AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-21, 04:18   Link #1021
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Have you watched the latest episode? It looks like we'll reach that part very very soon.
Agreed. It looks like she'll have to work her way back up again.

I really enjoyed the small part when Sheryl wanted to look her best before meeting Alto only to see Ranka tagging along. If only the little queen wasn't there.......
Old 2008-07-21, 10:32   Link #1022
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnag View Post
I could read this for weeks and not finish. Let me be up front and say I am from the Ranka camp. Sheryl is completely unappealing to me personally because I didn't get to see her climb to fame. It makes it harder to connect with a character, for me anyway. Plus Ranka is super cute and wears her heart on her sleeve. I don't really have any speculation for how things will pair up but I would be much more interested in a story that built on rankas feelings and Altos unwillingness to accept or be ruled by his. Anything with sheryl just seems too "Idol's new boy-toy" to me.
Welcome to the minority in every way. Tell us how the club is.
Old 2008-07-21, 12:13   Link #1023
ani_d

Quote:
I could read this for weeks and not finish. Let me be up front and say I am from the Ranka camp. Sheryl is completely unappealing to me personally because I didn't get to see her climb to fame. It makes it harder to connect with a character, for me anyway. Plus Ranka is super cute and wears her heart on her sleeve.
I also think Sheryl didn't do all those mambo jumbos the way Ranka did them. What's sure is that, Grace & co made her the Galactic fairy so she'll appeal to Frontier. If Sheryl isn't a mechanically engineered humanoid and is really all natural, she may have just been picked up on the street by Grace and made her become the Galactic Fairy. I find this less likely since the Galaxy sounded like she's supposed to function like Ranka. She can't be a normal human if she were to be like that. The crazed look on Sheryl's face at the thought of Ranka stealing her stardom is disturbing. It's like, she'll fall apart if she can't be Sheryl Nome the idol. Looks like people are wrong when they think Sheryl will just gladly settle down with Alto and leave her stardom to Ranka lol

Quote:
I don't really have any speculation for how things will pair up but I would be much more interested in a story that built on rankas feelings and Altos unwillingness to accept or be ruled by his. Anything with sheryl just seems too "Idol's new boy-toy" to me.
Seriously.
Old 2008-07-21, 15:18   Link #1024
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ah, anything to feed ani_d's ammo-belt is always a plus, eh?

Quote:
Plus Ranka is super cute and wears her heart on her sleeve.
Yeah, and she is also a loli-jail-bait with drooling moe fan-boys all over Japan drawing doujins of her in extremely compromising situations.

Thank goodness Alto have yet to ascend to the role of a serial lolicon.

Quote:
but I would be much more interested in a story that built on rankas feelings and Altos unwillingness to accept or be ruled by his. Anything with sheryl just seems too "Idol's new boy-toy" to me.
It sure seemed like it during Star Date, but if you have not progressed further after that episode, then you are certainly missing a lot of Sheryl's own inner struggles and her developing a definite affection for Alto.

Yet, I can almost use the same argument against this statement. I can easily say that anything with Ranka just seems too "girl's (another) new crush" to me, which usually ends in separation assuming the forms of some laughable high-school type drama, with kiddies attempting the roles of mature adults only to fail miserably at the end. There is absolutely no thought in Ranka's love for Alto, no substance, only hallow well-wishes on a singular-track road to nowhere.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-07-21 at 16:18.
Old 2008-07-21, 16:16   Link #1025
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, and she is also a loli-jail-bait with drooling moe fan-boys all over Japan drawing doujins of her in extremely compromising situations.
So true. And this is my response to the mere thought of Ranka dojinshi....

Spoiler:

That's why no matter how impressed I am with Ranka's character growth over the last 15 episodes, I don't think she's suitable for a romantic relationship yet.

Now a Sheryl and Alto dojinshi.... hmmm...
Old 2008-07-21, 16:53   Link #1026
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
That's why no matter how impressed I am with Ranka's character growth over the last 15 episodes, I don't think she's suitable for a romantic relationship yet.
As of yet, i don't see Alto thinking of Ranka in that way. Not to say that can't happen, and it probably will just to piss me off (yes i want Alto x Sheryl ending), but upto now he's mostly being caring for her as a close friend. Now if you wanna look really into that, then yes you could say Alto is doing it out of strong feelings for Ranka, though i don't believe that to be true at this point in the series.

He's shown some what of an interest in Sheryl. I just hope because that Sheryl started out in the lead at the start means she won't win. If it's going to end with Ranka x Alto, then i want it to be believable.
Old 2008-07-21, 22:32   Link #1027
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As of yet, i don't see Alto thinking of Ranka in that way. Not to say that can't happen, and it probably will just to piss me off (yes i want Alto x Sheryl ending), but upto now he's mostly being caring for her as a close friend. Now if you wanna look really into that, then yes you could say Alto is doing it out of strong feelings for Ranka, though i don't believe that to be true at this point in the series.

He's shown some what of an interest in Sheryl. I just hope because that Sheryl started out in the lead at the start means she won't win. If it's going to end with Ranka x Alto, then i want it to be believable.
alto is all over both of them. He's all over Sheryl and all over Ranka. SherylxAlto all the way
Old 2008-07-22, 00:10   Link #1028
Teletha

He is basically all over both of them, and I think kind of needs to grow too, to be with either one of them. Right now I can't see a real ending for either couple, though that could change quickly. But I don't think it all should be the girls doing all the work.

Quote:
I don't think Sheryl ever started with the lead. The first couple of episodes were basically all Ranka. If Ranka X Alto happens it happens, but it'll never be believable to me. They are welcome to try to change my mind though.
Old 2008-07-22, 05:51   Link #1029
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
alto is all over both of them. He's all over Sheryl and all over Ranka. SherylxAlto all the way
Sorry, but i don't see how Alto is all over both of them, he's still in "ah don't touch me~" state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I don't think Sheryl ever started with the lead. The first couple of episodes were basically all Ranka. If Ranka X Alto happens it happens, but it'll never be believable to me. They are welcome to try to change my mind though.
Just because Ranka met Alto first doesn't mean anything --- what i said was going by when feelings started to show, and Sheryl was first.
Old 2008-07-22, 10:01   Link #1030
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Just because Ranka met Alto first doesn't mean anything --- what i said was going by when feelings started to show, and Sheryl was first.
I don't see the substance of Alto and Ranka's feelings, I really don't. Somebody will have to convince me where the substance is, where is the interaction and the understanding? They all seem absent.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-22, 10:33   Link #1031
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't see the substance of Alto and Ranka's feelings, I really don't. Somebody will have to convince me where the substance is, where is the interaction and the understanding? They all seem absent.

- Tak
ani_d and BleachOD will be along shortly to show us the error in our ways of thinking.

But I agree. It doesn't work at this point. There would need to be some flash forward a few years like Ichigo 100% before I could believe it.
Old 2008-07-22, 11:03   Link #1032
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
There would need to be some flash forward a few years like Ichigo 100% before I could believe it.
Yeah. If they go Ranka+Alto, they really need to flash forward a few years with a new non-loli/moe Ranka design before I could believe it. However, that's about as likely to happen as Hikaru & Misa showing up in MF , so I remain firmly committed to to Sherly+Alto.
Old 2008-07-22, 11:05   Link #1033
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So the only thing you have against Ranka x Alto is her looks? Isn't that rather shallow?
Old 2008-07-22, 11:19   Link #1034
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So the only thing you have against Ranka x Alto is her looks? Isn't that rather shallow?
Err. It's the fact that she looks like a 12 year old. Most people would find a romantic relationship between a 17 year old and a 12 year old looking girl completely abhorrant, despite the fact that the age difference is only 5 years (and let's not even go into the legal/criminal implications of that). Now fast forward that ten years, and you get 27 and 22, which would be perfectly acceptable to all parties.
Old 2008-07-22, 11:21   Link #1035
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She's 16. She may very well be one of those "eternal lolis", who look 12 at age 12, 16, or 27. And then what?
Old 2008-07-22, 11:49   Link #1036
zalem

Not this argument again. Let us all just agree to disagree on it. If people feel uncomfortable with the RankaxAlto relationship because of it looking like lolicon, nothing anyone says is going to change their mind. Besides, that might be one reason but not the sole reason for disliking the couple. I mean aging her up would take away the discomfort one gets looking at them, but I personally probably still wouldn't like the couple. They need more development.
Old 2008-07-22, 11:58   Link #1037
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
ranka looks like she's 8...
I wonder if you would go out with some1 that looks like their 8.
Old 2008-07-22, 12:13   Link #1038
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
They need more development.
This is what i'm saying. I hope it's nothing really small though, something so cheap that makes Alto start to see Ranka that way. I'd feel so stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
ranka looks like she's 8...
I wonder if you would go out with some1 that looks like their 8.
I don't know what 8 year olds you know, though Ranka does not look 8.
Old 2008-07-22, 12:22   Link #1039
Prov1

Quote:
This is what i'm saying. I hope it's nothing really small though, something so cheap that makes Alto start to see Ranka that way. I'd feel so stolen.

I don't know what 8 year olds you know, though Ranka does not look 8.
her flatness makes her look 8
Old 2008-07-22, 12:22   Link #1040
zalem

Not 8, but 11 or 12 to me.

Tags
romance