AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-24, 13:17   Link #41
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izcoatl
maybe they don't want to see a very very sad ending like in mahoromatic and eva *shrugs*
Puchi Puri Yuushi?

I don't see why Gainax couldn't do something like this...
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 22:27   Link #42
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I'm bringing this topic back to life ^_^

Whooo I'm excited to see 2 episodes be fansubbed. I love the OP so much I watch it all the way through. What did you guys think of Episode 3? I can really tell how small Asumi is now considered to the rest of the girls I found it weird when the people just quit because they forgot their room numbers. I mean, they went through all of that just quit o_o?

I'm waiting for Episode to download now. Please keep fansubbing this guys ^_~!
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 22:37   Link #43
IPv6
blastos.com

I don't think those people just quit. You have to remember that they can only enter their room number once. If they did it wrong in the first place, its all over. To further expand on that, their room numbers were not in order, making it more confusing.

if I was in their shoes, I probably would of forgotten the number once I found the room. Then again, I wouldn't start punching in numbers without the entire team confirming that's the correct number. This way, if the number is entered wrong, its the team to blame.
IPv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-04, 22:47   Link #44
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

If I were in their shoes I wouldn't have forgetton my room number, come on how can you forget it, their was a reason why the the guy told each of them to remember their room number when they first checked in.

Anyways I'm really glad 2 episode were subbed and released I was waiting for these to come out. Keep up the good work AF
Old 2003-12-05, 00:11   Link #45
Sylvanthious

This series is totally cool, so far I like it a lot more than Stellvia, and Planetes, and that song at the end of the show is totally cool for sure.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 02:41   Link #46
wao
OK.

Aaaahhhhh T_T Finally episode 3 and 4 have come out, THANK YOU A-F, I couldn't wait ^_^

Well anyway, it's obvious that Fuchuuya has a... hehe, interest in Asumi :P Of course, I think she probably doesn't care. In fact, she's a really sweet girl, yet believeable... Somehow I can believe you really do get people like that.

I've only watched Ep 3 (waiting for 4 to dl) and well, at least the general animation was better than 2's, however I get the impression that the animators (forgot their name, something Tap) are still experimenting with CG. Last episode, the jumps weren't well done and I supose they were still trying it out, and also this episode they used CG for the domino pieces, when really I thought it was kind of unnecessary to have it that long. ^_^;;
Some things were predictable, such as Fuchuuya's actions and the bus people's reaction to Asumi's question as well as Asumi's own roommates, but you can't really expect anything else so... yeah. They almost always have to have a cold type of person who ends up softening up in some similar series or another, don't they.... the first thing that comes to mind is Akira from Stellvia. (Was that her name? The person with - gasp, green hair. The person in Twin Spica ALSO has green hair... which asks another question, WHAT the hell is up with the green hair o_O)

Nice episode though, you can really see Asumi's small size. I think I shall go watch the OP sequence all over again, I love that song (and the ED too!!)... when are the OSTs coming out *_*

Hm, also I found out from somewhere that Twin Spica has only got 20 episodes. That's alright really, though I wonder why its not the conventional 26 or 13. Doesn't matter really!
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-05, 10:16   Link #47
saku~ya
la~li~lo

For real, there was a reason he stated to remember their room numbers. Of course if it were me I would of made sure to remember them. I would of given it a shot even if I couldn't remember it. Maybe the other members knew a part to it.

I still like Stellvia more as of right now, but that may change. The OP rocks out of the whole show. But I haven't found a place as to when or where it comes out. Though I did find a place where a tv sized rip of it is. PM me since I don't know if its allowed if you want the url for it.

I'm going to watch the 4th episode this afternoon ^_^ I hope they develope the relationship between Asumi and Fuchuuya. It was really funny when he said he wasn't watching her all the time. I bet he stalked her just to find out what she does of every second of the day
Old 2003-12-05, 14:39   Link #48
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Just watched episode 4.. Another great episode. It seems in the next episode we get to find out more about little-Asumi? ^^ This really is a great series so far though. Too bad it doesn't seem to get as much attention as other series out right now..

As for the remembering room numbers.. I would've wrote it on my hand with a pen or something. ^^; I'd have trouble remembering something like that. hehe.

I want to find out more about the other characters and their past. I especially want to know more about Shuu and Ukita.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 05:19   Link #49
Sylvanthious

That remembering room numbers thing was dumb. Any kid who could pass a tough test that would give a person the chance to join an elite program like that would be able to remember the number of the room they were given. That part is really stupid, just dumb.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-06, 05:33   Link #50
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanthious
That remembering room numbers thing was dumb. Any kid who could pass a tough test that would give a person the chance to join an elite program like that would be able to remember the number of the room they were given. That part is really stupid, just dumb.
Well one mistake and the exam is over but yeah I can't inderstand how they could've forgotten their room number. Asumi remembered or should I say was very confident of her room number because 0350 was the distance to the twin star Spica which is her favorite.
Old 2003-12-06, 07:08   Link #51
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Keep in mind that these are still people that are just getting out of middle school. They're also tired from the exam, and stressed from suddenly being transported to another place without warning. They have a LOT on their minds, and a randomized 4 digit number is quite an easy thing to forget, especially when you see so many other sets of numbers while trying to find the one you're assigned to.
Old 2003-12-06, 12:07   Link #52
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Episode 4 was great. I partically liked the part where Asumi remembered a long ago memory. Dude, I wonder how she survived that o_o; Looks like next episode we get to see more of the chibichibi Asumi Oh maybe Lion-san will show up some more in this one.

I hope this show gets more attention than it already is. If not this would be an anime never noticed. Which is a shame and all.
Old 2003-12-08, 12:10   Link #53
Kensuke

Ep. 4 approached Evangelion in psychology-level, three people who haven't even met before locked in small room and frustrating assigment. They are really testing how well you take nerve-cracking and stressful situation.
Even if you know that you are safe, if situation is frightening, it is easy to end it all by just pushing that button.

Spoiler:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 13:36   Link #54
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

its like rembering your exam seating number, once u sit down, would u still remember your seat number 1 or 2 hours after the start of exam , well some ppl will forget, not all
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 20:25   Link #55
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Well ep5 is out AF is on a roll keep it up.

What a beautiful episode 5 was, some scenes got me teary eyed a little bit.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-09, 22:24   Link #56
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

:( sniff sniff

ah okami-sama..... Twin Spica have mercy on my heart! What a wonderful episode! Ep 5 was so emotional that by the end of the ep, my dad had to run out to hide his tears. teehee ^_^ this episode had a really buddhist theme to it, like the 49 day spirit trip, and seeing green lights when you die. one heck of an episode! snifff snifff

Last edited by Lanimoo; 2003-12-09 at 23:01.
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 23:02   Link #57
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Wow, this was a great episode this time around. It was touching to see Asumi and her mother in the other world so to speak. And her mother to be able to see again and know that Asumi was her daughter was touching. So I am guessing eveyone who saw it brought tears to their eyes Thats okay cause it happened to me as well. Twin Spica was definetly worth the wait to download. I think this my favorite out of all the other anime I have seen
Old 2003-12-09, 23:47   Link #58
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

yup yup

hai hai...Twin Spica is most definitely my favorite anime ^_^
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 03:00   Link #59
Kensuke

I have to wipe tears away too... Truelly a masterpiece of emotional episode.
Most touching part was definetely when Asumi's mother realized that it was her daughter.

Keitaro20: Look back at first episode, Asumi meets Lion-san first time when she is carrying her mother ashes. Of course that is the reason why he wears that lion-mask, I think it would be too much for her if she recognize him.
But that part why he didn't crossed river, I don't know. Is it possible for spirit to remain in "real world"? Or something like that...
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 03:27   Link #60
Go-lytely

Yeah, when Lion-san first met Asumi it was after her funeral and Asumi was carrying her ashes. It was almost 49 days later when Asumi has her accident in the river and that is why she sees her mom in the afterlife. I was surprised we got to see Lion-san's face. I didnt think we would get to see him till the end.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen