AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Old 2013-10-04, 13:49   Link #421
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Well, that was fast. The pacing in the first episode was loaded with out-of-this world combat actions, quirkiness and what's there to have.
Anyway, that talking sailor uniform sexually assaulted the heroine. I'd rather call it erotic than just a seemingly shredded fashionable sexy lingerie with stretchable straps like suspenders that support and cover her bulges not entirely and extend down to her micro skirt. Too much skin is exposed and her voluptuous body's revealed as to being almost naked. From being a tomboyish avenger, She has become the object of desire.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-10-04 at 14:05.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:50   Link #422
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Personally, as much as I usually hate fanservice, I was okay with what we got in this episode. Seems to me that the suit was a bit of a subversion - as the lead is wearing it because she's forced to, she tried in fact to conceal it, and when it's shown it even gets mocked, to the point that she's accused of being trying to distract her enemy with sexiness. The scene where the boxer went all "then maybe I should strip naked too" was hilarious . I felt like the whole thing was actually MOCKING the idea of the skimpy armor/outfit, rather than playing it straight. Hell, the guy even said 'I can hit you where the suit doesn't cover you, there's plenty of uncovered skin' - and then STILL hit her in her super-skimpy breast plate . This lampshade is hanged so high that everyone can see it.

The fact that the suit seems to absorb threads from defeated enemies might be a hint as well. Maybe as the series progresses the suit will become stronger and stronger while covering more and more of Ryouko's skin. In the end its full powered version would be a full armour. That'd be a nice subversion as well.
Based on the promotion video, senketsu appears to have a non-combat form (that's less stripper-esque) and sentai form complete with transformation sequence. You don't think they're doing a Go Nagai tribute anime without a naked sentai transformation?

Satsuki also appears to have her version of white senketsu with right eye instead of left.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:51   Link #423
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

"You're amazing, lady! This view is amazing too"
Old 2013-10-04, 13:59   Link #424
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
We'll see I guess. For me it was enjoyable, but yeah, 26 episodes at this pace would be exhausting. I have trust however that the people at Trigger knows better. For one, I am one of the (few, I guess) people who besides loving TTGL, loved Panty & Stocking almost more. So I think these guys are going to deliver something that rings with me again. I understand that doesn't apply to everyone though. Either way it's a very love-it-or-hate-it kind of series.
Don't worry, you're not alone there. I loved Panty & Stocking as much as the other two and this show seems to deliver on that insanely over the topness that sometimes is just the thing one needs to unwind.

I find that Kill la Kill (like Panty & Stocking, FLCL and Diebuster) will be one of those shows that will only be enjoyed by people who are capable of shutting their brains down for a bit and revel in the sheer insanity of the whole thing.

The first episode felt like madness distilled and I loved it. The rhythm was way over the top so, with 23 episodes to go, I'm pretty sure that it'll slow down at least a bit eventually but it shows great promise for what's to come. However I did find a few flaws: the soundtrack didn't particularly call out to me like it's spiritual predecessors ones did and that overall rough look on the artwork will take some getting used to (like I feared from the trailer) but those are still minor quibbles. After the first episode I got that adrenalin rush that I haven't felt since I last saw the TTGL movies, way too awesome
Old 2013-10-04, 14:08   Link #425
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm a big yuri fan, and I'm not really seeing the yuri here. At least not yet.

I suppose Ryuko and Mako could become a yuri pair. Or you could get your classic "rivals fall in love" thing going between Ryuko and Satsuki.

I'd be supportive of either option, but there's not much to suggest it yet.
Old 2013-10-04, 14:18   Link #426
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Agreed. Although I can see Mako being overly touchy-feely with Ryuko, you know no sense of personal space, maybe even some skinship but that's as far as I see it going at the moment.
Old 2013-10-04, 15:07   Link #427
Sakanaka Shouko

Pretty enjoyable first episode. It sure has a classic anime feeling to it.

Also, thanks RRW for the avatar.
Old 2013-10-04, 15:10   Link #428
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

the more I think about it the more I wonder about this series. It does feel an aweful lot like Star Driver, with the flamboyant student council, damsel in distress side girl, new student who can ahrness the same powers as evil student council, remote school setting, and general feelings that this might taper out.

I don't however feel that thusfar there is any reason to substantiate yuri talk. while the series may lack a male main charachter, something tells me that there will be a romantic intirest. For one thing, I can't think of a single major yuri pairing in any of Imaishi's work so far. I'd be willing to take that back, but I'm with the faction that doesn't see any evidence to substantiate it.

Also mah impression post: http://sekijitsu.com/2013/10/04/kill...impressions-2/
Old 2013-10-04, 17:46   Link #429
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I'm okay with the humor and the crazy pace and editing and all that, but the overload of screaming almost made me turn off the first episode before it finished. Really hope they tone down the voice work a little.
Old 2013-10-04, 17:57   Link #430
Cloudenvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
I'm okay with the humor and the crazy pace and editing and all that, but the overload of screaming almost made me turn off the first episode before it finished. Really hope they tone down the voice work a little.
I seriously hope they don't, I feel like none of the lines in the script would work if they aren't screamed or yelled with fiery passion.

The delivery when the boxer was corkscrewing was nothing short of incredible.
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 19:40   Link #431
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudenvy View Post
I seriously hope they don't, I feel like none of the lines in the script would work if they aren't screamed or yelled with fiery passion.

Yep. If I can't feel the passion, then Imaishi has failed me.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 20:33   Link #432
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudenvy View Post

That manly passion was just the same as in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Totally loved that fight with the boxer.
Old 2013-10-04, 20:47   Link #433
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is just as wacky as TTGL an just as fun but what up with scissors again
Old 2013-10-04, 21:25   Link #434
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
This is just as wacky as TTGL an just as fun but what up with scissors again
Scissors may be our new drill.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 21:32   Link #435
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Scissors may be our new drill.
It's a natural progression actually. Gurren Lagann had MANLY MEN trying to drill each other with drills, and now we're going to have CUTE, MANLY GIRLS trying to scissor each other!
Old 2013-10-04, 22:27   Link #436
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It's a natural progression actually. Gurren Lagann had MANLY MEN trying to drill each other with drills, and now we're going to have CUTE, MANLY GIRLS trying to scissor each other!
And we all said their wouldn't be any yuri XD
Old 2013-10-04, 22:30   Link #437
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
It's a good thing my mind has a gutter or it would be homeless right now.
Old 2013-10-04, 22:31   Link #438
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Amazing, lol.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 23:40   Link #439
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
That was so gloriously twisted that you get my hearty applause.

On a small topical note, looking back at the episode, my mind is still wobbling between the comedy and the fact that at this school people are apparently tortured to death on a regular basis.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 00:38   Link #440
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I just love the fact that despite being all sorts of badass, she has a perpetual blush from her outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
the more I think about it the more I wonder about this series. It does feel an aweful lot like Star Driver, with the flamboyant student council, damsel in distress side girl, new student who can ahrness the same powers as evil student council, remote school setting, and general feelings that this might taper out.

I don't however feel that thusfar there is any reason to substantiate yuri talk. while the series may lack a male main charachter, something tells me that there will be a romantic intirest. For one thing, I can't think of a single major yuri pairing in any of Imaishi's work so far. I'd be willing to take that back, but I'm with the faction that doesn't see any evidence to substantiate it.

Also mah impression post: http://sekijitsu.com/2013/10/04/kill...impressions-2/
As long as they don't sorta kinda try but not really explain the origins of the uniforms through some vague school play....
*shakes fist at Star Driver*
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aniplex, comedy, fanservice, high school, imaishi, trigger