AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 07:50   Link #1501
BelovedSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
but hasn't Kid on individual missions put on a cloak and skull (mask) that basically make his appearace into exactly the same style as Shinigami-sama?
Yes, he looks like his father, but the thing that bothers me is that Shinigami-sama’s “head” was partially “blown” during his battle against Asura and there wasn’t blood or flesh, that’s why I think that is possible that he hasn’t a human form…he is a god of death after all…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
Kid's mother is one of the other eight warriors from 800 (was it 800?) years ago
As you said, the problem is that no human can live that much…that theory could be possible if Shinigami has really a human form and his sentimental partner wasn’t human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamden
I agree that the importance of the Sanzu lines are an indicator that Shinigami-sama has a humanoid form underneath the cloak, like Kid
Has or had…Kid said that the Brew had awaken the “shinigami powers” of his body, so maybe, when his lines are completed and his power fully released, changes will happen to it?
Aggg, but I’m also impatient to know more about Shinigami’s nature and specially Kid’s past and his “birth” :S we already had a BS/Tsubaki development and a lot of S/M, but we know nothing about Kid or why the sisters were living in the streets and what happened to their family…

Quote:
Did it happen to be this interview?
Unfortunately no -,- it was one with a picture where Maka, Liz and Patti appeared, but I can’t find it…

Quote:
Oh, and food for thought;
http://www.onemanga.com/Soul_Eater/13/22/
I think that if Kid were to ever be pushed into a Kishin-induced insanity, he'd probably try and create "the perfect, tidy world".
I would love to see a insane!Kid! it would be very interesting...and I had the hope that Noah would brainwash Kid to use him…but it’s impossible -_- Noah only uses Kid for bondage sessions lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejellosphere
I'd also like to add that the souls of Death the Kid and Shinigami-sama are similar (as in when they are seen), but not in all ways.
Maybe because Kid is not a full shinigami he has the SL in the shape of his soul, his father has some weird spikes maybe because he has his SL completed and they adopted that form (they’re three spikes for the three lines)

Another thing that bothers me is that nobody seems astonished with Kid's appearance taking into account what is he and how his father looks, maybe they know that Shinigami has another form? that Kid will transform into "that" and they accept it because is a shinigami's nature/destiny?

This is giving me a headache :S
BelovedSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 17:08   Link #1502
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

I think what it comes down to is this:
Shinigami doesn't look like a human, and his body isn't like that of a human.
Death the Kid has the appearance of a young human. He bleeds and is more or less like a human made of stronger stuff. Apparently, Death the Kid wouldn't get a sunburn.

Death the Kid and Shinigami-sama are both shinigami, but their forms are radically different. The reason why is unknown, and maybe not important. Still, I really hope that we get some amount of backstory on Death the Kid and the Thompson Sisters soon.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:13   Link #1503
R-Otaku
Who needs a picture?

It's pretty well established by this point that Shinigami-sama is at the very least, hundreds of years old. Since Kid is physically around school age it's pretty easy to assume that he ages (and we already know that he has no power to change his appearance). While there's really no information on the actual rate at which a Shinigami ages it's perfectly plausible that Shinigami-sama's body just expired and that he is able to carry on perfectly well without it because of the strength of his soul.
R-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 19:36   Link #1504
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Otaku View Post
It's pretty well established by this point that Shinigami-sama is at the very least, hundreds of years old. Since Kid is physically around school age it's pretty easy to assume that he ages (and we already know that he has no power to change his appearance). While there's really no information on the actual rate at which a Shinigami ages it's perfectly plausible that Shinigami-sama's body just expired and that he is able to carry on perfectly well without it because of the strength of his soul.
That's a really good explanation for how Shinigami-sama and Death the Kid are both Shinigami but not similar in appearance.
Old 2009-10-05, 21:33   Link #1505
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Hmm, the body of the god of death is dead, there is a nice symmetry to that.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 08:35   Link #1506
BelovedSong

Quote:
While there's really no information on the actual rate at which a Shinigami ages it's perfectly plausible that Shinigami-sama's body just expired and that he is able to carry on perfectly well without it because of the strength of his soul.
That's a great theory! and very plausible yes~
Old 2009-10-06, 22:23   Link #1507
ellifeedn
Thinker

So Shinigami is a ghost?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 19:39   Link #1508
I'monaboat

Lol ^^^^

anyways...just a few days now guys...
Old 2009-10-07, 20:25   Link #1509
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
yeah only 3 days. New chapter comes out on the 10th this month :3
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:31   Link #1510
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
The question is when did his body expire? I'd say it was around the time he created Shibusen because that's when he affixed his soul around the seal of Asura. I'd even say he went as far as discarding his body because he had no more use to it. Where would he go with it anyways? So that part makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that if he discarded his body, how did he have an offspring? Without a body, he couldn't possibly spread his seed, which still leaves a question mark.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 11:11   Link #1511
I'monaboat

Guys the raw is out.
Old 2009-10-08, 13:09   Link #1512
BelovedSong

I just have seen the raw of the chap 66
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-08, 14:11   Link #1513
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Spoiler for Chapter 66:
Old 2009-10-08, 19:17   Link #1514
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Spoiler for 66:
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:16   Link #1515
I'monaboat

I want translations now lol!
Old 2009-10-09, 19:06   Link #1516
R-Otaku
Who needs a picture?

Spoiler for 66:
R-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 22:54   Link #1517
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well that was a pretty bad ass chapter from Kilik, all James Bond/Bourne-esque

Altho gotta say that only Kid should be the only person to handle the Thompson sisters but this way they are still with the action

and as Tamad says kinda reminds you of Resi Evil 5
Old 2009-10-10, 23:03   Link #1518
ellifeedn
Thinker

The clown is what Stephen King's It should have looked like.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 00:28   Link #1519
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Great chapter. This shed some light on some of the earliest experiments that Medusa carried out before moving on to the Black Blood. Great action too. Kim mentioning Black*Star makes me wonder if he's perhaps somewhere in the vicinity. It would be really cool to see him fight "It" and show what he's picked up since his fight with Mifune. Since he's been training with Stein, I hope he's learned quite a few things on wavelength manipulation.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 08:43   Link #1520
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well that was a pretty bad ass chapter from Kilik, all James Bond/Bourne-esque

Altho gotta say that only Kid should be the only person to handle the Thompson sisters but this way they are still with the action

and as Tamad says kinda reminds you of Resi Evil 5
Kilik was cool with having the gun holsters and all. I'm surprised he was able to use the Thompson sisters so well. I guess they trained or something.

Are Thunder and Fire girls too?

Tags
shounen