AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 43 14.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 4.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 8.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 42 14.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 26 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 4.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 19 6.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 16 5.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 2.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 85 29.41%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-07, 15:14   Link #501
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
How about this time..

-Yuki let's Kyon buy her a mask.
-Haruhi asks Yuki "What's up with the mask?"
-"Kyon bought it for me."

HARUHI RAGE!!!!!
I like this idea!

Haruhi going berseker would be something worth watching.
Old 2009-07-07, 17:43   Link #502
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hmm, that sounds great. I want "nice boat" style graphic violence, even if you repeat that for a few episodes.
Old 2009-07-07, 19:25   Link #503
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StRyKeR View Post
I do agree that I had the strongest urge to just fast-forward through the latest ep, but I did get something new out of the episode.

I am inclined to think that many of you are missing realizations you could be making had you suspended your beliefs that this episode was a KyoAni epic troll. The first two times in Endless Eight, I had different ideas about what Kyon should do and why the world keeps repeating this way. By the third time I saw the episode, I learned something about his character. He simply does not like taking the initiative, wanting the "other me" take care of the situation.

Maybe this realization could have come as a result of me simply rewatching episodes (rewatch appeal) rather than being forced to rewatch. Nevertheless, I do find some artistic appeal to it and that I got something new out of it. Maybe later on other people will realize small foreshadowings / differences among these episodes and it will no longer be treated as an epic troll attempt by KyoAni.
Interesting justification (though I realised that a while ago thanks mainly to forums like this)

/EDIT A trip down the river yandare would be the point where I stop watching Haruhi, thanks.
Old 2009-07-07, 20:23   Link #504
47drift
Haruhiist and Konataist

Send a message via MSN to 47drift
What's hilarious is that, though several here are upset that it's Endless Eight again, we all watched this episode from start to finish. What's even better is that now that we've seen it this many times, we're going to watch the next episode as well with twice the anticipation of this one. KyoAni has really reeled us in this time. No one can resist watching a new episode hoping it's not more Endless Eight, and as soon as it airs, even if it is Endless Eight again, we'll be watching the whole thing waiting for something to change.

Well played, KyoAni. Well played.
Old 2009-07-07, 20:30   Link #505
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Are you playing a version of "Spot the Differences"? Or are you looking for Waldo?
Probably both. If I ignore the fact that KyoAni is trolling us, and start comparing the two different storyboards enough, it's kinda like listening to a song, then listening to a cover version of it. 15,500 times.

I'm weird and smoke too much.
Old 2009-07-08, 01:00   Link #506
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Kyon plz stand still and let me nuke you.

And that makes 2 episodes of Kyon standing still XD
Old 2009-07-08, 01:28   Link #507
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Hmm, that sounds great. I want "nice boat" style graphic violence, even if you repeat that for a few episodes.
That reminds me of what happened when Haruhi waltzed onto this episode wearing that hat.
My first thought was "Nice Hat" (with that pattern of capitalisation).
Old 2009-07-08, 04:12   Link #508
bubbathemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47drift View Post
What's hilarious is that, though several here are upset that it's Endless Eight again, we all watched this episode from start to finish.
Not really. I watched the first 3min just to think "jesus not this sh*** again", then fast forwarded to the end to see if Kyon would move his ass out of the chair in the café. Didn't happen.

First post btw, I've been lurking for a while but I had to scream some RAAAGE somewhere.
Old 2009-07-08, 06:40   Link #509
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbathemaster View Post
Not really. I watched the first 3min just to think "jesus not this sh*** again", then fast forwarded to the end to see if Kyon would move his ass out of the chair in the café. Didn't happen.

First post btw, I've been lurking for a while but I had to scream some RAAAGE somewhere.
If you don't have to spend 30 mins to watch this, then your RAAAGE (with triple A) must come from the lack of weekly Haruhi dose then, not from the Ep xD
Old 2009-07-08, 06:42   Link #510
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If you don't have to spend 30 mins to watch this, then your RAAAGE (with triple A) must come from the lack of weekly Haruhi dose then, not from the Ep xD
LOL, if you're gonna use the junkie argument, I can easily turn that around
Old 2009-07-08, 07:52   Link #511
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

It seems like most of the Haruhi fanbase is raging again
Old 2009-07-08, 09:11   Link #512
mitsuganae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOS Dan SlaveMonkey View Post
It seems like most of the Haruhi fanbase is raging again
All your fanbase are belong to us!

There, I said the painfully obvious. You may now shoot me.
Old 2009-07-08, 09:50   Link #513
OkamiNoKaze

For those of you that came into the series late like I did, (I only had to wait a couple months for new episodes), Were you also feeling this RAGE!!!? I could be wrong but I think it's ones that had to wait that 3 years or more for new ones that feel it the most. I never felt anger at this episode but there was a sense of despair. I also think if people take this storyline collectively rather then as seperate episodes. With the exception having speading this out to episodes rather then going in one like some shows with this type of story, it's still following a similar pattern, normal day, then loop, find out their in loop, still loop, this can repeat a couple times, they figure it out and get out of the loop. that aside, yeah there was a loss of animation, but aside from the still shots, I really didn't notice until it was pointed out and I watched the episode a second time.
Old 2009-07-08, 10:26   Link #514
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I regret forgetting about this and then have to watch three episodes one after another because by the end of it I just felt like I wasted 40 minutes of my life watching the same episode 3 times over. Soon to be 4 times and perhaps a 5th time if the next episode doesn't sort itself out. "Why the hell am I watching this s**t" is what came across my mind and that is a question I still don't have an answer for.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-08, 11:31   Link #515
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Hmmm, it sounds like I'm one the the 1% that actually understands why KyoAni is doing this.

I don't like it, but I understand it, and I accept it.
Old 2009-07-08, 11:54   Link #516
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Hmmm, it sounds like I'm one the the 1% that actually understands why KyoAni is doing this.

I don't like it, but I understand it, and I accept it.
We will all be at this point by the end of September, after Disappearance either airs or... disappears.
Old 2009-07-08, 13:39   Link #517
calorie

Actually I didn't mind watching this even though I'd anticipated Kyon won't be doing anything like saying "I love you" to Haruhi on that rooftop while they were stargazing or stopping her in the cafe. After all, the shots aren't recycled and the animation/art/setting is relaxing and a joy to look at.

Please excuse me if I'm not that well informed or up-to-date on this discussion but could it be that there will be eight episodes of this time loop thing? Or does the "Endless Eight" stand for something else? Maybe this whole season 2 in-between-the-reairing is a sort of spoof and the season 2 has yet to come?
Old 2009-07-08, 13:58   Link #518
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

In my guess, 8 is the same symbol of infinity (when turn 90 degrees), so i don't think there would be 8 eps

It could meant something else through, as i haven't read the novel yet

@npal: go ahead, i won't mind to be lectured as long as it not gonna too off topic xD
Old 2009-07-08, 14:16   Link #519
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Takes place in August. August is the 8th month of the year. Endless August = Endless Eight.

Apart from that, I think it may have been called that because you can write it like this:

∞8

Which looks cool.
Old 2009-07-08, 14:24   Link #520
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
In my guess, 8 is the same symbol of infinity (when turn 90 degrees), so i don't think there would be 8 eps

It could meant something else through, as i haven't read the novel yet

@npal: go ahead, i won't mind to be lectured as long as it not gonna too off topic xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Takes place in August. August is the 8th month of the year. Endless August = Endless Eight.

Apart from that, I think it may have been called that because you can write it like this:

∞8

Which looks cool.
That certainly makes more sense, I reckoned the meaning wasn't so blunt. Eight episodes would be pretty excruciating.
Closed Thread