Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-28, 15:43   Link #681
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I have to break this to you guys and gals. Lir and Sui have become twins!
O_O .... didn't see that one coming. Did they become twins?? or, have they been twins this whole time and we are just now learning it? ^_^

Also, I hope everyone does well on their exams! 3 more to go for me! \^o^/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
To be honest, unless some seriously unexpected twist happens, I don't see why Ferris should use the God Devourer on Ryner, considering Ryner Reed doesn't seem to be a bad person and Alpha is gone for good. So, unless Ryner somehow manages to end up with the other portion (i.e. Eris Reed) and it happens to have some really wicked, murderous side we don't know of (other than Lucile's current personality, which is rather weird, considering we've seen Ryner Eris Reed and he seemed pretty much the same as Ryner Reed), then I don't see what could happen.

It could be that Sion's plans go into fruition with the whole thing about the truth and whatnot, and this happens to fuck Ryner up that Ferris ends up trying to use the God Devourer. But well, who knows?

In the end, Lieral gave Ferris that ability after Ryner got rid of Alpha. So, there must be a reason behind that.
So, Used Can have you postulated how you think the story might end?? ^_^

Last edited by Tennyo777; 2011-04-28 at 17:25.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 20:30   Link #682
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyo777 View Post
O_O .... didn't see that one coming. Did they become twins?? or, have they been twins this whole time and we are just now learning it? ^_^
the later, though Kagami himself just "found out" as well. well, I didn't have time to read the entire flood of tweets and trace back to where it began, but it seemed like a setting for something, probably a back story somewhere.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 23:13   Link #683
Used Can

By the way, has anyone already mentioned vol.10 is coming out on May 20th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyo777 View Post
So, Used Can have you postulated how you think the story might end?? ^_^
To be honest, I cannot shake the feeling that Ryner will die. I do think he'll manage to save Sion.
Old 2011-04-29, 08:29   Link #684
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:

To be honest, I cannot shake the feeling that Ryner will die. I do think he'll manage to save Sion.
That would be a terrible ending..But I think he will to. One of those, save the world sacrifice yourself things.

Personally I would say F the world and go on living..but that's just me.
Old 2011-04-29, 10:47   Link #685
Used Can

The problem here is that saying fuck to the world in this case is rather literal. Since, Sion/Asruld's plan pretty much involves its destruction (yet again). And as long as Sion keeps following this plan, Rephal and his group will keep hunting eye bearers, for whatever plan he's got to counter Sion's.

So, even if he stops fighting them, they'll keep on going after him - Sion because he needs the Lonely Demon, and Rephal to get his Alpha Stigma.
Old 2011-04-29, 17:56   Link #686
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
That would be a terrible ending..But I think he will to. One of those, save the world sacrifice yourself things.

Personally I would say F the world and go on living..but that's just me.

So you both think Ryner will die? =(

Why do you think he will die? Just a feeling?? o.o
Old 2011-04-29, 18:03   Link #687
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Quote:
The problem here is that saying fuck to the world in this case is rather literal. Since, Sion/Asruld's plan pretty much involves its destruction (yet again). And as long as Sion keeps following this plan, Rephal and his group will keep hunting eye bearers, for whatever plan he's got to counter Sion's.

So, even if he stops fighting them, they'll keep on going after him - Sion because he needs the Lonely Demon, and Rephal to get his Alpha Stigma.
Along this train of thought....Wouldn't one of the easiest ways for Ryner to save Sion be to prove to Asruld that he isn't just destruction incarnate?? o.o <-----just my thoughts.

I wonder what Rephal would do now that Ryner doesn't have Alpha Stigma?? \^o^/
Old 2011-04-30, 00:25   Link #688
Used Can

If I remember correctly, Ryner lost his Alpha Stigma to Lir. So, I'm sure Rephal should know about it.

However, Ryner getting a power-up because of that shouldn't be good news to him.
Old 2011-04-30, 10:28   Link #689
zgmfx09a

Kind of bored, so took a photograph of the manga page with Iluna, since kiengagon asked about her.

She is a real beauty, ain't she? Even when she is crying.

Spoiler for Iluna:
zgmfx09a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 10:40   Link #690
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Hey all! Is book 10 coming out on the 20th of this month?? Did I read that right?? And, oh my the cover art! XD

Spoiler for Book 10:

Last edited by Tennyo777; 2011-05-03 at 12:22.
Old 2011-05-10, 00:59   Link #691
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Okay, update after months! Sion Note vol. 5 is up, enjoy your (not so monthly anymore) dose of homolust.

Ryner Eris Reed is a bit crazy from his loneliness. You'll have to learn to expect some dissonant serenity from him in the next few volumes.

Asruld: GARRH RAGE RAGE I CAN'T DIE HERE FFFFFFUUU
RER: ....?

Asruld: *gurgles blood*
RER: Pretty *___________*

Not sure when I can get vol. 6-7 up, but I'll try. I'm on a less hectic schedule now, but I'll be gone for the entirety of next week for a Vietnam trip, so we'll see.

Also, anyone up for a super weighting of Denyuuden for the lulz? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperWeight

I feel like we'll get a hyper lottery weight inflation with all those hackers in Denyuuden.

Level -1: Kids in Denyuuden. Seriously. They drop like flies. Probably Ene as well since pretty much all her senses are dead.
Level 0: Random soldiers, I guess? Toale, Kiefer, Noa
Level 1: Ferris, Iris, Luke, Sion, Calne
Level 2: Anyone with a Rhule Fragmei, Ryner Lute, Zohra Rom, Claugh Klom, Tiir, Milk
Level 3: Anyone with multiple rhule fragmei, Goddesses, Pia, Asruld Roland, Relx Eris
Level 4: Priests, Ryner Reed, Eris Reed(by extension Lucile, I guess?), Lieral Lieutolu
Level 5: Ryner Eris Reed

Last edited by Defade; 2011-05-10 at 01:22.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 05:23   Link #692
Zakoo

Maaah ... I can't understand a thing and there are no wikia to help to understand. Eris ? Reed ? Gnéééé ?

I curse myself for not being able to read japenese.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 06:15   Link #693
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Okay, update after months! Sion Note vol. 5 is up, enjoy your (not so monthly anymore) dose of homolust.

Ryner Eris Reed is a bit crazy from his loneliness. You'll have to learn to expect some dissonant serenity from him in the next few volumes.

Asruld: GARRH RAGE RAGE I CAN'T DIE HERE FFFFFFUUU
RER: ....?

Asruld: *gurgles blood*
RER: Pretty *___________*

Not sure when I can get vol. 6-7 up, but I'll try. I'm on a less hectic schedule now, but I'll be gone for the entirety of next week for a Vietnam trip, so we'll see.

Also, anyone up for a super weighting of Denyuuden for the lulz? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperWeight

I feel like we'll get a hyper lottery weight inflation with all those hackers in Denyuuden.

Level -1: Kids in Denyuuden. Seriously. They drop like flies. Probably Ene as well since pretty much all her senses are dead.
Level 0: Random soldiers, I guess? Toale, Kiefer, Noa
Level 1: Ferris, Iris, Luke, Sion, Calne
Level 2: Anyone with a Rhule Fragmei, Ryner Lute, Zohra Rom, Claugh Klom, Tiir, Milk
Level 3: Anyone with multiple rhule fragmei, Goddesses, Pia, Asruld Roland, Relx Eris
Level 4: Priests, Ryner Reed, Eris Reed(by extension Lucile, I guess?), Lieral Lieutolu
Level 5: Ryner Eris Reed
My musings:
Goddesses and Asruld are only level 3?
And Relx and Lieral, I thought were considered to be evenly matched still.
And even with multiple relics, Relx is untouchable, or you're referring only to pre-Lucile?
Noa should be -1.
Old 2011-05-10, 07:19   Link #694
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

lol true about Noa.

Yeah, by Relx, I was referring to pre-Lucile (Lucile himself is level 4, lumped with weaver)

As for Goddesses, it seems like there's quite a huge variation in their powers, so I guess we could bump higher-tiered Goddesses to level 4. Asruld...as of now he's only displayed some neato sword summoning skills, super speed etc. but I'm not sure if that necessarily qualifies him for 'godlike'. I guess his existence-destroying skills could count...?
Old 2011-05-10, 07:36   Link #695
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Wait, is Pia that strong? To be on a whole other level than Ryner Lute, and Claugh Krom? Also, I got the impression Ryner Lute and Ferris were on a similar level?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 07:42   Link #696
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Pia is incredibly strong. Even Ferris and Ryner combined can't match her blow to blow. She has that talent of hers which enhances her magic like crazy, is probably the best at physical combat - equal if not better than Lucile, and has multiple rhule fragmei. Broken as hell.

Ryner (with magic) has always been stronger than Ferris. Also, since Ferris' strength essentially comes from years and years of harsh training without any 'super powers', the most she can be is a level 1, since going above that requires the character to possess magic/other special abilities.
Old 2011-05-10, 07:56   Link #697
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post
Pia is incredibly strong. Even Ferris and Ryner combined can't match her blow to blow. She has that talent of hers which enhances her magic like crazy, is probably the best at physical combat - equal if not better than Lucile, and has multiple rhule fragmei. Broken as hell.
I see, I knew about her ability that boosts her magic, but not about her physical ability or the rhule fragmei. What rhule fragmei does she have?

Quote:
Ryner (with magic) has always been stronger than Ferris. Also, since Ferris' strength essentially comes from years and years of harsh training without any 'super powers', the most she can be is a level 1, since going above that requires the character to possess magic/other special abilities.
I was always under the impression that Ferris was on the same level as Ryner, since I heard that mentioned a bunch of times. Tell me, other than the God Devourer Lieral gave her, does she get any powerups, like Rhule Fragmei?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 11:50   Link #698
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Gaaaah! What a horrible place to stop on S. Note No.5! Kagami really likes his cliffhangers! \^o^/

Thank you for the post Defade! It made my day! XD

But in the super weight is it fair to put Luke and Sion in lv.1? Both of them possess magical abilities and are super smart.... The guys in level 2 are strong, but do you think Claugh could best Luke? o.o ... hard to say....but Sion would get pawned by any of those guys.... -_-

Also, I would prob list Goddess Milk in lv. 4.....since she wiped the floor with Lucile (ER), and I would prob move AR up one as well since he can best most goddesses, and has displayed similar variations of the same nifty tricks that Eris has displayed...summoning swords(enough for an entire battalion T_T), super speedy, ect.. but no disappearing/teleportation tricks as of yet.... although the anime made it look like he can in that last ep, but that doesn't count. >.>

Last edited by Tennyo777; 2011-05-10 at 12:12.
Old 2011-05-10, 12:40   Link #699
larethian

@Endscape Ferris is evenly matched with Ryner when Ryner is not serious, ie. not in killing mode.

Claugh > Luke if Luke doesn't have time to plan and outwit him. Though Luke has a Rhule Fragmei... But then again, Claugh is actually a genius and has a powerful forbidden curse. I'd put Ryner and Claugh at 2.5 , Ferris at 1.5.

I need to make one for Itsuten as well. Incidentally, I've completed volume 1 of Itsuten . Oh, and according to the afterword, it's going to be epic as well.
Old 2011-05-12, 00:27   Link #700
zgmfx09a

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
@Endscape Ferris is evenly matched with Ryner when Ryner is not serious, ie. not in killing mode.

Claugh > Luke if Luke doesn't have time to plan and outwit him. Though Luke has a Rhule Fragmei... But then again, Claugh is actually a genius and has a powerful forbidden curse. I'd put Ryner and Claugh at 2.5 , Ferris at 1.5.

I need to make one for Itsuten as well. Incidentally, I've completed volume 1 of Itsuten . Oh, and according to the afterword, it's going to be epic as well.
Itsuten is not too bad, but judging from the first 4 volumes, it's still no where as good as LoLH.

But then again, if you consider the first 4 volumes of LoLH against Itsuten, I guess Itsuten edges out.

After finals = 5 and 6.
zgmfx09a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen