AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 30.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 30.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-16, 15:34   Link #41
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I had no idea Mayaka cosplayed as a herm. lol

Great episode. Seems like we have another mystery coming? Loved the new OP. The song was okay.
Old 2012-07-16, 17:44   Link #42
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Warashibe Chouja. I mentioned it in the previous episode thread.
Wow, is it really? I also remember seeing the trading thing in an early 90s Cartoon Network cartoon, "Ed, Edd, n Eddy".
Old 2012-07-16, 17:45   Link #43
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Hmm, at first I thought the fortune-teller's dad took her tarot card (she did say he had to much time on his hands and I thought maybe that was his way of telling her to get out and enjoy the festival) but with the go stones missing as well I guess there's a mystery afoot, somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I would have never guessed that the priestess girl was such an instigator; you could tell she wanted that fight, and wasn't trying to hide it. In last episode, she appeared to be supportive and understanding of Mayaka's problem, just another good senpai like the Club President. And on that note, the president sure surprised me too! I also thought she would intervene and stop the arguing. I suppose wanting your club booth not to fail can turn even the kind ones into cunning sharks .
Same, makes me wonder if the other girls are all cosplaying Vocaloid because they wanted to or because they were all bullied into it.
Old 2012-07-16, 18:20   Link #44
Pen3

Manga Pres has about 8 sec air time and she is already climbing up my favorite side character list.
Old 2012-07-16, 18:27   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say this was a pretty fun episode. This arc is looking to be more pure entertainment compared to the last one.

The Quiz show was good fun and glad to see Satoshi actually getting up and contributing. I guess his planned events was enough to rouse him into action. Did a good job advertising the club and selling the mystery that Hyouka would reveal. If he can keep it up then it should go just fine. They haven't exactly made it easy to get a ton of people to buy it, but it's definitely a start.

The trading event for Houtarou continues as well. Though frankly the highlight of the event was him taking a look through Chitanda's pictures . Just couldn't help himself in checking those out. Of course did a poor job covering it up sicne he left the pictures beside the pile of stuff instead of inside it. Of course thanks to that guy stopping by to buy a copy of Hyouka he was thrown off and never remembered to put the pictures back. The reaction when Chitanda realized he'd taken a look at them was hilarious . Both of them left completely flustered. Definitely one of the best in episode examples of the potential of this pairing.

Interesting with the mystery continuing to build. Quite a few things getting taken and promised to bring back. Agree with the theory that it could be for a scavenger game. Of course taking stuff from people like that is a bit over the top. Just buy your own stuff to hide around .

New OP was pretty fun. Like the symbolism with the only ones seeing Houtarou being the club and Eru being the one to pull him out. His imagination is a great thing coming up with all that. Does show how he views the club and the people in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markerlight View Post
Mayaka sure has it rough it in the Manga club, everyone was just looking at her waiting for her to react and the president even exploited her argument. I wonder if it was Mayaka's idea to do reviews? As for Satoshi, I have no words, the Saturn costume, the spins... Pretty good episode, although I guess we'll get to the mystery thefts next episode?
I'm betting this situation was a compromise. The annoying priestess girl probably wanted them to all go cosplay and just advertise the club. While Mayaka probably wanted to do a more serious review of manga and hand out those reviews to people. So going along the middle they probably went with cosplay while handing out reviews.
Old 2012-07-16, 19:21   Link #46
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to say this was a pretty fun episode. This arc is looking to be more pure entertainment compared to the last one.

The Quiz show was good fun and glad to see Satoshi actually getting up and contributing. I guess his planned events was enough to rouse him into action. Did a good job advertising the club and selling the mystery that Hyouka would reveal. If he can keep it up then it should go just fine. They haven't exactly made it easy to get a ton of people to buy it, but it's definitely a start.

The trading event for Houtarou continues as well. Though frankly the highlight of the event was him taking a look through Chitanda's pictures . Just couldn't help himself in checking those out. Of course did a poor job covering it up sicne he left the pictures beside the pile of stuff instead of inside it. Of course thanks to that guy stopping by to buy a copy of Hyouka he was thrown off and never remembered to put the pictures back. The reaction when Chitanda realized he'd taken a look at them was hilarious . Both of them left completely flustered. Definitely one of the best in episode examples of the potential of this pairing.

Interesting with the mystery continuing to build. Quite a few things getting taken and promised to bring back. Agree with the theory that it could be for a scavenger game. Of course taking stuff from people like that is a bit over the top. Just buy your own stuff to hide around .

New OP was pretty fun. Like the symbolism with the only ones seeing Houtarou being the club and Eru being the one to pull him out. His imagination is a great thing coming up with all that. Does show how he views the club and the people in it.

I'm betting this situation was a compromise. The annoying priestess girl probably wanted them to all go cosplay and just advertise the club. While Mayaka probably wanted to do a more serious review of manga and hand out those reviews to people. So going along the middle they probably went with cosplay while handing out reviews.
For someone that is from the manga club, cosplaying something not from a manga (that we can recognise) and forcing other people to cosplay generic famous characther which has nothing to do with manga (vocaloid) and never even read manga that was sold during the last Kanya, we can safely say she is never a fan of manga at all
Old 2012-07-16, 20:01   Link #47
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...to think after 6 years...i log in just to say i like this show...lol...
...actaully im surprised i actually had an account...i dont even remember...
Old 2012-07-17, 00:12   Link #48
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
[shipper] You know, I was almost expecting Houtaro to swipe away one of Eru's pics... [/shipper]

Also, kinda interesting to see that Houtaro knows the exact model of the Glock. Hidden gun nut perhaps?
With Glock handguns, the model number is printed right on the side of the gun. Though, since he first thought it was an air gun he may, in fact, have a passing interest. Or maybe Chuck Norris his sister visited a gun shop in her world tour and mailed Houtarou a Glock brochure. You can never be too sure with the Orekis.

Anyway . . . in this episode of Hyouka:

Satoshi advertises!
Mayaka has a knock-down, drag-out brawl!
Chitanda has EPIC FAIL.
Houtarou makes another sale!

Other remarks:

In the Manga Society, they got some real instigators. Like that black-haired girl with the green eyes. And their fearless leader, President Enabler. And Mayaka sure tried hard not to make a scene. She gave an expression like she'd passed a cactus for all of five seconds before throwing down with her nemesis.

Other than that, I got nothing. But jury duty tomorrow. I've got that. Uh . . . seven scandalous pictures of Chitanda slacking off out of ten.
Old 2012-07-17, 00:31   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
For someone that is from the manga club, cosplaying something not from a manga (that we can recognise) and forcing other people to cosplay generic famous characther which has nothing to do with manga (vocaloid) and never even read manga that was sold during the last Kanya, we can safely say she is never a fan of manga at all
And yet, I can't help but sympathize with her point of view that masterpieces are what stood the test of time, rather than things one person liked a lot.
Old 2012-07-17, 02:30   Link #50
n120cky

I feel pity about mayaka in this episode, It's like she is being used(manipulated) .

Mayaka does have a lot of books in her room, but that book on the top of her bed is bothering me, I mean that tons books could fall and hit her when she is sleeping, She won't get away with minor injury I think.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:06   Link #51
rulfo

Ok... Screw you KyoAni... You have awakened my suppressed shipping side.

I cannot stop replaying that part of the OP where Chitanda pulls Oreki out of the glass.
GOD. SO MUCH SHIPPING.

Regarding the episode itself, so much missing stuff.... Waiting for Oreki to go full detective again.

Oh and that awkward moment between Chitanda and Oreki was hilarious.

Chitanda: "Oreki.."
Chitanda: "Did you-"
Oreki: *Inward Talking*
Chitanda: "Nevermind..."

Oh and new CM from KyoAni was aired during this ep done by non other than Yukiko Horiguchi herself.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:40   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
And yet, I can't help but sympathize with her point of view that masterpieces are what stood the test of time, rather than things one person liked a lot.
I agree with that point of view as well. In fact, that's a common point of view (although in this case, pertaining to anime) on this thread here.

On the actual substantive points that Mayaka and Priestess girl argued over, there's some I agree with Mayaka on, and there's some I agree with Priestess girl on.

While I do think the manga society was giving Mayaka an overly hard ride, I can also see how Mayaka's overall approach to manga could rub some people the wrong way. There is a touch of elitism to it.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:53   Link #53
Dop
Mmmm....

Who thinks it's a downright shame Mayaka didn't complete her cosplay with a wig?

And talk about rocking it old-school - her outfit is right from the 1975 manga and not the 1986 movie version which is different. That's some hardcore fandom right there. Apart from not having a long wig to complete the look, that is.

So who else tracked down 'They were Eleven' since episode 12 came out?
Old 2012-07-17, 08:36   Link #54
MartianMage

Pretty entertaining episode... aaand...

Mayaka you go girl! No one talks shit about our masterpieces like that!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-07-17, 10:35   Link #55
Egoplant

I agree with the bully somewhat, I mean everything is just opinion, nothing is objectively good or bad.
Old 2012-07-17, 14:06   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd definitely go with Mayaka on this one, but certainly its one of those debates that always seems to exist. Luckily just manage to avoid it which works out fine .
Old 2012-07-17, 14:21   Link #57
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Another enjoyable ep.

As for the bully vs. Mayaka debate - well, even if one personally does not like or understand individual works that are considered "masterpieces" or whatever, then that is one thing. But the qualification of a work as a masterpiece standing the test of time is another, and is, imo, something that should definitely be given due consideration.

Furthermore, to me the pertinent question is not the "objective truth or falsehood" or whatever behind the bully's statement, but rather the fact that she is using it obviously as a tool or the like to hurt/attack/ridicule Mayaka.
Old 2012-07-17, 14:36   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think we should remember we don't know half of what went on before judging the senpai guilty and Mayaka innocent...
Old 2012-07-17, 14:42   Link #59
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
I think we should remember we don't know half of what went on before judging the senpai guilty and Mayaka innocent...
Very good point.

To be clear I was not necessarily saying that one was guilty and the other innocent, per se, though. Moreso pointing out the contrast between an idea being looked at as true or false and an idea being used as a tool for other personal purposes.

Sorry if it came across as a pointing of fingers in a black and white manner....
Old 2012-07-17, 15:52   Link #60
Warm Mist

I don't know who's the better person there, but Mayaka's argument is retarded. She didn't even respond to the initial point, she went on a tangent based on 'technical abilities' that doesn't clear up anything.

And her way of proving to the other gal that masterpieces are objective is bringing a manga she liked? What if nobody in the club likes it? What if another manga she considers a masterpiece is disliked by a lot of people, or vice-versa? This is bound to happen at some time.
Closed Thread