AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 110 44.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 32.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 10.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 7.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.40%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.43%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-22, 18:01   Link #261
Evangel

Raki is so stupid! It kind of seems to me like they're trying to end it at 26 episodes. Does anybody else agree?
Old 2007-08-22, 18:01   Link #262
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
My only hope is that Jean pulls a Deneve since she was just speared through the gut (just the way Deneve was, in fact). And maybe a touching moment where Clare quits playing the headstrong fool long enough to encourage Jean to make the Awaken/De-Awaken transition.
Not too much hope there. Jean is an offensive type so she probably will not be able to regenerate to such an extent. Unless she awakens and join the legion of ABs. Which is worst!!
Old 2007-08-22, 18:02   Link #263
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangel View Post
Raki is so stupid! It kind of seems to me like they're trying to end it at 26 episodes. Does anybody else agree?
I have a feeling that they are trying to get a conclusion to season1. Afterall there is no gaurantee that there will be a season 2.
Old 2007-08-22, 18:03   Link #264
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Anybody read Isley's face (and thoughts) when he saw Raki crying ALONG w/ Priscilla?

Isley is probably thinking of the ff:

1) Boy, is this Raki really stupid.

2) Hmmmm, I can turn him into a yoma or a Claymore, but which one? hmmmm

3) OK, he knows the truth...I could kill him now, but he's Priscilla's pet...nahh, he'll live for now. Besides, if she gets hungry again, we've got Mr. breakfast burrito here all ready...

4) OK enough jackass...that's my girl your comforting. You already saw her naked and you are making me look bad here, dude.

5) Gosh, he really cares about Priscilla,even when I scared him off with by saying she's an Awakened being. The boy's tough...maybe I can trust him.
Old 2007-08-22, 18:06   Link #265
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post

My only hope is that Jean pulls a Deneve since she was just speared through the gut (just the way Deneve was, in fact). And maybe a touching moment where Clare quits playing the headstrong fool long enough to encourage Jean to make the Awaken/De-Awaken transition.

Actually didn't Claire survive having a Yoma impale her way back in the begining of the series, and a very simeler way? If she didn't get hit in the heart or lungs, then maybe Jean could survive. Then again that is a muvh bigger arm too.
Old 2007-08-22, 18:20   Link #266
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

I was also thinking Jean might be barely alive. But I doubt it now..
Old 2007-08-22, 18:51   Link #267
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post
Anybody read Isley's face (and thoughts) when he saw Raki crying ALONG w/ Priscilla?

3) OK, he knows the truth...I could kill him now, but he's Priscilla's pet...nahh, he'll live for now. Besides, if she gets hungry again, we've got Mr. breakfast burrito here all ready...

4) OK enough jackass...that's my girl your comforting. You already saw her naked and you are making me look bad here, dude.

5) Gosh, he really cares about Priscilla,even when I scared him off with by saying she's an Awakened being. The boy's tough...maybe I can trust him.
He could have also just been spacing out... not thinking anything.
Old 2007-08-22, 18:56   Link #268
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchking99
I wonder where are those manga readers that have the audacity to say"The manga version is way better than the anime".Where are they now? Guess this ep. proves that anime is far superior than a "piece of paper".
When someone offers such a taunt, it is hard not to reply, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebaZ
This episode was a let down, the slaughter was awfully animated.
And I agree. This episode was a let-down. Not because it differs from the manga (I shan't go into that). My assessment is based soley on the anime's merits, or lack thereof. In any case, I doubt that many people would agree with my assessment -- it seems that viewers are easily impressed by the sight of mere violence, ala 300. Well, I'm not. (Not surprisingly, I wasn't much impresssed by 300 either.)

In my opinion, Madhouse again demonstrates that they aren't terribly talented when it comes to action scenes. They've ruined the pacing of the battle by flipping back-and-forth between Pieta and Easley's group. They failed, in my opinion, to sustain the tension that should've been running high throughout the battle.

At no point in this whole episode was I ever kept on the edge of my seat, in the same way as I was in say, Bourne Ultimatum, for example. If you ask me, all I see is an episode that grows through the motions of showing lots of people getting killed, as bloodily as possible.

I might not have minded the insertions of the annoyingly irrelevant Raki/Priscilla scenes, had it not been for the reasons that Anh_Minh pointed out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Things I found stupid:
- the AB - in monster form, too - sneaking up on the Claymores. Aren't they supposed to be really bad at hiding their youki?
- Rigaldo recalling his forces.
- the Claymores deciding to fight him one-on-one. What's with that?
Exactly. Why the f**k would Rigardo recall his forces just to make his grand entrance? What? Because he wanted to make his grand, flashy entrance? It makes absolutely no tactical sense whatsoever. And he's supposed to be the second-in-command of the AB army? I would demote him right away if I were his superior officer.

The Raki/Priscilla scene, on its own (rather than in the middle of a heated battle) would have been fairly interesting, because it gives us valuable insight on Priscilla's present condition:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
It is bound to create a severe mental anguish to Priscillia once she realized what she has done and what happened to her. Psychologically impaired to the point she is having amnesia. In real world they are documented cases of people completely forget their old lives and live a new live which can run into several decades of amnesia.
Indeed, I believe this is the first time that a logical explanation has been presented to explain why Priscilla's mind has cracked. Not unlike Ophelia, she realised that she had become the very monster she loathed, and the mental anguish overwhelmed her. In my opinion, that makes Priscilla a very sympathetic character. Those who still call for her head, out of vengeance for Theresa, ought to stop and think twice now?

All-in-all, I can understand why viewers are going all goo-goo-ga-ga over this episode. However, all I see is lots of flair and a lack of substance. As such, I can't rate this episode any higher than a 6.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:00   Link #269
USCPharmacist

All I can say is...."HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and "IT'S A LION!!! GET IN THE CAR ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH" desu.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:06   Link #270
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

This episode was an interesting one. I liked the slaughter scenes but there could have been more blood and violence. It also was kind of annoying when the scene skipped back and forth between the battle and Raki/Priscilla. Other than that, the rest of my views on this episode have already been said by TinyRedLead.

Oh by the way, for those who dont wanna wait for a torrent, download link is here
Old 2007-08-22, 19:08   Link #271
jor8888

damn wtf is Priscila eating and crying at the same time. They should just stick to the manga if they suck at making up story not to mention they also suck at drawing them.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:08   Link #272
workingclass

the invasion scene was awesome. for that i give it a 10/10 they followed it pretty well in fact. only thing they really omitted from the manga was rigald talking to himself about how the claymores were collectively breaking the AO apart and taking them down but that is of no cosequence really. they did an awesome job in killing of the claymore captains and im glad they followed through with that at least. the thing that kinda miffs me is the whole priscilla side story they added into it.

i can live with the whole clara/flora side fight of strength not being in the series cause they are trying to show more companionship and togetherness. but this whole easley/priscilla/raki side story has takin a complete turn from the original story. originally easley and priscilla were in a house. even with rigald he met up with easley in the house. yet in anime they were outside. no big deal not much to worry about cause at least it was more to the storyline and background shouldnt press to big an issue.(hopefully its not really a spoiler since its already past that part of series. i apologize ahead of time if it is)

but by them doing this side story like they are its kinda changing the whole outcome of those events. although not to important i dont think in long run. i remember someone earlier in these posts saying her crying while eating is showing morality kinda spoils it for future possible morality concerns IMO.

im not gonna say im a hardcore reader of the manag and that they should follow it to the T but deviating the story like they are is kinda confusing or misleading. the flora/clare fight is salvageable as it actually in the end had no bearing long run story wise as flora is clearly killed off. so i gave that aspect 8/10

overall 9/10 rating glad the fights scenes are there in the full entirety and they are keeping it nice and gory. im just concerned how and where they are going with the raki side story and what they are going to do and end it with.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:15   Link #273
servidor

I have been thinking about the scene between Raki and Priscilla and possibles symbolisms. Raki is shocked when he sees that Priscilla is naked, probably her cloths were torn when she transform into an AB, and even more shocked when he sees that she is eating another human being.

I once read that nudity represents a state of innocence and purity, hard to belive when she eating the inners of a human being. And she is also crying for her family wich makes Raki hesitate to kill her, and I don't belive he's stupid, he is seeing two extremes of the human nature, the innocence of a newlyborn that he wants to protect and the long forgotten savagery of a beast who would do anything to survive.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:24   Link #274
Zybon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Why the f**k would Rigardo recall his forces just to make his grand entrance? What? Because he wanted to make his grand, flashy entrance? It makes absolutely no tactical sense whatsoever. And he's supposed to be the second-in-command of the AB army? I would demote him right away if I were his superior officer.
Well, the manga offered no explanation whatsoever for what the other ABs were doing when he stepped in. If they stuck around, his forces may have suffered more losses while he was killing the leaders (they need everyone they can get to fight the other Dwellers.) If you are really, absolutely 100% sure that you can take them on by yourself, and doing so would save the lives of your comrades, why not pull the others back?
Old 2007-08-22, 19:27   Link #275
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodlou View Post

None of those make much sense...

1) Raki is ignorant, not stupid.

2) He has no interest in adding a weak member. Even if Raki is strong enough he have no time to grow a Claymore/Awaken in the middile of a war.

3) He most certainly don't care what Raki knows. They are not hiding from anyone.

4) If he cared about that kind of thing, he would have killed him long ago. From his point of view he is like a pet dog concerned about it's master. Besides he should be more concern about Priscilla killing him for killing her pet.

5) Only those within the Claymore circle knows about Awakened Being. He certainly wouldn't expect a human to understand that term.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:35   Link #276
Omfgbbqwtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
I have been thinking about the scene between Raki and Priscilla and possibles symbolisms. Raki is shocked when he sees that Priscilla is naked, probably her cloths were torn when she transform into an AB, and even more shocked when he sees that she is eating another human being.

I once read that nudity represents a state of innocence and purity, hard to belive when she eating the inners of a human being. And she is also crying for her family wich makes Raki hesitate to kill her, and I don't belive he's stupid, he is seeing two extremes of the human nature, the innocence of a newlyborn that he wants to protect and the long forgotten savagery of a beast who would do anything to survive.
To be honest, I have to agree with you here. Priscilla has strong hatred towards yoma or yoma related creatures. For her to become one can be very shocking, but the desire for human guts is probably too strong for her to handle. She cries because she is doing exactly what the yoma did to her family, but she just cannot resist the urge to eat.
I also don't think Raki is stupid. He is just confused and cannot fully understand why a yoma can be so human with so much emotion.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:43   Link #277
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Scene 21 - The Invasion of Pieta, Part I

I read up to the latest issue of the manga before reaching episode 15 of the anime.

I must say that with the creative liberties they have taken in this episode to elaborate upon an original ending all I have to say is that the writers are unfair in the well meaning of the word.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-22, 19:49   Link #278
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
To be honest, I have to agree with you here. Priscilla has strong hatred towards yoma or yoma related creatures. For her to become one can be very shocking, but the desire for human guts is probably too strong for her to handle. She cries because she is doing exactly what the yoma did to her family, but she just cannot resist the urge to eat.
I also don't think Raki is stupid. He is just confused and cannot fully understand why a yoma can be so human with so much emotion.
I wouldn't call him stupid or confused. Naive is probably the more appropriate word. It could also be said that Priscilla's actions make him question the prejudice he formed for Yoma as nothing more than gluttonous beings, so I suppose it could be confusion but I'd lean more towards naivety/shock to you system of ideology.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:51   Link #279
xVxObliVioNxVx
Game Developer
*Artist

Well I must say that I for one thought the Raki/Easley/Priscilla side story is absolutely amazing and well done. I am a bit dissapointed that they decided not fully fallow the manga anymore, but that's ok cause I am beginning to see the anime as a completely seperate entity from the manga and thus choose to judge it in that respect.

Here are the reasons why I thought the Raki/Easley/Priscilla scene was so amazing and well done:

When Raki found out that Priscilla was a Yoma he raised his sword to kill her. But when Priscilla started crying and mentioning her own family, Raki froze and couldn't bring himself to kill her. The big question is why? Remember that Easley told Raki that Priscilla's family was killed by a Yoma. So when Priscilla started crying and mention her family, this gave her human characteristics. This put Raki and state of doubt because why would a Yoma cry over a human family that is supposedly their own? And how could a Yoma have such human characteristics? That's why Raki said, "Why are you saying that?" when Priscilla mention her family. This kind of doubt is what stopped Raki from killing Priscilla, and the fact that he noticed it shows just how intelligent he is, despite the fact a lot people calling him stupid because they can't see beyond his whining.

But when Easley came in and told him that Priscilla is not a Yoma but an awakened being that was once a human, Raki amidly dropped all of his doubt about her, and tried to stop her from eating the human. But once again, the big question is why? The special thing about Raki is that he can see beyond the monsterous state of a Claymore or an Awaken Being and see the human that is inside. Remember, that deep down inside of all Awakened Beings there is human characteristics for they were once human afterall, and the same can be said for Claymores. This is the reason why Raki is so attached to Clare, he is the only person who sees Clare as a human while the rest of world fears her as a monster. And this is also the reason why Raki tried to stop Clare from killing her own friend in episode 2, for Raki did not see Clare killing a monster, in his eyes, he saw Clare killing a human. This why Raki is trying to stop Priscilla from eating the dead man because he sees the human that she is and he is trying to bring it out of her.

Just WOW. I am trully impressed with the direction Madhouse is taking the anime. Trully well done. *claps hands*
Old 2007-08-22, 20:16   Link #280
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow, lion king owns. He wasted the strong ones in no time.
Closed Thread