AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 09:45   Link #21
Raph
Genin for ever

At first I didn't think that "Tobi is Obito" theory was true, but after what we read today, the possibility of this scenario has undoubtedly increased.

Now, when I think about Tobi, there are hints that can approve "The Obito theory"
Tobi has a sharingan in his right eye, Kakashi has his in left eye. Therefore the reason why Tobi was wearing a mask with a one eye-hole is explained.
Tobi claims that he has no name, since everybody thinks that Obito died, he's only identity died the day when Obito gave Kakashi his left eye.
Tobi a in a previous mask had the same hairstyle as Obito, with one distintion of color
Tobi knows Guy and Kakashi more than we expected, as it was mentioned.

In summary, I was waiting for this fight since Sus met Itachi, so finaly I'm exited, I got what I wanted, I guess The real Madara is about to move towards Tobi and Nar. So we still cannot predict how the events will turn out.

I guess we have earned a break from Sasuke, he's now moving wherever he is moving, so he will be absent for a few weeks, that is good.

There is only one question, I wonder what made Obito become somebody like Tobi... (if the theory is right)
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 09:55   Link #22
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
gaining weight? hasn't it been obvious for years?
There's about as much evidence for that crackpot theory as there is for Konohamaru's non-Sarutobi parent being Tobi.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:28   Link #23
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Just to be clear, I meant that "piss them off" thing not that literally. Just... trollingly, I guess?
yea I was kidding too

Quote:
Also, what hints are there, other than Tobi knowing Kakashi and Guy pretty well?
too many to list atm. check the http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93012for them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Then the theory which has been obvious for years has gained even more weight...so to speak. Im not denying or invalidating the claim that Tobi could be Obito, there has been legit evidence that I have seen you personally use in arguing for it. My remark more towards the 'I told you so's' that i expected to come based off something which I personally think is a red herring..
yea, I was being a bit facetious. it did certainly gain weight. and yea, it could be a massive troll just now, but it did introduce some facts into the discussion. namely, tobi knows kakashi's and gai's personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
There's about as much evidence for that crackpot theory as there is for Konohamaru's non-Sarutobi parent being Tobi.
you sir, are incorrect. also calling it a crackpot theory when it was just proven that tobi knows kakashi and gai on a personal level is simply proof that you are close minded.

i cant see someone like madara's brother or RS 1st son or someone of those calibers actually commenting on the personalities of current konoha jounins. just look at edo-madara. he barely cares about the current kages
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:36   Link #24
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Looks like we will be taking a deserved long break from Sasuke. Hopefully for like 20 chapters. That was actually a good place to leave that plot and return to Naruto.

I hope Kishi was only setting up a red herring with Tobi.

So basically Naruto has to get beat so the Ten-Tails shows up. The army showing up will be perfect since Kishi can then have the Jyuubi kill a huge bunch of fodder to show off its power. Then the Konoha 11 reach Naruto and give him their spirit energy so he can throw a spirit bomb at the Jyuubi.

The only question is whether Kishi allows Madara to enter Naruto fight or does he keep him stalled with the Kages so one of them can die. I am tired of Madara vs. the Kages so I'd rather him show up near Tobi.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:40   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
too many to list atm. check the http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93012for them all
Please forgive me for not wading through that incoherent trainwreck. Which isn't meant as an insult to anyone in particular, I recall I added to it myself too.

Anyway, what are the more obvious "hints" that I seem to have missed?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:51   Link #26
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
OMG exiting chapter felt a bit short. had shit just go real, final battle feel.

"my mask is somthing i can't part with" ? what is tobi's mask to him. is it because he is a nobody and wishes to remain so? makes sense to advocate Instrumentality One has to be devoid of individuality as well, or else sound like a hypocrite.

so I get that tobi has a twisted love of peace. why is he in cahoots with madara (who seems to love war from what i understand of his history)

this hint really solidifies the obito theory more. but i feel if it turned out be Obito it will kinda cheapen the whole thing. one problem it think it might present is that it will automatically make kakashi relevant again but kakashi will not be at a relevant power lvl

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:11   Link #27
Bern-san

Kishimoto likes to tease us with Tobi's identity. Will he be Obito, Rin(?),a character that we fail to remember but has always been there or a random friend of them?

I like the focus on Kakashi since Tobi seems to know but he isn't at god-level and I'm sure he will run out of chakra at any moment so it's really a shame...

I still find it strange to see Kurama as a good "guy"
Old 2012-07-18, 11:12   Link #28
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I don't get why people dislike the Obito theory.

Anyway, good chapter. I had to laugh at how Tobi verbally owned Gai.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:30   Link #29
haegar
mangaviking

all the Tobi Obito speculation is too complicated for me atm. Sure, might turn out to be true but than it better get some substance to make that guy the vessel for madara's revenge or whatever... I still think it might be an unknown person maybe only briefly shown from before? maybe the current Tobi IS Obito but those creeps keep reincarnating into body's Orochimaru style? So maybe that is why the mask is changing now and then? and maybe the one who fought Minato was a different one? Whatever, as I said, too complex for me. So rather, I shall occupy my mind with speculating if Bee has the hot's for Tsunade's or Mizukage's rack and if he might get shipped with Mizukage actually - once you think about it, much more interesting question considering the Tobi mess will probably be resolved once Naruto smashes that mask within the next 10 or so chaps (including siwtchback to Sasuske and shit in the calculation)

anyways, all in all nice transitional chap, I'm hoping for a decent Tobi vs Naruto one on one for the next couple of chaps, hopefully with little anticlimatic intermissions from Sasuske's quest for knowledge ...
Old 2012-07-18, 11:32   Link #30
Bern-san

Bee x Mizukage is a strange ship (especially because of Mizukage's love for young boys)
That confession about Bee's fetish was fun
Old 2012-07-18, 11:42   Link #31
haegar
mangaviking

Well I was wondering who Bee might end up with or want too, obviously he already discovered his tastes for Tsunade but I guess regardless of her looks she is a little more than middle aged compared to him So I figured Mizukage is younger? ... But yeah, true, Bee is to old for her tastes ... Sooo, do we have somebody aged between Mizukage and Hokage with a rack sized likewise sized between Mizu/Hokage being worthy of Bee? Poor guy, think he might stay eternal bachelor, I can't think of anybody ...
Old 2012-07-18, 11:47   Link #32
Cael
Lurker Mode

Cool chapter.

Spoiler for Original Post:
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:50   Link #33
haegar
mangaviking

nice theory ^ was Obito's dad ever shown in those 9tails chapters? I can't remember...which manga chapter did that stuff go down in anyways? might be worthwhile re-reading some flashback / history scenes around now ...
Old 2012-07-18, 11:54   Link #34
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
it would be a mindblower if Tobi is Rin -> http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rin
since Rin's death is clouded in mystery
OMG I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!
Now I know there are a lot of Rin non-believers out there, but...I mean...if ninja in this manga can make shadow clones and summon animals, I think Rin could have gotten a simple hormone transplant to become a MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Well I was wondering who Bee might end up with or want too, obviously he already discovered his tastes for Tsunade but I guess regardless of her looks she is a little more than middle aged compared to him So I figured Mizukage is younger? ... But yeah, true, Bee is to old for her tastes ... Sooo, do we have somebody aged between Mizukage and Hokage with a rack sized likewise sized between Mizu/Hokage being worthy of Bee? Poor guy, think he might stay eternal bachelor, I can't think of anybody ...
heh, heh, Bee + Tsunade 4 eva
Old 2012-07-18, 11:57   Link #35
yakumo-chan

I am 99% sure that TObi is someone we knew or a character that was introduced before,
because it would be nonsense to hide his face for almost 5 years,
Old 2012-07-18, 12:03   Link #36
Bombo
TSF Fans

Tobi live more than anyone else .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 12:16   Link #37
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
since the only thing keeping him from the perfect form was his host-body's inability to sustain the toll of the sage arts,
This simply doesn't make sense. Where is it said that Jiraiya, Kabuto and Naruto all had such a special body? They didn't have, they trained hard and risked their life. The balance that you say is just a matter of training and talent.

Quote:
If Naruto, Kabuto, and to a lesser extent Jiraiya can achieve balance of chakra why can't he? You seem to think he is just some mad scientist, but he is also a pretty talented ninja.
I assume he could if he did train there instead of creating hideouts around the world where he experiments on thousands of people, creates organization to take over a smaller village, attacks konoha, joins Danzou, joins akatsuki, etc. Why would he do things the hard way instead of cheating if he can. He wanted to cheat death, he suceeded. From what he left to Kabuto it seems he had all the ingradients to cheat his way to become a sage, as we see Kabuto has added all sort of DNA to his body before he went for sage training (assuming Kabuto didn't have an extraordinary talent for sage training). So why didn't Orochimaru become a sage if Kabuto could do it in a few weeks? He had years but he didn't, my assumption is that for him other things (like becoming immortal) were more important, so he just didn't have time to do the training. After the 3rd hokage sealed his arms and he had to switch to a weak body he couldn't do the training, that's true, but not before that event. Before that event he had years (unless he discovered the sage place only a short time before the attack on Konoha) and he had thousands of bodies to select from, and his body used against Sarutobi and Tsunade definitely looked strong enough to make the sage training. He just didn't train to become a sage, or he failed to do it in a short time so he scheduled the thing to a later time. Either way Orochimaru being a sage like Jiraiya doesn't make sense in retrospective.

The only ninja who could become a perfect sage in about 2 weeks training is Naruto, nobody else has such extraordinary talent. There's also Kabuto, but he cheated by using the DNA from the CS which is an artificial sage mode.

Quote:
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence though.
Not using your strongest power in life and death situations simply doesn't make sense. Why not use his sage mode in situations as:
- when he wanted to beat Itachi and take his body, Itachi totally owned him
- when he was immobilized by the 3rd Hokage and his soul is being taken out, he could have gathered nature chakra in that situation and then break out
- in every other of his fights it was never even hinted that he can power up himself, and to gather nature energy he doesn't need his arms, so even without his arms he could have monstruous strength like Jiraiya and Naruto had in sage mode
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:54   Link #38
Apollian

Hold on Guys, Tobi could still be Kagami Uchiha, he's old enough, kagami is "assumed" to be dead so know one knows if his really die or alive?, he was the student of the 2nd Hokage, which could explain his space time ninjitsu also, and was team mates with danzo, so that could also explain how he knew so well about danzo, I'm still holding out, but if it is Obito, I think we would all be winners on that and Kisi would have given up on holding out on us all for this long. worse kept Secret ever told as all of us at one point thought that Tobi is Obito.
go on, admit it!.. I dare you if you didn't even believe it just for even a second.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 14:13   Link #39
sayde

I never bothered to pay much attention to all the Tobi=Obito theories until now. Then again, I didn't even bother to notice the fact that you can't spell Obito without t o b i. Perhaps the only thing I'd love to know is how the hell someone like Obito could become so incredibly powerful over the years (unless he always was powerful and his supposed death was somehow ingeniously staged).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 14:17   Link #40
threepac3
Life is Relative

Pretty sure Tobi isn't Obito... Everyone's forgetting that Tobi is a lot older then Obito.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion