AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-15, 12:07   Link #81
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Interestingly, some guys I know swear by the Soma, saying that with proper mods, including Shred, it out DPSes Boltor. Well, that is so ething else to work towards... I have a feeling my Boltor is going to be my main combat gun. Looks like I'll have to rely on pistols and swords for mastery leveling...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 12:24   Link #82
KBTKaiser

eh, I keep constantly rotating weapons in a way that when something maxes out, I'll have one of the other 2 at around 15-ish and the other at 5-10 or so. Thus I won't be lacking a high damage weapon.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 18:17   Link #83
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh, yeah, that's a good way to do things, but what I meant is that I like the Boltor so much, it'll probably be my main gun for a while.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 18:40   Link #84
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Until you get your first potato, don't worry too much about having which gun being your primary. You should be leveling a weapon/frame until you hit mastery rank 4 to use all market weapon or rank 8 if you want to be able to research all Dojo weapon.

Personally I got a potatoed Hek (shotgun) and Despair (Kunai) to rotate in whenever I'm leveling another weapon. Always good to have a high powered weapon around in case Stalker pops into my game.
Old 2013-10-15, 19:27   Link #85
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Gah speaking of the stalker he always seems to pop up when I'm soloing with new weapons...

Last time I was fortunate enough to bring along my Sniperton Vandal so I managed to take care of him, though he didn't drop any loot =[

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 20:11   Link #86
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Gah speaking of the stalker he always seems to pop up when I'm soloing with new weapons...

Last time I was fortunate enough to bring along my Sniperton Vandal so I managed to take care of him, though he didn't drop any loot =[
Yeah, he has a lousy habit of popping into my game when i'm leveling a new frame which makes it extra tricky since I usually don't stack any shield or health mod till later.

Not sure if they fix it or not but he can't climb so you can abuse his AI but jumping onto a box and shoot him from there.
Old 2013-10-15, 20:16   Link #87
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Interestingly, some guys I know swear by the Soma, saying that with proper mods, including Shred, it out DPSes Boltor. Well, that is so ething else to work towards... I have a feeling my Boltor is going to be my main combat gun. Looks like I'll have to rely on pistols and swords for mastery leveling...
That's because it's a massive crit machine. Or at least, it was the last time I played. It has the highest base crit chance of any weapon...now slap those critical damage and elemental damage mods (Armor Penetration is a one), and say it with me: CRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTIIIIIIIICCCCAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!! !!!!!!!.

Plus, it's the most pimping gun outside of Primes.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 20:40   Link #88
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Yeah, he has a lousy habit of popping into my game when i'm leveling a new frame which makes it extra tricky since I usually don't stack any shield or health mod till later.

Not sure if they fix it or not but he can't climb so you can abuse his AI but jumping onto a box and shoot him from there.
He doesn't like to come inside the pipe sections in Grineer maps so you can just sit inside and take pot shots when he teleport's to the room outside.

By the way Goose if you haven't noticed yet you can deflect gunfire by blocking with melee weapons, I didn't notice this myself until I crafted cronus =p as in fairness it is never explained to you...

Old 2013-10-15, 20:41   Link #89
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
That's because it's a massive crit machine. Or at least, it was the last time I played. It has the highest base crit chance of any weapon...now slap those critical damage and elemental damage mods (Armor Penetration is a one), and say it with me: CRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTIIIIIIIICCCCAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!! !!!!!!!.

Plus, it's the most pimping gun outside of Primes.
Haha, so true.

I admit I don't really like the Boltor's shape, which kinda feels like it is less a gun, and more like someone carved a chunk outta some living metal zoid creature thing (BETA Creator's pets, maybe?), but the sound! The Damage! The criticals! The Armor Ignore! Sure, ranged accuracy is a bit iffy but you're not supposed to use a carbine for sniping, and recoil accuraccy is an issue but that's why God gave you the analog skill of Short, Controlled Bursts. (Also Aliens ref ftw.)

It's serious fun, and I'm probably going to get Forma to add polarity to the slots.

Went back to my Lvl 30 Braton for a run... actually, the Braton when setup with the right mods is pretty darned useful. I mean I don't have Shred yet, but I've got Wildfire, Fast Hands, and some mods that boost my Crit chance, and even in full auto the spread is still manageable.

What I find lol about the Aklato dual Lato pistols: when you're downed, it shows you with just a single Lato plinking at enemies... but the ammo counter is 30. It's like your Lato magically got a 30-round mag lol. Working to level my Aklato so I can slap on the AP Damage +30% and Fire Damage +30% mods I have...

Also in a bit of blurness, I went back and looked, and I think I've made a great mistake - the IAHgames promo netted me a potatoed Braton. I think I sold that tater'd Braton by mistake. Oops. -_-

...I still have some free plat lying about, so now I'm really tempted to buy an Orokin Catalyst and turn my Boltor into a tater'ed Boltor.

Quote:
He doesn't like to come inside the pipe sections in Grineer maps so you can just sit inside and take pot shots when he teleport's to the room outside.

By the way Goose if you haven't noticed yet you can deflect gunfire by blocking with melee weapons, I didn't notice this myself until I crafted cronus =p as in fairness it is never explained to you...
...dafuq. I'm gonna havta try that with my Cronus! Well, maybe day after tomorrow - IIRC there are no bonuses for login after 7 consecutive days, correct?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 20:58   Link #90
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I *think* you continue to get 7 day bonuses every day after you've been on for 7 days.

Blocking actually does deflect a percentage of damage from gunfire but most people never seem to use it.

Old 2013-10-15, 21:15   Link #91
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmm. In that case I'll login again tonight then.

Also, the Dual Ether Daggers were going to be gone soon, so I snapped up their blueprint. I'm going to forge them after I'm done leveling my Cronus (since melee isn't really a priority for me).

Ok, plan for tonight: hope for Kiliken Nightmare Mode Defense mission, login and check my rewards,and pray for Platinum discount. *nodnod*

Btw anybody wanna teamup with me, my handle is WhiskeyGolf, part of the Spacebattler clan.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 21:33   Link #92
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Added.

My own handle is CrimsonCanon.

If you ever want that Sobek artillery, come and find me.
Also, I should probably say that I have a lot of spare void keys left...mostly defense and survival.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 21:43   Link #93
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
I *think* you continue to get 7 day bonuses every day after you've been on for 7 days.

Blocking actually does deflect a percentage of damage from gunfire but most people never seem to use it.
I can confirm you get the 7 day bonus item pool after a week of daily login. It's more of an freebie so don't worry too much about missing a day.

Why block when you can just murder your enemies? Weapon dmg gets so ridiculous once you slot in multi shot + weapon dmg mods, it's much more efficient to just pop them off while you are running for cover instead of blocking.

Until they add in more enemies with rapid fire capabilities like machine gun grineer, it's rare that most people would need to block. Unless people go pure melee, you don't really need to block and most frame have some form of dmg mitigation that lets em soak up bullet while they fire back.
Old 2013-10-15, 23:37   Link #94
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Nah, it's not that I need blocking, but having options is always good. ^_^;

Gonna havta try and see if I can get that tater'ed Braton again. <.< And definitely getting the tater'ed Boltor.

...inb4 Warframe of Zero crossover story crack. Or Warframe/Attack on Titan crossover. Tenno getting eaten by Titan? No problem, shoot your way outta its guts, lol. Or cut your way out.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-16, 08:00   Link #95
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why block when you can just murder your enemies?
Because blocking while sprinting toward your enemies looks super badass ?

That said its kinda handy if your soloing high level maps and don't want to take as much shield damage before getting stuck into a group of enemies.

Anyway DrakeUK is my handle for anyone who fancies a game.

Old 2013-10-16, 09:55   Link #96
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, couldn't get the IAHGames Braton again, lol. Oh, well. It's not like I can't afford another 10 USD next month...

Got my Boltor tater'ed, and the affinity booster ran out so no more ridiculous levelling, lol. Still, pretty good rifle. Really like it.

Also, I'm kicking myself for not getting the Quickfire Indie bundle. For RM33 - the same price I paid for 170 Platinum - I could get 510 platinum. FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-10-16 at 10:07.
Old 2013-10-16, 18:39   Link #97
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Well, login for the first time again since a few months back and found a Vauban and a Loki frame built in my foundry. Must have forgotten about them when i stopped playing awhile back. Took the Vauban out for a ride and I must say, the vortex is pretty fun to use especially in tight areas. Now I just need to finish building my Torid and see what kinda retarded fun i can have with it in defense or survival mission tossing poison cloud into the ball of enemies clumped up together.

Also found all the BP for Nova, got lucky there to get it within 5 runs. Took me over 30 run to get my Saryn.
Old 2013-10-16, 20:48   Link #98
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Still trying to clear Earth. Got my tater'ed Boltor up to Level 20, and to be honest, I don't really feel as worried about not leveling it as I used to, lol. Still needing to get used to the leading and travel time though - I think the Braton has spoiled me. ^_^;

Aklato twin pistols really feel as though I've got a semiauto rifle in my hands. Quite fun, actually.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-17, 04:29   Link #99
T-6000

I'm thinking about giving this game a try through Steam. From what I have heard, many people recommend it and it seems to have a surprisingly high number of players through Steam. Even though this game has co-op, there is also a solo mode. Is it doable to solo this game or would you recommend playing with others? And how long are each missions?
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 05:12   Link #100
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Solo is doable, but pretty tough, and it's something of a drag. For me, pug games are the way to go. Missions range from 10 minutes to 30 minutes depending on how fast you clear and travel time since maps are pretty damn big. Camping is not really viable as you're always needing to move.

I have a referral link I can send you - this will allow you to get 50 free Platinum (ingame currency) as well as an Affinity Booster (basically, 2x Exp for 1 week). There's also a promo through IAHGames where if you sign up with them, and then use them to sign up for Warframe, you'll get a free Braton rifle with an Orokin catalyst, which is ridiculously useful - use a junk email to sign up for IAH games and Warframe through them, then when they send the product code, use that with your main account. The Orokin catalyst allows your Braton to support 2x as much mods as it normally would, which makes it viable up to level 60 or so.

Also, if you have the cash to spare, buy the Quickfire Indie Bundle from Bundle Stars: this is 170 Platinum and 6 other games for only US3.50. Platinum normally costs US10 per 170. you'll thus get 220 platinum, which really gives you options.

I would suggest not buying guns with platinum; instead farm credits and buy the blueprints, then forge guns in the foundry, and buy or forge Orokin catalysts (aka Potatoes, or taters) as required. After the Braton, the next gun I'd suggest would be the Boltor - use plat to buy Salvage materials, everything else you'll get in drops. It's a great gun for getting you a headstart. (How great? With affinity Booster, I took my Boltor from unranked to Level 18, in 1 hour 30 minutes.)

You can use the Lato pistol for a while; it's a great starter pistol. Treat it not like a pistol, but as a semiauto hitscan rifle. When you can, buy the Aklato pistols as your next go. Do not sell your Lato or Aklatro, as you can use them for making other pistols later on.

Also, Nightmare Defense missions are awesoem with a competent team. Seriously. With Pugs, generally lots of people have been playing Warframe for a while, so you're generally okay. If you're in the US, you should have no problems with ping or lag; I have problems with those, being in Malaysia, so I will usually try to host and let people drop in. Procedural generation means drop in drop out co-op, which is always good.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja