Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-08-14, 00:40   Link #4041
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So do you have to depend on crit? Cause i don't think i can run down that 400 hp like this
You need units with very high night battle power. You are dealing with that 160 flipping armor of BBH's. BBs that aren't Yamato won't be able to hit through that armor for significant damage. You need like 180 power to be able to do proper damage. And even then there's a disturbing chance of grazing.

You need CLTs and CAs and their torpedo stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Welp, time to sparkle up the girls and send them on Baux runs then. Think 130 buckets (+The usual 5-10 a day you pick up via quests and whatnot) can see me through?

I've got 18k bauxite right now, and I've knocked 2 gauges off of E-3. I've got between 18-20k of everything else too.
The buckets are a bit tight for lasting til E5 but you should be able to make it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually I was using the usual 4CV, 2BB 1st fleet, 1CL, 3DD, 2CA support fleet setup. The only thing I changed was I swapped out Yasen for Ooyodo (because I was gaming the fleet averages mwahahaha).
Interesting, I used the almost exact same composition (CAVs instead of CAs) but I was never able to hit node B. Mind telling your full composition?
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 00:49   Link #4042
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Mind telling your full composition?
Give me a few minutes with SAI. Might as well as I'm waiting for fatigue to go away anyway.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

BBV equips: 46cm, 41mm, 2 planes
CV equips: Ryuusei or Ryuusei Kai, 2x Reppu, Saiun each

Ooyodo equip: 15.5cm yellow, 12.7cm green, plane
DDs: 10cm HA, 12.7cm, radar
CAs: 20cm x2, Sanshiki, plane

EDIT: AND I GOT ROUTED SOUTH AGAIN!

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-08-14 at 01:01.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 01:00   Link #4043
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ Oooh, I see now. It's the BBV

I just checked wikiwiki again, BBV in the 1st fleet = random chance for both A and B
Old 2014-08-14, 01:09   Link #4044
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
You're going to waste a lot of resources doing it. If you're using the southern route it's probably impossible unless your CAs are seriously high level.

Edit: I just talked to a friend of mine who cleared it at admiral level 54. He said he needed a support fleet and Type 3s to do sufficient damage.
... Well shit. I'm around 55 and my fleet are rather unbalanced - the ones I bother to train are really high while the other sat around at 1x at best. Looks like I'll have to get Type 3 then.

I'm going for northern route though, so what's the best set up for the fleet shipwise?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 01:17   Link #4045
Cyprene

Dunno, I ran screaming in terror from the northern route. Seriously, screw that thing.

I would say your best option is to look for Type-3s. They're not that hard to find, and I'm pretty sure their drop rate is upped for the duration of the event. (I have no evidence of this at all but it's a gut feeling.)
Sparkle your ships and run expedition 8 over and over again. Do your dailies. Set a BB as your flagship and do 10/90/90/30 until you get the supplies you need.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 01:20   Link #4046
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Wow, E3 really does eat 500 bauxite a run. Sheesh.
Are E-4 and E-5 just as bad?
oh damn
I only have 7000 and I just started E2

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 01:30   Link #4047
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I dunno guys, the south route just loves me:

Oh, and an interesting observation I've found -- the moment a SINGLE member of your 1st fleet gets dropped to orange, you get routed to the SW dead end node.

EDIT: Also LOL at this Tweet reply.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-08-14 at 01:49.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 01:36   Link #4048
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Hi guys. Now starting E3. I have taken the pain to level another Kitakami just for MI, and I must say that she's friggin' nuts. KTKM-sama was born to be a boss slayer... 
(Edit: I'll have Sanshikidan on the Tones for E4.)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 02:37   Link #4049
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
You need units with very high night battle power. You are dealing with that 160 flipping armor of BBH's. BBs that aren't Yamato won't be able to hit through that armor for significant damage. You need like 180 power to be able to do proper damage. And even then there's a disturbing chance of grazing.

You need CLTs and CAs and their torpedo stats.
Let just say... once you go KTKM (and Ooi+2 CA) , you will never go back

This is ridiculous, they are murdering the E-6 boss out there while Yamato herself barely could score a scratch. Not sure how they gonna fare with 2 boss through, but still... I means just now both Haguro and one of my CV was hit to orange before boss and i thought i will be lucky to chip boss hp this time. But then KTKM was like "lol, step back, let me do it" *boom S-rank*

And is there anything special about a Tenyuu dropping from S-rank of E-6? I means the only drops i got from E-6 so far has been Tenyuu (x2) and Tatsuta
Old 2014-08-14, 02:56   Link #4050
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Somebody actually went off with 3x CLT lineup for E6 and succeeded. I am thinking that I may want go go at it using that method. Their lineup was 3xCLT 1xCVB 2xCVL

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-08-14, 02:59   Link #4051
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

AND E-4 CLEAR.

