AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 18:12   Link #281
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
the person I'd most admired since childhood was my dumb ass friend.
I wouldn't really say
Spoiler:
dumb ass. No male in this show can qualify as one either, IMO.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 18:16   Link #282
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

More Ringo! But her counterpart (blond haired student council president) isn't here, as his teasing was part of the reason why last episode was so good.

And I actually feel sorry for Habara. Clearly she learned her lesson already (only the two other girls were 'bullying' Karasawa), and she still feels guilty over the incident.

At least Literature Girl is back, as IMO it's when she shows up (and "Kyon" starts going on with his long internal dialogue) is what got me hooked in this show in the first place.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 18:18   Link #283
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
My God! Why are girls in this anime so different from other girls in both other animes and real life? XD It's like the person who created this anime has seen or experianced girls do these kind of things and thinks that they do things like this.
You mean they don't ? My four years in Secondary School and three more in Polytechnic were a lie ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 18:22   Link #284
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean they don't ? My four years in Secondary School and three more in Polytechnic were a lie ?!
I say I say! This series is better off marketed to mundanes.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:22   Link #285
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Was... Was Tadakuni hanging around with Nago again? On one hand this might just be an elaborate set-up for a joke somewhere down the line. On the other hand, I think it's interesting (and realistic) that for all his complaints of isolation during the last episode, he's the one who's got a friend of sorts (and a girl at that) outside of his circle of male schoolmates.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:25   Link #286
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
I wouldn't really say
Spoiler:
dumb ass. No male in this show can qualify as one either, IMO.
Yeah, I didn't literally mean dumb. I refer to most teenage boys as dumb asses simply because of all the outrageously stupid things they do. I'd be mortified if the person I'd admired for so long was actually one of my dumb highschool friends.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 18:25   Link #287
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Umm ... not from this corner either. The Pachabel's Canon BGM destroyed the whole scene for me.
Bad "Eva" flashbacks, Flower?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 18:29   Link #288
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Bad "Eva" flashbacks, Flower?

Stop it you guys - you are killing me here!

*ahem! cough cough*

Back on topic here - no bad flashbacks per se, it is moreso that I have different personal associations with that piece of music is all, and for me the visuals and the audio made a seriously imbalanced total effect on me is all....
Old 2012-02-07, 18:40   Link #289
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"With this crappy girls band we won't be able to ride the coattails of this high school girl fad and earn the money to go to London after playing our hearts out for just one week, dammit!"

Danshi Koukousei, you had me at "Hello!"
Old 2012-02-07, 18:43   Link #290
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
This.

Girls can bully just as much as boys - it is just not presented a lot. In particular older siblings bullying younger siblings (including older sisters to younger brothers) is very common - I have had many friends and acquaintances tell me of this....
Or take a look at some shoujo mangas or visual novels, even if a bit exaggerated, I say 'girl' bullying is a lot more cruel and sadistic than boys bullying.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:57   Link #291
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Or take a look at some shoujo mangas or visual novels, even if a bit exaggerated, I say 'girl' bullying is a lot more cruel and sadistic than boys bullying.
That's cause boys attack you physically, while girls attack socially or mentally.

A few bruises and a bloody lip is basically what you can expect from guys bullying (though obviously it can get pretty brutal if the guys go too far). You can survive it if you've got your bros.

While girls will endevor to isolate you and humiliate you.

If both guys and girls bully you, you're pretty much fucked.
Old 2012-02-07, 19:04   Link #292
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"We just tease someone until they develop an eating disorder."

- Elaine Benes
Old 2012-02-07, 19:10   Link #293
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
You mean they do!?

Yikes, I guess I had it easy with the girls in my secondary school. In fact, I have personally experianced being bullied once or twice by guys in secondary school, and it was the girls who had defended me instead of joining in...not that I asked, they just noticed it whilst I tried ignoring it.

A crazy world we live in
Old 2012-02-07, 19:13   Link #294
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
That's cause boys attack you physically, while girls attack socially or mentally.

A few bruises and a bloody lip is basically what you can expect from guys bullying (though obviously it can get pretty brutal if the guys go too far). You can survive it if you've got your bros.

While girls will endevor to isolate you and humiliate you.

If both guys and girls bully you, you're pretty much fucked.
I agree with the above, although I wanted to say that first lol.

Back on topic: This episode...wow. There was some character development for the side characters and two of the main characters. Hidenori's "nooooo's" were hilarious! That caught me off-guard.

I feel so bad for Motoharu... the sister's friends even shaved his trademark off. I'm hoping he gets his revenge sometime in the future. I can't help but think that that was just a set-up for a future skit, hopefully.

It turns out Karasawa gave the girls in Ep4 expired sweets lol. So the scar's the main reason why he wears a hat all the time.

The reason why it's similar to Gintama and Sket Dance is due to the voice actors and the fact that they are all gag manga's.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2012-02-07 at 23:14.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 19:16   Link #295
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 5:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"With this crappy girls band we won't be able to ride the coattails of this high school girl fad and earn the money to go to London after playing our hearts out for just one week, dammit!"
Is that an important reference or something? I didn't get that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And I actually feel sorry for Habara. Clearly she learned her lesson already (only the two other girls were 'bullying' Karasawa), and she still feels guilty over the incident.
I concur. You can tell that she truly regret what she did in the past based on her behavior after seeing the scar. She even made an offering in a form of 5000 yen. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
My God! Why are girls in this anime so different from other girls in both other animes and real life? XD It's like the person who created this anime has seen or experianced girls do these kind of things and thinks that they do things like this.
Really? Different from other anime? Yes. Those series glorifies the females too much. Different from real life? No. From what I've observed, this series has a more realistic portrayal of the female gender since most girls are not elegant, pure, innocent, and pacifist which is contrary to the belief of others due to media conditioning. At least, once you know them on a personal level and they become comfortable around you, they'll start showing their true colors. Be mentally prepared by then especially when you go inside their room. D:

The part where Motoharu was treated like a toy by his sister's friends was quite realistic since it happens to a lot of people that I know. It happened to me a lot back then too since I also have TWO older sisters, that's why I can somewhat relate to that guy's situation a bit.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 19:20   Link #296
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
[spoiler=ep 5]

Is that an important reference or something? I didn't get that part.
The K-On! Movie, set in London.
Old 2012-02-07, 19:22   Link #297
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I'm guessing all female seiyuus are having a blast doing this kind of stuff.The K-on reference was great.

And yes,in my family girls will beat you up
Old 2012-02-07, 19:27   Link #298
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
[spoiler=ep 5]

From what I've observed, this series has a more realistic portrayal of the female gender since most girls are not elegant, pure, innocent, and pacifist which is contrary to the belief of others due to media conditioning. At least, once you know them on a personal level and they become comfortable around you, they'll start showing their true colors. Be mentally prepared by then especially when you go inside their room. D:
Is that so? I guess I'm fortunate for not witnessing or experiancing stuff like that then yet

Thanks for the warning though

On topic:

I surprised at the amount of screen time Hidenori got in this episode. I expected Tadakuni to get a lot of screen time in this anime since at first he seemed like the main character, but in this episode he barely appeared

I guess you could say I do like how their not sticking to one character though.
Old 2012-02-07, 19:28   Link #299
Xacual

Speaking as someone who has a 6 year older sister and had to deal with her and her friends since our house was the "hang out spot" for them after school, I sympathized wholeheartedly with Motoharu in this episode. That part of the episode hit very close to home.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 19:41   Link #300
webkid94
*Author

I actually laughed at all of the skits this episode even Motoharu's (his hair LOL), but the one with the Literature Girl and the reactions from Hidenori were hilarious. Need some more Tadakuni -__-, poor Karasawa and his scar D: but the girls' reaction was LOL.

Hidenori's faces = WIN.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire