Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-05-19, 23:06   Link #761
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Pay attention to the details of the changes. Some of the changes made already are quite substantial and will have enormous impact upon the ending. I don't really know how they change the battles with the Angels per se because the whole plot with the Angels is fixed as is Shinji's development with them in some sense.
Well, there were a few filler angels, undoubtedly. The spider angel, in particular, was completely needless. Same for the one who dropped parts of his body from the sky.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 16:04   Link #762
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Spoiler for Theory about Rebuild, Speculation and Spoilers:
wat? Where did you get that from?
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 16:13   Link #763
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
@Kisuke06:

Adam is no longer an embryo like in the series--now it's taken the place Lilith had, and Lilith has been moved to the moon, apparently.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 19:21   Link #764
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
@Kisuke06:

Adam is no longer an embryo like in the series--now it's taken the place Lilith had, and Lilith has been moved to the moon, apparently.
The lilith-like being on the moon is probably a new Eva Unit. If you pay attention you can see that it is not white, it only has a white coat on(in fact you can even see its core, probably a S2 engine).

Spoiler for lilith:

Lilith is still in Central Dogma, you can see LCL coming from it, the only thing that changed is that Misato already knows that it's, in fact, Lilith.

And Adam needs to be in its embryo form, that is what the Second impact was all about.

Last edited by Kisuke06; 2008-06-07 at 16:30.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 10:46   Link #765
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollunz View Post
I downloaded Nyor~n's and it came with a notes video. Anyone know what the title of the song that the play during the notes? I know it's cruel angel's thesis, but a different version... but i MUST have it.
Yes can anyone tell me what it is too, I really want to know, it's a cool version.
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:43   Link #766
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolfang View Post
Nyoro~n Fansubs version of the movie is now available, please give it a download!
Yayay! Lolfang~

Quote:
How's the quality of the Nyoro version compared to other fansub?

Is it the best one out there?
Depends on who you ask. Personally I like Nyoro~n subs, although sometimes Lolfang does silly things (Come on, writing a letter to ADV to ask if he can keep fansubbing GL? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL), and his translation usually takes a bit of a flair to it instead of being accurate ("FUCKING FURRIES"), it's all good :3

EDIT: I know of 3 versions of CAT; the first one is the original, the second one is the Rei/Asuka/Misato version, and the third is the Rei version >.>
Old 2008-05-26, 06:53   Link #767
Lolfang
*Fansubber

In response to the people asking about the song I used, it's cruel angel's thesis by Mark Pistons off the album Anicapella.

Also my GL subs were kinda awful, I've gotten a lot better since the days of those subs. Also I translated the movie from the script included in Rebuild's special features, so it's very accurate as a result, though I made some liberal 'flair'-ish translations where appropriate.
Lolfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 13:34   Link #768
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

How does the Nerv sub compare? I currently have that and was wondering whether I should switch to Nyoro~n's...

Last edited by DonQuigleone; 2008-05-26 at 14:06.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 04:51   Link #769
Tormenk

Somewhat late but I just realized the DVD's been on sale in the local stores (Singapore) since 13/5. The label puts it as DVD code 3, which I found out on enquiry would required modifications to be playable on laptops.

So I want to ask those with the DVDs if the problem does hold true or otherwise I can simply buy and play.

*silently hopes for humbug to read this post*

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 06:40   Link #770
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Funny you should ask right after I bought the Region 3 DVD at a random store. It plays fine on my laptop, but then again, I'm using a Sony VAIO SZ75 with a dedicated video card, so I can't say for sure if it would work on yours. I think if you're using WinPlayer 10 or above, it should do fine.

(Why would you want to watch it on a laptop though....?)

The copy I bought was labelled "Collector's Edition", but that's a total lie. As usual, it's the same kind of crappy product that local anime distributors push out (at least it isn't ODEX though). The box claims to contain an introductory booklet, but it turns out you have to mail a card to InnoformMedia (postage not included) together with your details before they would send you the "gift". *facepalms*

Who runs these stupid companies? Clueless ah bengs (ie, filthy uneducated punks) who don't seem to understand what kinds of trouble they can get into by using false advertising. Oh well, what can you expect from a product selling for only around S$20 (US$14.65)? The packaging is shite, barely a notch above bootleg DVDs. The video quality is likewise terrible (but that is probably not its fault, since the master copy isn't in hi-definition), not much better than downloaded versions.

My advice to Singaporeans who want to collect this show is to buy R1 copies online. Our local anime distributors deserve to go out of business for failing to understand what their customers want. Or perhaps they do - Singaporeans have become so used to paying peanuts for shitty video that they refuse to pay more for better quality. We still have VCDs on the shelves, for crying out loud, in a time of HDTVs. Arrgh.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 07:26   Link #771
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
My advice to Singaporeans who want to collect this show is to buy R1 copies online. Our local anime distributors deserve to go out of business for failing to understand what their customers want. Or perhaps they do - Singaporeans have become so used to paying peanuts for shitty video that they refuse to pay more for better quality. We still have VCDs on the shelves, for crying out loud, in a time of HDTVs. Arrgh.
Ahahaha, what? Southeast Asia still has VCDs? Holy Christ. I can maybe understand that for Malaysia or Indonesia where the "lower middle class" might want to cut corners but why on earth sell those in Singapore.

Anyway this was excellent and I'm expecting news about the R1 release to drop during the summer con season this year, either at AX or Otakon. The bigger question is whether ADV will survive long enough to do it...
SpaceDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 08:27   Link #772
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
My advice to Singaporeans who want to collect this show is to buy R1 copies online.
They didn't even throw in the preview for movie 2 at that. As an anime fan for over a decade, I have yet to get the R2-JP DVD due to a variety of factors. (Personal interest for the EVA franchise not as great as it was. Investing a PS3, etc)

But I have an iffy feeling that they will pull out a Blu-Ray Disc in the near future, which I might get considering that I have a Blu-Ray player in the form of a PS3 hooked up to my computer monitor now.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 10:57   Link #773
Ottocycle

Well Tormenk, what TinyRedLeaf had said.

It already looked kind of dubious seeing the "Collector's Editions" without the standard ones up for sale (in Tampines Mall, IIRC). Not to mention something as big as Eva has to have merchandising along the same scale. Maybe an R2 release with less extras...But no, just DVD. So I stayed my hand, and wallet with it.

Oh, woe be us who are part of little markets not worth looking at. I reckon the Taiwanese R3 DVD must have far better stuff than ours, so we could get that, I guess.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 06:22   Link #774
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

No wait, it wasen't that long and it was here in my hometown.
I saw Evangelion back then till the last ep and i was so confused ybout it that I stoped thinking about it and droped it from my memory.

Sooooo, now I've started to watch the first new Evangelion Movie and my confusion from that time came back.
Why do those attacks from the Angels look like crosses?
Why do they fight?
Why was the the end back then so disturbing, weird and inscrutable?
Will the "new" end be like the old one(yeah, yeah, they've made two endings, I know but I don't know if I saw both)?

Questions aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh hh my brain hurts
I should stop hitting my desk with my head, maybe its getting better then.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 06:37   Link #775
Rayneing
Trombe!

The attacks look like crosses because they think it looks cool. That's it. Also, that ending was like that because they ran out of money, after Sega cut some of their funding. They had to come up with a new ending that would be cheap to produce. No, the new ending will certainly not be like that.

Spoiler for answer to other question:
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 06:49   Link #776
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
The attacks look like crosses because they think it looks cool. That's it. Also, that ending was like that because they ran out of money, after Sega cut some of their funding. They had to come up with a new ending that would be cheap to produce. No, the new ending will certainly not be like that.
Hopefully
Thx
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:18   Link #777
Sujiro
Absolute Terror Field

I wonder if they are going to make new season of NGE after, Rebuild of Evangelion

Sorry for my English
Sujiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 12:24   Link #778
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
That seems rather far-fetched to me.
Old 2008-07-13, 07:55   Link #779
Sujiro
Absolute Terror Field

Well yeah, but its my wish : P And btw my last post number is '777' so who knows ;D
Sujiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 13:43   Link #780
Kobukson

Mkay, excuse me if this is tap dancing on the thin, red line a bit too much but...

Does anyone know if the Nyoro~n's Notes is a separate vid? (since I seem to be missing it -_-)
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie, remake