Images

For double irony, my last run came from the South. Again.

Images

And spreadsheet:

>_> Them drops though. Kumano and Hayashimo.
Old 2014-08-14, 03:45   Link #4052
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I gave Klashikari's comments about the lack of rewards some more thought, and I do agree about feeling a bit burned about the rewards in this event, especially with the way how E1 and E2 have been. The amount of preparation that have gone into this event would have suggested that the decision to limit rewards was deliberate, and that the event was setup to be difficult for the sake of the challenge. Reason being why I would think this way is because of the fact that kai2 actually gives the level of hardware that you can get from the Midway event, and that everybody knows of the fact that we are getting mostly DDs here.

Old 2014-08-14, 04:04   Link #4053
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

E-5 cleared. I used mostly Lantern's ship and equipment setup and the rest was RNG.

E-3 was a breeze aside from some LOS issue, which was easily solved by equipment. I should be heading back there to farm for kiyoshimo and do some whaling attempts.

E-4 was a mostly compass trolling along the north path until I replaced a CV (Souryuu) with a CAV (Suzuya).

With most of the current feedback for E-6, I am expecting a ride which will test your sanity.

Current resources:
Fuel 96k
Ammo 106k
Steel 290k
Bax 87k
Buckets 1107

I need some feedback for fleet composition. My current untagged high level ships are:
Nagato kai lvl 113
Yamato kai lvl 97
KTKM kai ni lvl 92
Kongou kai ni lvl 90
Taihou kai lvl 90
Mutsu kai lvl 88
Zuikaku kai lvl 82
Shoukaku lvl 80
RJ kai ni lvl 81

Am I good to go for E-6?
Old 2014-08-14, 04:06   Link #4054
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ You might have a decent chance using KTKM, Yamato, Nagato + 2CV + 1CV(L) if you don't have another CVL for the 2CVL/damecon strategy. Some players that I know are using that composition with success.

Your fuel might be a little tight, mostly for the final kill. I spent about 40k myself with LUCK as I sunk BBH's final form the first time I fought her, which saved me about half what I expected to burn. So spam that fuel expedition.
Old 2014-08-14, 05:37   Link #4055
Kakurin
大佐

About the rewards, I wonder if the devs are holding Shinano back for a fall event. She was completed (and sunk) in November 1944, so it could be an idea to have her ready for her 70th (note here that Unryuu was commissioned 6 August 1944). Although I do wonder what role they would give her, if they included her. Because the Japanese intended for her to be a support carrier and not a fleet carrier (a role she wouldn't have suited by the way, not enough capacity with only 40-50 aircraft and not enough speed with 27 knots).

And speaking of rewards, they are kind of running out of IJN capital ships here. Aside from the Unryuu-class carriers Amagi and Katsuragi they are all in the game. Left would be some CVLs, CLs and a load of DDs. So I personally think (despite the American naming of the aircraft) the devs will be forced to include RN or USN ships sooner or later. They are the only navies with enough capital ships to keep the cycle going. In terms of German ships there are practically only three capital ones left.
Old 2014-08-14, 05:50   Link #4056
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
What about the U-boots? U96 and U123 would be nice as kanmusus. One became a movie star and the other eventually turned French (like a sub version of Bep). I also say that because the Orel runs are becoming a little lonely for I-19, I-58, I-8 and I-168, and also I-401 for the few lucky.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 06:55   Link #4057
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
What about the U-boots? U96 and U123 would be nice as kanmusus. One became a movie star and the other eventually turned French (like a sub version of Bep). I also say that because the Orel runs are becoming a little lonely for I-19, I-58, I-8 and I-168, and also I-401 for the few lucky.
Hmm, talking about U-boats the type XXIs would have some flair. If we are talking about ships I would like to see as Kanmusus, for Germany it would be Prinz Eugen (would make for a nice interaction with Bismarck) and Scharnhorst. For the RN HMS Hood (very nice design), HMS Vanguard (the last battleship ever completed) and HMS Ark Royal.
Old 2014-08-14, 07:31   Link #4058
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

By the way, our boy Motsu has hit the loli hime.

Impressive for a level 34 Admiral. o3o
Old 2014-08-14, 07:42   Link #4059
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

E-6 is a pain in the ass...

As in every node can, and probably will, hit one of your ship red. And damage and LOS are so crucial that you can't spare room for damcon

You literally is in mercy of RNG-sama
Old 2014-08-14, 07:59   Link #4060
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Beginner friendly event? Yeah right....
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls