AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 13 [TV End] Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 24.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 22.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-29, 21:17   Link #61
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Manami, you really surprised me.

That smile and that "da..me" showed me you're possibly the darkest character in this series after all.

As for Kirino, liking her brother (as a brother) is one thing, but I really dun see any romantic links between them. Maybe the anime itself didn't have much time to pull that off.
Yeah, I think Manami's actions shocked a lot of people this episode, she was only in it for about like 4-5 minutes but during that time she really came off as somewhat heartless. Well she might not agree with the way Kirino is acting, Manami basically tells Kirino she is creepy and weird while being very smug about it on top of it.

Spoiler for Ln comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-29 at 21:42. Reason: adjusted spoiler tag
Old 2013-06-29, 21:58   Link #62
Deathscyther

Great episode. We actually get an episode from Kirino's POV. Very interesting. Since I like Kirino, I was quite happy with this change. I like how they ended the TV broadcast with Kirino asking for more life counseling, since that's what started everything.

'The onii-chan I love will come back to me one day!' I think this sentence of little Kirino was really important and maybe even the core of this episode. During this episode she admitted that the onii-chan who could do everything never really existed. But even though they were having a 'cold war', even though both Kirino and Kyousuke now know that he's just an avarage person, he still worried about her, he still tried to help her and he still tried to protect her. In the end Kirino kind of admits that in a way the brother she loves really did come back to her.

It was interesting to learn that almost everything Kirino does is related to Kyousuke in some way (she started doing track and field to keep up with Kyousuke; she started modeling because she saw the poster of Kyousuke; she wanted to get good grades because she thought that Kyousuke was really smart).

Little Kirino was cute with brown hair, but I prefer her dyed hair over her original hair colour now that she's older. The way little Kirino was watching that anime at Manami's place showed that she always had a thing for anime, haha. And omg, she's really scary when she's in full otaku mode.

As for Kirino treating Kyousuke quite bad throughout the first part of the series. It was the anger she felt for Kyousuke, because she felt that he had 'betrayed' her, which made her treat him so badly in the beginning of the series. And I guess that, even after getting closer to Kyousuke again, she had trouble changing the way she treated him because of her 'tsundere' qualities. She has trouble voicing her real feelings and usually ends up doing/saying the complete opposite, which everyone around her already seems to understand by now. As most of you guys said, we now know why she treated him the way she did, but this doesn't mean that it was all justified. Even as a big Kirino fan I admit that she did go overboard at times.

I don't think the animators decided to focus on Kirino's change during this final episode of the TV broadcast just to give the watchers more insight about Kirino though (although it was part of the reason). I think the animators didn't want the TV broadcast's final episode to stop in the middle of something, but to have the feeling of a final episode (hence the ending with Kirino asking for more life counseling).
Spoiler for Novel comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-29 at 22:06. Reason: removed the future speculation; please use the spoiler & speculation thread instead
Old 2013-06-29, 22:58   Link #63
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This is episode 13????? This is just a summary!!!!! WTF???!!!!!!
Old 2013-06-30, 00:16   Link #64
eiyuu99

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute
My Big Brother Can't Be This Average
Old 2013-06-30, 00:24   Link #65
GundamZZ
残念美人

Poor Minami. Why the story is making the childhood friend as a loser again? The feeling must be painful for her. She's right about Kyousuke. The used to be amazing onichan never exists in the first place. It's all his imouto's imagination. The only truth about Kyousuke is he's always a yasashi person. It's not a good enough trait about Kyousuke. Because the girl's reason to reject a guy is he's a "good guy", but that's the only good thing she likes about him(generic storyline). Minami's fault is misleading Kirino. She's making Kirino believing she's having boy and girl relationship with Kyousuke. Then, Kirino directs her frustration to ero game. Nevertheless, it seems to be a painful childhood memory for Kirino.

Hmm...this week...Kirino having same childhood as Mikoto.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-30 at 02:10. Reason: Placed wide image behind spoiler tags
Old 2013-06-30, 01:35   Link #66
jandkas

Manami, evidence even the gentlest of beings can be pure evil, lol, also I think the "super kyousuke" did exist because he used to at least try really hard at everything. As shown before he was the one helping manami, but now when he was reading "dragon piece" he was being taught by manami. Also for the track, he used to win always until he just stopped trying.
Old 2013-06-30, 02:07   Link #67
KronosPlasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Poor Minami. Why the story is making the childhood friend as a loser again?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Look at a lot of anime Japan hates childhood friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
Manami, evidence even the gentlest of beings can be pure evil, lol, also I think the "super kyousuke" did exist because he used to at least try really hard at everything. As shown before he was the one helping manami, but now when he was reading "dragon piece" he was being taught by manami. Also for the track, he used to win always until he just stopped trying.
Well this it more Kyousuke fault Manami never say to be a lazy bum

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-30 at 02:11. Reason: edited quoted post
Old 2013-06-30, 02:17   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
Well this it more Kyousuke fault Manami never say to be a lazy bum
Well, this is sort of like "winning on a technicality". She didn't have to tell him outright what to do, she just kept telling him that he was okay that way (see the very beginning of the anime, for example). It's the power of positive reinforcement. She knew what he was, saw what he had become, and reinforced that this is what was best for him.

Now that doesn't mean this is necessarily evil; she may have legitimately felt that he was less likely to harm himself and others by not taking so many risks and accepting his "normality". But Kirino of the day didn't necessarily see it that way.
Old 2013-06-30, 03:12   Link #69
kaigan
Segmentation fault

imho, this episode is nice and it doesn't show to make kirino pitiful or win some sympathy. this just gave us the history (although not entirely) of everything. if this was a 2-episode special maybe it would be much clearer. at the very least, we got to know how kirino feels, especially the scenes in s1 in her pov or those that have some resemblance to the present like bumping kiri x kyou at the doorway.

i'm happy the entire time watching this. interestingly, the moment the ending credits start to roll, i felt like punching something... maybe it's because of the long wait for the next episodes?
Old 2013-06-30, 03:18   Link #70
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This picture is perfect for the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manami Tamura
DAAAAAAAME.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-06-30, 04:13   Link #71
GVN.Chaos

Oh, by the way, so all you need to buy R18+ eroge in Japan is a hat, sunglasses and something to cover your face huh
Old 2013-06-30, 06:31   Link #72
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Oh, by the way, so all you need to buy R18+ eroge in Japan is a hat, sunglasses and something to cover your face huh
Actually, that's probably a 13+ magazine, rather than an 18+ one. So she could buy the magazine.

Getting the Ero-games themselves would require using Cash on Delivery shipping. Which would let you get around the 18 age restriction. (It's come up before that getting the eroge wouldn't be hard, if you had the money)

On a completely Different point:

At 16:05, the images of the "Little Sister" eroge are actually of Asuna from Sword Art Online. Just a hair braid is replaced with a hair tie. Facial design, hair color (though a hint darker, though that could be encoding), hair style and body style are all the same.

A-1 Pictures did both series, so there's no "foul" there. But I thought someone should point it out.
Old 2013-06-30, 06:58   Link #73
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I hate manami with a passion now, what a bitch!
Old 2013-06-30, 08:05   Link #74
Arararagi-Senpai

Was a nice episode. It was interesting to see things from Kirino's perspective, and gives some insight into why she does what she does. I have to say that I like her a bit more (I think?).

While it doesn't really advance the plot from the last episode, I wouldn't say it wasn't nesscary.

The only part I didn't like is that it kinda paints Manami as the bad guy.
Old 2013-06-30, 08:27   Link #75
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
I hate manami with a passion now, what a bitch!
I never liked her ass anyway, still lmao @ that troll smile.
Old 2013-06-30, 09:03   Link #76
kaigan
Segmentation fault

after saying that amazing kyousuke never existed, i'm quite sure manami would love oreki or hachiman as potential romantic partner. *whoops, wrong anime*
Old 2013-06-30, 09:16   Link #77
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Yeah, I think Manami's actions shocked a lot of people this episode, she was only in it for about like 4-5 minutes but during that time she really came off as somewhat heartless. Well she might not agree with the way Kirino is acting, Manami basically tells Kirino she is creepy and weird while being very smug about it on top of it.

Spoiler for Ln comparison:
I sincerely hope they do what they did last time and have several extra eps on OVA that MAYBE slightly alter the path of this ep but definitely expand things. I'm sure even without the posts, and would be sure even without the spoilers I've found, that there's much more to this than is being shown. It's not that easy to turn an outgoing, superconfident kid who delights in excellence into a slacker who thinks mediocricy is the best place to be, something had to have happened to trigger this change. Given that, along with Manami's total personality, she probably had good reason for much of her behavior. That said, smiling happily while telling a girl that her infatuation is gross is definitely cold, and Manami has shown on a few occasions an ability to be cold and calculating with a sweet smile, using impeccable logic to claim that all other girls should back off and leave Kyousuke in her oh-so-capable hands. There's definitely a darkness in there, but not as big as it looked in this ep.
EDIT: One other part I really liked was the spot where Ayase and Kirino overheard those other otakus chatting about the imouto fad. Kirino's reaction to their dissing imoutos was quite understandable, but it seems that Ayase's misinterpretation of this look had a good bit to do with starting her hatred toward otakus. And even if Kirino had realized the source of Ayase's anger, she couldn't do anything about it. She certainly couldn't say that she was just mad because the idiots didn't realize how wonderful, divine and sexy anime imoutos were. So instead she agreed in full, encouraging Ayase's newfound hate.
Also, said this before noticing the thing about new eps on 8/18.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2013-06-30 at 09:30.
Old 2013-06-30, 09:33   Link #78
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I sincerely hope they do what they did last time and have several extra eps on OVA that MAYBE slightly alter the path of this ep but definitely expand things. I'm sure even without the posts, and would be sure even without the spoilers I've found, that there's much more to this than is being shown. It's not that easy to turn an outgoing, superconfident kid who delights in excellence into a slacker who thinks mediocricy is the best place to be, something had to have happened to trigger this change. Given that, along with Manami's total personality, she probably had good reason for much of her behavior. That said, smiling happily while telling a girl that her infatuation is gross is definitely cold, and Manami has shown on a few occasions an ability to be cold and calculating with a sweet smile, using impeccable logic to claim that all other girls should back off and leave Kyousuke in her oh-so-capable hands. There's definitely a darkness in there, but not as big as it looked in this ep.
EDIT: One other part I really liked was the spot where Ayase and Kirino overheard those other otakus chatting about the imouto fad. Kirino's reaction to their dissing imoutos was quite understandable, but it seems that Ayase's misinterpretation of this look had a good bit to do with starting her hatred toward otakus. And even if Kirino had realized the source of Ayase's anger, she couldn't do anything about it. She certainly couldn't say that she was just mad because the idiots didn't realize how wonderful, divine and sexy anime imoutos were. So instead she agreed in full, encouraging Ayase's newfound hate.
Also, said this before noticing the thing about new eps on 8/18.
Assuming Kyousuke did change, Japanese society can be well regarded for beating the confidence and drive out of children. Excessive hoop jumping will do that.
Old 2013-06-30, 11:15   Link #79
Sasukeuzi

"A little sister liking her brother is creepy isn't it?"
BITACH POOOREEAZUUU!!!! (b*tch plz) That's love power right there! LOVE! L-U-V-E: THAT SPELLS LOVE!!!
Old 2013-06-30, 11:16   Link #80
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
All what Kirino is now ... is Minami's fault....
Closed Thread