line. Thats where i dont get why the present Okabe said "Its going to be the harshest 3 weeks of your life", when really, he isnt going to experience those 3 weeks. And the creation of the Alpha line in the Beta line wasnt "Bound" to happen, it was WWIII that was bound to happen in the Beta Line by convergence. Well i guess you can say it was bound to happen because it was the choice of Steins Gate
Old 2012-04-24, 05:32   Link #71
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Thanks for your answers, you have gave me some ideas but i still have doubts. For your answer to my 1st question, yes i understand this whole Attractor Field theory about how there will always be a event happening no matter what. However, a time machine crashing into the radio building wasn't an event that will ALWAYS happen in the alpha line. The event that will always happen in Alpha line was completion of a SERN Time machine which results in a Dystopia. Sending a D-mail does cause a change in divergence number, however, it will only cause a change in divergence number IF the receiver of the D-mail takes action regarding what was in the D-Mail. So Daru got a D-mail saying Makise Kurisu will be stabbed...........and somehow his actions managed to cause a time machine to crash into the radio building? Sounds weird to me or either its the Butterfly effect at work.
i couldn't find find any episode that the time machine wasn't crashed on the radio building

Quote:
For your answer to my 3rd question, yes, when past Okabe sees a Dead Makise Kurisu (Whom isnt dead because the present okabe faked her death), he is going to whip out his phone and send a email to Daru saying Makise Kurisu was stabbed. However, she didnt get stabbed because the present Okabe faked her death, so therefore the D-mail wont have any effect which means the past Okabe wont have to repeat those 3 weeks in the Alpha line. Thats where i dont get why the present Okabe said "Its going to be the harshest 3 weeks of your life", when really, he isnt going to experience those 3 weeks. And the creation of the Alpha line in the Beta line wasnt "Bound" to happen, it was WWIII that was bound to happen in the Beta Line by convergence. Well i guess you can say it was bound to happen because it was the choice of Steins Gate
the thing is that whether kurisu really die or not, okabe just need to send a D-mail about she being stabbed and he will be sent from beta to alpha line where SERN catch it, control time and rule the world. only daru from the alpha line will get the D-mail and kurisu was never stabbed in the alpha line
Old 2012-04-24, 07:13   Link #72
SKIIBOSKIBABY

Quote:
i couldn't find find any episode that the time machine wasn't crashed on the radio building

the thing is that whether kurisu really die or not, okabe just need to send a D-mail about she being stabbed and he will be sent from beta to alpha line where SERN catch it, control time and rule the world. only daru from the alpha line will get the D-mail and kurisu was never stabbed in the alpha line

Sorry, for my first answer i should have made it more clearer. Now in this SG Guideline i have with me, it tells me what happens DEFINATELY in these worldlines. There is nothing about a time machine that WILL definately crash in the radio building in the Alpha line section. All it says is a Sern Dystopia will occur and some deaths of main characters will occur and blah blah blah. And like how i have explained about the D-Mail effects earlier on, i just dont see how Daru's actions (when he received the d-mail) could have got suzuha in a time machine and crashed it into the Radio building. It seems illogical because Daru never knew Suzuha before then. Yes i know there wasnt an episode where the Satellite didnt crash, but the question i asked originally was something more of explaining a condradiction in logic. Simply put, my question is: How could Daru get Suzuha in a Timemachine to be crashed into the Radio Building whilst knowing that Makise Kurisu is going to be stabbed from the DMAIL

As for the 3rd quesiton, i guess i should give up, lets just leave it as the choice of steins gate xD
Old 2012-04-24, 09:44   Link #73
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Sorry, for my first answer i should have made it more clearer. Now in this SG Guideline i have with me, it tells me what happens DEFINATELY in these worldlines. There is nothing about a time machine that WILL definately crash in the radio building in the Alpha line section. All it says is a Sern Dystopia will occur and some deaths of main characters will occur and blah blah blah. And like how i have explained about the D-Mail effects earlier on, i just dont see how Daru's actions (when he received the d-mail) could have got suzuha in a time machine and crashed it into the Radio building. It seems illogical because Daru never knew Suzuha before then. Yes i know there wasnt an episode where the Satellite didnt crash, but the question i asked originally was something more of explaining a condradiction in logic. Simply put, my question is: How could Daru get Suzuha in a Timemachine to be crashed into the Radio Building whilst knowing that Makise Kurisu is going to be stabbed from the DMAIL
it because Suzuha stop by 2010 to visit her father (daru) who already died for a long time in the alpha line when she time travel, she then screw up and crash into the radio building. while in the beta line, Suzuha go straight back to 1975, she never stopped by 2010 to visit her father because daru still alive when she time travel in the beta line so the crash didn't happen.

and the reason why daru already died for a long time in the alpha line when Suzuha time travel is because it bound to happen in the alpha line. just like how mayushii will die in the alpha line no matter what.

Last edited by Kimidori; 2012-04-24 at 09:57.
Old 2012-04-24, 22:20   Link #74
SKIIBOSKIBABY

Quote:
it because Suzuha stop by 2010 to visit her father (daru) who already died for a long time in the alpha line when she time travel, she then screw up and crash into the radio building. while in the beta line, Suzuha go straight back to 1975, she never stopped by 2010 to visit her father because daru still alive when she time travel in the beta line so the crash didn't happen.

and the reason why daru already died for a long time in the alpha line when Suzuha time travel is because it bound to happen in the alpha line. just like how mayushii will die in the alpha line no matter what.
AHHHHH ok thanks, you just answered my question DDDDD alot more clear now, so bascally, she time traveled back because her father was always going to die in a certain year (in the alpha line) so therefore she was going to crash because the time machine was pretty much incomplete if i remember. I still have doubts about the D-mail but no worries. thanks alot
Old 2012-04-27, 17:44   Link #75
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I just finished Steins GAte and is deeply expressed. My question evolbes around Suzuha.
Spoiler for Question about Suzuha's Existence:
Old 2012-04-27, 19:17   Link #76
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I just finished Steins GAte and is deeply expressed. My question evolbes around Suzuha.
Spoiler for Question about Suzuha's Existence:

The one you put as next is somewhat correct. However...

Spoiler for game end:

What you said about the first thing makes no sense to me.

Spoiler for game:

Spoiler for Suzuha end:
Old 2012-04-27, 23:17   Link #77
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
The one you put as next is somewhat correct. However...

Spoiler for game end:

What you said about the first thing makes no sense to me.

Spoiler for game:

Spoiler for Suzuha end:
the timeline where mayushii die is alpha, not beta
Old 2012-06-21, 20:26   Link #78
parodicsz

confused...lol

I understand everything BESIDES when kirisu doesen't die. Can someone explain how faking her death changes everything. And what timeline are they on right now. CAn someone send me a link to their current timeline. I checked out this diagram already: http://ibm5100.net/steinswiki/wp-con...-11.52.391.png but i dont get which one is steins gate :s
Old 2012-06-25, 22:59   Link #79
Lightning_Wing

Kurisu not dying causes them to go onto the path where Mayuri dies, which is the one that results in the dystopia.

Faking her death causes the world line to switch to the one where no one dies, and it is assumed that there is peace. This is the one that they are currently on, at least by the end of the anime.
Old 2012-07-07, 09:32   Link #80
LKK

Does anyone know if Funimation has said whether the OVA / episode 25 will be included in their US release?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a