AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 27 25.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 28.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 17.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 13.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 9.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-18, 00:36   Link #81
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For those waiting...

Menclave released three hours ago.

*gets*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:55   Link #82
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would like to ask people to stop complaining about subs being "late"(whatever that means), as we ask in our forum guidelines. Thank you.
Old 2007-12-18, 04:01   Link #83
Jays

I thought the episode was excellent, I'm finding myself actually looking forward to Gundam 00 as apposed to previous Gundam(s). It was hard to fault anything on this episode, maybe like someone said before, it was a tad rushed, but just barely.

I personally enjoy Sumeragi and her alcohol. It's good for comic relief here and there, the tensions in the episode really get heated when Al/Hal start having their convos. The last convo sequence between the two of them, really felt well done, I liked the realist vs. dillusional dualism they had. However I still can't shake off Al's scream as he launched the rockets, it was almost as if, it was killing him. You could tell at the end he was visibly shaken/disturbed by it.

Last edited by Jays; 2007-12-18 at 04:01. Reason: grammar
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 04:03   Link #84
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I want to cry. Why such a show replaced such a good gundam series such Gundam seed ?

Any ways back to the topic. I thought the episode was kind of boring. Last week was alot better than this week. I mean the action was kind of sucky.

This series reminds me of Pumpkin Scissors, with the exception that Pumpkin Scissors was alot better than this one. So i dont like this series as much as other gundams because it doesnt have a really captivating plot ( this point can be argued i guess).

Well i want to know more about setsuna, and from the preview we might get some more info about him. I cant wait to see what will happend next episode .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I would like to ask people to stop complaining about subs being "late"(whatever that means), as we ask in our forum guidelines. Thank you.
I guess some fans dont undrestand how lucky they are. I remember not long ago ( 2002-2005ish) we some times had to wait weeks for an episode to be released( some were even popular animes). Now some people even complain for 1 or 2 delay subs? How sad is it going to become in future i wonder .
Old 2007-12-18, 05:42   Link #85
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I liked the ep somewhat, but I felt the whole thing wrapped up too cleanly and too quickly. So unless other issues arise, Allelujah's story is basically wrapped up for now... I'm not sure that is so smart to just cut it at is hem like that, though it's good that they aren't dragging it too.

And other small things I noticed:

"Information control not reliable 200 years ago" = Wikipedia?

Allelujah = Human experiment
Setsuna = Child soldier
Lockon = War orphan
Tieria = CYBORG?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 05:54   Link #86
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Everything still has mass, so you would still be unable to dodge as easily.
if you don't have more thrusters, that is.

As long as you add more thrusters with the more weight added, that won't be a problem.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 06:46   Link #87
JediNight
キズランダム

In reply to Gundam Seed being better than 00.

lol, wut?

Seed itself was decent, but factoring in Destiny the universe is awful. I like the fact that the pilots aren't zomg better than everyone else, they're merely riding on the overpoweredness of the Gundams so far. We could only hope they would incur some predictable damage such as lost limbs to be replaced, but then it would be a Tomino series ;x
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 06:55   Link #88
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:

lol, wut?
00 is the more clean cut effort and 'better' in production and pacing I'd say. But Seed retold the awesome Mobile Suit Gundam story and that was pretty exciting IMO.

Quote:
Seed itself was decent, but factoring in Destiny the universe is awful. I like the fact that the pilots aren't zomg better than everyone else, they're merely riding on the overpoweredness of the Gundams so far. We could only hope they would incur some predictable damage such as lost limbs to be replaced, but then it would be a Tomino series ;x
I wouldn't say the universe is bad. It's just the second half of Destiny. There's still room for a new Seed show, though purists love to hate on the Seed UNIVERSE as a whole. Which I'd have to disagree with.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 08:08   Link #89
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:

lol, wut?

I guess i am the type that likes anime that have continueing story and not just mission like story ( I.E. Pumpkin scizor and gundam 00). Well 00 might get some story in future ( and may not) but still i find it a bit boring. It depends on people ofcourse on which anime is better. People have diffrent opinions and i dont want to start a " which one is better dispute " in an unrelated thread. So lets leave it at that .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
00 is the more clean cut effort and 'better' in production and pacing I'd say. But Seed retold the awesome Mobile Suit Gundam story and that was pretty exciting IMO.

I wouldn't say the universe is bad. It's just the second half of Destiny. There's still room for a new Seed show, though purists love to hate on the Seed UNIVERSE as a whole. Which I'd have to disagree with.
Yeah i agree. Well i liked destiny too ( although a bit more action would be nice). Noneless it was a good anime.
Old 2007-12-18, 09:43   Link #90
4Tran

Gundam 00 started off as a show with a very innovative setting and a great deal of potential. I've been leery of the premise of the plot, but it still seemed promising if it were handled deftly. Unfortunately, by this episode, Gundam 00 has slipped to the list of the few Gundam shows I dislike. I'll continue watching for the foreseeable future, but I'll refrain from commenting on future episodes unless they are significantly better.
Old 2007-12-18, 10:50   Link #91
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:

lol, wut?

Good for you, but there are some people out there who could care less about the universe and could still love a series. After all when everything is said and done, it all boils down to opinion. =)
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 11:34   Link #92
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Because in space, weight has next to no meaning while on Earth I highly doubt they'd use that as it'd probably be too slow to do anything.
This is wrong. It has nothing to do with weight, because weight has nothing to do with movement. The difficulty in changing one's velocity whether to get it moving or to start it is dependent on overcoming an objects inertia, and inertia is dependent on MASS. Adding more mass (commonly called weight) directly affects how much energy required to get an object moving, regardless of whether in space or in gravity. Hence, if a propulsion is a constant an object's speed/acceleration becomes dependent on its mass.

Weight is measurement of directional force; all it is saying is that an object already has a constant force acting on it, requiring an additional amount of force to move the object in conjunction with simply moving the mass. The only problem is that most people consider weight to be the norm and consider zero-g as a subtraction mathmatic in determining force requirements, rather than adding in compensation for gravity.

All of which is largely irrelevant, because the Avalanche Exia propulsion is GN, not conventional rocket. As long as the output can be increased, the presence/lack of rockets is irrelevant. It's not like any of the gundams have thrusters at the moment, after all.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 12:48   Link #93
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Gundam 00 has a continuing story, it's just not the main focus yet.
Besides: the setting requires some sort of "mission like story", since they are intervening in independent small conflicts. The only way for this to change would be a full scale war between two or more of the three power blocks, but they won't start one, when they know, that CB would appear and crush them both.
Watching through 11 and it seems these mission stories are building up the story.

The reason is that Gundam 00 HAS no main antagonist. Whose the bad guy? There's no war going on yet here we got this renegade group coming in here with big guns.

With the attention they are giving to each factions, they are giving us bits and pieces of what CB's true purpose is.

And according to the Union's scientist, it maybe that their true goal is to unite humanity so that they can all move into the next stage which is space.

And apparently the Union and HRL presidents are holding secret meetings now so we should expect to see a massive military build-up later on. This is probably what CB wants.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:38   Link #94
Jimmy C

For the moment, CB seems to be the antagonist. That's rare for a Gundam series.
After watching this episode, it seems to me that Allelujah's reactions to other people with altered quantum brain waves should not be typical. If it was, they wouldn't be able to put all these Super Soliders together. That'd be a problem if they wanted to form them into squads, where they'd be most effective.
That they had to rig up something for Soma means that they never had to deal with this with their other Super Soliders.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 15:16   Link #95
JediNight
キズランダム

What I find funny about the whole situation is that they apparently don't review the recorder logs of any of the Gundams, and they are rarely in radio contact with the main ship. Otherwise they would have found out about Allelujah's flip-out issues already.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 15:44   Link #96
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

A few questions about this episode:

- Why is Marina so retarded to ask for the oath of the UN diplomat? She can't be dumb enough to think a diplomat of all people would be above lying for the interests of either himself or his country or even the UN, can she?

- Why are the Saji scenes in the last few episodes as fitting with the rest as commercial breaks (or even less if during the commercial breaks they show an ad for Gundam model toys ). Either give the idiot an actual role in the story (he is not even an observer of world events these days) or don't show him.

- Why the hell should anyone believe CB's story about the destroyed facility? They better have some proof because it's not exactly the most believable of stories.

- Why exactly creating super soldiers is treated by the CBs as "inciing a war" but manifacturing tanks, missiles, mobile suits is totally fine? Gotta say their definition for inciting a war is quite loose.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 16:11   Link #97
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Very good episode for me, Al's story is very interesting and his character is getting developed well. Also since I decided not to watch the sub and stayed away from the forum, I think I enjoyed the episode more, and can't wait for the next episode. Seems like that Graham and his custom Flag is returning .
Old 2007-12-18, 18:26   Link #98
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post

- Why the hell should anyone believe CB's story about the destroyed facility? They better have some proof because it's not exactly the most believable of stories.

- Why exactly creating super soldiers is treated by the CBs as "inciing a war" but manifacturing tanks, missiles, mobile suits is totally fine? Gotta say their definition for inciting a war is quite loose.
Didn't CB attack AEU for deploying MS in their space elevator project and aggressive military spending in the first episode?

CB didnt spread the information on HRL Super Soldier project under it's own name, they leak it to some other agency (media?).

Interesting to see Al/Hal to be the first to face his own dilemma, though i wonder how he is going to fight Soma next time unless they give him a suit of buffer out the quantum brain wave or let Hal do it instead.
Old 2007-12-18, 20:01   Link #99
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post

- Why is Marina so retarded to ask for the oath of the UN diplomat? She can't be dumb enough to think a diplomat of all people would be above lying for the interests of either himself or his country or even the UN, can she?
Well, it was to get reassurance. Overal i think Marina is being portrayed as a naive but kind ruler and the other girl is helping her to overcome her naivity.
Quote:
- Why are the Saji scenes in the last few episodes as fitting with the rest as commercial breaks (or even less if during the commercial breaks they show an ad for Gundam model toys ). Either give the idiot an actual role in the story (he is not even an observer of world events these days) or don't show him.
what is the question here? I think you asnwered your own question didnt you . Well i hope he will get a better role. Well to be honest i dont care about Saji but His girl friend is SO KAWAIIII >_<.
Quote:
Well some would and some wouldnt. Well as was stated in previous episodes , there are some that support CB and some that are against them. So the ones that support CB and believe their actions are right ( or have been affected by CB in a possitive way) will believe them regardless of the evidence. So most people would probably believe them regardless.

- Why exactly creating super soldiers is treated by the CBs as "inciing a war" but manifacturing tanks, missiles, mobile suits is totally fine? Gotta say their definition for inciting a war is quite loose.[/QUOTE]

There is a diffrence. Well, i Think they are trying to destory everything that will increase the other countries power over the others. Like the first episode AEU was trying to develope strong suits and they destroyed them. And Super soldiers are the same concept. They are made to bring superiority against other nations and used as tools of war to become stronger than others and take over their territories..

Look at it as weapons to defend vs weapon to invade and gain power.

Well that being said, CB's are not absolute beings and are also human. Thus their definition of war incitings acts maybe loose ( or not). The thing is they are following Verda's predictions. So untill we can learn more about on what Veda's decisiosns/predictions are based upon , this question will be hard to answer . So basically in my opinion there is no right or wrong answer.

I hope that helped.
Old 2007-12-18, 20:35   Link #100
Traece
:cool:

I thought it was a wonderful episode to be honest. Obviously these four episodes (11-14 maybe 15?) are going to be character information episodes. It's nice to know some things about the main characters, especially since we live in an age where there's about a billion theories (literally) as to why Allelujah would have two personalities (Starting with MPS and ending with him being a failed cloning experiment, plus everything in between). The whole Sumeragi and Allelujah drinking thing was a laugh too, my new favorite Allelujah scene.
Oh also not to be mean, but Gundam Seed and Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 are so alike the discovery left me literally gaping, which is rare as I'm usually ready for that kind of thing. Gundam 00 seems to be more of its own though, where as in earlier episodes it seemed like it was shaping in to a Gundam Wing remake. Though that wouldn't be a bad thing, Wing was good.