AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 09:53   Link #2261
Subzero00

I haven't been here for awhile can anyone tell me if there's any news on the third season
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 03:09   Link #2262
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

There isn't one. Just a new show.
Old 2012-02-17, 07:29   Link #2263
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
There isn't one. Just a new show.
When's the new show coming out?
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:21   Link #2264
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
When's the new show coming out?
They haven't said yet.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:15   Link #2265
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I think they did,it was Spring 2012 or something. Either way,it's probably in 2012.
Old 2012-02-18, 13:30   Link #2266
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
I think they did,it was Spring 2012 or something. Either way,it's probably in 2012.
Maybe over in Japan, I would bet we might see something by late summer or early fall.
Old 2012-02-18, 13:52   Link #2267
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Maybe over in Japan, I would bet we might see something by late summer or early fall.
Erm,subtitles would come in a month at max,no? Dubs are ugly anyway.
Old 2012-02-18, 13:58   Link #2268
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Erm,subtitles would come in a month at max,no? Dubs are ugly anyway.
Depends. First on who gets the license over here to distribute, and wether or not they intend to dub it. If its Funi, it will take awhile!
And actually the dub of Code Geass was very well done, with the exception of maybe Nunnally. And I don't mind dubs myself, if I want to read it, I'll buy the manga.
Old 2012-02-18, 17:22   Link #2269
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Depends. First on who gets the license over here to distribute, and wether or not they intend to dub it. If its Funi, it will take awhile!
Fansubs will most definitely be made within a day or two. Most people will likely watch those.

Quote:
And actually the dub of Code Geass was very well done, with the exception of maybe Nunnally. And I don't mind dubs myself, if I want to read it, I'll buy the manga.
The manga sucked.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 18:10   Link #2270
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainCharacter View Post
Fansubs will most definitely be made within a day or two. Most people will likely watch those.

The manga sucked.
Agreed, on both points!
Old 2012-02-18, 22:58   Link #2271
Xander

If you're talking about the Akito project, the first episode will be screened in ten Japanese theaters during the Summer, as specified in the other thread.

Under normal conditions, nobody will be able to subtitle that.

There's no date for a physical or broadcast release, but it will probably be a few months later. That's when I expect to see a translation, whether official or amateur.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 18:53   Link #2272
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
I haven't been here for awhile can anyone tell me if there's any news on the third season
Actually, the bigger news is that Sunrise is remaking the entire TV series into a movie. This is important as knowing Sunrise's track record with the Gundam franchise, the film remake would almost certainly replace the TV series as the official canon.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:40   Link #2273
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, the bigger news is that Sunrise is remaking the entire TV series into a movie. This is important as knowing Sunrise's track record with the Gundam franchise, the film remake would almost certainly replace the TV series as the official canon.
Remaking? How so?! And will they bring it over here?
Old 2012-02-22, 22:49   Link #2274
Xander

Once again, let's try to keep the details clear here and not get carried away.

Sunrise is planning to make a Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion film adaptation, separate from the Akito project. That's all.

Whether this will be a remake that will completely replace the TV series, a simple alternate universe retelling or something else is nothing more than an assumption.

A likely one, perhaps, but there's no use treating it as a fact right now. In short, we know nothing beyond what is available in the following link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-film-project
Old 2012-02-24, 20:24   Link #2275
Lost Cause

Not taking too much from the artical at ANN, but it sounds like this movie is the "official" launch of Project Geass.
Old 2012-02-25, 19:15   Link #2276
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus

Send a message via MSN to Yamiken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Once again, let's try to keep the details clear here and not get carried away.

Sunrise is planning to make a Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion film adaptation, separate from the Akito project. That's all.

Whether this will be a remake that will completely replace the TV series, a simple alternate universe retelling or something else is nothing more than an assumption.

A likely one, perhaps, but there's no use treating it as a fact right now. In short, we know nothing beyond what is available in the following link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-film-project
I'm guessing we don't know whether this is going to be an animated film or live-action yet, do we?
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 02:37   Link #2277
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
I'm guessing we don't know whether this is going to be an animated film or live-action yet, do we?
We don't, strictly speaking, but at the moment...I seriously wouldn't even bet a single dollar on it being a live-action film.

Whenever it is said that any given anime property will have a movie adaptation, you don't immediately assume it will be live-action. So, if that were the case, I believe they would have clearly made a distinction. Just like they did by talking about all the other live-action projects. However, nothing like that was ever said.

Therefore, I believe it would be most prudent to think this will be a standard animated movie until proven otherwise.

Besides, they've already got the musical and stage show coming up. There's not much else to do on the live-action front.
Old 2012-02-26, 02:48   Link #2278
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus

Send a message via MSN to Yamiken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
We don't, strictly speaking, but at the moment...I seriously wouldn't even bet a single dollar on it being a live-action film.

Whenever it is said that any given anime property will have a movie adaptation, you don't immediately assume it will be live-action. So, if that were the case, I believe they would have clearly made a distinction. Just like they did by talking about all the other live-action projects. However, nothing like that was ever said.

Therefore, I believe it would be most prudent to think this will be a standard animated movie until proven otherwise.

Besides, they've already got the musical and stage show coming up. There's not much else to do on the live-action front.
I wasn't assuming anything, don't worry. It's just that in my experience, translations of these early Japanese news sources, even 'official' ones like ANN, quite often leave important, if rarely crucial, details out. So, I thought I'd check, in case anyone knew anything more on the subject than simply what was on that news article you linked.

And to be honest, the musical and the stage show only make a live-action adaptation seem more likely to me, lol. Though still a lot less likely than an anime adaptation, I agree.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 04:31   Link #2279
Tetsu Aero

So what is the story in the Hobby project?

http://www.geass-hobby.jp/

It's the Knightmares previously seen. Are they doing the gundam thing with Hyper Hobby?
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 04:39   Link #2280
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
So what is the story in the Hobby project?

http://www.geass-hobby.jp/

It's the Knightmares previously seen. Are they doing the gundam thing with Hyper Hobby?
The guy is a terrorist, seeking revenge for his lover.
The girl is a anti-terrorist group member pursuing him.

Tags
drama, mecha