AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 01:26   Link #20461
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I don't think you understand what the FFT is. We don't have a problem discussing ideas for stories, and we don't mind helping you out with developing the plot and the characters. But at some point, we expect you to churn out a fic for it.

You haven't done that. You have posted ideas and run away every time someone critiques what you post. You come back and say you won't respond to any comments you get for your ideas. You keep saying you'll write a story, but you never deliver.

If you can't even figure out a story outline and don't want anyone's help doing it, then go right on ahead. We aren't here to hold your hand. We're here to offer advice and critique what you give us, not guide you through the complete process of telling a story.

I'm sure there's a place out there that does it, but it isn't something we do here. If you can't accept that, then look elsewhere.

EDIT: Pageclaim for understanding the characters and creating a plot.
Old 2009-12-06, 01:44   Link #20462
Nijiru

@Nanya: Enjoyed the relationship details between Shamal and Miyuki, and the growing one involving Hayate.
@Tempest: All I can say about the fic is: awww.

As for my story ideas, I am working on them. I also have bare-boned plans for an actual story, besides just writing back story fics for Johannes, but it does involve OCs, which puts me towards Tempest's camp.
Old 2009-12-06, 02:56   Link #20463
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Ok so heres the next part of this completely random story I just started writing because of the fault of our mistress RadiantBeam for plugging the idea into my head..

The old posts are as follows:

Spoiler for part 1:

Spoiler for Part 2:

Spoiler for Part 3:

Spoiler for Part 4:

Spoiler for part 5:

And here is the latest one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I bet it's all a clever trick by Hayate so she can get Nanoha all to herself.
Mistress...if you only knew how right you are...

Spoiler for part 6:

*sigh* I had to re-write the last one since right when I finished typing it and about to hit save...the computer crashed T.T

Last edited by Thunderbird; 2010-02-01 at 19:35.
Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 03:05   Link #20464
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Spoiler for part 6:

*sigh* I had to re-write the last one since right when I finished typing it and about to hit save...the computer crashed T.T
Emonoha makes another appearance! Pull her back, Hayate! Be completely honest like you always are and find a way to pull Nanoha back!

It's sweet how Nanoha needs someone to sleep with at night. I find it very cute, and it makes her endearing, in a way. I do detect hints of NanoHaya on the horizon, oh yes, I do.

But of course, Nanoha has to stop loving work so much.
Old 2009-12-06, 03:45   Link #20465
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Thank you Hayate for being the voice of reason. Sometimes I wish I could talk that kind of sense into my mother; she works too damn hard to the point where she would stay up all night to work on something.
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 05:01   Link #20466
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I suppose my niche is creating new characters everybody grows to love. I still don't know what it is about my characters everyone seems to like so much over other characters though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Well...

Rather short this time...

Day in the Life

Chapter 33

Seals
Spoiler for Seals:

Hope you enjoyed.

Spoiler for Notes:
... Once again, my mind confirms my cruelty when I found myself looking forward to Hayate getting sick and being taken care off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
*Tosses it back* I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't drink. I take pride in the fact that a drop of alcohol has never touched my lips
I always enjoy telling people that I eat more alcohol than I drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
I heard Kaon wanted some more love.

Spoiler for Snowfall:
Cute Kaon snippet is cute. She's a big softy, isn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Kaon: ... :,| Excuse me I have something in my eye.
*a bright flash lights the area, fading away to see the forms of Olivie and Alistina running back to Ancient Belka*

Quote:
Ok so heres the next part of this completely random story I just started writing because of the fault of our mistress RadiantBeam for plugging the idea into my head..

The old posts are as follows:

Spoiler for part 1:

Wait, so this has Fate/Yuuno and NanoHayate? Score!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 05:26   Link #20467
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

What's this? Another short within 24 hours?! I'm on a damn roll.

Spoiler for Cold:
Old 2009-12-06, 07:18   Link #20468
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I heard Kaon wanted some more love.

Spoiler for Snowfall:
Quote:

Spoiler for Cold:
... What's this, Noland going for the Kaon route in KAON: SAD GIRL IN SNOW?!?! I APPROVE And yes, you know Tempy actually CAN write fluffy sweetcheesium

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 08:05   Link #20469
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Cold:
D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

More Kaon/Noland fluff? I approve.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:55   Link #20470
Thunderbird
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wait, so this has Fate/Yuuno and NanoHayate? Score!
*sigh* yeah it somehow turned that way...all because our mistress wouldn't keep her mouth shut. I'm kidding! I'm kidding! *shot*

Old 2009-12-06, 11:26   Link #20471
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Spoiler for part 6:

Go go Hayate! Nanoha has no one to blame for this turn of events but herself.

Only suggestion I'll make is to lose the 'oyasumi'-s.

Quote:

Spoiler for Cold:
Another cute little short. I'll definitely hop aboard the Kaon/Noland ship I'd actually like to see Kaon's reaction to seeing her kitchen
Old 2009-12-06, 11:57   Link #20472
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Go away for an anime meetup, and come back to a ton of stuff! A tiny bit of backlog... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Gafgar View Post
I'll be honest, like I was when I reviewed PSVivio on ff.net before finding my way here - I really didn't like that fic. I understand the notion of wanting characters to be 'more realistic' so that it's easier to write them, but sometimes it simply kills the characters to do that. If you were to, say, write a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fic where the turtles had all been mysteriously turned into humans, abandoned (and forgotten) their ninja skills and gotten white-collar jobs, you're not writing TMNT fanfiction anymore: you're writing Office Space with four Italian-named office workers who hate the company shredder for some strange reason.

Putting them in real-world, 'realistic' situations is all well and good, but you have to remember the setting around them and their special abilities and take those into account. Otherwise you're effectively just writing an original novel that you can't publish because you went and used copyrighted names.
Reposting to reflect my views, which indirectly leads me to my niche, I think. Besides humorous one-shots (in which I tend to break all rules), I think my niche is trying to write adventure stories reflecting the original material as closely as possible, trying to avoid the use of OC's in any major role (except perhaps villains). Unless someone else sees differently!

Though I'll end up bending that rule quite a bit in my upcoming Quattro fic, so I except people to call me on my previous attitude, heh.

00-Raiser, don't sweat your thought processes. Everyone thinks differently, and you don't have to apologize for thinking the way you do; that's what makes you... you. You've shown that you can communicate well, and are suitably humble in delivering an apology if you believed you've offended, which is all that be asked for a human. I actually respect people more than I've seen can apologize. That's the kind of attitude I prize in someone, and what I strive for, because I can't see what I want in others unless I try to espouse that, too. Keep on truckin'.

On the subject of pairings, though, I don't tend to ship people unless I've seen something between them; enough evidence that they hold feelings greater than friendship. Gay or straight doesn't matter to me, although biology does favor male/female. So if someone hasn't shown preference or likes towards anyway, I do drift towards a male/female setting. Although one last relationship I haven't really addressed yet, that I plan to, is Subaru and Teana. Well, other than Erio/Caro, but it's mainly because they're still too young. But that's an interesting thing; why don't I see more Erio/Caro fanfiction? Maybe I haven't looked enough.

On a last note, it's generally a woman that sees guys as friends. Speaking as a guy, and knowing how other guys talk to each other... a guy rarely sees a woman as just a friend. She's always a potential partner, either as a friend with benefits, a one-night stand, or something more. There are three special cases where a guy will see a girl as strictly a friend:

1. Blood-related
2. Gay
3. Hasn't hit puberty yet, or old enough that sex drive has diminished

If none of these qualify, then congrats, your guy friend would most likely do you if given the chance! =) And yes, I do have a female that I call a friend and told her I wasn't interested (but that's actually mainly because she's in a relationship with two other guys; they are a threesome). So I do know a thing or two about non-vanilla relationships. :P
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 12:08   Link #20473
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
On a last note, it's generally a woman that sees guys as friends. Speaking as a guy, and knowing how other guys talk to each other... a guy rarely sees a woman as just a friend. She's always a potential partner, either as a friend with benefits, a one-night stand, or something more. There are three special cases where a guy will see a girl as strictly a friend:

1. Blood-related
2. Gay
3. Hasn't hit puberty yet, or old enough that sex drive has diminished
It's a very bad case of generalization and relying on personal experience. It's possible for heterosexual male to view non-related woman just as friend. I for example have some female friends that even thought of sex with them would make me go "huh, what?!" What is true is that if someone views someone as friend it doesn't mean exclusion of view as sexual partner - but it's perfectly true for females too.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 12:09   Link #20474
DKN117

How about if I get to work on the story, get all the way to the part where Fate snaps, and THEN ask for help?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 12:11   Link #20475
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
stuff
Oh hey, nice generalization there, and at the same time putting your own person above everyone else. Nice!

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 12:16   Link #20476
Thunderbird
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
How about if I get to work on the story, get all the way to the part where Fate snaps, and THEN ask for help?
Yeah give us something to work on. We cant fill an empty book because then that would become our story not yours. Give us a skeleton or outline or something of what exactly you want done. Ideas are great, but they are just that...ideas. You have to give us something more concrete than just "I think this will work" otherwise all we can do is prod at the idea itself.

So yeah...write the first chapter out, then we will be able to further understand where you want to take this thing.

Old 2009-12-06, 13:22   Link #20477
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
It's a very bad case of generalization and relying on personal experience. It's possible for heterosexual male to view non-related woman just as friend. I for example have some female friends that even thought of sex with them would make me go "huh, what?!" What is true is that if someone views someone as friend it doesn't mean exclusion of view as sexual partner - but it's perfectly true for females too.
We each arrive at this point and time with different life experiences. I can understand you feeling the way you do because of the experiences you have gone through.

But for the record, and for me to back up my claim, let me state my evidence, so you can see that it's not just a case of generalization nor personal experience, but *also* based upon what I have read:

How about from a women's perspective?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in667575.shtml

"According to White, men and women view this question very differently: Men think about sex 24/7 (that's just the way their brains are wired), and they wouldn't mind if a platonic friendship went to the next level. But women believe truly and sincerely that they can be friends with men without sex even entering their minds."

"She claims that 80 percent of women underestimate how often men are attracted to them; this applies to male friends, not just a guy you pass on the street. Women are more likely to be friends with an attractive male with no sexual tension, she says, as opposed to a man who wouldn't mind if he slept with his female friend even if she's not a 100 percent his physical type."

Or this article written by a man: http://ezinearticles.com/?Can-Men-an...iew&id=3187334

Can men and women just be friends? Yes. But as the guy in that last article states, one or the other is *usually* going to have thoughts those stray thoughts, and it's usually the male (it's just the way the male brain is wired). Obviously, nothing has to come of the thoughts, and the two can go through life without acting on them; that's called maturity.

But as a guy, and having spent time in the locker room, and with different male groups, I've pretty much seen the same thoughts and feelings repeated a thousand times. Guys will talk about women, and while some may initially profess that they are "just friends," they'll later back down and admit that, "yes, she does look good, and I wouldn't mind if something happened."

Not all generalizations are bad, these feelings aren't bad, either. We all have thoughts. Maturity dictates what, how, and if we act on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Oh hey, nice generalization there, and at the same time putting your own person above everyone else. Nice!
Oh hey, nice attempt at flaming.

When you actually want to converse and discuss on a discussion forum, let me know. I'll just repeat that I can understand everyone else's view here, even if I don't agree with some points. It's really sad if someone thinks I'm putting everyone else down because I feel this way. My cynical side is laughing at me now.

Anyway, I'm willing to just drop the discussion if no one else cares.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 13:33   Link #20478
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

I highly disagree with those claims. However, such a discussion would not be on topic in this thread.

So drop it, before it escalates. It's practically begging for flames.

And while I'm sure you do not mean to sound like it, it does sound like you are pushing your personal experiences to be the superior definitive article, regardless of supporting secondary sources or tertiary sources.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:38   Link #20479
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I agree with Kaijo for the most part. If you're a straight male and are friends with a good looking female, you probably can't help but be attracted to her. You can't control your horomones, but of course it's up to the person in question whether he acts on this attraction or not.

Let's say that Yuuno, Nanoha, and Fate all go to the beach. Yuuno may be in love with Nanoha, but he could he stop himself from stealing a few glances at Fate's bikini clad form? I don't think so.
Old 2009-12-06, 13:43   Link #20480
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
How about we drop this sexist discussion before I just contact the mods about it. This is Nanoha FFT, no Freud central.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha