AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 18 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 34.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-11, 12:25   Link #41
satomianzaki

wow elsee is really cute and adorable...and the scene with keima's mom scolding her was so touching...really nice...

am not really that fond of kanon but i also think that she's cute...

overall, nice episode...

Old 2010-11-11, 12:57   Link #42
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

God damn it, did this really need to take three episodes to do?

Ugh

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-11-11, 13:32   Link #43
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

although i'm annoyed at kanon, what makes this episode watchable is the way keima goes through with the conquest, and also of course that part where he explains something to elsee.

was there any actual anime that had that bidding scene? i didn't get the reference this time

also

Spoiler for question for next episode:
Old 2010-11-11, 14:27   Link #44
HandofFate

argh, still not over yet? Have to put up with one more Kanon episode -_-

Spoiler for 6...:
Old 2010-11-11, 16:26   Link #45
paladinenvec

oh noes! another chapter in kanon arc! the episode was good nontheless they did a great job with the pacing i never felt bored however i still have the kanon songs in my head, the sad thing its that i dislike them...
Old 2010-11-11, 16:53   Link #46
mtarzaim

A really good episode, giving they have stretched things quite a lot, but still keeping it enjoyable.

The animated choregraphies still feel odd to me, quite robotic.
I don't know if it's a technical difficulty for the anime team to get it right.
Or it's just to emphasize the "let's shine like never before" we should have the next episode, when Kanon will really turn into a true Idol.

Congrats to Manglobe, for turning Elsie even more cute she already is in her manga version.

6 episodes, and the anime budget still seems pretty high. No downside in drawings or animation.
I have high hopes for Shiori arc.
Old 2010-11-11, 16:53   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Elsie is just too adorable... even Keima's mother can't resist her cuteness.

The episode itself was okay. Yoroshiku ne! Yoroshiku ne! Yoroshiku ne! Yoroshiku ne! I felt bad for Keima, it's not easy to deal with such a needy girl. There were some scenes where she looked pretty cute though (like the one at the cafe), too bad she was just annoying most of the time. I don't really dislike Kanon per say, but let's just say the sooner her arc ends, the better.
Old 2010-11-11, 17:02   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There are times when i'm so into a game that i want to carry on playing my PSP in the shower, though something tells me i shouldn't take the Keima approach..
Old 2010-11-11, 17:41   Link #49
kitten320

I can understand Kanon carving for attention, I myself hate to be invisible and it used to happen to me a lot in the past. But she really should learn to understand that it is impossible to have everyone like you!
She already has bunch of people who loves her wherever she is, several ignorant people are nothing in comparison to hundreds! I know it might be slightly disappointing but not too such extend!
Old 2010-11-11, 17:43   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I can understand Kanon carving for attention, I myself hate to be invisible and it used to happen to me a lot in the past. But she really should learn to understand that it is impossible to have everyone like you!
She already has bunch of people who loves her wherever she is, several ignorant people are nothing in comparison to hundreds! I know it might be slightly disappointing but not too such extend!
It's more so traumatic for her. It's not that fact that every single person doesn't like her, it's that there are people who don't, and that clashes with her past, as seen in the silhouette flashbacks.
Old 2010-11-11, 19:07   Link #51
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
To be fair, it's not like they added in the stun guns because they felt like there was a rating drop. Nearly everything, like others have mentioned is faithfully adapted to the original with slight modifications here and there.
I do read the manga, and have since the very beginning. I meant that it felt like a ploy for ratings in the manga itself, which isn't too unusual. The anime likely wouldn't have had the time to change this early anyway. This is just a faithful adaptation of an arc I didn't like very much in the first place.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:27   Link #52
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's more so traumatic for her. It's not that fact that every single person doesn't like her, it's that there are people who don't, and that clashes with her past, as seen in the silhouette flashbacks.
Things also clatter with my past from time to time but I still don't get overly depressed. I can understand her, being invisible hurts a lot. Even now I tend to feel strange whenever happens that I have to do some tasks on my own in the corner while everyone else are engaged in group activities. It is seriously depressing and lonely at that stage.
Old 2010-11-11, 20:52   Link #53
tsunade666

^ I actually preferred sometimes if they don't disturb my peaceful times but probably people have different circumstances. I just prefer to watch on the sidelines.

As for kanon that traumatic feeling has been the trigger why he keeps bugging kami to the point she even draw kami on her notes sweet

though more of the parts feels a lot of drag for me on this episode.
Old 2010-11-11, 21:03   Link #54
Qikz

Kanon... I think I'm in love o_o
Old 2010-11-12, 07:22   Link #55
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I also had the feeling the VA improved quite a lot, she is trying very hard to get better and I already see good results.
I didn't see any change for Keima but he's as good as always for me, heh.
Yeah, so far, the VAs for the anime have improved greatly with just the difference of 1 episode. Good to see that the new VAs are enthusiastic about their jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
although i'm annoyed at kanon, what makes this episode watchable is the way keima goes through with the conquest, and also of course that part where he explains something to elsee.

was there any actual anime that had that bidding scene? i didn't get the reference this time

also

Spoiler for question for next episode:
This might just be me but I don't think that everytime Keima "tells us something" it has to always be a reference from some other anime but I might be wrong.
Spoiler for Answer to spoiler:

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2010-11-12, 08:07   Link #56
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Yeah, so far, the VAs for the anime have improved greatly with just the difference of 1 episode. Good to see that the new VAs are enthusiastic about their jobs.

This might just be me but I don't think that everytime Keima "tells us something" it has to always be a reference from some other anime but I might be wrong.
Spoiler for Answer to spoiler:
Of course her disappearances have something to do with the spirit. This isn't the kind of world where people just disappear on their own. That's an unusual occurrence and thus needs an unusual explanation. It can be caused by the spirit and be triggered by her self-esteem issues, this isn't mutually exclusive.
Old 2010-11-12, 11:15   Link #57
klare

Kanon-chan is not bad, but Elsie is the cute one here

btw what happen to Keima's dad? did he get kicked out of the house?
Old 2010-11-12, 11:35   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
btw what happen to Keima's dad? did he get kicked out of the house?
He's working over-seas.
Old 2010-11-12, 12:10   Link #59
MartianMage

Just watched it and it was great. Truth be told I didn't like Kanon that much in the manga but I think she's more likable here in the anime. Her excessive behavior is quite hilarious. They should have made her go "praise me praise me praise me" like in the manga. :P

The extra scenes they added were pretty nice. I'm wondering what will they add to the final events of this arc to make it more interesting than the manga counterpart.
Old 2010-11-12, 12:43   Link #60
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Just watched it and it was great. Truth be told I didn't like Kanon that much in the manga but I think she's more likable here in the anime. Her excessive behavior is quite hilarious. They should have made her go "praise me praise me praise me" like in the manga. :P
That and I would have found it even more adorable if they hadn't used chibis for the patting scene but normal figures.

I didn't like her much in the manga either until certain chapters where she really started growing on me, plus she's indeed more likable animated.
It's kinda sad that many still consider her an annoying b*tch. :/