AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 31 26.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 15.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-05, 22:25   Link #221
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I don't like such obvious death flags. And the production team is now just recycling ideas from Code Geass.

Her void was overpowered and sort of a Deus Ex Machina and she competed with Inori for Shu's attention... duh... she had a big fat bullseye.

Why couldn't they just keep her alive? Would it really be that inconvenient? These sorts of deaths are getting cliche. Too hard writing a story where Shu actually chooses a girl? In worked in Macross... it's not that hard.

She bit the bullet like Shirley.
Old 2012-02-06, 00:01   Link #222
king12354

Mental breakdown #88 for Shu. It's surprising how he doesn't just throw himself off a roof. As for the plot, it was an ugly, rough transition from being "naive and nice" to "ruthless" especially after how pathetic he became after failing to save Yahiro's brother.

Overall, I found myself facepalming more than actually caring who dies and the artificial suffering the kids are going through.
Old 2012-02-06, 00:21   Link #223
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Excuse me. Lelouch-sama didn't give a damn care about Shirley's death. Hare is more useful than someone like her.
Uh, yes he did. And like I said before, Code Geass doesn't own that sort of death thing. It's actually pretty common.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-06, 00:41   Link #224
Crontica

In all honesty Shuu behaves exactly like Sena from Eyeshield 21.
Old 2012-02-06, 00:53   Link #225
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I agree that the writing team here isn't so much recycling stuff from Code Geass, they're just recycling overdone tropes in general. They're not creative enough so they take the easy way out. Why does suddenly announcing that you're going to retire/marry the girl you love/confess feelings raise death flags in a story? Cheap way to add drama.

To me the creative team here had to kill the hypotenuse because they can create drama and force a change in Shu while also getting rid of someone possibly overshadowing Inori (I've heard that Inori herself isn't a very popular character, don't know for sure). Having Hare take over obviously wasn't an option given all the images we see of Shu/Inori together in OPs/EDs, official art, etc.

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2012-02-06 at 01:08.
Old 2012-02-06, 01:09   Link #226
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
I agree that the writing team here isn't so much recycling stuff from Code Geass, they're just recycling overdone tropes in general. They're not creative enough so they take the easy way out. Why does suddenly announcing that you're going to retire/marry the girl you love/confess feelings raise death flags in a story? Cheap way to add drama.
You know, a.f.a. tropes goes, being the childhood friend already raises the mortality rate of the unfortunate character.
Old 2012-02-06, 01:14   Link #227
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
You know, a.f.a. tropes goes, being the childhood friend already raises the mortality rate of the unfortunate character.
I understand that, Hare had a lot of death flags raised, but I just don't understand why those qualities have to translate into flags. To me it's just derivative and lazy writing.
Old 2012-02-06, 03:11   Link #228
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
To me the creative team here had to kill the hypotenuse because they can create drama and force a change in Shu while also getting rid of someone possibly overshadowing Inori (I've heard that Inori herself isn't a very popular character, don't know for sure). Having Hare take over obviously wasn't an option given all the images we see of Shu/Inori together in OPs/EDs, official art, etc.
Inori and Shu are the most popular characters so it was not a matter of killing Hare because she was overshadowing the female lead. They needed to kill someone VERY close to Shu to put him near the edge of the abyss. And naturally killing Inori is out of the question so Hare (as lovely childhood friend with a one-sided crush) had to play that role. The end.
Old 2012-02-06, 03:20   Link #229
AlaAlba

Took where I left off from episode 13(I really thought this show is a one cour btw, lol), and watched 14 and 15 just now.

Ou! Hare's dead. Oh well, next episode please? Wonder who'll die next.
Old 2012-02-06, 05:48   Link #230
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Lelouch's original plan was to recruit those poor Geass kids into his armies, but after Shirley death, he went berserk and hate anything that related to Rolo.

So yeah, both of those death have a common.
Yeah, that's why the solution was obviously to have everything die in cleansing fire before things went out of hand like that....

Obviously nothing will be so simple of course.
Old 2012-02-06, 06:24   Link #231
n120cky

The key now what action Shu will make next by the death of Hare. But i'm afraid he won't do much, I don't see any sense of strategy from him, except once when he prove about turning funeral palor member to the GHQ using Tsugumi void, but that's not enough to face the bigger problem which is a war between both side.
Old 2012-02-06, 13:30   Link #232
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Nooooo:

NOOO!! WHY!? WHY!!!???? WHY!!!???

[/rage]

I can't say I didn't see this coming but the way it played out was really heart wrenching. It wasn't cool that he "forced" himself on Inori or punched Souta. I can understand his anger but yeah.

It's gonna be a tough Abyss.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:03   Link #233
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For the last time: please remember that everyone may not have watched Code Geass yet, however popular it is.
Therefore, please do -not- post spoilers or elements from Code Geass at all, unless it is relevant to the discussion with -appropriate- spoiler tags, like this:
Spoiler for Code Geass, Episode **:

Even so, I would frankly ask people to refrain from posting that kind of content, considering how overboard such kind of discussions become on the mid term. Thus, please keep the references and comparisons to a -strict- minimum.
Old 2012-02-06, 22:59   Link #234
justsomeguy

Ugh, this is one of those times I regret willingly spoiling myself before watching the episode. That's why it took me days to finally watch this.

Episode 15:
* Machiavelli says it is better to be feared than to be loved. Well, looks like that's what we're gonna get. For Shu, that may well be good character development.
* Souta is surprisingly mistrusting of Shu, thinking that he'll implement the caste system right off the bat.
* "Wanna scream?" We're going into the territory of FFX and HoshiKaka here.
* Which douchebag failed to secure the ranking list or worse, intentionally leaked it?
* The good thing about Shu is that he knows his failings as a leader. Too bad it took Hare's death to make him change (why the hell did he bring her, and not Inori?). He might actually have been better off just letting Souta and the other Fs do their own thing.
* Souta, you idiot. How much stupidity does it take to send your healer out into the open? There's many buildings around, surely there must be abandoned vehicles in some of them. And it may be a better idea to just hide or take the sewers.
* Ayase did surprisingly well. One would not expect somebody in a wheelchair with a rocket launcher in the middle of the street to not get killed immediately by a helicopter.
* Daryl loses again. When will he just give it up?
* I'm surprised even Yahiro was shocked by Shu beating Souta. I thought that he would be one to support him. Though I'm guessing it's because a leader should stay in control of oneself, and not rage like he did.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-02-06, 23:13   Link #235
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Souta annoyed me too. I thought he was past everything. I mean, if he was Shu's friend then he would have a little more trust in him. He may not deserve a punch for what happened to Hare but he does deserve one for pulling that little stunt.

And I don't get that ranking system. Souta's Void is really valuable when used properly.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:20   Link #236
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Guys I re watch the whole ep and I found out something big. Yahiro really kill Hare >_>
Let me explain ...I really don’t know if this was done on purpose but the scene showing after the helicopter shoots shows the helicopter rounds hitting everything but the healing “cord” it then shows a scene with Yahiro holding a gun from above. So I think he did it. It makes sense as he was really pushing the ranking system, and might of thought that Hares death might of made Shu use the system.>_> If I'm right(and I'm think I am) I want Yahiro die.
i saw something on Yahiro's hand.. isn't a walkie talkie radio?
if that case, its one of the possibilty on your statements... connecting to this post below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If you watch the episode better, then you can see that the helicopter shot Hare's void with it's chain or gattling gun. Also her void was shot from higher angle, which means if Yahiro was stupid enough to stand from a higher position he would have been spotted by the patrolling helicopter and he would have been shot by that copter before he could shoot Hare.
Yahiro was the whole time near Ayase and Tsugumi holding their ground against the forces, so it makes no sense that he could run off without either Ayayse, Tsugumi noticing
spotted on the helicopter.. on the target screen, they detected Hare but not Yahiro [ the screen was zoomed to her, and IF Yahiro was block out on the screen because there was a smoke (unless they didn't activate the infrared sensors on the heli...)].

Quote:
helicopter shot Hare's void with it's chain or gattling gun. Also her void was shot from higher angle
this is the most doubtful act.. there is something dubious.. (i can't say it very well by now, i sensed it...)

HALA MADRID!
Old 2012-02-07, 01:11   Link #237
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

So am I the only one who thought the way Shu takes Inori's void in this episode was absolutely brutal? I hate to use the "r" word for anything less than serious business, but that was what immediately came to mind during that scene, it was such a violation.
Old 2012-02-07, 01:15   Link #238
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
So am I the only one who thought the way Shu takes Inori's void in this episode was absolutely brutal? I hate to use the "r" word for anything less than serious business, but that was what immediately came to mind during that scene, it was such a violation.
You're not the only one, and it looked more like soul-heart rape; well to me.
Old 2012-02-07, 05:33   Link #239
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm pretty sure "raep-like" was what they were going for...
Old 2012-02-07, 06:15   Link #240
n120cky

I wonder if Inori's feeling toward Shu will change after that forced void materialization.
Closed Thread