Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 03:59   Link #1161
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
^
Yes theres absolutely no reason for Kidd not to get backstory anytime soon. I mean, Maka has a bit, Soul has his brother, and Black Star and Tsubaki are probably the most developed characters besides Chrona. If the manga ends and we still dont know how shinigami reproduce, ill pee in a sea of piss.

Oh and the sisters too. Sure we know they're from the streets, but theres obviously a reason as to why, amirite?
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 04:11   Link #1162
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

There HAS to be a reason, otherwise it's poor character creation. I really hope the next chapter has something to do with Shinigami-sama's past, Kid's creation or the Thompson Twins. I love them so.
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 07:47   Link #1163
BelovedSong

I'm also agree, we know something about every other main character, but nothing about Kid's past or why Patti and Liz ended like that, I also want to know if Kid will gain his Daddys form in the future (I really hope not .__. but I think it's very possible...) or Shinigami has a human form >>'' (please Okhubo, don't let Kid become a black blanket)
BelovedSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 10:43   Link #1164
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Koto:

Ooh, maybe you should show those fics. Most of us have seen worse, most likely. And you'd be pretty used to it if you're in the YGO fandom.

@Sponge:

I agree, lol. This is all Ohkubo's fault, we should complain, XD. J/k.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 13:18   Link #1165
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post
If the manga ends and we still dont know how shinigami reproduce, ill pee in a sea of piss.
If we don't get backstory in at least the next few chapters I will drown myself in that sea of piss.

And excuse my randomness but, what is in that mirror of shinigami's anyway?? A new dimension? Peewee's playland? A fabulous death techno bar? That would explain why he's so cheerful. Now we know what Kid feels like. angst.
Spongefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 19:20   Link #1166
Grin
The Mad One

Yeah if we wait another month just to get more "I'm an angel, love me" crap from Maka, I'll quite willingly drown myself in piss. D;

Um, a death tehcno bar, that actually sounds rather awesome.
Grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 23:32   Link #1167
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe Shinigami hides his true body in the mirror and acts through a puppet (what we see).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 14:23   Link #1168
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Ellif: Thats....actually a pretty good idea O_o. It'd be interesting if it was the case...
Old 2009-07-14, 16:59   Link #1169
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

I also agree that Kidd and the Thompson sisters need a bit more backstory. They have a lot of potential. I would say that it'd be cool for Kidd's past and the sisters' pasts to be shown together somewhat in the way that Black*Star and Tsubaki's were... but it doesn't seem likely since they're kinda far apart.
I wish Shinigami-sama would respond a little more or a little differently. Mostly right now he's more of a figure that only tells people what to do. I know he can't leave Death City, but I'd kinda like to see him do something.
I'm somewhat confused about what exactly Kidd is. He's the son of Shinigami. Does that make Kidd a Shinigami? Free and Noah both referred to him as though that were true. It seems that Shinigami-sama's duty is to keep the world protected, particularly the humans.
I think the answer lies in what exactly Kidd's soul is like. We know that there are distinctions between human souls, witch souls, etc. What about Kidd? Does he have a hybrid soul or is he just a young Shinigami?
My best guess is that the form doesn't matter. What matters is the soul. (Wink, nudge.) So Kidd may have the soul of a shinigami but a form that resembles a human. Methinks the major difference between Shinigami-sama and his son is what they look like. I could really use some backstory to help answer some questions.
Long post..
My thoughts on Shinigami-sama's mirror. He uses it to contact people, so it's obviously it's a form of communication. Other people can use it to contact him similarly to a telephone. My wild guess of an explanation is that it's one of Eibon's demon tools.
Old 2009-07-14, 17:24   Link #1170
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Orange: I agree and that thing about the souls does sound plausible. Now that you mention it, it would be rather interesting if Kid was actually a hybrid Shinigami of some sort.

And the mirror as one of Eibon's tools? Sounds interesting....
Old 2009-07-14, 18:55   Link #1171
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Maybe Shinigami hides his true body in the mirror and acts through a puppet (what we see).
I actually thought the same thing once XD good question.. However, that brings us back to the other confusing question of whether or not Shinigami-sama even has a human form. I personally think he does, since IIRC Mosquito mentioned what he knew about Kid's lines in one chapter, I mean how could he know that if he hadn't seen it before? Ah, it's fun to ponder! :D

But, seriously if he does have a human form everyone is going to be super pissed if he's not some kind of gank'd up bishie character that's like.. Kid x800. Wait, no... no, I mean like Sebastian Michaelis + Kidx800 + Jesus which would = Bishie gank'd up fangirl/boy/every-living-creature epic hell-fire explosion hott or something. Which could possibly burn our eyes out due to our unworthiness to view that spectacle of shear Godliness.... Yup. And it would be hardcore if he had a mental illness too! FULL-BODY-TOURETTES, ANYONE? Yeah, I'm awful, I know.
Long post I think, sorry :o

Last edited by Spongefan1; 2009-07-14 at 21:46.
Spongefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 19:08   Link #1172
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Kidd has been referred to as a Shinigami in other parts of the story as well. But we haven't seen any other Shinigami which begs the question of who was Kidd's mother. Human? Weapon? Witch? Actually, I wonder what happens in a union between a human and a with or a weapon and a witch, we've seen Maka and she seems normal, but we still don't even know that much about weapons. Someone has 'splaining to do...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 20:29   Link #1173
BelovedSong

To Spongefan1: Oh! it is true! I didn't remember that Mosquito said that about Kid's lines! Maybe he saw Shinigami's human form? I mean, he said "and the Sanzu lines are still incomplete" so, that means that he saw them completed? when Shinigami-sama wasn't trapped in Death City he tried to kill Arachne so maybe Mosquito was there somewhere...buff but again, in the flash backs Shinigami was in his "black blanket" form...oh I dunno, Okhubo, give us some info about shinigamis >>'

Last edited by BelovedSong; 2009-07-14 at 20:39.
BelovedSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 20:37   Link #1174
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Ohkubo has a lot of things to explain, and he can take his sweet time to explain them. If it prolongs the manga, I'm all for it!
Old 2009-07-14, 22:34   Link #1175
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
^
i agree. Sure we want to know a lot of things, and i know its stressful waiting once a month for a chapter, but the longer he takes his time, the more we dont have to worry about the manga ending anytime soon :3

and as for Shinigami-sama's human form.. i seriously hope so. And if he does, it BETTER be bishiefied Kid x 9000. I dont want Kidd to have to turn into a big giant black cloak in a mask permanently either ;__;

And im all up for Kidd being a hybrid shinigami of some sort, as long as it involves angst in one way or another *o*
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 10:39   Link #1176
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Kid + angst = awesome? XD
Old 2009-07-15, 13:55   Link #1177
Krishina
The beat of the SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Kid + angst = awesome? XD
Indeed! \o/

Anyway, I also hope that Ohkubo will give us some background info on Kid and shinigamis in general. How do shinigami reproduce? Why did Shinigami have a kid in the first place? Is there a reason that Kid resembles Asura somewhat, or is that a coincidence/red herring? Did Kid ever have a mother, and if he did, who is she and what happened to her? What's Shinigami's connection to Eibon? There's so much stuff that I hope is elaborated upon in future chapters.

Shinigami having a human form would be sweet, since I also don't want Kid to turn into a clone of his father. XD; Although I have a hard time imagining what he would look like. Yes, an adult bishie version of Kid would be hot, but it just doesn't click with Shinigami in my mind. ;

I rather like that puppet theory ellifeedn posted. It actually seems plausible...

Current Anime/Manga: One Piece - Soul Eater - Fullmetal Alchemist - Fairy Tail - Haruhi Suzumiya - Umineko
Krishina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 17:26   Link #1178
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

The idea of Shinigami-sama having a human form is a cool one. I don't know how plausible we can consider it now. I think Okhubo plans to keep him as one of the more mysterious characters for a bit. Still, it'd be great to get to know a bit more about him. He's definitely been seen to show some kick-awesomery in the past.... (see page seven of chapter 26)
---
Question. What of Stein's battle with insanity? In chapters 61, 62, and 63, it seems as though it's no longer an issue. Has he recovered? Why? My guess is that it's due to him hanging out with Marie and her calming wavelength so much. I hope this is clarified in the upcoming chapters, but judging from what has recently been released, he's no longer facing insanity like he was before he was blamed for murdering Buttataki Joe.

Last edited by Orangejellosphere; 2009-07-17 at 18:39.
Orangejellosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 19:08   Link #1179
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

tears of sadness of how long the wait is for a chapter T_T and I so didn't expect Justin to be a traitor o_o
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 23:47   Link #1180
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Wow, um. So I kinda ship Maka/Kidd, but I know it's total crack and I don't take it seriously at all. But what was with Kidd's huge outburst when he heard they were planning to hurt her? Did I miss something? I didn't realize they were even friends, let alone close enough for him to get psycho upset like that.

I don't read the translations (I only read RAWS) but he essentially told them

Spoiler for for people who haven't read it yet.:

MEGA rage, coming from the usually super calm and collected Kidd. WTF?
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen