AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 20:00   Link #541
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dammit, I miss Lost Canvas where the saints are good guys and they work together to beat the REAL enemies. This “traitorous saints” plot is tiring
Yeah, all Saints vs Hades army, it's not like that ever happened before...oh wait.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 20:57   Link #542
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Yeah, all Saints vs Hades army, it's not like that ever happened before...oh wait.
In Hades Arc, there's still some "evil" saints to fight though (Shion, Saga & co), and after they're done, there's only very few saints left.

In LC, we get LOTS of protagonists to root for, each with different persona & conflict. We also get the feel of a grand army of saints who work together for one goal. That's what unique from LC and I like it very much .
Old 2012-06-10, 21:22   Link #543
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

This was a pretty okay episode after they started actually doing something other than eating bread, but really, who came up with the name of that new Yuna technique. Aquila Spinning Predation is like... wow, genius.

Anyway, next week looks like it'll be fun with the arrival of Shun. I do wonder if we'll get to see him fighting, though? Since I've no clue how closely it'll be following past events of the canon. Got to say I'm curious to see how the already controversial Andromeda Cloth will/would look with Omega's design.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:29   Link #544
ShiroiRyu

The thing i loved about this episode was the Silver Saints.
They are not stupid, not at all.
They don't just fight, they hear what Yuna et Soma said ...
Old 2012-06-11, 10:51   Link #545
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We got confirmation that there are Silver cloths, so they've got some explaining to do regarding the promotion from Bronze to Silver. We're left with two options: cloths can get upranked or saints can change cloths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Got to say I'm curious to see how the already controversial Andromeda Cloth will/would look with Omega's design.
The second and third version of the Andromeda Cloth weren't so bad. A clostonized version would probably look similar. Not sure we'll see it. If Shun could still use his cloth and fight, then he would have helped Saori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
The thing i loved about this episode was the Silver Saints.
They are not stupid, not at all.
They don't just fight, they hear what Yuna et Soma said ...
Miguel seems pretty damn dumb. He's pretty much your stereotypical Silver saint from the first series. Yohann, on the other hand, was indeed a good character in spite of his horrible design. I enjoyed that Yuna tried to explain the situation to him. Seiya's group never really bothered to clear up the misunderstanding with the Silvers (only with the Golds) and just killed them by the dozens.

Sonia is pretty badass. I hope the other High Martians will be as good looking as her and that woman by Mars' side (his wife? Or a corrupted Saori? What he said about light and darkness while looking at her was intriguing)
Old 2012-06-11, 18:05   Link #546
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice teamwork to take out that one silver saint. Lol Sonya being ordered to bring back Athena to only be called back when she's close to finding out her location. Interesting that she also killed Souma's dad.
Old 2012-06-12, 23:44   Link #547
gordol
Banned

Any chance Julian Solo, Sorento, the true Sea Dragon Marina appear?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 01:41   Link #548
Cachalo

Quote:
In LC, we get LOTS of protagonists to root for, each with different persona & conflict. We also get the feel of a grand army of saints who work together for one goal. That's what unique from LC and I like it very much .
That's one of my problems with LC. I don't want lots of protagonists, I want a core of well rounded ones with a clear line separating the supporting cast.

And unfortunately LC couldn't portray group fights very well. Like how the mass invasion of the cathedral was a disaster relying on the actions of very few. In modern army terms Athena's forces would be more of a hyper specialized company (not quite battalion numbers).

But I'm talking about the manga, because I didn't watch past the first installment of the animation. I thought the opening wasn't special and I hated the anime look ever since the first promotional poster. I disliked the first peek we got of Kouga as well, but he looks better in the actual Omega episodes. Now I can only hope the design and animation style here can be repurposed for taking a shot at Episode G, my favorite contemporary SS series. It would fit that art style well enough.
Cachalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 02:08   Link #549
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
That's one of my problems with LC. I don't want lots of protagonists, I want a core of well rounded ones with a clear line separating the supporting cast.
I guess LC manga is just like Naruto where there are LOTS of side characters which are more interesting than the main character(s) themselves. And many times, we enter some quests when it’s all about those supporting characters doing what they do. Personally, if the side characters are interesting and it helps move the plot, I don’t mind it at all (even happy with it). As for the “often lost” main characters, In Naruto, we have Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura; in Lost Canvas we have Tenma, Alone, and Sasha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachalo View Post
And unfortunately LC couldn't portray group fights very well. Like how the mass invasion of the cathedral was a disaster relying on the actions of very few. In modern army terms Athena's forces would be more of a hyper specialized company (not quite battalion numbers).
Yup, saints with their diverse skills are not battalion soldiers. But they do able to work together like when they defend Athena's ship from Garuda Aiakos/Suikyo's army together.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:01   Link #550
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for OP Single Cover:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-06-16 at 17:38.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 18:35   Link #551
ShiroiRyu

OMG ...
Episode 12 : That Shun ...
THIS SHUN !
Anyways, i wait for much for the full op ... Need it.
Old 2012-06-16, 22:45   Link #552
farios

So let me get this straight...

Spoiler for episode 12:

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for OP Single Cover:

Spoiler for spoiler:
I just realized that Seiya doesn't have his scarf? So i geuess the meteor also changed the appearance of the Cloth itself too
Old 2012-06-16, 22:55   Link #553
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Ep12 was not a bad episode
Spoiler:

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-06-16 at 23:06.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:26   Link #554
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Just watched episode 12, an ok episode, not amazing not bad. I still wait the really "awesome" episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-17, 05:54   Link #555
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Just watched episode 12, an ok episode, not amazing not bad. I still wait the really "awesome" episode.

Spoiler:
They just better explain why some silver cloths got demoted.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 05:58   Link #556
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Regarding the meteorite...

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 06:36   Link #557
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Lol Don’t get your hopes too high, Albafica . Sometimes, high expectations is a sure-kill to our “enjoying a series”. Remember, this is a different Saint Seiya compared to what we had a while ago (Original & LC) .
Old 2012-06-17, 06:55   Link #558
Aiakos

Great episode with the return of Shun.

When the Op full will be bring out? I hope soon.
Aiakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 07:18   Link #559
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Lol Don’t get your hopes too high, Albafica . Sometimes, high expectations is a sure-kill to our “enjoying a series”. Remember, this is a different Saint Seiya compared to what we had a while ago (Original & LC) .
They got to have the obligatory episode where all five of the original saints come together.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 07:25   Link #560
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
They got to have the obligatory episode where all five of the original saints come together.
While I have no doubt of this happening, be careful what you wish for.

Otherwise, we'll get ourselves Wailing Wall ver. Omega.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen