AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-10, 21:07   Link #821
Kittie Rose

UK Anime shop?

Looking for a UK anime shop that stocks revoltech figures.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 19:57   Link #822
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
Looking for a UK anime shop that stocks revoltech figures.
if you ever find one, drop a post in here and let us know me in uk as well! and yes, anime merchandise sourcing SUCKS SO MUCH

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 14:53   Link #823
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

http://www.hobby-wave.com/DreamTech/nyu_nana/index.html

Ok, who can translate how I will never be able to get these figures?

Old 2007-12-13, 01:20   Link #824
bball_machine

Hello. I'm from Sydney, and I've been looking for a figurine of Nanami from Lamune. I found this in Animania (a convention):

http://www.yesanimation.com/latrfi1box8.html

It's a trading figure deal, and I'm not really interested in the other characters. As a result, I didn't buy it at the time. Now, I regret it a little. I visited shops, looking for the same trading figures. No luck. Anyone from Sydney who knows where I can look? Could you recommend some places to me? Doesn't matter if it doesn't have the figure I'm looking for. I'm just interested in knowing where in Sydney I can find anime figurines. Thanks heaps.
bball_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 03:32   Link #825
lxmouth

Could u guys give me any suggestion about my new present?

Hi, guys, a crazy anime fan here and wish to make friends wif u all.

I like Fate/Stay Night, Ah My goddess Bleach and some other series. I’d like to collect those cute related stuffs such as drawings, posters, games.

Last month I received a wonderful figure model which from a Chinese studio. They call it Garage Kit. Hmm, totally different from which I’ve kept before. I’ve never imaged the little girl can be so lively. Lovely eyes, smooth skin, even the small parts are very exquisite. Compare with those PVC dolls I bought, it is so realistic.

I like it so much and want to show it in my room. But the problem followed up. I dun have any experience of keeping such a “garage kit”. So, any suggestions about keeping, cleaning, or show case? And how is your option about the model?
Here’s the photo they send to me:
lxmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 10:02   Link #826
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmouth View Post
Last month I received a wonderful figure model which from a Chinese studio. They call it Garage Kit. Hmm, totally different from which I’ve kept before. I’ve never imaged the little girl can be so lively. Lovely eyes, smooth skin, even the small parts are very exquisite. Compare with those PVC dolls I bought, it is so realistic.
I'm wondering if your definition of a "garage kit" is different than mine. To me, a garage kit is an amateur-made kit - although these days, companies like Volks and B-Club do these also - of a figure, model, etc. that might need to be put together once it's bought. I've seen garage kits made of resin or PVC, and some of the kits have lots of little pieces. Many (most?) might need to be painted by the owner as well, but there can be well-made (and not so well-made) kits versus PVC figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmouth View Post
I like it so much and want to show it in my room. But the problem followed up. I dun have any experience of keeping such a “garage kit”. So, any suggestions about keeping, cleaning, or show case? And how is your option about the model?
Here’s the photo they send to me: ...
That is a very nice photo. It looks like the "Sunny Day" figure that was sold at the last winter's Wonder Festival (7,800 yen); I have a [very poor] photo of it on my mobile, but don't remember if it was a Chinese studio who made it.

Is it what you will be getting - all put together and painted? Or will you have to do the assembly and painting yourself? To protect it, I would keep it out of direct sunlight and in a showcase to keep dust off. I don't think that the figure was that big, but your image doesn't show its dimensions to make a good guess on the size of the case you will need.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2007-12-17 at 10:19.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 21:18   Link #827
lxmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Is it what you will be getting - all put together and painted? Or will you have to do the assembly and painting yourself? To protect it, I would keep it out of direct sunlight and in a showcase to keep dust off. I don't think that the figure was that big, but your image doesn't show its dimensions to make a good guess on the size of the case you will need.
Oh, thx for your information and suggestion. It is already painted and i just need to follow their instructions to assembly it.
Yes, the whole item is about 20cm, not very big. However, i would still perchase a larger show case cause maybe i would collect more goods like that^_^
Btw, LynnieS, sounds u're from Japan and so proffesional! Actually i found those things in some Japanese website and the studio also admitted they were not original. But i cannot understand Japanese words, scared..... So, could you pls list any nice wetsite, i'm very interested in it now
lxmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 11:34   Link #828
LynnieS

lxmouth - I'm a collector, and not a modeler. At least, at the moment I am anyway. A professional, I am definitely not one. As for that figure, I hadn't seen it come out as a PVC(?) figure, but there are so many that get released and can be hard to track, IMHO.

Sorry, but I don't shop at very many sites these days - unless you count Yahoo Japan's auctions. A few sites that I take a look at are the "Chara-Ani" and "Ami-Ami" ones, but I shop for new PVC figures from Amazon Japan (with free shipping ) and resin models from different shops in Akihabara and auctions. HLJ is, IMHO, very good for people buying from overseas, but shipping, since the boxes can be big, can cost. You might also have to worry about customs fees as well.

Old 2007-12-23, 08:25   Link #829
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightengale5385 View Post
I've been lusting over that figure and Suzaku since I seen them on yahoo this summer. I'm curious though about how the parts look since there are a couple more on yahoo and they're quite expensive.
I still need to take some photos of the TOMO Prepa's "Cornelia Li Britannia" ("Code Geass") resin model for you, nightengale5385, but overall, it was a good to nice model. Looking at the pieces, there were still some visible imperfections that will need to filled in and carefully buffed before painting and putting everything together. Its lines are still pretty elegant, but will just need some work before everything comes together.

The "Rei Ayanami" action figure from Revoltech came out earlier, and I picked one up. The store was offering it with a 320 yen discount off of the already low price of 2000 yen. From the front, it looks fair to good; from the back, the back of the knees part was particularly ugly with the joints, but it is, after all, an action figure. It comes with a bright metallic red Lance of Longinus (split into two parts) and 2 pairs of spare hands - just watch out that you don't lose those extra hands; they are pretty small. Quality-wise, I would rate it (mine at least) at a 5 to 6. Some of its turning points are tight, but its arms (shoulders and elbows) are rather loose and feel like an arm would fall out if you're not careful. Its paint job isn't great either with scratches and small unpainted areas, so some touch-ups might be needed. Proportion-wise, it reminds me of Volks's "Rei Ayanami" model - except Revoltech's is much, much smaller.

A new addition that arrived a month ago: The "Miura Azusa" (三浦あずさ) PVC figure from "The Idolmaster". I hadn't realized (for some stupid reason) how big the thing is, and since it's hard to find now, it's staying in its box for now till I have a place to put it; the box looks like it can fit a good-sized birthday cake. But here are a couple of photos taken from the Winter 2007 Wonder Fest that got it on my wish list (and yes, it comes with the big bouquet of flowers and little dog) - expect to pay at least 14,000 yen. I would say, at auction:

A WHF (World Hobby Festival) was held today in the Tokyo Big Sight, but I skipped it. With Comike coming up next week (too bad I'll miss most of it) and Wonder Fest in two months, saving money equals good, but will browse Yahoo Auctions to see if there are anything outstanding being offered from it. (That, and spending too much money on now deco'ed "Gundam Card Builder" cards to fill out my collection. )

Old 2007-12-24, 22:13   Link #830
zoot

WHF 17:

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: 1 2 3. The ED to that show was better than the show itself.

Hidamari Sketch
zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 14:54   Link #831
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for My Figures (just 3 of them):

is there any UK shops that sell anime figures???????????

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 23:25   Link #832
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Christmas present to myself.

Spoiler:
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:44   Link #833
ronaldhw
Otaku

photos of my figurines that I took recently

Spoiler for images:
ronaldhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 21:51   Link #834
Bud22

Well sorry if this in the wrong area. Here is my small collection. Is about Saint Seiya. I hope you guys like it. I also have some figurines Those I will put later.

Bud22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 03:14   Link #835
AnimeFanChris
Flamehaze

I got a Shana figure in the mail yesterday that is really cute.^^ Here is a pic that I'm using from a blog to show what it looks like. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8...remony2io1.jpg I have a problem though, you see there's plastic wrap underneath her skirt and I'm not sure how to go about removing the skirt and the plastic wrap. Can anyone give me some tips?

Nvm. all I had to was separate it and then I removed the plastic wrap. I love it like 100 times better now. <3

Last edited by AnimeFanChris; 2008-01-02 at 12:41. Reason: update
AnimeFanChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 13:52   Link #836
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFanChris;
I got a Shana figure in the mail yesterday that is really cute.^^ Here is a pic that I'm using from a blog to show what it looks like. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8...remony2io1.jpg I have a problem though, you see there's plastic wrap underneath her skirt and I'm not sure how to go about removing the skirt and the plastic wrap. Can anyone give me some tips?

Nvm. all I had to was separate it and then I removed the plastic wrap. I love it like 100 times better now. <3
that Shana figure is so cute! ^_^
Old 2008-01-02, 23:01   Link #837
Bud22

I also like the Shana figure.
Old 2008-01-03, 01:13   Link #838
Kyuu
=^^=

http://www.akibablog.net/archives/20...hi-071231.html

This Haruhi figurine is a god-send.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 15:20   Link #839
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

zomg.. thats like Human-size?

Need it!

Old 2008-01-03, 18:08   Link #840
Bud22

Whoa that thing is big. I wonder how much they cost?If they sell those?