AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-21, 01:17   Link #501
novalysis

Say goodbye to a Second Season? I guess this is another Negima now.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 01:33   Link #502
Kamuui

Well, it's just the beginning. Everyone knows that the beginning is kind weak. I think even Gainax know that that the part serious is there in front. We bet on it. Things should improve a lot there. The anime is going very well .
Old 2012-04-21, 01:35   Link #503
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamuui View Post
Well, it's just the beginning. Everyone knows that the beginning is kind weak. I think even Gainax know that that the part serious is there in front. We bet on it. Things should improve a lot there. The anime is going very well .
Considering even the manga couldn't raise the popularity THAT much after reaching the later arcs, I have little hope for the anime. Not that I don't want it to happen...seeing the manga animated would be very cool.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 02:12   Link #504
Kamuui

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Considering even the manga couldn't raise the popularity THAT much after reaching the later arcs, I have little hope for the anime. Not that I don't want it to happen...seeing the manga animated would be very cool.
Well, it's Shonen Jump after all. At least is slightly above other any anime. It's that what give me hope. I think a Second Season was the least they could do. The fact medaka box is the jump is a real trump. At least the anime should last a little longer for it.
Old 2012-04-21, 02:23   Link #505
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamuui View Post
Well, it's Shonen Jump after all. At least is slightly above other any anime. It's that what give me hope. I think a Second Season was the least they could do. The fact medaka box is the jump is a real trump. At least the anime should last a little longer for it.
That was my only argument at the beginning too: "It's WSJ, it will get more than just 12 episodes!"

Well, there is still hope, just gotta wait for it
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 04:03   Link #506
Valid

Tbh most shonen jump adaptions start slow whilst following the manga.. Look at hitman reborn which took 20 episodes to get good and many people I remember dropping it before then

^^ Yep waiting is the best thing we can do at the moment

Last edited by Valid; 2012-04-21 at 07:37.
Valid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 12:22   Link #507
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
BTW I think that they shouldn't change one thing from manga.
So anime vs manga:
Spoiler for anime:

Spoiler for manga:

An don't forget that he said something like "my body and soul are all Medaka's" which in this situation more suits to what happened in manga.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:16   Link #508
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, on some other poster's advice I decided to give the manga a try and read up through volume 4. And yes - the story does take quite a different turn than is evident at the beginning of the manga/anime. In retrospect I also wonder how (and what?) they are gonna cram everything into 12/13 eps?

In any event having read that far I still don't think it is really my cup of tea - at least not enough to actively follow on a week-by-week basis - but I was pleased that there was a lot more going on to the story than first seemed at the end of ep 1 of the anime....
Old 2012-04-21, 13:36   Link #509
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
BTW I think that they shouldn't change one thing from manga.
So anime vs manga:
Spoiler for anime:

Spoiler for manga:

An don't forget that he said something like "my body and soul are all Medaka's" which in this situation more suits to what happened in manga.
I disagree. The anime scene was more suitable to the Prince of the Judo Club than letting a girl fall to the ground.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:41   Link #510
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Hmm, I don't think that it's for the better. Now he seems like ordinary bishounen motr than he was and ppl's hate for him will just be stronger.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:13   Link #511
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I disagree. The anime scene was more suitable to the Prince of the Judo Club than letting a girl fall to the ground.
I disagree with your disagreement. She wasn't injured at all, so we can assume he used some kind of super judo-powers to soften her landing. And it's established later in the episode that he doesn't care about other girls at all. People call him a Prince, but it's not like he's cultivating that title. I think him treating a stranger with that much care is out of character.

Well, just a bit. I don't think it's a big deal either way.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:22   Link #512
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

it does change how you perceive the character, also if they are gonna change things like that they are gonna screw this up later on.
Old 2012-04-21, 16:25   Link #513
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I disagree with your disagreement. She wasn't injured at all, so we can assume he used some kind of super judo-powers to soften her landing.
If he'd used judo, he'd be holding her somehow. But she's not made of glass - it's perfectly possible to fall and not get seriously hurt.

Quote:
And it's established later in the episode that he doesn't care about other girls at all. People call him a Prince, but it's not like he's cultivating that title.
Hm. He may not care what they think, but he wouldn't be the prince if he didn't cultivate it. Even if his main motivation was being able to call Zenkichi a bug / being near Medaka without it being weird.

Quote:
I think him treating a stranger with that much care is out of character.
That much? Something like that is effortless for him.

Quote:
Well, just a bit. I don't think it's a big deal either way.
Oh, definitely.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 16:55   Link #514
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If he'd used judo, he'd be holding her somehow. But she's not made of glass - it's perfectly possible to fall and not get seriously hurt.
Not just judo, super-judo. This isn't exactly a realistic series.

Quote:
Hm. He may not care what they think, but he wouldn't be the prince if he didn't cultivate it. Even if his main motivation was being able to call Zenkichi a bug / being near Medaka without it being weird.
I think he's just normally polite to everyone, while accidentally being surrounded by sparkles. When a naturally sparkly guy does something innocuous like hold a door open for you or pick up something you dropped, girls are naturally going to call him a Prince. In anime-land. I don't think I've ever met anyone who sparkles in real life.

Quote:
That much? Something like that is effortless for him.
The "princess carry" seems a bit much. It's not a matter of effort so much as unnecessary closeness. If it's effortless to hold her, it's equally effortless to not hold her, so why choose to hold her?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 14:36   Link #515
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

To be honest, I wasn't really feeling this show, but I cracked up at Medaka's "Welcome, Armed Insurrection" party. Maybe I'll just take a little break and watch the next few episodes all at once.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 15:50   Link #516
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
To be honest, I wasn't really feeling this show, but I cracked up at Medaka's "Welcome, Armed Insurrection" party. Maybe I'll just take a little break and watch the next few episodes all at once.
Medaka's cracked up unconditional love for people is one of the great things about her, once you can actually convince yourself that she's sincere. I had issues with early-series Medaka because her exaggerated "humans are fundamentally good" perspective lead her to make up (and believe in) tragic backstories for any flawed person she saw doing something negative (like the delinquents in ep. 1). In the beginning you can rightfully call Medaka's "love" for people absurd and shallow. However, as the series proceeds there are more dimensions added to it which is combined with development for Medaka herself, so that ultimately I think what you come out with is an extremely likeable and inspirational character. In essence, a great part of my enjoyment of Medaka comes from how I've watched her growing/changing and turning around. That is to say: for certain, at the start, Medaka is not a perfect or completely likeable character (far from it, really). However, for her own part, Medaka does have her particular points of charm.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 15:57   Link #517
Anime-fan10

I'm going to remain patient and see what happens w/ the anime. I'm hope I'm not disappointed.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:03   Link #518
chaos_animagic

So... that preorder chart... is it based on total pre-order or how many pre-order per day?
Cause they're quite different (you can really tell how popular a series is by "per day"... since most ppls don't pre-order until like at last episode)

BTW... why are you guys all complaining about things?

Just go fantasize about Medaka's "perfectly toned body".

PS: Complains is still on-line with the manga complains, LOL, this is so fun to watch.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:04   Link #519
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Medaka's cracked up unconditional love for people is one of the great things about her, once you can actually convince yourself that she's sincere. I had issues with early-series Medaka because her exaggerated "humans are fundamentally good" perspective lead her to make up (and believe in) tragic backstories for any flawed person she saw doing something negative (like the delinquents in ep. 1). In the beginning you can rightfully call Medaka's "love" for people absurd and shallow. However, as the series proceeds there are more dimensions added to it which is combined with development for Medaka herself, so that ultimately I think what you come out with is an extremely likeable and inspirational character. In essence, a great part of my enjoyment of Medaka comes from how I've watched her growing/changing and turning around. That is to say: for certain, at the start, Medaka is not a perfect or completely likeable character (far from it, really). However, for her own part, Medaka does have her particular points of charm.
I somewhat agree with you. In our world where happiness and sadness exist, there's no perfect person. The only one that is perfect is God itself, who is responsible for creating a human race. It's like a scientifist creates multiple robots or a new device.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:33   Link #520
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
How much of the mang has the anime covered so far? Planning on reading the manha and watching the anime so I want to know where to start from.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen