Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 08:10   Link #121
Woun
Banned

Ending:
Woun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 09:19   Link #122
Kazu-kun

Pretty good. Can they maintain this level of animation through the whole thing though?
Old 2013-10-02, 14:47   Link #123
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Liked the first ep. Hope they could keep it up and really waiting for OP footage
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:16   Link #124
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Seems pretty intriguing so far. Already love Ibara, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:33   Link #125
Sakanaka Shouko

It was a really interesting first episode. The level of animation is great and I like the eerie feeling of the plot. It's going to be one of this season hot animes, I'm sure.
Old 2013-10-02, 15:34   Link #126
erika4dsl

Interesting first episode.
Thought it was stupid to leave her alone with the dog, well it's not a good idea to ever go off by yourself especially in a creepy ghost town.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:54   Link #127
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was really put off by the voices. That may be Tomatsu Haruka, but it felt forced and unreal to me. Neither Hanazawa Kana nor Akesaka Satomi did much for me here, either.

Somehow, I just didn't react very positively to this episode. They didn't take enough care in such an environment, and the whole idea of being in school uniforms and carrying (in one case) a school bag was silly. Here's hoping I can start to suspend disbelief, and the staff and cast can up their game.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 16:43   Link #128
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Weird anime. School uniforms wearing girls in a dangerous mission, eating onigiri like in a park and commando looking vice principal....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 16:47   Link #129
HandofFate

meh...it seems kind of interesting, but I think I rather read it as a book or a VN. I can tell its going to be long and drawn out depression/despair dialogue..

No idea when the source material originated, but obviously cashing in on that nuclear meltdown thing in japan.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 16:53   Link #130
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Weird anime. School uniforms wearing girls in a dangerous mission, eating onigiri like in a park and commando looking vice principal....
I'm not a fan of the school uniforms, too. I can understand wearing them at school, but not on a dangerous mission. They're better off wearing something that could protect them like clothes that cover more skin for when they're walking over debris. I should probably just suspend disbelief lol.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 18:08   Link #131
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 18:25   Link #132
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I'm wondering if its intentional that the animation of the three girls stands out so much from the environments and other characters, considering they're "puppets". I felt it was pretty jarring, to be honest. The hard outlines on their bodies is very distracting.

Alas, the premise is interesting, especially considering events in recent years, so I will keep up with it.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 18:34   Link #133
MCAL

I had very low expectations on this one, but I actually found this slightly more better than Kyoukai. Barely any still shots, although the odd bold outline on the characters irritated me somewhat (Shingeki no Kyoujin did this too). And I like the MC Ibara too. She seems like a strong type without being a bitch. A trend a lot of anime that seem to think being a bitch makes a female character stronger is the right way to go. Consider this a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
That may be Tomatsu Haruka, but it felt forced and unreal to me.
That was Haruka Toamtsu? Sounded like Marina Inoue.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-10-02 at 19:30.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 19:09   Link #134
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Yeah, my first reaction was "Why school uniforms?!".

I feel something's a bit off with the art, but it's nothing too major. As for the episode itself, while it was slow paced, it still managed to be enjoyable. Part of me is expecting that they pulled a Ga-Rei and killed a main character in the first episode

And really, how did they even think that was a dog
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 19:15   Link #135
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

School uniforms represent their school.. Thus, in a way, it's like them wearing military outfits.

The principal is wearing a hazard suit for obvious reasons.

My only issue is their recklessness ... Approaching wild dogs, etc.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 19:23   Link #136
Xeiros

Mediocre boring garbage. Next!
Old 2013-10-02, 19:27   Link #137
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
...They didn't take enough care in such an environment, and the whole idea of being in school uniforms and carrying (in one case) a school bag was silly. Here's hoping I can start to suspend disbelief, and the staff and cast can up their game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
I'm not a fan of the school uniforms, too. I can understand wearing them at school, but not on a dangerous mission. They're better off wearing something that could protect them like clothes that cover more skin for when they're walking over debris. I should probably just suspend disbelief lol.
Well, they are imminue to radiation. They can wear anything they want. They can even walk in their underwear, actually. So, it better if they wear something they used to. I bet this thing is like a part-time job for them.
Old 2013-10-02, 19:31   Link #138
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
School uniforms represent their school.. Thus, in a way, it's like them wearing military outfits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Well, they are imminue to radiation. They can wear anything they want. They can even walk in their underwear, actually. So, it better if they wear something they used to. I bet this thing is like a part-time job for them.
Yeah.... without knowing what is out there, I advice a school uniform that exposes less skin and more protection. Oh, I get it. They're probably engineered to have tough, smooth, silky, soft, skin? Not only it'll attract criminals but also otakus in the area.

Quote:
The principal is wearing a hazard suit for obvious reasons.
He should at least put a label of his school in that uniform of his as well.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 19:33   Link #139
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
Well.. we don't know why there was a nuclear explosion in Tokyo. Perhaps going in there with military uniforms would cause the survivors to attack them. School uniforms would be disarming like wearing a Red Cross uniform.
Old 2013-10-02, 19:37   Link #140
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
School uniforms would be disarming like wearing a Red Cross uniform.
Or... normal clothes.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, seinen, supernatural powers