AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 11:53   Link #1241
KoroshiyaX
X

I guess I remembered wrong
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 12:01   Link #1242
Sixth
Hu Tao

Ayumu : I kissed Hayate, I am above the league.

Athena : He slept with me...Go figure..

Ayumu : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Athena : and you can guess what will a boy do when he slept with another girl in the same bed.

Ayumu : NOOOOOOO!!! *commit suicide*

Athena : Weak...Next challenger please...

Hinagiku : ....Ehhhhhh...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 12:12   Link #1243
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
They were below 10 years of age back then, though. Even so, I wonder what would happen if the girls somehow get to know the things Hayate and Athena did back then. Normally, one would guess they wouldn't care because both of them were kids at that time, but since this is a love comedy, one would expect them have an exaggerated reaction, no? I wonder what that reaction would be.

Hayate death flag ON!
Old 2009-06-09, 12:18   Link #1244
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Honestly, leaving biases aside, Ayumu is the girl who has made the most progress amongst all of them. Maria remains wishy-washy and indecisive, Hinagiku remains tsundere, Nagi's development keeps going down the father & daughter road, Isumi technically gave up, Izumi hasn't had almost any development so far, and all Athena currently has is a flashback (a strong one, but still). Ayumu is leagues ahead of any of them.
Hmm, please don't kill me, but I don't think so. Ayumu has grown alot as a person, and she's the one who most genuinely and openly expresses her feelings. However, I don't see that she has made any progress with Hayate himself. He blushes (like at Valentine's day), but that's it. The setup never changes or develops. Ayumu pursues him, and Hayate is flattered, but unsure and noncommital. The "progress" is only in that she went the farthest with her kiss, but the underlying setup STILL didn't change. I'd call that stagnation rather than progress. And sorry, I don't see real material for storyline development anymore. If he still isn't ready to seriously consider Ayumu, I doubt that he ever will.

Compared to that, Maria and Nagi have much more potential background story to go round. Athena has the disadvantage of being a VERY late entry, but she probably will make a bigger impact when she reappears. Isumi, Izumi et al are out of contention.

The character with the most development has been Hina, because here, their opinions of each other have changed most drastically, in multiple directions. And we have a simple matter of impact here: Now that Ayumu not only renewed her confession going extra far with a kiss, _nothing really changed_. When/if Hina confesses, I believe that the story will have started the end run.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:21   Link #1245
KoroshiyaX
X

Emotional attachments aside, we at least know Hayate appreciates true beauty when he sees it (i.e. Hina and Maria), as he even thinks it in his head on many occasions. He will likely be surprised at how good A-tan turned out.

And I agree with some of the previous posters' speculation how Hayate's attraction to Hinagiku and Maria isn't a mere coincidence and that he likes strong beautiful (dominant lol) girls due to his past with Athena.

As for Ayumu, I give her props for trying hard. But I'm not sure if she would match well with Hayate in a relationship due to her gentle and pessimistic nature.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:33   Link #1246
Mentar
Banned

What I really love about Ayumu is her generosity and kindness. And if there's a character development I'd particularly like to outline in her favor, it's how much stronger she's become as a person. While she was pessimistic and scared in the past, she has become much more positive and grown a spine.

Which in a way is exactly why I'd hope for her to find someone who suits her better. A guy who really and fully appreciates what she has to offer, and who gives her the same devotion in return which Ayumu is currently investing in Hayate.

As silly as it sounds, she deserves better.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:52   Link #1247
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmm, please don't kill me, but I don't think so.
What reason would I kill you for? Having an opinion?
Very well then, off to the stake with you!

Quote:
However, I don't see that she has made any progress with Hayate himself. He blushes (like at Valentine's day), but that's it.
I've got to clarify what I meant to say. When I said progress, I didn't mean progress with Hayate, but personal progress (as in, showing one's personal strength). You cannot deny Ayumu has gone farther than any of the other girls in order to express her feelings for Hayate (his feelings for her notwithstanding).

Quote:
When/if Hina confesses, I believe that the story will have started the end run.
This makes me wonder, if Hayate rejects her (it goes without saying this won't happen any time soon - i.e. assuming it ever happens), what will Hina do? Will she throw the towel and just cry, or will she keep on trying like Ayumu?

Quote:
she deserves better.
I whole-heartedly agree, but after all the things she has done, I'd really like her to win.

It's funny, some time ago, I couldn't care less about Ayumu, but now, even if Athena is my favourite amongst the girls, Ayumu has simply kept growing on me at a pace it amazes me. The more I keep reading her scenes in the story, the more I keep on thinking "This girl is just awesome".
Old 2009-06-09, 17:15   Link #1248
ellifeedn
Thinker

Well it's not like Ayumu will go yuri with Hina.

...I read too many doujins .
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 17:46   Link #1249
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Well it's not like Ayumu will go yuri with Hina.

...I read too many doujins .
Don't forget Ayumu suggested bigamy so it's not necessarily a dead end xD
Or maybe they could go "comfort" each other if they were both rejected/Hayate runs off with someone else

As for Ayumu's chances with Hayate ... even though I like her a lot, I really can't see her winning. Hayate just doesn't seem that interested in/attracted to her, even though she's completely giving it her all. I agree with the previous posts that she deserves someone who's better suited for her.

As for Hina's confession, wouldn't it be possible for Hayate to not answer immediately? He'd prolly be stunned by it cause he still thinks that she finds him annoying (?) In any case, however it happens.. I'm sure it'll cause some delicious drama
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 17:47   Link #1250
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

Hayate does not seem (to me) to go to the length to help Ayumu that he does for her competitors. He seems to think about the others more than he thinks about her. Plus, that kind of devotion doesn't seem to be appropriate towards Hayate. Hayate is the kind of guy that prefers a superior or an equal. He'd rather be giving than receiving, working rather than waiting.

I personally am not an Ayumu fan. It's odd, because I usually prefer the sweet romantic interest over the tsunderes and stuff.

If Hina is rejected, I think she'd get over it pretty fast, but she'd let him track her down if he changed his mind.
Ekul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 18:20   Link #1251
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekul View Post
Hayate does not seem (to me) to go to the length to help Ayumu that he does for her competitors. He seems to think about the others more than he thinks about her.
Ayumu rarely needs his help. In fact, she's usually the one who ends up helping him. As for the second point, that's obvious, he gets the chance to see the other girls much more than he gets to see Ayumu. He lives with them, and/or meets them at school.
Old 2009-06-09, 19:07   Link #1252
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

I've just read ch227, I wonder what those letters contain in the last 2 pages? And he'll lose the gem again that's for sure. Seen the Ayumu scene in English and it didn't change my view on her. Yeah she's the only one (currently) who's been able to confess. But I guess in Hayate's mind, I'm guessing that he's still thinking that he's not ready for that. He's the type who puts his duties first before other things, and right now his big task is to protect the gem, so he would probably have his way with present A-tan before the others. I applaud Ayumu for another nice development, although it's not much of a big step for him.

Here are some of my speculations:
Letters would be sent to the bearers of the gem, well I see them (Machina & A-tan) plotting something to get all the gems at once. Talk about hitting 3 birds with a giant boulder.

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-06-09 at 19:41.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 20:24   Link #1253
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
And he'll lose the gem again that's for sure.
I don't think he will. Although, I'm only basing my speculation on what Hayate said at the end of the chapter (no matter who, no matter how strong his opponent is, no matter what reasons that person may have, he'll definitely not lose the gem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Letters would be sent to the bearers of the gem
Since the Sister received on of those letters, my guess is they sent those to certain some people, so that they'd get it from Hayate. Perhaps, Athena wanted to avoid a direct confrontation with him?

Anyhow, I really want to see Hayate wipe the floor with Machina, but I guess that won't be an easy thing to do. After all, he is Athena's butler.
Old 2009-06-09, 21:50   Link #1254
aldw

My impression of Ayumu is that of being the Satsuki Yumizuka of the series, she's facing too many strong competitors to get much of a chance to really stand out. Doesn't mean she can't or won't have happiness, but it's a painful and difficult route nonetheless.

An Athena/Hayate pairing really appeals to me as it would show how old love can be rekindled even in the face of odd circumstances, and stranger things have happened to people IRL.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 22:06   Link #1255
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Satsuki Yumizuka of the series, she's facing too many strong competitors to get much of a chance to really stand out.
Spoiler:

Anyway, yes, Ayumu is the underdog amongst all the girls. Although, I don't think that's a bad thing, when all the girls around her are super rich, super intelligent, super skilled, and super everything else, Ayumu's hard-working personality is bound to shine. Well, in my eyes, at the very least.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:31   Link #1256
aldw

Quote:
Spoiler:

Anyway, yes, Ayumu is the underdog amongst all the girls. Although, I don't think that's a bad thing, when all the girls around her are super rich, super intelligent, super skilled, and super everything else, Ayumu's hard-working personality is bound to shine. Well, in my eyes, at the very least.
Sacchin may have potential, but the other girls would still be brutal on her nonetheless (by Nasuverse force chart of fan nuttiness)...

For Ayumu, I doubt Hata would leave her in a state of limbo like poor Sacchin, so she can definitely get her own happiness at the end of the story.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 23:54   Link #1257
Used Can

I've been thinking, what if the gem Mikado gave Hayate is same gem that was on the ring Athena gave him? That'd be interesting, and it'd bring a possible contradiction to Hayate, wouldn't it?

Hopefully, it won't be the same. I want that ring to be brought later into the plot. I'd really like to see what happens if Hayate finds it. I think it'd be fun to watch him work hard for a ring, once again.

Quote:
by Nasuverse force chart of fan nuttiness
If you're talking about popularity, last time I saw those polls, she was in fourth place I believe - with Arc in first place, Kohaku in second, and Akiha in third.

Quote:
state of limbo like poor Sacchin
Hey, she may get a route in the remake.

Anyway, my off-topicness ends here. If you want to keep on discussing about this, please let's do it by PM.
Old 2009-06-10, 00:36   Link #1258
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
I've been thinking, what if the gem Mikado gave Hayate is same gem that was on the ring Athena gave him? That'd be interesting, and it'd bring a possible contradiction to Hayate, wouldn't it?

Hopefully, it won't be the same. I want that ring to be brought later into the plot. I'd really like to see what happens if Hayate finds it. I think it'd be fun to watch him work hard for a ring, once again.
Well there might be a chance, but currently 3 people have the same gem so it would be slim. And I think it's very difficult to get the ring back from the pawnshop since nobody knows what would've happened to it. Asking his parents perhaps?

But hey, I've also been daydreaming about that kind of plot device. Just never thought of posting it until you did, thanks for saving me the space.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 04:16   Link #1259
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Ayumu : I kissed Hayate, I am above the league.

Ayumu : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Athena : and you can guess what will a boy do when he slept with another girl in the same bed.

Ayumu : NOOOOOOO!!! *commit suicide*

Athena : Weak...Next challenger please...

Hinagiku : ....Ehhhhhh...
LOL

Hinagiku: He gave me a cookies in my Birthday and some in whiteday

Athena: He work so hard to buy me a ring, you know? we exchange them with mine

Hinagiku: *Drive Muramasa through her chest*

Athena: Poor girl!Next Please....

Nagi: ......Maria...what should I do??

Maria: ..-_-!..
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 05:02   Link #1260
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
LOL

Hinagiku: He gave me a cookies in my Birthday and some in whiteday

Athena: He work so hard to buy me a ring, you know? we exchange them with mine

Hinagiku: *Drive Muramasa through her chest*

Athena: Poor girl!Next Please....

Nagi: ......Maria...what should I do??

Maria: ..-_-!..

Nagi: Heh! He confessed to me! And we live under the same roof together! He always serve three meals a day to me! And he helped me bath! (flushes)

Athena: But then, he doesn't see you as a girl, does he?

[System]: Critical Hit! Sanzenin Nagi received 43236534636873 points of damage!

Nagi: Nooooo!!! He doesn't!! He doesn't!!

Athena(looks at Maria) : I guess there's only you left... So what have you got there?

Maria(blushes) : I... I don't have a thing for Hayate! I... I don't have crush on him! I... I'm out!

Readers: But Maria, you

- Kind of saved Hayate when he wanted to die.

- Hugged him a few times.

- Helped him to get into Hakuo

and...

Maria: Stop!! Stooop!!!

Athena: (Eeeck? This girl is a bigger obstacle than I thought!) But I slept with Hayate!

HayaMaria Fan(a.k.a Primuler) : But then, you guys were young. Maria and Hayate saw each other naked few months ago.

(Maria runs after Primuler)
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen