AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 05:01   Link #1121
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Has anyone else gotten the Gulum-Ei bug? Can't complete the quest, and thus, Thieves Guild is inaccessible to me now.
Happened to me as well. You have to go to the end of Brinewater Grotto in the room with the 3 levers (where he should be) and type "player.placeatme 00013284" in the console. Spawned right behind me and let me finish the quest from where it left me.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 05:41   Link #1122
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Happened to me as well. You have to go to the end of Brinewater Grotto in the room with the 3 levers (where he should be) and type "player.placeatme 00013284" in the console. Spawned right behind me and let me finish the quest from where it left me.
Happened to me too, but I play on the 360 so don't have access to console commands. Fortunately, there's a way around it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNYXWy0Ra0w
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 06:37   Link #1123
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Happened to me too, but I play on the 360 so don't have access to console commands. Fortunately, there's a way around it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNYXWy0Ra0w
Thanks guys. Got confused at first cause I made it all the way to the end of the Grotto and didn't see anyone but a bandit, then realized I had to input the console.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 09:03   Link #1124
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is different follower/wife like different armour types/ weapons? Or do they just wear one with highest def/ attack?

Lydia definitely prefer wearing a full same-set heavy armour and 2 hand weapons.
Old 2011-11-25, 09:14   Link #1125
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
You have to become a werewolf and leader of the companions to propose to Aela, so technically it's not -that simple-. But yes they could implement some relationship sim features xD
---------
They wear the armor with the highest base stats. A mage will wear heavy armor over wizard cloaks. They're retarded like that .

My Aela has staff of zombies, antronach summon staff, daedric dagger and daedric bow.
She uses all four weapons effectively. (Always summons a fire antronach at the start, then resurrects a ddead body if there's one. Then bow if the enemy is far away and dagger if they're close)

Gave her a full glass armor set as it is light armor (supposedly better for her? I unno wiki said she's light armor).
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 09:38   Link #1126
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

When it comes to armor, follower's skills don't matter so much at later stages. The universal armor cap for player/follower is 567 (you can go beyond this, but it won't make a difference), which you could theoretically hit with ANY armor (like say, steel armor). This of course requires a bit of smithing abuse and possibly exploiting the enchant-alchemy-smith synergy to perform, but it's doable.

Aela lacking training in heavy armor would be important if you were unable to provide her with heavy armor that would add up to 567, but that can be done rather easily. Give her what looks best in combat.

Follower's training in skills is important for weapons (as far as I'm aware there is no cap on damage) and for blocking. So give them weapons/shields that are appropriate to what is suggested on the Wiki.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 09:47   Link #1127
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

567?

Interesting, my (legendary) dragon light amour without any extra blacksmith enchant is probably even close there (considering the main amour piece is like 200~ish). So i guess it all comes down to enchant and weapons then

Any recommendations on how to get the +% blacksmith amours for disenchanting? I think i saw one before but didn't know the importance to buy it then =/
Old 2011-11-25, 10:05   Link #1128
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
It's cap is at -80% physical damage. The 567 is generalized rating of when the -80% is achieved with full set of armor. You need a higher rating if you aren't wearing a full set (not wearing a helmet for example)

The +% blacksmith are very important. I smithed my final daedric set with blacksmith ring, black smith amulet, notched pickaxe and blacksmith body armor and Fortify Smithing potion made from glowing mushrooms and butterfly wings.

It makes a normal armor more than double its defense rating. (It will always say legendary after a certain point, but the armor rating can still be higher)

I tried to get the highest possible armor rating on my main character just for the fun of it and it was over 1300. I bought a pair of boots from a random npc with a +heavy armor level enchantment. Disenchanted that and put it on two of my armor, getting a total of lvl 150 heavy armor (it turned green).

Notched Pickaxe is a pickaxe that gives your blacksmithing bonus and 6 or 8 shock damage. You can find this at the peak of Throat of the World This is above the quest area, you can actually climb higher by jumping on the rocks up the cliff.

-----------------------------
I just noticed my Staff of Magnus disappeared from the weapons rack and the weapons rack is no longer usable... ;___; nuu
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 12:14   Link #1129
Tiberium Wolf

Ok I know why no marriage option in my conversations. I didn't speak with the priest.
Now I have married with Aela the huntress. I told her to go to the Whiterun House. Now she is gone. I can't find her in my house nor in companions headquarter. Anyone got any idea?
Old 2011-11-25, 12:32   Link #1130
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Ok I know why no marriage option in my conversations. I didn't speak with the priest.
Now I have married with Aela the huntress. I told her to go to the Whiterun House. Now she is gone. I can't find her in my house nor in companions headquarter. Anyone got any idea?
From what I've seen it sometimes takes a while for NPCs to physically walk back to where they're supposed to go. I've actually encountered NPCs walking back to their cities after doing quests with them (such as the Companions).

Anyway I have a problem with becoming Jarl of Solitude. Decided to side with the Stormcloaks and have conquered the city under the quest line. It's my first questing in the city, and while the other NPCs are doing fine, I can't find the Jarl Elisif of Solitude and the Blue Palace is locked. Any ideas?
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 13:00   Link #1131
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
From what I've seen it sometimes takes a while for NPCs to physically walk back to where they're supposed to go. I've actually encountered NPCs walking back to their cities after doing quests with them (such as the Companions).
She was in Whiterun when I said to her to go my house. I already did that quest where she and the twin went to the tomb. So that issue of walking doesn't come in.
Old 2011-11-25, 13:02   Link #1132
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Happened to me too but she re-appeared after I did a few more quests. Or you can try activating the random companions quests (hunting animals and so on) and she will appear on your map as one of the persons who give you those quests.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 13:44   Link #1133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Save the game before the guard asks the "who are you" question, then just load that save whenever you want to create a new one.
Ah... wasn't aware. Had tried to save a few times during the opener and wasn't allowed. Just didn't wait long enough, I guess.

Quote:
*tilts head* F5 seems to work fine for me. Could you tell me where exactly you have problems?
What Who said:
Quote:
Probably talking about how you have to make a hard save if you want to make a new character. Skyrim doesn't differentiate between new file saves the way DA does.

Vexx, get a save manager, if you have PC.
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15
One ends up with a huge mess of overlapping save files that aren't titled something useful like "Joebob: save # blahblah" and occasionally an autosave blasts another thread autosave. Anyway, thanks for the link, Who. Dragon Age's character/save system was just much friendlier.
Old 2011-11-25, 13:46   Link #1134
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

At first being a werewolf it's cool but later it's kinda sux cuz you can't get bonus when you sleep & you have 100% disease resist(which is boring , i want disease for more challenge ^^)
Yesterday i became human & when i slept , i had an encounter with the dark brotherhood. That girl had some good stuffs to disenchant.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 14:04   Link #1135
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
567?

Interesting, my (legendary) dragon light amour without any extra blacksmith enchant is probably even close there (considering the main amour piece is like 200~ish). So i guess it all comes down to enchant and weapons then

Any recommendations on how to get the +% blacksmith amours for disenchanting? I think i saw one before but didn't know the importance to buy it then =/
Just check every BS and general store around the world. By the time you make a round trip the 1st shop would have new stocks.

I recommend you to not abuse the system. Once you get 80% reduction and deal 500 damage a hit the game becomes really boring.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 14:29   Link #1136
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep , that's why i avoid using this solution to get the best weapons/Armors , so much powerful. I saw a video with an orc who HS a Dragon on expert , this kill the game imo.
I'm Lv45 , still with Ebonite weapons & Low armor (like the thieves guild) , i found some interesting charm for the thief so i started to increase the crafts but it's take a while to sell the all the items crafts.(Sleep , sleep sleep )
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 19:02   Link #1137
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that is just hilarious.

A Half Dozen People Petition White House to Round Up All Copies of Skyrim, Outlaw and Burn Them
Old 2011-11-25, 23:08   Link #1138
killer3000ad

Adorable 3-year-old experiences Skyrim justice.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:52   Link #1139
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
My response:

I petition to you all to petition the white house to round-up these half dozen people and kill them with fire! Sounds good, yes? I love democracy.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 00:29   Link #1140
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The fact that the petition calls the game just "SkyRim" and then says that Blizzard made it makes it seem like either a very good joke, or the person is just really stupid.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim