AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-06-13, 13:54   Link #281
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Look on page one of this thread, scroll down til you see Jan Poo's post with lots of links in it, it has Kinjo's ONScripter guide and a lot of other useful resources. I've been using them and let me tell you, they are a god send.

Keep in mind a good chunk of his guide was written on the EP5 script, so pay close attention to what is in the 'converting from EP5 to Ep6+' section of the guide.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 13:58   Link #282
Asuka0NK

Yeah I have looked at those and my god I am still so confused. I have no idea like what the majority of what he's talking about is. I have no pre-knowledge of this and it is so confusing for me.
Asuka0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 17:13   Link #283
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

ONScripter isn't vert newbie-friendly... If you really want to make an Umineko VN and really doesn't know how to use ONScripter, you can customize Ren'py to make it look like the original.

Then again, this is only a suggestion if you really can't get the hang on how ONScripter works.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 17:31   Link #284
Asuka0NK

I'll probably just do Ren'py because ONscripter is just giving me a headache. I'll wait till I get more accustomed through Ren'py and then try ONscripter again for a different project. I don't know which game to do first though. I am either going to do one that is like a forgery or four of them and each one tells the truth of that event and it is told from who I think the culprit is.
Old 2012-06-13, 18:01   Link #285
Asuka0NK

I'm now trying to insert music and sound effects and this is so frustrating. No matter what I do the music/sound effect won't play no matter what I do. I tried to put the music in the game directory so it's not in .a folder but that ends up making it not respond and if I keep it in the folder it won't play and also how do I make it NVL style. I saw what was posted earlier but how do I actually apply it.

Last edited by Asuka0NK; 2012-06-13 at 19:57.
Old 2012-06-14, 00:53   Link #286
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

For music, you have to type: play music, then the name of the music file and its file extension into quotation marks. For example, let's say you want to play 'example.mp3':
Quote:
play music "example.mp3".
Same goes for sound:
Quote:
play sound "example.mp3".
As for the nvl mode, it's easy. You just have to define a nvl character. At the label that says #Declare characters used by this game, put:
Quote:
define narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl)
You can also use the same cursor as in Umineko. All you have to do is copy it to your game folder and put define your nvl character like this:
Quote:
define narrator = Character(None, kind=nvl, ctc=anim.Filmstrip("cursor0.png", (24, 24), (3, 1), .15))
(Note that you can change the 'narrator' part to whatever, it's just useful so that you don't have to type anything before the dialogue to show it in nvl. I recommend that you check out the tutorial, it comes in handy in many occassions).

P.S: I am using EP1 script because I find it a lot simpler to find my way round it, but...There's no page2 of the character tips (you know, the 'next' and 'back' buttons that go from 'humans' to 'witches', sort of). Does anyone know which codes I need to copy from another EP that does have them to implement it? I looked around the EP4 script, but I can't seem to find anything that works.

It's tough to be blue...

Last edited by Captain Bluebeard; 2012-06-14 at 05:08.
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:25   Link #287
Asuka0NK

Right now I'm making the TIPS menu can someone give me a script for it that is Ren'py compatible. I just need the basic one with all the basic profiles and allows me to look at meta-profiles. If not can someone at least tell me how to do it?
There is one thing though. I have a new profound respect for VN authors and how much work they have to do.

Last edited by Asuka0NK; 2012-06-15 at 22:15.
Old 2012-06-17, 09:46   Link #288
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Since I've been writing and planning out my own forgery fanfic, I've had extra appreciation for the work that's gone into the Umineko gameboards and fan games. Planning these things is hard! And I haven't even got started on the programming for the fan game, which should be the hardest thing.

I'm at the stage where I know the shape of the story as a whole, and have the main tricks of the twilights worked out. I have my detective and my bag of tricks to play on the hopeful one-day audience. My problem is that along the evolution of the story, I've realised that my culprit's motive is just not good enough the way it is now. I can't proceed with the story in this state. Sigh. But it's interesting to go through this process: I have to go back and change the story so that the motive makes sense, but that has big ramifications for the plot as a whole.

Another thing which is fun for planning out a forgery story is in working out which characters to have in the early Twilights. Whoever's left has a bigger role and more of an opportunity to shape the story and give clues. I'm enjoying working out the pros and cons of letting each character past the Twilight. Roulette choosing at random? Pfft, not a chance. I've got to say, I LOVE the dual fantasy-reality thing. It's great.

But since I haven't got any of the programming done yet, to hurry myself along I'll post a rough and largely spoiler-free synopsis of the plot.

Working title: Shadow of the Golden Witch.
I've been using this title for months in my notes on my computer, but I have noticed recently that someone's started a game on the Seacats board using the same title. So I might end up changing this. On the other hand I'm quite attached to this title and may keep it nonetheless.

Plot: The evil spirits of Akujishima have been angered by Beatrice's tales and the way they have overshadowed the island. Creating their own gameboard, they invite a player who truly believed in Beatrice's final magic to be their opponent, and set out to destroy every element of the witch, going behind the scenes to show her as she is. This is the "true story" of Rokkenjima, and of course, the evil spirits claim to be the true culprits behind the mass murder incident...
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 16:10   Link #289
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
My god, all these Forgeries that are being worked on!

Come on, guys, I believe in you! I want to read all your works so much! You can do it! You'll all have atleast one fanatic reader!
Old 2012-06-17, 17:12   Link #290
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Thank you for your support, I really needed to hear that at least someone is expecting forgeries. All this schoolwork and exams is driving me crazy and with little to no free time.

Revival of the Golden Witch is being worked on... slowy, but the project is not dead. I decided to rewrite some parts of the prologue so that the story would flow more naturally. Thankfully this friday I'll have my last exam of this semester and I'll be free for two weeks. I want to use that time to at least finish writting The First Day (the less complicated part, because no murders and almost no magic scenes) and of possible finish the Howdunnit.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 18:15   Link #291
Thunder Book
Endless Member

For anyone who cares, mine is still in the planning stages at this point. My story (In it's current form) is in two parts, currently called Rise of the Golden Witch and Downfall of the Golden Witch.

Rise will be closer to a typical Game Board story, involving locked rooms and what not (That are probably totally easy but eh if I make a cool story anyways oh well), and Downfall is...something else.

I've got most of Rise planned out and could start writing it soon, whereas the other one will take me a bit more time to plan out. Then I have actually learn out how to code everything too, which will take me a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I know, right? It's like an Umineko Renaissance. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with myself!
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 20:04   Link #292
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's working on! It's fun and encouraging to have a bunch of people working on forgeries at once. Not only do I get to write my own, there are going to be a bunch of new ones to read and enjoy. But I'm sure it'll take me quite a while to get my project finished. Must do my best. I hope to present a fun story to you eventually.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 20:10   Link #293
RandomAvatarFan

I too am working on one. And I will agree with the GoldenLand... mixing the fantasy and mystery is really fun.

Basically it's about two mystery fans who like playing closed room games. One decides she'll try her hand at writing a full story instead, so she writes a forgery. She may or may not be misusing the red, has some tricks and red herrings up her sleeve. Is Kinzo alive or dead? What is going on in Kuwadorian? And what is meant by "Kumasawa was working diligently in the VIP room"?

I'm not planning on making it in VN format anytime soon, but perhaps once Camp NaNo is over, I'll get cracking on that too.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 12:48   Link #294
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post

Come on, guys, I believe in you! I want to read all your works so much! You can do it! You'll all have atleast one fanatic reader!
Agreed, Aura! Everyone working on Forgeries make me very happy!

Recently, I wrote two Forgeries summaries (in Our Confession summary style) as a gift for some friends, but it's all in portuguese. Maybe one day I'll translate them or even make a VN.

I created other works too, but... Well... Too lazy for make them VN.

Also, I think the hardest part isn't mix Fantasy and Mystery, program everything on ONS/Ren'py/etc. The hardest part is giving a fitting name to the tale. I searched for names and their meanings. Here are some names of my tales:

Spoiler for Big List of Names:
Eriko 556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 12:51   Link #295
Asuka0NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
For anyone who cares, mine is still in the planning stages at this point. My story (In it's current form) is in two parts, currently called Rise of the Golden Witch and Downfall of the Golden Witch.

Rise will be closer to a typical Game Board story, involving locked rooms and what not (That are probably totally easy but eh if I make a cool story anyways oh well), and Downfall is...something else.

I've got most of Rise planned out and could start writing it soon, whereas the other one will take me a bit more time to plan out. Then I have actually learn out how to code everything too, which will take me a while.

I know, right? It's like an Umineko Renaissance. I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with myself!
Please tell me your joking. Rise of the Golden Witch is exactly what I titled mine before I even knew about this board. Well looks like it is time for me to change the title but to what I don't know..... oh well.
Currently I'm working on three Umineko projects.
First is Miracle of the Golden Witch which is one where Battler comes back to Rokkenjima which I may just drop
second is Truth of the Golden Witch which is the games told from Yasu's point of view and how all the crimes transpired
third is *Blank* of the Golden Witch which is just a forgery I'm using Ren'py to make while the others are just writing.
Is there a way to make inserting the images into the script alot faster because I really hate doing it but it will be worth it.

Last edited by Asuka0NK; 2012-06-19 at 13:10.
Old 2012-06-19, 17:48   Link #296
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
Please tell me your joking. Rise of the Golden Witch is exactly what I titled mine before I even knew about this board. Well looks like it is time for me to change the title but to what I don't know..... oh well.
Agh, sorry to hear about that!

I tried to think of a different name for my Rise, but I couldn't think of a decent one that matches Downfall as well.
Old 2012-06-19, 20:18   Link #297
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Ascension?
Old 2012-06-19, 23:43   Link #298
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Ascension of the Golden Witch...I like the sound of that. Thanks AT!
Old 2012-06-20, 00:48   Link #299
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I know, I rule.
Old 2012-06-21, 01:53   Link #300
Asuka0NK

I've actually been thinking and I really want to start a fanfiction called
Genderbend of the Golden Witch. I know dumb title but pretty it is what you think a fanfic where everyone is the opposite gender. Does anyone think this is a good idea. I don't really wanna write a fanfic that is stupid. The only problem I have is some names. Like what to call Krauss, Eva, Rudolf, Kyrie, and Rosa.